PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other super intelligent construct

Lord Talmanes
2014-11-09, 11:42 PM
I'm playing a artificer and am thinking about making a few constructs I'm a warforged and gave up my homunculus for a racial substitution level. Besides dm hand waving how could I make a group of awakened constructs all linked together like a hive mind or a davti. What I want to make are large one medium maybe 3 or 4,small ones or two, tiny and diminutive and fine constructs three. Made like warforged mostly wood and metal except for the large one he's stone I want to make the smaller ones as smart as possible and connected to the bigger ones telling them what to do with the smallest being the smartest and the large one being near mindless. Basically the small and medium sized constructs act as drones for resource acquisition to either catch harvest dig up or buy with the large one acting as muscle and for heavy lifting. The smaller ones acting as the thinkers and crafters of the group
Using my crafting scores or maybe there own that maybe better because that where made to invent and craft on their own. At my tower I'm not sure. I've never made a constuct before like how much would a tiny construct cost I'm hesitant to say golem because I don't think it would be considered a golem any idea to make it more easy.

CptPinkamena
2014-11-10, 05:43 AM
I'm playing a artificer and am thinking about making a few constructs

This? http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/adamant-entertainment/artificer

I'm a warforged

Please link to the build for Warforged you're using.

and gave up my homunculus for a racial substitution level.

Where'd you get that (either the homunculus or the substitution), exactly? (May be answered by a link to a Warforge build).

Besides dm hand waving

I have a sneaking suspicion your DM has already done some of this.

how could I make a group of awakened constructs all linked together like a hive mind or a davti.

I would suggest that they would have to be a Hive Mind at creation and only gain feats as if they were a single creature (perhaps dropping a feat for "Hive Mind (ex)", which [at DM discretion] would prevent them from being flanked unless they were all flanked {see: Formians on PFSRD}).

What I want to make are large one medium maybe 3 or 4,small ones or two, tiny and diminutive and fine constructs three.

Let's clarify this. You want one Large, three or four Medium, one or two Small, and two Tiny/Diminutive?

Made like warforged mostly wood and metal except for the large one he's stone

You can make constructs out of almost any material; as long as you meet the prerequisite crafting costs, feats, and DC's... Don't expect to get a free pass on ANY of those.

I want to make the smaller ones as smart as possible and connected to the bigger ones telling them what to do with the smallest being the smartest and the large one being near mindless.

As an Awakened creature that is a Hive Mind, you're probably going to have the construct subjected to many of the same rules as other NPC's when it comes to intelligence score - and as a Hive Mind, their score would probably be effectively shared. This is more of a topic to your DM as you work together with them to choose construct types and so forth.

Basically the small and medium sized constructs act as drones for resource acquisition to either catch harvest dig up or buy with the large one acting as muscle and for heavy lifting. The smaller ones acting as the thinkers and crafters of the group

I doubt the DM is going to let you increase your crafting capability exponentially by abusing your constructs or allowing each of them to have purely unique stats; mining isn't covered in-depth in Pathfinder that I'm aware of, and I doubt the other players want to sit around and sip lemonade with you while they "grind".

Using my crafting scores or maybe there own that maybe better because that where made to invent and craft on their own.

I doubt their crafting scores are going to be better than yours, as an Awakened (can you even Awaken constructs? I thought that was a spell for animals...) NPC, they're not even going to be under your control. At all. They could decide to cut and run or LITERALLY try to cut (you to pieces) and run. Really, I don't think this is a good idea and I really think you need to talk to your DM. A lot.

At my tower I'm not sure. I've never made a constuct before like how much would a tiny construct cost I'm hesitant to say golem because I don't think it would be considered a golem any idea to make it more easy.

The PFSRD has a constructs page: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/constructs

You need some of the following things.

1: The DM to hand-wave the likely no-skill no-feat status of a construct.
2: The DM to allow you to Awaken the construct. (Hand, wave).
3: Requirements (for a Large stone Golem) Craft Construct, antimagic field, geas/quest, limited wish, symbol of stunning, creator must be caster level 14th; Skill Craft (sculpture) or Craft (stonemasonry) DC 19; Cost 55,000 gp

Did I mention that Iron constructs seem to be more expensive and harder to create?

4: Have your DM hand-wave the expenses and requirements away, have the players get uber-powerful gear to make up for your half a million free GP in construct costs, have the players get more gear to make up for your now-uber excess crafting power, have the players ditch you and continue their adventure... Have all the NPC's out to kill you get super-boosts to make up for your hand-waved excesses...

I have no idea, this seems an incredibly flimsy idea and you have to take it to your DM.

Milo v3
2014-11-10, 06:54 PM
This? http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/adamant-entertainment/artificer

I assume he means the first party Artificer from Eberron, the same setting that his race, warforged, are from.