PDA

View Full Version : Roy is dead, all hail Larceny guy!

Oxymoron
2007-03-22, 12:28 PM
Since everybody else have such stupid theories about what will happen next, here is MY stupid theory (I don`t really believe this will happen).

Roy misses Xykon, falls to the ground and gets killed by a dozen angry hobgoblins. Onoes, what will the Oots do now? Dundundun: Larceny guy takes his place.

Both Haley and Larceny guy are rouges, so they will get along just fine. He is probably evil, so he and Belkar will see eye to eye and Elan will quickly adopt him as his next "big brother". Durkon and V might not respect him, but he`s the best they got. Haley will take the place as the Oots next leader, since she still needs to rescue her father.

"Will Larceny guy steal Haleys hearth away from Elan, will Belkar feel only sorrow for his lost ring, will Nale fire Thog since he was Roys opposite. The drama, the romance, the action never to be seen soon. Same time, same forum."

Assassinfox
2007-03-22, 12:35 PM
But not before V dies and is replaced by Sangwaan, who miraculously survived her fall.

Haruki-kun
2007-03-22, 01:01 PM
Don't forget, V Elopes with Miko

BisectedBrioche
2007-03-22, 01:06 PM
Since everybody else have such stupid theories about what will happen next, here is MY stupid theory (I don`t really believe this will happen).

Roy misses Xykon, falls to the ground and gets killed by a dozen angry hobgoblins. Onoes, what will the Oots do now? Dundundun: Larceny guy takes his place.

Both Haley and Larceny guy are rouges, so they will get along just fine. He is probably evil, so he and Belkar will see eye to eye and Elan will quickly adopt him as his next "big brother". Durkon and V might not respect him, but he`s the best they got. Haley will take the place as the Oots next leader, since she still needs to rescue her father.

"Will Larceny guy steal Haleys hearth away from Elan, will Belkar feel only sorrow for his lost ring, will Nale fire Thog since he was Roys opposite. The drama, the romance, the action never to be seen soon. Same time, same forum."

Haley owns a house? Or does she just happen to carry a portable fireplace?

happyturtle
2007-03-22, 01:11 PM

She has one in a bag of holding. :haley:

Roderick_BR
2007-03-22, 01:22 PM
I have one better! Durkon finally dies in honored combat against hundreds of goblins (that's an honored combat for a dwarf), and they got some divine spellcaster to replace him.
But since they don't have good available clerics available, they'll take a paladin instead. It could be Hinjo (he may give up the title), Miko (she could atone during the battle, after realizing her mistakes, or someone unexpected, like that Chul guy (I keep forgetting how to spell his name).

By the end of the comic, we'll have only Elan as a founding member, and he'll take the leader's mantle on the final battle against... whatever it is they are fighting.

Punoqllads
2007-03-22, 01:53 PM
And don't forget the kobold's prophecy for Belkar.

Oxymoron
2007-03-22, 02:33 PM

Damn my bad spelling! And damn you for noticinginging:smallfurious:

BisectedBrioche
2007-03-22, 02:42 PM
Damn my bad spelling! And damn you for noticinginging:smallfurious:

You forgot to damn my grammar whoring.
I wasn't talking about language either.

Threeshades
2007-03-22, 02:48 PM
You guys forgot they will find out that the Xykon on the Zombie Dragon is a decoy too and in fact V was Xykon all along.

I think this thread belongs closed. Even though the (not very) subtle criticism on all the plot theories isnt completely wrong in my opinion.

The honest illusionist
2007-03-22, 03:15 PM
You forgot to damn my grammar whoring.
I wasn't talking about language either.

Why did you whore your grammar? I know I'd never do that to my grammar or my grampar.

Sage in the Playground
2007-03-22, 04:28 PM
Roy is dead. -Oxymoron

Oxymoron is dead. -Roy

Oxymoron
2007-03-22, 08:16 PM
Roy is dead. -Oxymoron

Oxymoron is dead. -Roy

Since I`m Oxymoron that would leave me undead. Not truly dead, not truly living.:smalltongue:

J_Muller
2007-03-22, 08:36 PM
No, no. Roy dies, Larceny Guy takes his place, and steals Elan from Haley.

Sage in the Playground
2007-03-22, 08:51 PM
Since I`m Oxymoron that would leave me undead. Not truly dead, not truly living.:smalltongue:

Or are you a moron made of oxygen? Does this make you an Elelmental?

Lizard Lord
2007-03-22, 08:58 PM
Or are you a moron made of oxygen? Does this make you an Elelmental?

Please tell me you are kidding. Please tell me you know what an oxymoron is.

Luklan
2007-03-22, 09:01 PM
He is, and he does

This thread exists purely for our amusement.

Anyway, an elemental made of Oxygen would be an Oxygen Elemental. Or maybe a 'Pure Air Elemental'...

Jaguira
2007-03-22, 09:05 PM
I like "Filtered Air Elemental" better then "Pure Air Elemental :smallbiggrin:

Lizard Lord
2007-03-22, 09:07 PM
This thread exists purely for our amusement.

I realize that, but that doesn't automaticly mean he knows what an oxymoran is. I have run into enough stupid people to know that.

Trust me if I thought everyone here was being serious he wouldn't of been the one I would have singled out.

InsertNameHere
2007-03-22, 09:48 PM
I realize that, but that doesn't automaticly mean he knows what an oxymoran is. I have run not enough stupid people to know that.

Trust me if I thought everyone here was being serious he wouldn't of been the one I would have singled out.

Haven't run enough stupid people? Like the running of the bulls? By the way, I am utterly serious about the fact that Roy will die and Larceny guy will steal Elan (as said before).
Utterly. Serious.

Angela Christine
2007-03-22, 10:25 PM
I like "Filtered Air Elemental" better then "Pure Air Elemental :smallbiggrin:

"Air" is mostly Nitrogen, around 78%. Only, like, 21% is oxygen.

Oxygen elementals would be badass though. They'd be both corrosive and explosive!

J_Muller
2007-03-22, 10:28 PM
"Air" is mostly Nitrogen, around 78%. Only, like, 21% is oxygen.

Oxygen elementals would be badass though. They'd be both corrosive and explosive!

Not really explosive so much as adding to any explosion/flame that occurs, but yeah. They're lighter than air, though, so they'd probably float.

DrowWolfrider
2007-03-22, 10:29 PM
No, no. Roy dies, Larceny Guy takes his place, and steals Elan from Haley.

Wait he asked Haley out he is no a *cough..homo..cough...Sexual...cough*

Glarx
2007-03-22, 10:30 PM
EDIT: Well, people got to it before me, eh? Cursed slow typing!

Oxygen isn't so much explosive as it is the main reactant in producing and maintaining flames. But lighting a fire and throwing the Oxy-Mental into it (or throwing a fireball into said Oxy-Mental) would mean one big explosion. Not because it is explosive, but because there is more fuel for the fire.

That's, like, the only thing I remember from chemistry...

Angela Christine
2007-03-22, 10:52 PM
Not technically explosive, sure, but it might as well be. Lots of metal armor and metal weapons throwing sparks, crazy wizards throwing fireballs, flaming arrows are always a possibility, and once it gets dark there will be torches, candles and oil lanterns galore.

Oxidation for everyone!

Thinking about it some more, is there any reason why it would be an air elemental? Doesn't oxygen also come in liquid form? A very cold liquid. That would be cool. :smallbiggrin:

Would single-element elementals appear in their room temperature form, or could they be summoned in a gaseous, liquid or solid state depending on what the summoner wanted?

Liquid Titanium elementals would have been amazing: Hot as a fire elemental and as robust as a water elemental. Hmm. But they would tend to -splash- when they hit the walls. Coating the enemy walls in titanium would be sub-optimal.

Bobbis
2007-03-23, 12:39 AM
Could this be Belkar fufilling the Oracle's prediction by inadvertantly killing Roy? He wouldn't have tried to jump at Xykon if Belkar hadn't given him the ring.

Studoku
2007-03-23, 03:37 AM
What about combining an oxygen elemental with a fire elemental?

Albion
2007-03-23, 04:28 AM
I realize that, but that doesn't automaticly mean he knows what an oxymoran is. I have run into enough stupid people to know that.

Mighty arrogant from someone who isn't spelling the word right. :smallbiggrin:
Now excuse me while I secretly retreat to a dictionary to look up that word... I'm confusing it with tautology... and BTW before I looked up larceny, I assumed it was a some sort of arson! If that was the case, then the larceny guy would need oxygen to commit his arson!! BOOYA! :smallconfused:

DeGray
2007-03-23, 07:40 AM
Liquid Titanium elementals would have been amazing: Hot as a fire elemental and as robust as a water elemental. Hmm. But they would tend to -splash- when they hit the walls. Coating the enemy walls in titanium would be sub-optimal.

Wouldn't the outer layer of the titanium elemental oxidize immediately and result with them having an immobile-non-strictly-titanium-elemental oxidized layer?
I know that happens when dealing with molten aluminum, the oxidized 'film' that covers that exposed to air has to be removed continuously... I'm pretty sure they have at least similar properties. :smallconfused: I'm frazzling my own brain now. Why not use a simple elemental? Like... Mercury. That'd splash everywhere, be quite dense and totally - totally - poison all those non-undead paladin foo's. Wait, which side are these elementals suppost to be on? :smalleek:

BisectedBrioche
2007-03-23, 07:43 AM
Mighty arrogant from someone who isn't spelling the word right. :smallbiggrin:
Now excuse me while I secretly retreat to a dictionary to look up that word... I'm confusing it with tautology... and BTW before I looked up larceny, I assumed it was a some sort of arson! If that was the case, then the larceny guy would need oxygen to commit his arson!! BOOYA! :smallconfused:

There's nothing really wrong with not knowing a word. I find even the most verbally articulate people will miss one word that many people consider quite basic.

And just FEI; Oxymoron is derived from the greek words for sharp (oxy) and blunt (moron) and refers to a statement which contradicts itself, such as "stable explosive" or "Microsoft Works"

RedHillian
2007-03-23, 09:23 AM
What about combining an oxygen elemental with a fire elemental?

Or the far more successful, combining them over there...

Jabberwocky
2007-03-23, 10:10 AM
The new divine spellcaster in OotS after Durkon's death could be either Redcloak or Xykon himself. This will work with the Larceny Guy just fine. Xykon gets his gate and Haley ... Haley will steal the state treasure and free her father, a well known murderer who becomes minister of inner affairs (especially police and bureau of happiness).
Oh yeah, and all hail Redcloak, the new despot of Crimson City, of course.