PDA

View Full Version : Werewolf Classic III

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Douglas
2007-03-28, 04:22 PM
As much as I like the presence of a bandwagon bigger than mine, I think the evidence against Zar Peter is rather shaky. Come on, we have two full days of voting records and part of a third to analyze now, surely we can come up with a better argument for lynching someone than that?

I withhold my vote for now.

Shadow
2007-03-28, 05:27 PM
Shadow, having finished burying Eldritch Knight by this point joins the debate.
"Now I reckon dat dat evnafets feller over dere may indeed have sumptin again. He just may. So may dat dere Jontom boy. So may dat dere Gnomish fella.
Alls'a dem dat they was talkin' 'bout was s'spicious. Not juss s'spicious, but likely.
But I still be findin' it more likely dat the boy wit da accent be yer man.

But I's still gots to say it. You dere. Douglas. It seems a right bit funnt to me dat yesserday you's more'an willin' to follow the zact same kinda reasonin' dat you's agruin' 'gainst today. Don't make no kinda damn sense ta me.
And you two. Them [usermane] and Box'a'juice boys. Bofa yous was a pointin' at Dougie yesserday as well. I done already told'ja dat he's prolly not one'a dem dere wolfs. But'chu ain't lissenin'. Make me wunder 'bout y'all some more.

Here's the probbem wit dat.
Frankly, it be meanin' dat somebody's right. And somebody's wrong. Only one way to be findin' out. That's why I'ma gonna keep my finger on dat boy wit'a accent. Till we get a bit more'da go on, I still say he's our man."

Vespe Ratavo
2007-03-28, 05:48 PM
*douglas pointy*
Vespe comes out of his house, leaving a gag hand up in the window to continue pointing at douglas. He takes a walk around town.

inky13112
2007-03-28, 05:56 PM
hey evnafets, why aren't I included in the Douglas accusers?

Kantur
2007-03-28, 06:41 PM
I should be on the list for pointing at Zar Peter too...

evnafets
2007-03-28, 06:43 PM
errr - because I can't count? I missed a couple of votes. Has been edited above. Thanks for catching it. Any other discrepancies anyone can see?

Miatog
2007-03-28, 06:51 PM
Hmm. I'm starting to have my supicions of Zar Peter. The votes for Douglas were at 5, Zar Peter 6, when Joosbawx comes along and votes for Douglas.

He did a very similar thing last round with very similar timing in terms of how close the two sets of votes were.

Is he trying to save someone? Last time the person he appeared to be trying to save turned out to be a wolf.

Maybe though, they are both villagers and Joosbawx is replicating his behaviour knowing that Zar Peter is a villager and that his behaviour this turn will make his behaviour last turn look like pure coincidence.

In any case, I want to lynch Joosbawx. If we do lynch Zar Peter and he turns out to be a wolf, we definitely ought to lynch Joosbawx next round.

By the same token, if we lynch Joosbawx and he turns out to be a wolf we definitely ought to lynch Zar Peter next round.

[]I agree with this logic, and Zar is looking much more likely to get lynched anyways.[]

Richard listens to Jontom. "So if we kill this Zar guy, we get to kill Joosbawx next? Sounds good to me." Richard moves his finger from douglas to Zar Peter.

[Insert Neat Username Here]
2007-03-28, 07:20 PM
I'm beginning to suspect Zar because of the speed with which he backed my accusation of douglas (4 minutes), leaving no time for him to think about it, and the fact that he gave no reason for his vote, simply starting a random or semi-random bandwagon. Sounds like something a wolf would do.
Points at Zar Peter

Jontom Xire
2007-03-29, 02:32 AM
So when do we get to find out what Zar Peter is?

Blood
2007-03-29, 06:35 AM
So when do we get to find out what Zar Peter is?
Today at 4 PM EST. You know, for someone who analyzes all the posts to find wolves, you sure do miss a lot. :smalltongue:

Joosbawx
2007-03-29, 08:36 AM
In any case, I want to lynch Joosbawx. If we do lynch Zar Peter and he turns out to be a wolf, we definitely ought to lynch Joosbawx next round.

By the same token, if we lynch Joosbawx and he turns out to be a wolf we definitely ought to lynch Zar Peter next round.

Laughing, Joosbawx shakes his head. "So, basically, Jontom, what you're saying is that you'd like to lynch me no matter what happens. Your logic is flawed, and, with all the whining you've been doing don't expect to be let off the hook for it. I have no idea whether Zar Peter is a wolf or not, beyond my own suspicions; however, I do know you are dead wrong about me."

Korith
2007-03-29, 09:38 AM
Jontom and I have been discussing a bit of a strategy for this game, and it's time to unveil it to the public.

For starters, I would ask that the seer scry either Jontom or myself (take your pick) tonight to confirm our authenticity. If the baner is so inclined, it would be helpful if you protect one of us as well.

When you're certain of one of our identitys (and we read as a non-wolf), please contact the one you can trust immediately. Your name will be held from the other until you've had the opportunity to scry him as well. This is a safety precaution.

Once the seer has confirmed that we can be trusted, we will begin assembling a villager network to try and seive out the wolves and coordinate our voting and suspicians. As we lost a good number of masons in the last auto-lynch, the need for such a strategy is higher than normal.

I would not be in the least bit surprised if the wolves attempt to eat one of us the coming night as well - which is why we are attempting to run the strategy with two of us. If I or Jontom should be eaten, we will simply try to continue the strategy with a different partner. The wolves will be kept off the main roles if they come after us, and if they do eat the string of representatives, this will, at the least, buy the seer more time to identify the wolves among us.

So; Seer - please scry myself or Jontom tonight. When you're confident that you can reveal yourself to either one of us, I ask that you would do so. As a precaution for any wolf efforts to duplicate and reverse this strategy, I would ask that if you find either of us to be a wolf that you not report it to the other until you can be certain of their identity as well.

Baner; it's your call. If you think the wolves will bite into our distraction, then please put up your defense on one of us. If you think this is a bluff or diversion, then do as you would normally. I'm not going to try and force your natural suspicians away, as these strategies only tend to backfire when that happens.

Masons: If you have contact with the seer already, I hope to hear from one of you once our identities have been verified by the seer and relayed to you.

A note of caution: Don't assume that the seer we hear from is the seer. There remains a distinct chance that it's the fool, the devil, or even a rep from the wolves to cover for the devil. It is crucial that the seer play along so that we cannot fall for a wolf illusion. If we get too many applicants, then there will be some coordinated test scries to confirm the identities of those who reply.

Joosbawx
2007-03-29, 09:45 AM
Joosbawx laughs even harder. "The best part about the above strategy is how everyone has to trust them while they assume none of the risk. Brilliant! Distract the Baner from protecting the Seer, and then get the Seer to waste a scry on one, or both, of you two. In the meantime, you two pied pipers can lead your merry band of witless followers to destruction with a snicker. Good luck all, it seems you will need it."

Korith
2007-03-29, 10:04 AM
Joosbawx laughs even harder. "The best part about the above strategy is how everyone has to trust them while they assume none of the risk. Brilliant! Distract the Baner from protecting the Seer, and then get the Seer to waste a scry on one, or both, of you two. In the meantime, you two pied pipers can lead your merry band of witless followers to destruction with a snicker. Good luck all, it seems you will need it."

Now that's just flawed...

If we're wolves, and the intent here is sabotage, we've just given the names of two wolves to the town. Granted, I've played wolf strategies before where we'd sacrifice one or two wolves to pick off the seer.

The baner is asked to make their own call.

This is partly to give the wolves a snuff of wolfsbane if they try to axe the strategy from the get-go, and partly to tempt them with something other than the usual primaries to go after. It's a chaos/confusion strategy of my own concoction wielded against the wolves, rather than for them.

So look at it this way...

Scenario 1: I'm a wolf trying to rope in Jontom
Sure. I've been known to take the risky road, and this would certainly carry my sort of behaviour on it. I protect from this by inviting scries onto myself. If I am a wolf, then the seer can choose what to do about it - spread it through their own little network, or go public with the hopes of being protected by the baner.

Scenario 2: Jontom is a wolf and I made a stupid
Possible. Supposing it is this way...I've given the seer a chance to deal with the issue, the village a chance to off a wolf, and the downside risk is minimal.

Scenario 3: Jontom and I are wolves trying to pull the wool over you
Don't discount the possibility. It was the discounting of such possibilities that led to the village's downfall in WWIIT2. If either one of us turn out to be wolves by lynching, you can probably bet that any "seer" we've produced through the network is a hoax as well.

Scenario 4: This is an authentic strategy. If so, then either Joosbawx is being a little more paranoid than I had hoped for, or is trying to axe a strategy that could prove dangerous for the wolves before it can take effect, by way of it's only weakness - the village's ability to opt out of participating.

Well...you be the judge.

Jontom Xire
2007-03-29, 10:52 AM
I've noticed that Joosbawx spends a lot of time deriding others schemes and ideas. This is either because he enjoys insulting people, because he's too dumb to understand them, or because he's a wolf trying to win. I suspect the latter.

I got an infraction rising to such bait, and trying to defend my theories, in a previous game. I don't intend to rise again. I hope, and am sure, that the rest of the village is clever enough to see through Joosbawx's sneers and derision.

This is a team game. The wolves will win if they play as a team and we don't.

Selrahc
2007-03-29, 11:04 AM
*Points at Zar Peters*

And with regards to the above objections I can honestly see no reason that a wolf in a game without an illusionist, would sit out in the open and call for a scry on themselves.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-29, 11:21 AM
(oooh, team games)

*The llamachu finds a group of dodgeballs and drags them out into the Town Square with an excited "CHU!" He then kicks one at JX since he called for team games*

Korith
2007-03-29, 11:46 AM
*Grabs a coconut from a random palm tree*
*Throws the coconut at the Llamachu*

Zar Peter
2007-03-29, 11:48 AM
Is it too late to say: Scry me this night, but pick douglas today?

Douglas
2007-03-29, 11:54 AM
Why do that in preference to scrying me tonight and picking you (or anyone else who gets a bandwagon) today?

Jontom Xire
2007-03-29, 11:56 AM
Umm, you may have more luck saying scry me tonight but pick Joosbawx.

I still don't have any clue why anyone thinks Douglas is a wolf, but Joosbawx voted for the opposite to what we now know is a wolf at a fairly critical moment in the voting.

Thes Hunter
2007-03-29, 12:13 PM
(( There is nothing like a Thesis advisor breathing down your neck and the threat of not getting funding next year to send one TO THE INTERNET! Yay! Procrastination. ))

Thes actually drops into character for a moment:

While holding her finger towards Zar Peter, she has been watching those around her.

"I can see the points that those of you have made that Zar Peter doesn't seem to be acting as suspicious as another in our midst."

*** Thes switches her finger to Joosbawx ***

Joosbawx
2007-03-29, 12:32 PM
I've noticed that Joosbawx spends a lot of time deriding others schemes and ideas. This is either because he enjoys insulting people, because he's too dumb to understand them, or because he's a wolf trying to win. I suspect the latter.

Not 'others', Jontom. Just yours.

Do I really think you're a wolf? Probably not. Do I think that Korith is a wolf? No, probably not, again. Of course, if you actually read my post you'll notice that I did not say you were a wolf, or even that I suspected either of you to be wolves. What is does say is that should the Baner and Seer both follow your plan, it would distract them both from more important targets. Consider the following, since we're making lists now:

Scenario 1 - Jontom and Korith are wolves. I highly doubt this is true. They invite the Seer to scry them, which would take two nights to complete, and perhaps a bit longer to discern if the Seer is the Seer or the Fool. The Baner also wastes protecting someone that isn't a wolf...like, oh lets say, the Seer. Yadda yadda yadda. As I said, I don't think this is true, so I won't waste any more time on it.

Scenario 2 - Jontom/Korith is a wolf trying to fool Korith/Jontom/Village. I find this no more likely than Scenario 1, and basically carries the same faults as the above except that the risk is only slightly less for the wolf in question than in the above.

Scenario 3 - Neither Jontom or Korith is a wolf. This is probably the case. However, the flaws in this reasoning is that they assume the wolves would come after them and invite the Baner to protect one of them instead of...oh, lets say, the Seer. The best thing to do would be for the Seer to continue as they have and scry as they see fit to eliminate unknowns and either add to their network or come up with a wolf that can then be lynched. Call it paranoid or whatever you want, but from at outside point of view, but the only thing that your plan proposes is that those with special roles focus their attention upon the two of you instead of whomever they would have decided to scry/protect on their own, like...oh, lets say, the Seer.

So, there you have it. I don't simply 'enjoy insulting people', I'm not 'too dumb to understand', I'm not 'paranoid', and I'm not a wolf. I simply find the need to create a grand scheme that places yourself on a pedestal and at the center of attention of the game (again) is unnecessary, could distract the players with helpful roles, and a little bit sad.

So instead of using all your time to come up with a 'witty' and passive aggressive reply to this, simply play the game and bide your time until the Seer either exposes you or confirms your innocence. Don't try to derail the game in an attempt to become an unnecessary linchpin.

I'm done.

Alarra
2007-03-29, 01:01 PM
Okay....I'm fine with friendly rivalries, and forming elaborate strategies, and arguing holes in others logic.....However, I think that it might be a good idea if some people step back, look at what they're writing, and remember that this is a GAME...a SILLY messageboard game. Just a reminder to be careful to realize where the line is between challenging a theory and insulting someone, and that each of these games are separate from one another and should be played that way. Now, before anyone starts arguing that they weren't doing that, etc and so forth, (yes...I know what you're about to post...), just don't.

Now...think before you post....and play nice. Thank you and have a lovely day. :smallsmile:

Kyrian
2007-03-29, 01:04 PM
((I think Alarra just pointed at all of us....does she really get that many points?))

Korith
2007-03-29, 01:17 PM
((Mod voice wins. It's an unwritten rule.

...Or was unwritten, I think))

Blood
2007-03-29, 02:34 PM
I counted that Zar Peter has the most votes. Does anyone disagree?

Blood
2007-03-29, 02:48 PM
((Ideas by Zar Peter, written by Supagoof.))

The fingers line up, the pointing choice is obvious. The crowd gathers, and surrounds the lumberjack Zar Peter. They grab hold, and they being pushing him towards the gallows. He digs his feet into the ground. The crowd keeps pushing. Zar Peter falls below the crowd’s hands, clutching his own onto anything to hold against the crowd’s push. The crowd keeps pushing. They are out for blood, and they continue to drag the lumberjack towards the guillotine. It appears the crowd is winning, as the lumberjack is unable to grasp anything solid. Suddenly Zar Peter lets out a long scream. The scream turns into a familiar howl. His skin begins stretching and seems to rip from his muscles. Underneath, the fur appears and his teeth grow. Zar Peter grows three times his size. His fangs dripping with drool, bite into some nearby NPC's and he manages to escape the crowd. He loses them by running through the small streets of the town. He finds a resting spot near a little shed.
*Camera zoom out a little. *
A suspended 12-ton weight falls on him, crushing him dead.
*Camera zoom out a bit more. *
On top of the shed there is sitting a man, holding a mug of beer and a pair of scissors. He speaks: “Don't play the sketch to the end, eh? Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, SAY NO MORE!!!

Summary: Zar Peter was lynched, and he was a Wolf. Day 3 ends. Night 3 begins and will end tomorrow at 4 PM EST.

Castaras
2007-03-29, 02:50 PM
(( YAY! :smallbiggrin: ))

Korith
2007-03-29, 02:50 PM
((Agreed. It seems our wolves are a careless breed so far.))

Alarra
2007-03-29, 02:52 PM
(Oooh, we're doing well this game =D )

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-29, 02:58 PM
*The llamachu oofs as the coconut hits him. He turns back to Korith and kicks it back with a ferocious "CHU"! The coconut crackles with electricity as it flies at him*

He calls to the assembled crowd "Llama! Llama! Llamachu! am! Chu! Llamachu!
We've done well, but let us not rest upon our arses. The villagers in WW V and Classic II part II started out well and ended up as little more than bite sized chunks. We must be ever vigilant. and never cocky.

Douglas
2007-03-29, 03:08 PM
((Three wolves already? It's starting to seem like the seer might be superfluous.))

Zar Peter
2007-03-29, 03:11 PM
The flattened ghost of Zar Peter flows away to the other ghosts of the town.
I have to take a rest now. Two nights without sleep is very hard

((I think I made a bad mistake at the beginning of this day, but my last attempt nearly succeeded, sorry, it was my first role after all.))

Korith
2007-03-29, 03:12 PM
((Three wolves already? It's starting to seem like the seer might be superfluous.))

That's where I disagree.

Wolves are rather darwinian in their removal. The fittest are the ones we must defeat at the end.

Joosbawx
2007-03-29, 03:26 PM
(( does anyone have a list of who's alive for this one yet? Thanks. ))

Castaras
2007-03-29, 03:28 PM
Living:
Alarra
Atreyu The Masked Llama
B-Man
Castaras
Cult_Of_The_Raven
DarkCorax
Douglas
evnafets
Exachix
Gezina
Gnome Barbarian
Helgraf
Ink
Inky13112
Jontom Xire
Joosbawx
Kantur
Korith
Krusk
Kyrian
Lucky
Miatog
Raistlin1040
Raldor
Rumda
Selrahc
Shadow
Thes Hunter
Vespe Ratavo
Zeb the Troll

Shadow
2007-03-29, 04:24 PM
(( does anyone have a list of who's alive for this one yet? Thanks. ))
Along with Cas' great list, the narrarators are doing a good job keeping the initial post updated.

oh....

and....

I KNEW IT!

OK...

Maybe I got a little bit of luck with that one, too...

but still!

Vespe Ratavo
2007-03-29, 04:27 PM
((Woah...nice...3 wolves? That's amazing...))

Tormsskull
2007-03-29, 04:43 PM
The flattened ghost of Zar Peter flows away to the other ghosts of the town.
I have to take a rest now. Two nights without sleep is very hard

The ghost of Father T floats on by. "See, Purple is evil, this categorically proves that the Orange Book is right and those that follow Purple are eeeeeeeevil."

Zeb The Troll
2007-03-29, 05:30 PM
((Hot stuff guys. Given the rocky start, this is shaping up pretty well so far.))

Zeb reviews Zar Peter's arguments of the last few hours.

Folks, it seems like Zar Peter's last stroke was to try to get one more villager out of the way before he was taken to the gallows by offering to be scryed.

That being what it is, Douglas just dropped a notch or two on my suspicion list.

Either that or he was trying to throw another wolf under the wagon before he himself went, but I can't make out why he would do that if he was.

*Nods at Douglas*

No offense, citizen, but I hope you understand that everyone's bein' watched closely of late. And speaking of which, Shadow, who's been uncanny so far, made a good argument for Joosbawx being next. The odd thing about that is that Peter tried to throw Joosbawx under the wagon too. At this point I'm thinking it was a diversionary/delaying tactic.

EDIT: Ooops. Jumping the gun. Sorry.

Zeb points at Joosbawx

Shadow
2007-03-29, 05:31 PM
((Ummm... we can't vote until tomorrow. Say anything that you want, but no pointing will be counted.))

[edit] And credit where credit's due... I was just giving credence to other's suspicions with that.

The Valiant Turtle
2007-03-29, 06:48 PM
The freaky floating turtle zips around spinning in circles and doing what you imagine passes for dancing.

Great buckets of water! Another wolf dead! Allright kiddies, who wants a turtle ride!

The turtle starts giving rides to the poor psychologically scarred children of the village.

(( This is pretty awesome considering the Seer hasn't even had to reveal himself (or herself) yet. We finally have a good shot at a villager win for once! It's certainly time for one! ))

inky13112
2007-03-29, 07:01 PM
Hey have the villagers ever actually won a game?

Alarra
2007-03-29, 07:04 PM
Umm....yeah....I'm sure they have. But then, I never remember the outcomes of games.

Shadow
2007-03-29, 07:05 PM
We should have won both WWcIItII and Mafia.
Not sure exactly how we blew it....?

Eldritch Knight
2007-03-29, 07:06 PM
You know what's funny? It took me this long to notice that I had been killed....

The Valiant Turtle
2007-03-29, 07:24 PM
(( I just checked. The villagers have won Werewolf II and IV. I'm not sure about some of the games like Paranoia and Alien Invasion. I'll update my post in the administrative thread with the ones I checked. ))

Alarra
2007-03-29, 07:31 PM
(Paranoia was won by the secret police)

inky13112
2007-03-29, 07:35 PM
:smalleek: theres a disturbingly low number of villager wins, particularly in more recent games.

Oo maybe we're due for one this game, that would be cool:smallcool:

Miatog
2007-03-29, 08:21 PM
Richard looks around to see if anyone's paying atention. "Well, I wanted someone to burn and I'm going to burn someone!" He touches the dead body of Zar Peter and burns him.

Korith
2007-03-29, 08:34 PM
((*Strokes Ego*
Well, I HAVE been a wolf in several of the past few games where the wolves have won...not to the very end, though))

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-03-29, 10:12 PM
Raven sagely nods her head. Another wolf down. This is looking good for us. she smiles, and skips over to her shop, where there is much rejoicing.

Jontom Xire
2007-03-30, 02:46 AM
I see both Evnafets and Shadow are on their usual form.

Well that as good as proves another wolf.

The scores were Douglas 8, Endeavourl 7 when Joosbawx voted for Douglas last turn.

The scores were 6-6 when Joosbawx voted for Douglas rather than Zar Peter this round.

Both Endeavourl and Zar Peter were wolves. Need I say more?

Let's lynch Joosbawx next.

Eagerly awaits dawn - while hoping he survives the night

Actually I bet Joosbawx has the wolves kill me tonight.

Shadow
2007-03-30, 02:49 AM
Yeah, and thanks for getting back to me "back seater"

I'm flying on instinct and analysis alone here.

A little help would be nice!

DarkCorax
2007-03-30, 06:03 AM
Woo! we got a wolf! now to see what I can fgure out from this. Also I don't think there is much danger in Jontom and Korith's plan, because if they are wolves, they've given themselves away to the seer, and the seer will get them lynched, the worst that can happen is the wolves know the Fool...

*Corax flys off back to his house and locks and bolts the door*

Joosbawx
2007-03-30, 08:05 AM
Shaking his head at Jontom, Joosbawx sighs. "Your attention mongering and pathetic attempts at martyrdom wax tiresome and pathetic, Jontom. I am not a wolf; however, I almost...almost...hope that I am killed just so the rest of these citizens can see exactly what kind of fool you are. All your constant nagging and back-biting accomplishes is to distract others from the real threats. Let bygones be bygones and drop your personal crusade...and lets honest, that's exactly what this is...so we can all get on with the game."

Turning to look at the rest of the crowd after the lynching, Joosbawx addresses then directly. "Any attention you give to this man concerning lynching me is only adding fuel to a personal rage he cannot get over. I am no wolf. If you follow this man," Joosbawx gestures to Jontom, "You follow a vendetta that has nothing to do with this situation."

"As for who I think, going back to look at the voting records, I still suspect the following...actually, on second thought, I'm not going to share that information before the morning. You all sleep well. I know I will."

Supagoof
2007-03-30, 08:18 AM
The ghost of Father T floats on by. "See, Purple is evil, this categorically proves that the Orange Book is right and those that follow Purple are eeeeeeeevil."

((The ghost of Supagoofenstein walks up to the ghost of Tormsskull.

Uh, 'scuse me? Not all Purple is evil. Just because I was made by man and not by god does not make me an evil entity. If you prick me, do I not bleed? Does my heart and will to live not match you humans? In the wolves quest for evil, did they not take out what they thought was the biggest threat of good - me - first?

It's that type of colortry that will seperate man instead of unite them. We must be united to defeat these wolves, in life or.... *looks at both of them* ....in the afterlife. :smalltongue: :smalltongue: :smalltongue: ))

Jontom Xire
2007-03-30, 09:26 AM
The scores were Douglas 8, Endeavourl 7 when Joosbawx voted for Douglas last turn.
The scores were 6-6 when Joosbawx voted for Douglas rather than Zar Peter this round.
Both Endeavourl and Zar Peter were wolves.

<sarcasm>My personal vendetta against Joosbawx is sooooo strong that I managed to alter history to produce this evidence against him.</sarcasm>

I didn't choose how you voted, Joosbawx, I just observed it. And it wouldn't matter who it was, if ANYONE had voted as you did, I would be pointing at them.

So take it personally by all means, I don't care, but this is not personal in any way.

Actually when I first observed your voting in the Endeavourl lynching round I groaned to myself. I actually wished it was anyone except you that I would be accusing. Because I knew your defence would consist of personal attacks and accusations of personal attacks.

To sum up, this is not personal, and I wish you would stop trying to make it personal.

In fact it would be nice if we could have a ban on wolves (or anyone) using personal attacks as a form of defence. It's not just Joosbawx that does it. I get it in every game from certain people.

Joosbawx
2007-03-30, 10:02 AM
Joosbawx shakes his head. "You only see what you want to see, Jontom. I am not the only one that voted for Douglas, nor was I the last to vote for him in either of those instances. What you are doing is looking for evidence to support your own assumptive theory. The fact that I voted for the same person two days in a row that was under suspicion for two days in a row somehow counts against me? Is Douglas no longer under suspicion? If so, why not? As far as I know Douglas has not been cleared one way or the other, so I simply voted the way I felt. In fact, at the time that I voted, you hadn't voted for either Douglas or Zar Peter. You were pointing at me." Shaking his head again, Joosbawx waves dismissively and walks away. "I'm done with arguing with you. You only see what you want to see...which is understandable, since you can't see past the end of your own nose. Everything you bring up in conjecture shaded by your own inflated sense of self importance. I'm going on vacation anyway, so stack up your 'evidence' and call in your favors, and blow as hard as you can because I simply do not care to debate this with you anymore. It is boring for everyone else to read (or, at least, it bores me), and only distracts from the actual wolves. I know how this ends, and if you keep it up, it will only end badly for you. That is not a threat, it is fact."

Walking to his home, Joosbawx pauses only long enough to state. "If I survive the night, I cast my vote now against [Insert Neat Username Here]."

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-03-30, 10:02 AM
can we save the heated debate for daytime? some of us are trying to sleep!

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-30, 10:09 AM
(but...but...if we ban personal vendetta's what will happen to Exachix? He'll die without the attention I give him. He's part Mogwai, you know?)

Graklok
2007-03-30, 10:10 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Graklok comes running through the thread screaming.

Jontom Xire
2007-03-30, 10:34 AM
I REALLY don't want to respond to Joosbawx's post, but I was under the impression that we were supposed to:

step back, look at what they're writing, and remember that this is a GAME...a SILLY messageboard game. Just a reminder to be careful to realize where the line is between challenging a theory and insulting someone

Now Joosbawx didn't challenge my theory - which was that he voted at a critical juncture. Instead he responded with lines like:

What you are doing is looking for evidence to support your own assumptive theory

It gets better:

You only see what you want to see...which is understandable, since you can't see past the end of your own nose.

Now that's a plain insult, pure and simple.

It has occurred to me, that since being over-defensive is considered wolfish, while not defending oneself is also considered wolfish, that the only defense that might realistically work is to insult the accuser's theories and make personal attacks to try and deflect attention from the actual theory or the actual accusation.

Whether it works or not - whether Joosbawx is actually doing this as a cunning in game defence or as a series of personal attacks - doesn't matter to me. I got given an infraction for less. Why is Joosbawx allowed to get away with this. If the mods like I am happy to go through this whole therad and summarise this ?fight? between Joosbawx and me into a simple and easy to read document. I'm also happy to add a logical semantic analysis.

And if I lack respect for you, Joosbawx, it is because you never even try to have a logical debate. You never use logical arguments to counter my theories because in fact if you look closely you don't actually counter my theories at ALL. What you do is provide counter arguments to a completely DIFFERENT set of theories - theories that are indeed full of holes.

Now to end this. If I get any more of this from Joosbawx I'm quitting this game. I would have quit it earlier but I didn't want to give him the satisfaction.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-30, 10:38 AM
*points at Graklok* LLAMA! *the llamachu goes chasing after him*

CHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Exachix
2007-03-30, 11:20 AM
((note: I'll be going for about a week tomorrow... please don't kill or auto-lynch me))

Joosbawx
2007-03-30, 12:01 PM
"You're reading it all wrong, Jontom. I did, in fact, respond to your ?logic? by asking the following questions, and, thereby, giving you the opportunity to respond to those questions (which, sadly, you did not):

"...The fact that I voted for the same person two days in a row that was under suspicion for two days in a row somehow counts against me? Is Douglas no longer under suspicion? If so, why not? As far as I know Douglas has not been cleared one way or the other, so I simply voted the way I felt. In fact, at the time that I voted, you hadn't voted for either Douglas or Zar Peter. You were pointing at me..."

"Your entire argument against me can be summed up in two points."

Holding up one finger, Joosbawx begins. "First, I've bashed your theories. Well, the only reply I can give to that is your theory that I am a wolf holds absolutely zero merit. Of course, you can't know this, as I do, for certain since you are neither me or a narrator; however, I have pointed out flaws in your argument, which I will do (again) in my next point, giving you the opportunity to both save face and abandon your erroneous accusation." Uncurling a second finger on the same hand, Joosbawx continues. "I voted at 'critical moments', presumably to sway a bandwagon away from a wolf. At the end of the day, when it came to lynch time, was I pointing to either Zar Peter or Endeavourl? No, I was pointing at douglas, on both days. Douglas, who has been under suspicion on both days in question and has not yet been publicly cleared of suspicion. Looking at my personal voting record across all games that I play, I rarely change my vote once I have pointed. So lets take this one step further, which is where I have a problem. I'm accused of not voting with the crowd, even when the majority is so overwhelming. Cutting against the grain and not-voting with the overwhelming majority doesn't seem like a very good way for a wolf to hide. I'm simply playing the game as I see fit and not falling in line with your, in my opinion, ill-conceived strategies and theories. In my opinion, that is really what is at the heart of the matter and why you insist on continuously coming after me based on circumstantial theories and conjecture...I don't follow your lead, and openly point out when I think your logic is flawed. I call it like I see it and that bothers you...which is why, yet again, we're at this same place with a lengthy string of posts of immense volume peppered throughout the game."

Shaking his head, Joosbawx draws to his conclusion. "I think that your suggestion of having the Seer and Baner occupied by you and Korith, simply to allow you to get 'in' with those holding special roles, is not worth the risk to the rest of the village, and I stated as much, showing logical and reason behind my arguments. I also know that I am not the only one that believes as such. Now, I have not attacked you personally in this post, only your hair-brained ideas and schemes, to which I have, admittedly, rarely been a subscriber. However, that's my personal opinion. The reason I have no respect for you, Jontom, is because you consistently try to assert yourself and your opinions on everyone else, and then attack them when they don't agree and fall in line."

Shrugging, Joosbawx finishes. "The thing that kills me is that when this game is all said and done, I'm still a villager and you're still whatever you are, and in the meantime all that your bluster has accomplished is to provide a distraction behind which the wolves may continue to hide. You've stated your case, and I've stated mine...repeatedly, on both accounts...not just back off and let people decide and live with it."

Castaras
2007-03-30, 12:13 PM
All arguements I'm hearing seem to be good. I will think on them all and make my decision. I don't know whether to trust any of you, bluntly. Nor am I going to side with either of you at this time.

All I know, is that I find Jontom and Joosbawx suspicious. Korith is pretty low suspicion wise, but the two Js are higher.

Korith
2007-03-30, 12:38 PM
*Yawn* What's all this noise, then? Don't you people ever go to sleep?

(Points out that night has another 2 hours and some to go...)

Castaras
2007-03-30, 12:39 PM
I do. I just sleep at different times to you people.

Castaras smiles, turning to the dawn. Who would be found dead today?

Blood
2007-03-30, 02:53 PM
Howlmoon Village awakens to a rather cloudy day, but the sun persists and casts a beautiful morning light upon the villagers as they stretch and wander out of bed toward the Town Square. Everyone begins branching off throughout the village, looking for clues to find out who was killed tonight.

...Nothing. Just some litter and a ripped up wolfsbane herb. No one is dead.

Summary: The Baner has successfully chosen who he/she wants to protect as the same person that the Wolves decided to kill. Therefore, no one is dead. Night 3 ends. Day 4 begins, and will end Sunday at 4 PM EST.

((How long has it been since this has happened in a Werewolf game, anyway? I haven't ever seen it.))

Zeb The Troll
2007-03-30, 02:59 PM
Holy crap! You mean that works!?

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-30, 03:00 PM
(BOOYA!)

*The llamachu looks around at the various arguments, but ultimately we know what he will do*

Korith
2007-03-30, 03:00 PM
What a relief! There's a fair chance that the wolves just took a gamble they'll regret.

Seer, if you've verified either Jontom or myself, you know what to do.
Baner, I applaud you, whoever you are!
Joosbawx, I accuse you!

Zeb The Troll
2007-03-30, 03:05 PM
Zeb also points at Joosbawx

Castaras
2007-03-30, 03:06 PM
Castaras points at Joosbawx

Exachix
2007-03-30, 03:11 PM
Exachix hmms and smiles. "Well done Baner."

He looks around to see if he can get a point in before going tomorrow.

InaVegt
2007-03-30, 03:19 PM
Gezina points at Castaras

The prophecy clearly points at the colorless skinned and white haired!

Douglas
2007-03-30, 03:27 PM
"I need to get some of that stuff for myself."

Douglas starts trying to piece together the shredded remains of the herb to figure out what it looks like.

DarkCorax
2007-03-30, 03:37 PM
Corax flys down to the center of the village, after a quick head count he realises none has been eaten. "Woo! Go us" *Points at Joosbawx*

Joosbawx
2007-03-30, 04:07 PM
(( Well, since I won't be around to defend myself after this post, good job Baner, keep up the good work. As for the rest of you, should I come back on Monday night/Tuesday morning to find that I'm dead I give you all a little food for thought: remember, wolves eat sheep. ))

http://www.joosbawx.com/sheep-desktop.jpg

Joosbawx continues to point at [Insert Neat Username Here].

(( this post, in no way, should be misread as an admission of guilt of any kind. I am a villager, and will relish the likelihood of coming back on Tuesday and rubbing someone's nose in that fact. ))

Kyrian
2007-03-30, 04:08 PM
((I'll be gone all weekend, until Sunday. Please don't autolynch me))

Vespe Ratavo
2007-03-30, 04:12 PM
*points at Joosbawx*
Because all the cool kids are doing it. :smallwink:

Alarra
2007-03-30, 04:23 PM
*points at Vespe

I don't have a reason. I don't think he's being any more or less suspicious than anyone else. I don't have a spreadsheet made for this game. I'm not looking at voting records. I don't know if Jontom is right. I don't know if Joos is a wolf. I'm inclined to believe he isn't, because he's a smart player, and a smart player wouldn't vote so blatantly two days in a row to save a fellow wolf. But in any case, I don't want to get in the middle of that. So, if anyone has a different, more logical, target....I'm all ears.

And also.....I warned you guys. This argument is over now. I mean it.

Gnome Barbarian
2007-03-30, 04:42 PM
Van Helsing sees the wolfsbane and breathes easily.

"Well it seems to me that we have someone in the village who knows how to do his job. I am unsure of the guilty party but it does seem to me that Joosbawx is ifghting hard not to be lynched which can be looked at in two lights. 1 he is a wolf and trying to overly confess his innocence. or 2 he is a villager and on the chance that he may be lynched as a wolf is in a desperate plea for help. I however can't understnad how so many people can think douglas is a wolf and then jump ship to get Joosbawx hung. I for one want to see where Douglas stands."

*Gnome Barbarian points at Douglas

((I personally think that Joosbawx is pulling an "Eldritch knight". No offense EK but during the last WW Classic you pointed out heavly that you were being voted on because of the incident we do not speak of anymore. Then you turned out to be a wolf. Joosbawx is now pointing out a supposed vandeta agasint him as why so many votes are going to be swayed to lynch him. It seems to me that they are the same tactics. I however will not vote for someone who is going to be gone for the weekend and not be able to defend himself. Because it stinks not being able to defend youerself...like what happened to me in the game of Empire.))

2007-03-30, 05:07 PM
While Joosbawx is wrong about me being a wolf, there was some evidence, and I really don't think he's a wolf. Now, who to point at . . . douglas or vespe . . . the coin says to point at douglas. Sorry if I'm wrong, douglas.
EDIT: Oh, right. Points at douglas.

evnafets
2007-03-30, 05:21 PM
Two things I will point out.
1 - Mr Baner, contact the person who you protected last night. You can be fairly certain that they are not a wolf. (Obvious I know, but hey)

I can recall two cases of the baner's protection working in the past. One back in WW2 and another just recently in WWVI-paladins.

2 - For gods sake leave Douglas alone! Twice its been that he has been second in a close vote where we lynch a wolf. Given a choice, wolves would not normally not vote for a wolf. If the vote is close, they will vote for the villager. That pushes douglas WAY down on my suspicion list right now, since I think it is the wolves who are driving his votes up.

Miatog
2007-03-30, 05:43 PM
"So, if Jontom is right, then joosbawx is a wolf. Meh, a death is a death."

Richard points a flaming finger at joosbawx.

The Valiant Turtle
2007-03-30, 06:33 PM
An excellent job Mr. (or Mrs.) Baner. Whoever you are.

Well, my gut tells me Joosbawx is not a wolf, but my gut doesn't have any idea who might be a wolf, and his voting pattern is against him. It is possible he is relying on us believing he is too smart to do that as a wolf.

Raldor points a flipper at Joosbawx

(( It's great that the wolves didn't get their kill, but whoever they targeted they know for sure is special. It's still somewhat early in the game, so my guess is they targeted the baner protecting himself, which is the best thing for a baner to do until they know the seer. It's certainly possible the baner and seer are in contact and the baner protected the seer. Either way, it means the wolves are on to somebody, which isn't good. ))

Helgraf
2007-03-31, 12:44 AM
Ah em agreein' wi' Alarra. I want more logic afore I point.

Jontom Xire
2007-03-31, 04:09 AM
Maybe there is so much activity against Douglas because the wolves know he is someone important. Maybe they scried him as the baner and know they can't eat him so they're trying to get him lynched.

Jontom Xire points at Joosbawx

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-31, 10:59 AM
*The llamachu points at Exachix*

Raistlin1040
2007-03-31, 11:47 AM
Spiderman webslings to the town square.
Sorry I had classes. I'm taking Bio-chem. Good class.
Spiderman points at Miatog.
He seems really suspicious. Also, I'm meeting at the league of heroes today and I won't be back until next Saturday.

Rumda
2007-03-31, 12:22 PM
Points at joosbawk

Shadow
2007-03-31, 02:33 PM
((I don't want to get involved in the little war srated here, so I'm just not going to point today.
That and the fact that RL's been killing me. More tomorrow.))

Thes Hunter
2007-03-31, 03:22 PM
Thes walks off her fishing boat, and pulls two pearls from her ears, that she presumably used for ear plugs.

"Dear gods! I thought we would never get any peace and quiet. Looks like me voting for Joosy yesterday landed me in the middle of one fine kettle of fish. As of right now, I have no desire to be in the middle of this arguement. So until I feel someone makes a good point I am not pointing."

evnafets
2007-03-31, 11:16 PM
Yup. Joosbawx seems the obvious one to lynch right now.

evnafets points at Joosbawx

Douglas
2007-04-01, 12:09 AM
Not especially solid evidence, but I haven't seen any better arguments made.

*Douglas points at Joosbawx*

Ink
2007-04-01, 02:40 AM
"I think I'll stick to my guns."

* Ink points at inky

Blood
2007-04-01, 02:35 PM
Joosbawx is led to the gallows. The mob cheers as the executioner ties the noose around his neck, and the only thing he says before the floor is gone is: "I told you so- HURK" The crowd quickly quiets, wondering if Joosbawx is trying to trick them down to the last second. Most want him dead, but were they right? The body just hangs there, everyone staring at it. And it won't ever change.

Summary: Joosbawx was lynched, and he was a Villager. Day 4 ends. Night 4 begins, and will end tomorrow at 4 PM EST.

Helgraf
2007-04-01, 10:14 PM
Well, Jontom, that didn't go at all well.

Jontom Xire
2007-04-02, 02:06 AM
That depends on your point of view. He was the most supicious person - voting at critical moments with votes that would, if they had succeeded, have saved two wolves. His being lynched narrows the list of suspects.

Now the information that he was a villager can be cross-referenced with all other voting patterns. There was an interesting vote last round that I didn't expect to see, but I need to think about it a bit more (and update my spreadsheet) first.

Blood
2007-04-02, 06:13 AM
After being alerted to the rules of WWClassic, I have edited the amount of Wolves/Masons into the OP of this thread.

Also, I haven't received any PM's concerning Nightly actions, and Night ends today at 4 PM EST! Hurry and send it.

Blood
2007-04-02, 03:00 PM
((Did a mass lack of interest just occur?))

Some said it was just a coyote howling in the distance. Maybe it was one of the Werewolves. Or maybe it was the screams of the dying. The dawn comes, bringing another bloody day upon Howlmoon Village. One day of the Baner and his wonderful save - now we're back to killin'.

Immediately, the "body" is found. The blacksmith's forge is found to be covered in blood. There are several broken chairs, and the table is cracked and lopsided. A hammer forged by the blacksmith himself is still warm and covered in partially dried blood. In the still hot forge lie his bones, stripped of flesh and blood, and his skull sitting in the middle like an omen. A couple of organs are seen lying around the room in a casual fashion, covered in pools of blood like decorative ornaments. Everyone knows that the blacksmith was Zeb the Troll - and those bones look a bit big for a human.

Summary: Zeb the Troll was killed, and he was a Villager. Night 4 ends. Day 5 begins, and will end Wednesday at 4 PM EST.

Castaras
2007-04-02, 03:03 PM
Castaras closes her eyes as she wakes up, hearing the roar of the crowd. She shudders, and goes outside. She sees the body, and feels like retching. But she doesn't. Too many deaths.

She sighs and moves back, watching the other voting.

Korith
2007-04-02, 03:04 PM
Well, Jontom, that didn't go at all well.

While I'm inclined to agree...we're still building the trust network.

Besides, the sheep argument has been used almost exclusively by wolves in the past, IIRC. Hopefully the rest of us can keep cool heads so that reason and logic will win the day.

That said;

Noooo! Not Zeb!

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-04-02, 08:18 PM
*The llamachu wails in sadness and frustration* "CHUUUUUUUUUUU! "

*It looks around, trying to see who could have done this.*
(Well, looks like back to voting records and taking a couple of possibilities and tying them together, hoping the logic is right. Anyone else care to join me? I won't even vote for exachix this time. It seems rude as he is out of town and all.)

Helgraf
2007-04-03, 01:04 AM
While I'm inclined to agree...we're still building the trust network.

Besides, the sheep argument has been used almost exclusively by wolves in the past, IIRC. Hopefully the rest of us can keep cool heads so that reason and logic will win the day.

That said;

Noooo! Not Zeb!

Alas, poor Joosbawx.

So, when we rule out the Joosbawx scenario, who else was considered a likely suspect?

Let's look at the last three days. Now, I think Joosbawx was handed a railroad, but putting the data out here should give everyone something to mull over. A strikethrough in the vote tally indicates a changed vote. An italics indicates the final vote the person went with that day. A strikethrough in the person being voted for indicates they're currently among the dearly departed.

Day 1: (Tormskull lynched is villager)
Llamachu (Atreyu): Selrahc, Douglas
B-Man: Lucky, Ink
Castaras: Tormskull, Jontom Xire, Gezina, Supagoof, Gnome Barbarian, Joosbawx, Endeavourl
Gnome Barbarian: Supagoof
Jontom Xire: Joosbawx
Kantur: evnafets, DarkCorax
Korith: Llamachu (Atreyu), EK
Krusk: Thes Hunter
Lucky: B-Man
Purple Gelatenous Cube o Doom: Rumda
Supagoof: Castaras
Thes Hunter: Korith
Tormskull: evnafets, Alarra, Castaras, Kantur, Spiderman (Raistlin), Raldor, EK, , Helgraf, Zar Peter
Vespe Ratavo: Shadow

Day 2: (Endeavourl lynched is wolf)

Llamachu (Atreyu): EK, Kyrian
Castaras: Gezina, Douglas, Zeb the Troll
DLD: DarkCorax, Raldor, Douglas
Douglas: Castaras, Lucky, [I][Insert Neat Username Here], Selrahc, Spiderman (Raistlin), Endeavourl, EK, Raldor, Vespe Ratavo, Inky 13112, Joosbawx
Eloquent Rune: Shadow, Llamachu (Atreyu)
Endeavourl: evnafets, Vespe Ratavo, Richard (Miatog), Gnome Barbarian, Jontom Xire, Douglas, Korith, Raldor, Exachix, Helgraf
Evnafets: Rumda
Goblin Music: [Insert Neat Username Here]
Ink: Douglas
Lucky: B-Man
Spiderman (Raistlin): Kantur
thevorpalbunny: Zar Peter
Vespe Ratavo: Ink
Potatoes Vespe Ratavo

Day 3: Zar Peter lynched is a wolf
Castaras: Gezina
Douglas: [Insert Neat Username Here], Zar Peter, Richard (Miatog), Castaras, inky13112, Helgraf, Joosbawx, Vespe Ratavo, Exachix: Llamachu (Atreyu)
[Insert Neat Username Here]: Joosbawx, Evnafets
Inky13112: Ink, Exachix,
Joosbawx: Jontom Xire, Korith, Raldor, Thes Hunter,
Spiderman (Raistlin): Gnome Barbarian
Zar Peter: Shadow, Alarra, Cult_of_the_Raven, Zeb the Troll, Kantur, Thes Hunter, Castaras, Kyrian, DarkCorax, Richard (Miatog), [Insert Neat Username Here], Selrahc

Day 4: Joosbawx lynched is a villager
Castaras: Gezina
Douglas: Gnome Barbarian, [Insert Neat Username Here],
Exachix: Atreyu
[Insert Neat Username Here]: Joosbawx
Richard (Miatog): Spiderman (Raistlin)
Inky13112: Ink
Joosbawx: Korith, Zeb the Troll, Castaras, DarkCorax, Vespe Ratavo, Richard (Miatog), Raldor, Jontom Xire, Rumda, evnafets, Douglas
Vespe Ratavo: Alarra

No Vote and made a point of it: Helgraf, Shadow, Thes Hunter

Well, let's see. (Name: Day 1 vote, Day 2 vote, Day 3 vote)
Those who voted for Joosbawx on Day 4
Castaras: Supagoof -> Tormskull, Douglas, Zar Peter
DarkCorax: Kantur, DLD, Zar Peter
Douglas: Llamachu (Atreyu), (Castaras, DLD, Ink) -> Endeavourl, No Vote
Evnafets: Tormskull, Endeavourl, [Insert Neat Username Here]
Jontom Xire: Castaras, Endeavourl, Joosbawx
Korith: Thes Hunter, Endeavourl, Joosbawx
Richard (Miatog): No Vote, Endeavourl, Douglas -> Thes Hunter
Raldor: Tormskull, Endeavourl, Joosbawx
Rumda: PGCoD, Evnafets, No vote
Vespe Ratavo: No Vote, Douglas -> Endeavourl, Douglas,
Zeb the Troll: No Vote, Castaras, Zar Peter

Everyone Else who made noise on Day 4 voted as follows on days 1, 2, 3
Alarra: Tormskull, No Vote, Zar Peter
Llamachu (Atreyu): Korith, Elegant Rune, Douglas
Gezina: Castaras, Castaras, Castaras
Gnome Barbarian: Castaras, Endeavourl, Spiderman (Raistlin)
Helgraf: Tormskull, Endeavourl, Douglas
Ink: Vespe Ratavo, Inky13112, Inky13112
[Insert Neat Username Here]: Tormskull, Goblin Music -> Douglas, Douglas
Joosbawx: Castaras -> Jontom Xire, Douglas, [Insert Neat Username Here] -> Douglas
Spiderman (Raistlin): Tormskull, Douglas, No Vote
Shadow: Vespe Ratavo, Eloquent Rune, Zar Peter
Thes Hunter: Krusk, No Vote, Joosbawx

Whew, that's a lot of summary. And I expect there's some players I missed from no vote.

Names that keep popping up in my head :
Castaras - This is more a hunch, but it appears looking at the voting records I'm hardly the only one who'se had it. Also, Zeb the troll pointed on two days - at Zar Peter (a wolf) - and Castaras ... and he is the one the wolves choose to kill. Sure, it could be a coax, but it doesn't look good for Castaras in my book. And it would certainly fit the 'wolf sacrificing someone to make self look good profile.

Douglas - especially after his wild voting schedule on day 2. Last vote for Joosbawx.

Rumda - Has not pointed at a proven wolf yet - and did not vote on Day 3; but creeped onto the Joosbawx bandwagon right near the end

I'm suspicious of Douglas and Rumda ... but my finger must go where I feel the weight of the matter lies.

* Helgraf points at Castaras *

Shadow
2007-04-03, 01:08 AM
((How long did that take to type up?
*Goes to search through his own notes*))

Alarra
2007-04-03, 01:21 AM
(And you wonder how you've somehow recently come to be known as a skillful player? Heh....I don't even have a spreadsheet for this game yet....)

Helgraf
2007-04-03, 01:28 AM
((For the record, it did take me at least the better part of an hour - I kinda lost track of time making it, so I can't give a more precise estimate :sheepish grin:

I know I didn't even get on the computer until around 11:00ish my time. I caught up on my email, then my threads here. THen I started writing. Then I decided I needed to put together some information. Then I started compiling the chart via extensive cut and paste of the votes of the four days here.

I finished whenever the little timestamp says I did.

Edit (Around 2:05 am Eastern time)

Thanks for the compliment - though I fear it may do me more harm than good. :laughs and grins: ))

And no, I didn't really have a spreadsheet for this beforehand. This is all hand-collated data. I probably _should_ crack open Excel and save myself some time in the future.

Shadow
2007-04-03, 02:17 AM
"Hmmm....

I've lissened ta what ya've sayed, and I still be of the mind that Rumda be the more likely. Dat girl Cas always be shiftin' an' changin' her mind. Ain't nutiin' new 'round here.
Dat Rumda, tho. When alls'a this started, he was mor'an ready to string up one'a dem mason types (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2241779&postcount=20) on'a very first day.
Den he wuz awful quick to dis'prove of dat evna'fella (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2259774&postcount=130) when he's rite after a wolf.
Den he dinnit vote for da wolf we got da next day.
Den, as you sayed, he jumped right in dere 'gainst dat Box'a'juice boy (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2295243&postcount=344) in da end when the gettin' was good.
An' all'a this with hardly a word to speak of.
I'm of da mind tat he *(points at Rumda)* be more likely den that there Cassie girl.

Zeb The Troll
2007-04-03, 02:37 AM
Zeb's large ghost looks over the remains of his last moments...

Ow. OW! What the...? Oh no. They got me. Looks like I put up a good fight though.

((Aww, man! I was having fun with this too. Whoever wrote up my death scene, thanks! It was cool. This was my first WW game and it was as fun as I thought it'd be so you'll be seeing me around in more of them.))

*Wanders off to sign up for another game while chanting Vill-a-gers! Vill-a-gers!*

Castaras
2007-04-03, 02:41 AM
I am inclined to agree with Shadow and Helgraf's theories.

She sighs.

Helgraf, you wrote such an amazing speech for that. And then you point at me, who is top on your suspect list.

I will stand back and watch the proceedings. But for the moment, I offer myself up to you all. I am secure in my villagerdom, and if I am lynched, at least I will know it is due to my part in the votes.

Jontom Xire
2007-04-03, 04:44 AM
I prefer to vote somewhere I have concrete evidence, and I have none against Castaras at all. Nevertheless I have been feeling suspicious of her throughout this game. There is absolutely nothing to base this feeling on - it is pure hunch, pure instinct.

My only other alternative is Rumda on whom I do have concrete evidence.

Hmm - not sure what to pick.

On other subjects, please could the seer and fool be a bit more active in guiding us. Korith and I have both offered ourselves as potential outlets for insights. Obviously the Baner knows something - or maybe as I suggested before, the wolves know who the baner is which is how the baner protected the proposed victim two nights ago (himself).

===EDIT===

On that last topic. If the baner was protecting himself/herself and the wolves attacked him/her, then the wolves now know who the baner is even if they didn't before. If he came forward then he would be no more at risk than before.

Zeb The Troll
2007-04-03, 05:12 AM
*Zeb looks around for the ghost of Zar Peter so he can scold him some more for being part of this nastiness.*

Ink
2007-04-03, 06:07 AM
"If the wolves indeed be knowin' who the baner is, what say Mr. Baner come forward and reveal himself, and have the seer scry on him. After the seer is certain of the baner's identity the seer can contact him, and afterward the baner can act as proxy for the seer."

Alarra
2007-04-03, 06:25 AM
And let the wolves be certain that it was the baner they attacked? That seems like an unnecessarily risky idea. I mean, right now, the wolves don't know if they attacked the baner or if the baner was protecting someone. I'd prefer to leave the wolves unsure.

Ink
2007-04-03, 06:56 AM
"One scry from the Devil is all that is needed to cure the wolves of that uncertainty. The Baner knows who he protected, all I'm suggesting is that if the Baner thinks that the wolves might know who he is, he should come out now, and the Seer can remain faceless forever. So instead of a Baner protecting an open Seer, we have the Baner acting as a mouthpiece for the Seer."

Joosbawx
2007-04-03, 09:01 AM
Joosbawx' ethereal form floats upward and way, pausing only to waive a pixelated blurred hand back toward the ground. "Good luck all."

Korith
2007-04-03, 09:16 AM
"One scry from the Devil is all that is needed to cure the wolves of that uncertainty. The Baner knows who he protected, all I'm suggesting is that if the Baner thinks that the wolves might know who he is, he should come out now, and the Seer can remain faceless forever. So instead of a Baner protecting an open Seer, we have the Baner acting as a mouthpiece for the Seer."

The problem with this plan is that if the baner is, in fact, unknown to the seer and known to the wolves, it gives the wolves an opening.

One wolf claims to be the baner (they would prefer that it be one wolf the votes would soon turn towards).

The seer spends a turn scrying the wolf, and in turn reveals themselves if they are to expose the wolf to the public.

The baner protects the now-revealed seer.

The wolves eat the baner.

The wolves eat the seer.

For one wolf, they could potentially rid us of both the seer and the baner.

Conversely, the real baner should not speak up simply for virtue of the fact that the wolves may be able to craft a bandwagon against them using the reasoning above.

So, baner, stay hidden. There is never a good reason to reveal yourself, short of being extremely close to a lynching.

Jontom Xire
2007-04-03, 09:57 AM
I don't fully understand all that. Why would the seer have to reveal themself? They could contact just the baner. The baner then has two possibilities. He is likely to have two anyway because there is still a fool out there somewhere. He then gets all possible seers to prove they are the seer by identifying a unique role in the game.

The only potential problem I can see is as following:

A wolf pretends to be the baner while the real baner stays hidden.
The wolf claims the seer has contacted them and points at the real baner as a wolf.
Everyone jumps on the bandwagon and lynches the baner.

However this will only work if the real baner doesn't also step forward. At which point we then have one wolf and one baner. By lynching someone else that one of them points at we can then determine which one is the wolf. The wolves would have to sacrifice a wolf to gain credibility.

All I was saying was that IF the wolves know the baner, why shouldn't the villagers?

One thing I am worried about is us villagers lynching the baner. Twice now Douglas was almost lynched except a wolf got lynched instead. And STILL people call for him to be lynched. Even after Evnafets made the very good point that:

2 - For gods sake leave Douglas alone! Twice its been that he has been second in a close vote where we lynch a wolf. Given a choice, wolves would not normally not vote for a wolf. If the vote is close, they will vote for the villager. That pushes douglas WAY down on my suspicion list right now, since I think it is the wolves who are driving his votes up.

I don't think Douglas is the baner, but if he were it would all make sense. The wolves know that until the baner finds the seer he's going to protect himself. So they can't eat him. So they try and get him lynched. Hence two big bandwagons against him. The one time they tried to eat the baner was the round when Korith and I came forward to suggest the seer scry one of us to set up a trust network, and it was suggested (on the assumption that the baner was still unknown to the wolves) that the baner might like to protect one of us.

It's also possible that the baner did protect one of us.
It's also possible the wolves tried to eat the baner as a random choice.

Castaras
2007-04-03, 10:01 AM
I see both of your points. But for the moment, seeing as the votes are currently pointing at me, I'm going to stand back and watch the proceedings. I have a feeling that someone who's being active is a wolf. I am not certain, but Helgraf, Douglas - you are currently the most suspicious on my list.

I will not vote for anyone at the moment, but I will carry on pointing at myself, as I do not wish to be auto-lynched.

Alarra
2007-04-03, 10:34 AM
I don't think that there is ever just cause for the baner to reveal themselves. I mean, okay...if you're about to be lynched and have to sway them off of you, yes. But other than that....no. The baner's most important task is to protect the seer. If he comes out then he either dies or has to protect himself instead of the seer. Even if he uses himself as a proxy for the seer, eventually the wolves will find the seer and eat them. I mean, unless the devil is dead, and even then, they've still a chance.

Even if him coming out would make it more likely for him and the seer to get together....what good would it do? Any person could then contact the baner claiming to be the seer, and he wouldn't be able to protect them anyway without getting eaten himself.

And besides...how do we know the wolves even targeted the baner? Maybe they targeted the seer and the baner is already protecting him...

The Valiant Turtle
2007-04-03, 12:01 PM
As much as I'd like to know who the Baner is, it is probably best that they keep quiet. If they haven't made confirmed contact with the seer or the masons by now it might make sense for them to reveal themselves to prevent an indadvertent lynch. But my guess is that they are in contact. It's even possible they were protecting the seer the other night.

The wolves may not know if it was the Seer or the Baner that they targetted. Don't give them more information.

Since we haven't had any claims brought forth that the seer has found a wolf yet, I'm guessing that the cleared list is growing nicely (either that or we have a lazy seer who isn't scrying), which is good considering how many masons were lost in the great auto-lynching. Chances are they could probably stop an inadvertant baner or seer lynching without having to reveal what they are doing.

Oh dear, it's time to point again already. Hmmm, the evidence against Rumda is plausible, but I'm going to wait for a defense.

Shadow
2007-04-03, 12:11 PM
I agree with everyone here that it's a really bad idea to reveal the Baner.
I mean, while we're at it, why don't we just all openly state our roles here and make the game that much easier for the wolves.

Baner, stay hidden!

JX, bad boy! You're really starting to worry me, dude.

Gnome Barbarian
2007-04-03, 12:16 PM
"Im openly state my role as a Villager. That wasn't such a bad idea Shadow. Now everyone can trust me cuz I wont kill them in there sleep. I however belive raistlin to be a wolf."

*Gnome Barbarian points at Raistlin

Shadow
2007-04-03, 12:19 PM
That was a joke.
It is a bad idea.
All you're going to do is shorten the list of targets te wolves have to scry and kill and in the long run they'll make out like bandits because of it.

Please don't do that again. It'll be detrimental to the rest of us.
Anything you'd like to say, find someone to PM and say it that way, please.

Thes Hunter
2007-04-03, 05:08 PM
(( semi-random point just before I jet off to Michigan for an interview. ))

*** Thes points at Gnome Barbarian *** because she doesn't believe he is that silly to actually proclaim his role, and well, have it be believed, so she thinks there has to be some trick there.

Helgraf
2007-04-03, 09:58 PM
Revealing the Baner is a good idea about the same percent of the time as the impurity level in Ivory soap [which, for the record, stands at 0.56% - yes, just over one half of one percent].

I've put forth the summary of all the village votes thus far. I still suspect Castaras.

I'm willing to accept that the wolves may have been trying to push Douglas under a truck on the assumption their devil got lucky and saw he was the baner. But the only way to know for sure involves exposing both the baner and the seer and hoping the wolves don't infiltrate. Too much risk, too little reward.

Rumda is also on my suspicions list, for pretty much the same reasons Shadow enunciated - in fact, at this point he (Rumda) ranks as my second least trusted.

[Insert Neat Username Here] was also a part of both Douglas bandwagons, though he jumped ship on the second one to join the Zar Peter squash - and was the second to last person to vote for ZP. It's possible he decided to deflect attention from his voting record by switching to the other bandwagon. His patterns concern me.

Nobody else - yet - is setting off warning pings in my brain. But we'll see how things work out after Day 5.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-04-03, 10:10 PM
(I have yet to really focus on this game because I'm trying to save my bacon in VI. )

(Traditionally whenever someone calls for a person to reveal themselves, its a wolf doing it. That makes JX suspicious, but it seems like the poor lad for all his playing has never been a wolf before, so if he is, I'll let him enjoy it before hurling around accusations.

Shadow makes sense, he also have a funny accent. *points at Rumda*)

*The llamachu glares accusingly at Rumda wondering if he was one of the forms that slew his trainer those days ago.

Jontom Xire
2007-04-04, 01:53 AM
I actually didn't call for the baner to reveal themselves - I just stated that if the wolves knew who the baner was then there was no harm in stepping forward. However I also suggested alternative possibilities where the wolves wouldn't know who the baner was (and hence he shouldn't step forward). I'm sure the wolves know the role of the person they attacked. Let's face it, if you were a wolf and you attacked someone and got stopped by the baner then, assuming you didn't already know their role, wouldn't you get the Devil to scry them the next night so you could be sure? So the baner can make the safe assumption that the role of whoever he was protecting that night is known to the wolves.

The person who did call for the baner to step forward - in a way that triggered even my suspicions - was Ink.

Helgraf, what is Ivory soap? Have you been killing elephants?

Anyway, I've had my suspicions of Rumda for a while now.

Jontom points at Rumda

Alarra
2007-04-04, 02:01 AM
Now now Jontom....no need to yell, we can all hear you just fine.

Hmm....I can maybe see Rumda, but I'm going to hold off voting a bit, cause I really don't know where you are getting these ideas from.

Zeb The Troll
2007-04-04, 02:19 AM
Helgraf, what is Ivory soap? Have you been killing elephants?Zeb's ghost overhears a question that tumbles his memories back to the days of yore.

((Ivory (http://www.ivory.com/) is just a brand name in the US whose claim to fame is that it is "ninety-nine and fourty-four one hundredths percent pure soap". That was a commercial from the early 70's (which in turn inspired a Ronnie Milsap song titled 99 And 44/100ths Percent Pure Love in 1974, incidentally).))

Ink
2007-04-04, 05:17 AM
"Way to push it onto me for something you suggested, Jontom. I never called for the Baner to reveal himself blindly."

"If the wolves indeed be knowin' who the baner is, what say Mr. Baner come forward and reveal himself, and have the seer scry on him. After the seer is certain of the baner's identity the seer can contact him, and afterward the baner can act as proxy for the seer."

"All I said was that if the wolves already know who the Baner is, he might as well come out and reveal himself to the villagers - which is exactly what you yourself screamed to the heavens earlier. If the wolves know the Baner, and I think it is very likely they do, there is no way the Seer can come out now. So fine, how about this: Baner stays hidden, but after Seer finds Baner, Baner comes out and acts as proxy for Seer, because Baner can no longer protect an open Seer if his identity is known to the wolves. Unless, against all odds, Baner has already found and protected Seer, in which case all is well."

Kyrian
2007-04-04, 05:35 AM
Kyrian points at Cult of the Raven.

Sorry, it's only for auto-lynching purposes. My logic is coming up blank right now.

Ink
2007-04-04, 05:39 AM
"Oh ya, forgot I needed to vote too."

* Ink points at inky

Jontom Xire
2007-04-04, 05:41 AM
"Way to push it onto me for something you suggested, Jontom. I never called for the Baner to reveal himself blindly."

I never said you said he should do it blindly. And I agree that what you said is almost exactly what I said. The difference is, however, slight indeed and very subtle:

I suggested that there was no reason for the baner not to step forward.

... If he came forward then he would be no more at risk than before.

You suggested that he should step forward.

If the wolves indeed be knowin' who the baner is, what say Mr. Baner come forward and reveal himself ...

The Valiant Turtle
2007-04-04, 11:56 AM
The turtle declares:

I think you are both suspiscious (Ink and JX), but Rumda's voting record is more against her.

Raldor points at Rumda

DarkCorax
2007-04-04, 12:26 PM
Gah! I'm sure we would have been able to figure something out by now, but to avoid auto-lynch *points at Rumda*

Alarra
2007-04-04, 05:28 PM
Since I'm not sure if I need to post or not to avoid autolynching, I'll do so in case.

*points at Rumda

Goblin Music
2007-04-04, 05:40 PM
Ehem so far the votes are
Castaras: 2
Rumda: 7
Rastlin, Gnome Barbarian, Raven, and Inky: 1
if this is wrong pleas tell me

2007-04-04, 05:48 PM
Not enough time to pay attention.

Points at Rumda

Goblin Music
2007-04-04, 05:53 PM
Rumda if you want to do a death seen for your self PM it to me if not i will post one shortly

Douglas
2007-04-04, 06:13 PM
To protect against auto-lynch Douglas points at Rumda

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-04-04, 06:15 PM
too many people voting at rumda simply to avoid an auto-lynch. I will not contribute to an apathy lynch

*points at self*

Douglas
2007-04-04, 06:19 PM
I'd go back and read through the arguments to make a reasoned choice, but all we're waiting on now is for Goblin Music to post and I doubt enough votes could be changed in time to make a difference.

Goblin Music
2007-04-04, 06:23 PM
Rumda slowly walks up to the gallows. He doesn't protest his innocnce very much, just goes up the steps in silence. The hangman slips the noose around his neck and asks: "Any last words?" Rumda replies cryptically, "Poppycock!" the executioner shrugs, and kicks the stool out from underneath rumda. Rumda falls. The whole crowd watches. nothing happens. Angered, the crowd cries for more blood. They grab a few from theirt midst and bring them forward. The unlucky four are B-man, Inky13112, Lucky, and Selrahc. The NPCs cry for blood. As the stools are ripped out from underneath them, they fall. The crowd is sated as one grows fur in an anticlimactic way.

Summary:
Rumda, a villager, was lynched.
B-man, Lucky, and Selrahc, villagers, were auto-lynched.
Inky13112, a wolf, was auto-lynched.

Night falls. It breaks a hip and spends a week in the hospital.
The ambulance will arrive to pick it up at 4 pm EST on Thursday

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-04-04, 06:54 PM
I told goblin music, but I'm letting you all know, I'm having computer issues, and I'll be unavailable for about a week. don't eat, lynch, or auto-lynch me during that time please.

Ink
2007-04-04, 10:03 PM
"Hah, I knew that inky squirrel had wolf blood somewhere in there. But three villagers dead for no reason at all? This town is going to autolynch itself into the pits."

Helgraf
2007-04-04, 10:41 PM
Mrmm. So Rumda was clean after all. Bleh.

Analysis of Day 5 pending survival of nighttime.

Jontom Xire
2007-04-05, 02:23 AM
24 left alive of which 5 are wolves. Not oo bad, but not so good either. And all key roles are still alive which is getting to be quite rare. The number of games recently in which we've lynched the devil in the first 3 or 4 days is amazing.

Joosbawx
2007-04-05, 07:19 AM
The Ghost of Joosbawx Past pokes his head out of the clouds and sniggers. "Two erroneous bandwagons in a row...ouch."

Helgraf
2007-04-05, 12:12 PM
Hey, you, get back in that cloud!

((And I'll point out as an aside I didn't vote for either of 'em.))

Blood
2007-04-05, 02:31 PM
I'm sorry I missed yesterday and that Goblin Music couldn't get on for a couple of hours; I'm still not really online for very long right now. Hoping to get back on more often soon. Until then, Goblin Music will hopefully be able to continue updating (I believe we need updating in just 20 minutes or so). Thanks to our co-narrator for filling in!

Goblin Music
2007-04-05, 08:06 PM
((Sorry for the lateness and i am not going to delay any longer))
Helgraf a villager was killed
Day begins and hopefully will end Saturday, 4 PM

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-04-05, 10:33 PM
*the llamachu bleats and looks around for advice on who to point to*

The Valiant Turtle
2007-04-05, 10:37 PM
((It's an imposter llama! We all know the llama always points at exachix!))

Alarra
2007-04-05, 11:55 PM
Alarra steps forward.....Alright...let's get this party started.

I have been in contact with the seer, he sent me the results of his scry for last night. Now, since I have no idea when, or if, he'll be coming online, I thought that I should share the results with all of you. That way we aren't wasting any valuable time that we could have spent pointing at a wolf.

*Alarra points at Shadow.....a verified wolf

Helgraf
2007-04-06, 12:19 AM
Man ... guess I hit the wrong button. Ow.

:pulls himself out of what's left of his corpse:

So, hello? I know we've got some dead people that weren't autolynched.
Who'se got the tequila, cause I could use some painkillers...

Zeb The Troll
2007-04-06, 12:23 AM
Man ... guess I hit the wrong button. Ow.

:pulls himself out of what's left of his corpse:

So, hello? I know we've got some dead people that weren't autolynched.
Who'se got the tequila, cause I could use some painkillers...

Over here, man. Unfortunately, it's Dos Dedos. It's all I could find.

*Pours Helgraf a shot and offers to the other former villagers hangin' about*

It's rough, but you get used to it. Sorta.

Helgraf
2007-04-06, 12:27 AM
Yeah ... I got time and space all twisted. I just got killed on a cruise ship at the same time as the wolves here tore me apart. This simu-death thing is rough on the old immaterium.

*takes the shot, tosses it back, motions for another*

"Looks like I've got nothing to do but haunt villages until the aliens get reorganized or the banditos get underway. How's things in your multilife?"

Douglas
2007-04-06, 12:46 AM
Hmm, it's possible Alarra's announcement is a trick by the wolves or that her information is from the fool, but I'll go along with it for now.

*Douglas points at Shadow*

Zeb The Troll
2007-04-06, 01:00 AM
Yeah ... I got time and space all twisted. I just got killed on a cruise ship at the same time as the wolves here tore me apart. This simu-death thing is rough on the old immaterium.

*takes the shot, tosses it back, motions for another*

"Looks like I've got nothing to do but haunt villages until the aliens get reorganized or the banditos get underway. How's things in your multilife?"*Refills the shot and fills one for himself.*

Well, this was my trial run for multilinearity, which is a pretty big word for a Troll. And it happened to coincide with the realigning of the 'making of new worlds' paradigm. So right now I'm warming up to be a Don, like that Brando guy, and I think I may have entered my name in the 'Who Wants To Be A Cowboy?' contest too. Luckily, preparation for both is the same.

*Downs his to-kill-ya, pours another, topping off Helgraf's at the same time.*

Castaras
2007-04-06, 02:09 AM
Hmm, it's possible Alarra's announcement is a trick by the wolves or that her information is from the fool, but I'll go along with it for now.

*Douglas points at Shadow*

Very true. Let's see what happens.

*Castaras points at Shadow.

Jontom Xire
2007-04-06, 04:54 AM
I may have to go into work later to look at my notes. Didn't Shadow point a us at a wolf?

I want to hear from others before I'll vote so quickly.

Alarra
2007-04-06, 05:05 AM
Yes, Shadow did point us at a wolf. We believe that was a strategic ploy on the part of the wolves to allow him to infiltrate a group that had contact with the seer. And it worked pretty well. He was in contact with us.

Ink
2007-04-06, 05:33 AM
"Very well. If this truly be the Seer's word I'll not argue with it. At any rate I have no ideas of my own since my long standing suspect was killed yesterday."

* Ink points at Shadow

evnafets
2007-04-06, 06:16 AM
evnafets points at Shadow

Thes Hunter
2007-04-06, 06:27 AM
(( Yay! The seer has found us a wolf! ))

** Thes points at Shadow **

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-04-06, 06:44 AM
CHU!! LLAMACHU! CHU! CHU! LLAMA!

*The pokemon number 532 points at Shadow and wags his lightning tail happily, while snarling at the beast in man's clothing*

Gnome Barbarian
2007-04-06, 07:36 AM
Van Helsing poitnslooks around.. not sure what to do the n gets a determined look on his face.

*Gnome Barbarian points at Shadow

Kyrian
2007-04-06, 07:43 AM
Death to the wolves!

Kyrian points at Shadow.

((Also, won't be on until Sunday afternoon (I believe).))

Korith
2007-04-06, 09:52 AM
Here's hoping this is authentic..

* Points at Shadow

The Valiant Turtle
2007-04-06, 12:01 PM
((Yippee, go Seer))

Raldor points at his shadow, then realizes they mean the guy named Shadow and points at him. ((So that might be a slight Pirates II crossover))

Shadow
2007-04-06, 12:39 PM
((finally, I got on! If only for a moment...))

I'm not going to argue with the Seer two games in a row.
What's it called? Pulling a Bookman?
Shadow points at himself

DarkCorax
2007-04-06, 12:41 PM
Hmmm... I am suspicious of this... I *suspect* something is up, but I wouldn't sacrifice Alarra if I was the wolves, and Shadow can't say anything in his defence. But ah well, I have no evidence what so ever... *Points at Shadow*

ok, I'm more confident now about Shadow, He's not a role, otherwise he would have said something...

Exachix
2007-04-06, 02:13 PM
Exachix looks worriedly at the Llamachu and Points to Shadow

Captain van der Decken
2007-04-06, 02:23 PM
((After see-ing someone mention this in (I think) another Werewolf, I just had to check the thread. And crap. I was in this? I couldn't even remember signing up.

Anyway, I'm sorry.))

Gnome Barbarian
2007-04-06, 02:31 PM
((Its only pulling a bookman if you are the seer and come out hoping for the protection of the baner. Other people have had people talk on their behalf.))

Alarra
2007-04-06, 02:59 PM
((Yeah...that'd be called pulling a Death =P ))

Helgraf
2007-04-07, 12:52 AM
*Refills the shot and fills one for himself.*

Well, this was my trial run for multilinearity, which is a pretty big word for a Troll. And it happened to coincide with the realigning of the 'making of new worlds' paradigm. So right now I'm warming up to be a Don, like that Brando guy, and I think I may have entered my name in the 'Who Wants To Be A Cowboy?' contest too. Luckily, preparation for both is the same.

*Downs his to-kill-ya, pours another, topping off Helgraf's at the same time.*

Helgraf savours this shot more slowly. "Seems like you've kept busy. Figure it can't be too much longer before we have some more company around here."

Jontom Xire
2007-04-07, 09:30 AM
Since even Shadow seems to think it's a fair cop, what can I do.

Mind you, the wolves did have nine of them - they could afford to spend one or two.

Jontom points at Shadow

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-04-07, 10:02 AM
((okay, I think I have my computer problems fixed. you can take me off the do-not autolynch lyst))
are you guys sure about all this? he pointed us to a wolf. the cheese salesman shrugs. meh. I'll go with the flow and hope the seer is right.
*points at shadow*

Castaras
2007-04-07, 10:09 AM
Castaras is about to raise her finger when she realises she's already pointing at him.

Raistlin1040
2007-04-07, 06:38 PM
Spiderman points at Shadow

Kantur
2007-04-07, 07:10 PM
*Kantur points at Shadow

Goblin Music
2007-04-08, 09:02 AM
Shadow, a Wolf, was lynched
Night Falls and will end Monday 4 PM

Castaras
2007-04-08, 09:07 AM
(( Wewt!

* Boogies *

Hooray for the seer! ))

Alarra
2007-04-08, 09:14 AM
Alarra cheers happily, before nervously realizing that she's unlikely to live much longer, and slipping away to sleep.

Exachix
2007-04-08, 09:26 AM
Exachix smiles faintly and heads to bed.

Gnome Barbarian
2007-04-08, 12:14 PM
Nice we got ourselves a wolf. Sorry it had to be Shadow considering we outed him so quickly as Smee in Pirates II.

Blood
2007-04-08, 09:31 PM
I have a really bad connection where I am. Thanks again to Goblin Music for doing his best; I know it's not always on time, and he's welcome to change the schedule a bit if he needs to. I won't be back to updating probably for another week. Sorry.

Goblin Music
2007-04-09, 03:42 PM
you all wake up to a wonderful day full of sun, bird somg, and a table full of fruit. you all eat merrily humming, dancing, and rejoicing
Summery no one was killed
day begins and will end Wednesday around 4

evnafets
2007-04-09, 03:55 PM
Has the baner done his work again?
Maybe we have rid the town of wolves?
Or are they just having a break for easter? Eat chocolate eggs instead of humans?

Who can understand the mind of a wolf?

Alarra
2007-04-09, 04:27 PM
Alarra steps forward, "Well, it would certainly be nice to think that we've rid the town of wolves. However that simply isn't true. It is awful nice of them not to eat one of us though."
Alarra smiles brightly. "Almost makes one not want to hang one of them today.......almost."

"And we do have another one to hang....fortune has shone upon us this night and delivered the identity of the foul wolves' devil."

*Alarra points at Thes Hunter

Ink
2007-04-09, 04:37 PM
* Ink stops river dancing just long enough to point at Thes Hunter

Supagoof
2007-04-09, 04:49 PM
So right now I'm warming up to be a Don, like that Brando guy, and I think I may have entered my name in the 'Who Wants To Be A Cowboy?' contest too.
((If I had space I would so sig that.))

Kantur
2007-04-09, 05:41 PM
"Praise you Alarra."

*Kantur points at Thes Hunter

evnafets
2007-04-09, 05:54 PM
Meh. Another "follow the seer" day.
While I don't mind lynching wolves - particularly the devil, days like this are useless for voting analysis. Whos going to argue with a vision from the seer?

evnafets points at Thes Hunter

2007-04-09, 06:29 PM
Argh! too busy to post often, but have to stay alive . . .
Points at thes hunter

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-04-09, 09:15 PM
Meh. Another "follow the seer" day.
While I don't mind lynching wolves - particularly the devil, days like this are useless for voting analysis. Whos going to argue with a vision from the seer?

evnafets points at Thes Hunter

I will. now that he's back. I point at Exachix

The Valiant Turtle
2007-04-09, 09:26 PM
Points at Thes Hunter

Korith
2007-04-09, 09:39 PM
*shrug*

Two wolves? In a row? And following a night where the baner makes a successful block (I can only assume, anyway) It's almost too good; but I'm feeling optimistic.

Points at Thes Hunter

Kyrian
2007-04-09, 09:40 PM
Points at Thes.

Helgraf
2007-04-09, 09:47 PM
* Points at Shadow *

Of course, since both of us are, y'know ... dead ...

Raistlin1040
2007-04-09, 10:04 PM
Spiderman points at Kyrian.

Gnome Barbarian
2007-04-09, 10:52 PM
Van Helsing smiles at the thought of hanging a devil

"Personally I like a devil hanging"

*Gnome Barbarian points at Thes Hunter

Endeavourl
2007-04-09, 10:54 PM
Endeavourl's ghostly wolf form flies through the village and *points at helgraf*

Castaras
2007-04-10, 01:28 AM
Castaras points at Thes.

Jontom Xire
2007-04-10, 02:23 AM
Well I'm feeling a bit useless and hence sheep-like in this game.

Jontom points at Thes

Exachix
2007-04-10, 02:51 AM
Exachix smiles to the Llama.

"And now I'm back..."

He Points at the Llama.

Douglas
2007-04-10, 04:26 AM
*Douglas points at Thes Hunter*

Kyrian
2007-04-10, 06:58 AM
You know, I am curious as to why Raistlin decides to point at me, when the seer has found us the devil.

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-04-10, 08:32 AM
Hmm. good point, Kyrian.
gotta follow the seer, however.
points at Thes Hunter

DarkCorax
2007-04-10, 08:35 AM
Ooh, The devil this time! *points at Thes Hunter*

Goblin Music
2007-04-10, 08:53 AM
Notice: i will be in away from the computer for most of the day so lynching may be late today. (supposing that Blood can get on around the day end time it will not be late)

evnafets
2007-04-10, 03:40 PM
We've got more than 50%. How about we just lynch the devil now and call it a day?

Thes Hunter
2007-04-10, 04:18 PM
"Well, well, well." Thes says with a sneer.

"Some un-named person speaks through Alarra and attempts to smear my sterling reputation, and you follow them like sheep to the slaughter. I really couldn't expect anything else from this town." Thes turns and heads back to her fishing boat.

"I have work to do, the fish don't catch themselves. Least someone round here will be doing something productive for the village instead of standing around all day pointing fingers at their fellows."

evnafets
2007-04-10, 04:39 PM
Stop her before she gets away!

Goblin Music
2007-04-10, 05:11 PM
The flaming scarlet arch of the sun dips rapidly below the horizon, when you and the other impatient townspeople bang on Thes' door.

Even as the first attempt is made, some of the townspeople circle around the boat to make sure Thes does not attempt to slip out of her appointment with the noose. After repeated attempts fail to bring the occupant of the houseboat to the door, someone kicks down to the door. Inside the boat is a spartan dusty room. A threadbare mattress lays on the floor in the corner, and a crude table with one chair sits at the other end of the room. On top of the table rest 3 empty bottles of whisky, scotch and beer.

Outraged and fearful the townsfolk rush back to the middle of town. As if appearing from nowhere a large black wolf with red eyes that smolder like a volcano leaps onto the hangman's platform.

An gravelly guttal voice intones "Did you fools really expect me to go down without a fight?!"

What could only be the wolfish form of Thes lunges off the platform directly at the Pika-Llama. However, before she is even halfway through the air, the hair on the backs of you neck raises and there is a bright epileptic seizure inducing flash of light.

When you re-open your eyes, Thes now human lays face down in the dirt, her hair standing on end and burns covering her body. You guess Thes just didn't know the right combos, that or her trainer sucked.
Thes the devil was lynched night falls and will end 4 PM

2007-04-10, 05:54 PM
Awesome! We got the devil! Things are looking good.

Douglas
2007-04-10, 06:11 PM
That's our fifth wolf! Just four more and they'll all be gone. Great work, seer and baner, whoever you are.

The Valiant Turtle
2007-04-10, 07:54 PM
((Yeah! We got the Devil. It's a good thing I wasn't drinking anything when I read the end of that or I'd have sprayed it all over my monitor laughing. That was good!))

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-04-10, 08:12 PM
CHU!!

*The llamachu "kicks" and "Tackles" the corpse some more for what it did to his trainer*

The Valiant Turtle
2007-04-10, 08:27 PM
((I just updated my spreadsheet and that was actually our 6th wolf. Only 3 more to go!))

Douglas
2007-04-10, 08:40 PM
((Oh yeah, forgot about inky.))

Zeb The Troll
2007-04-10, 10:59 PM
On top of the table rest 3 empty bottles of whisky, scotch and beer.((George Thorogood lived here? This town is even more awesome than I thought. :smallcool: ))

Goblin Music
2007-04-10, 11:00 PM
i did not write it Thes did

Ink
2007-04-11, 01:17 AM
"Huzzah! Well done Seer! Well done Baner! Well done Llamachu!"

Ink runs inside his bakery and reemerges a moment later.

"Free doughnuts for all!"

Jontom Xire
2007-04-11, 01:57 AM
Going well. Thanks, Alarra.

Shouldn't Gezina, Krursk, Miatog, and Vespe Ratavo have been auto-lynched? None of them voted in the last three game-days. In fact as far as I can tell, Krursk has never voted. Did I miss an auto-lynch or something?

===EDIT===

Please point at somebody this Day if you have not already! If you didn't point at anybody on Day 1, and don't point at anybody by tomorrow at 4 PM EST, you get an auto-lynch!

Also, Krursk has PMed me saying that he'll be out for about five days. He will not be autolynched during this time.

That was on the 25th of last month, about 16 real days and 7 game days ago.

Goblin Music
2007-04-11, 08:53 AM
((technically yesterday was a early lynch, tomorrow they will be atuo lynched))

Thes Hunter
2007-04-11, 10:43 AM
(( Zeb I was thinking John Lee Hooker (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIvka3SSv9Y), though that cut isn't the best. I have no idea who did the song first, but I have a feeling it's a blues song as old as the blues itself. :smallsmile: ))

And Go WOLVES!!!!! You can do it.

And to the sender of 'the note' (you know who you are) there are reasons why I never trust anyone. :smallbiggrin:

Blood
2007-04-11, 11:46 AM
Okay, I know this is getting repetitive, but thanks again to Goblin Music. You really did help a lot while I was busy. I should be back to regularly updating in 3 or 4 days. The OP was updated with deaths - great job, Villager Team (and, specifically, Baner)!

Zeb The Troll
2007-04-11, 01:40 PM
(( Zeb I was thinking John Lee Hooker (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIvka3SSv9Y), though that cut isn't the best. I have no idea who did the song first, but I have a feeling it's a blues song as old as the blues itself. :smallsmile: ))((John Lee Hooker did it first, but Thorogood is the version everyone knows.))

Goblin Music
2007-04-11, 04:09 PM
you all wake up and head out side to find out what happend last night only to find the head of JX and a bloody volleyball net made out of what can only be his guts. a note attached to the net reads

mom was wrong it is always a good idea to play with at least part of your meal
-the wolfs
Jontom Xire a villager was killed

Ink
2007-04-11, 04:17 PM
"Huh. Well, 'scuse me for just one second."

Ink ducks out of sight and violent spewing noises are heard from behind a bush.

"Well now, Seer, Alarra, what should we be doin' now?"

Alarra
2007-04-11, 04:59 PM
Alarra shrugs, completely avoiding looking at the macabre scene. "Whatever you want. We didn't find a wolf today."

evnafets
2007-04-11, 05:04 PM
I dunno what the seer says, but I am going to put forward the name of Cult of the Raven as a potential wolf.
evnafets points at Cult of the Raven.

Basically, she has been keeping a low profile. Posting day on/day off.
Day #1 Pointed at Kantur rather than following the bandwagon.
Day #3 Pointed at Zar Peter - but then so did Shadow.

Good reasons? Maybe. Maybe not.
But I would like to get some debate going rather than just follow the seer again.

2007-04-11, 05:27 PM
I'll follow the only logic so far today and point at Cult of the Raven.

Sorry about not being able to think. I'm too busy lately.

Kyrian
2007-04-11, 05:40 PM
You have a good point evnafets...but on that same note, Raistlin did the same thing yesterday.

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-04-11, 10:20 PM
I'm going to stop this bandwagon before it starts and say it right now: I'm not a wolf.

I 'keep a low profile' because I have nothing really interesting to add to the conversation, plus I can't get on too often, due to my RL schedule.

day #1 I pointed at kantur because it was day one, and day one bandwagons are silly. It's day one, people!
day #3 I pointed at zar peter for no other reason than that was who I felt was most suspicious that day.

one counter to each point in your accusation, evnafets.
i'm going to end my post by Pointing at [Insert]. you are going to set a bandwagon rolling, young man!

Zeb The Troll
2007-04-11, 11:55 PM
*Inspired by the Graklok, Zeb tries to streak the thread then realizes that, being incorporeal, he can neither disrobe nor be seen anyway.*

Shadow
2007-04-11, 11:56 PM
* naked werewolf/ghost Shadow passes by and sticks out tongue at Zeb*

Ink
2007-04-12, 01:12 AM
"I must say I find [Insert Username] a tad more suspicious than Cult due to his early accusations against Tormsskull and douglas back before we had the found the Seer."

* Ink points at [Insert Neat Username Here]

Castaras
2007-04-12, 01:20 AM
I have to say I agree with Ink.

* Points at [Insert Neat Username Here]

Jontom Xire
2007-04-12, 01:45 AM
Huh.

Now I got no game to play in :(

Korith
2007-04-12, 07:51 AM
I am not persuaded by any of the reasoning thusfar, so I offer a third direction: If Gezina is doomed to an auto-lynching, let's point at her.

If she's a villager, she was, regrettably, doomed anyway.
If she's a wolf, then we'll only have two more to go, and she was probably going to make a last-second post anyway

Near-zero downside risk, with potential upside gain.

Korith points at Gezina

The Valiant Turtle
2007-04-12, 10:34 AM
I like Korith's plan.

Raldor points at Gezina.

((although I'm horibly tempted to see if the llama is finally right and point at Exachix))

((Jontom, that means you need to sign up for Ye Olde West! The fun begins Monday at High Noon!))

Selrahc
2007-04-12, 11:49 AM
If she's a wolf, then we'll only have two more to go, and she was probably going to make a last-second post anyway

(I'm dead, but just an FYI, she said somewhere that she was dropping out of all werewolf style games somewhere. I think it was in Werewolf Central, so thats a definite Autolynch)