PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Construct Madness!

metabolicjosh
2014-11-09, 01:35 PM
So I have a number of questions, and Ideas.
First, can someone build the body of a golem for 5-10% of its price, and then animate it as an animated object? If we did, i'm sure you couldn't gain the golems special abilities... But imagine an army of cheap animated golems?

Taking that further, if you create a clockwork creature stat block, could you do the same thing? Thus allowing for cheaper clockworks?

Can we create constructs from the bones of our enemies? Bone is a legal material. And if we take the haunted construction flaw, the construct identifies as a evil undead. Imagine the fake undead army that we could create!

But my favorite. Stat up a clockwork creature. Then create its body for 5-10 percent. Then create the stat block from a animated object of this. Then take that statblock and apply clockwork construct on top of it. You have a construct that has animated object special abilities, and special abilities from a construct.

NOW, how legal, cheesy and awesome do you think these sound?

The Random NPC
2014-11-09, 10:02 PM
So I have a number of questions, and Ideas.
First, can someone build the body of a golem for 5-10% of its price, and then animate it as an animated object? If we did, i'm sure you couldn't gain the golems special abilities... But imagine an army of cheap animated golems?

Taking that further, if you create a clockwork creature stat block, could you do the same thing? Thus allowing for cheaper clockworks?

Can we create constructs from the bones of our enemies? Bone is a legal material. And if we take the haunted construction flaw, the construct identifies as a evil undead. Imagine the fake undead army that we could create!

But my favorite. Stat up a clockwork creature. Then create its body for 5-10 percent. Then create the stat block from a animated object of this. Then take that statblock and apply clockwork construct on top of it. You have a construct that has animated object special abilities, and special abilities from a construct.

NOW, how legal, cheesy and awesome do you think these sound?

Not legal at all. No matter how well you build it, you can't change any of the Animated Object stats, except maybe HP/Hardness, which is represented by spending Construct Points.

Milo v3
2014-11-10, 12:15 AM
You would just get animated objects, without any of the traits of the golems or clockworks.

unseenmage
2014-11-10, 02:11 AM
What's worse, you could animate lumps of superior materials and you wouldn't get their improved hardness or combat capabilities without paying for the CP.

So you could animate a suit of Adamantine Armor and if you didn't pay the CP cost you'd wind up with just a plain old animated object without the Hardness of the stuff it is even made of. :smallmad: