PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Making Items and making summon Monsters

Zellsantal
2014-11-09, 10:23 PM
Tthere have been some spells that would be interesting to turn into magical items and on top of that putting more then one spell into an item. However I'm not sure the the cost would be. I looked into the DMG and still I'm having a hard time understanding how to price them or if such items could be made. So I would like your help to tell me if it can be done and if so how much would they be.

1. A weapon such as a long sword, I would like to have the dice damage that you would get from spell such as shocking grasp pluse weapon damage. I know there is the weapon enhantments such as shocking, flaming and so on but I'm looking more for force damge then a d6 of cold, fire ect. So my question is how can I make a weapon that does 5d6 force damage with weapon damage and how much would it be to add each d6 damage if you understand what I mean?

2. I been told before that spells like mage armor and sheild are already in items but why can't you just do one item with both? Bracers of armor use mage armor however wouldn't it be easyer you just put mage armor on bracers and use the permancy spell and add other spells in the same way? Ya if you play a lot of money you can get up to plus eight but you can get that by adding shield and mage armor together, higher if you use mage armor greater. On top of that barkskin as well, not sure how else to ask this but with the permancy spell wouldn't the item you place the spells on be a enchanted item in a way which dispell and stuff like that wouldn't effect to the point that the spells be taking off the item?

3. There is a bow though I forgot the name of it but its a bow that ables to shot out energy arriows though they only do a 1d6 I believe (if I am wrong then please let me know). I was thinking the effects of that bow to a mighty bow and adding the spells "Guided Shot" and "Dolorous Blows". I would also like to some how add more dice damage like I asked on question 1.

Thats about all I want to know for now for the magical item such, now for the second part I want to know. I read a pathfinder noval which got me wondering, could you make your own summon monster? If so how would I go about making it so that way I don't make a over powerd a low level monster in which the DM would not let me have what so ever. For an example I was thinking ripley's aliens would be good as a summon monster lol. Just not sure how would do the attacks, special abilities ect. Another idea would be a grappler which it's main thing is to grapple and kill things by useing grapple. Things like that, so if any of you guys could help me out with what I'm trying to do I will be very greatful.

(Sorry I rushed it a bit when I first post this, I hope this is a better rewirght then my last one)

Renen
2014-11-09, 10:32 PM
Can you please rewrite with proper english? I think I know what you are trying to ask, but im not 100% sure im quite getting it.

Zellsantal
2014-11-09, 11:23 PM
Can you please rewrite with proper english? I think I know what you are trying to ask, but im not 100% sure im quite getting it.

Is that better?

Zellsantal
2014-11-11, 03:56 AM
I take it no one knows either?:frown:

qwertyu63
2014-11-11, 01:54 PM
The issue here is that there is no hard rule on the price of custom magic items. There are guidelines (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/creatingMagicItems.htm), but they are just a guide. Ask your DM.