PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Two Weapon Fighting - Titan Mauler is this possible?

killem2
2014-11-10, 01:12 PM
I'm trying to aid a fell player who is creating a fighter for an upcoming session. She wanted a two weapon fighter.

I was digging around for her and discovered this Titan Mauler. Now the premise is interesting, being able to wield a greatsword with one hand, and then in turn try to dual wield greatswords. But the penalties, oh man the penalties I assume would be brutal and this would take a bit of multiclassing to get right.

I know you have to at least be 2 Titan Mauler, but where do you go from there. Is it best to stick with the Long haul and go 15 Two Weapon Warrior or just straight fighter?

Any suggestions on this would be great, and if it just isn't possible, hey that's ok too :).

Jgosse
2014-11-10, 01:30 PM
Ranger by passes Dex requirements. Over sized two wepon fighting might help depending on the wording and Dm.

killem2
2014-11-10, 02:09 PM
Ranger by passes Dex requirements. Over sized two wepon fighting might help depending on the wording and Dm.

I am having trouble finding oversized two weapon fighting. Did they make that in pathfinder?

Ilorin Lorati
2014-11-10, 04:13 PM
Oversized Two-Weapon Fighting doesn't exist in Pathfinder, but your DM may approve it if you're not PFS; it was originally found in Complete Adventurer on p.111.

But yes, you can dual wield two-handed weapons with Titan Grip. Whether or not it actually counts as a one handed weapon (which is a specific type of weapon) for the purposes Improved Balance is up to your DM though the text heavily supports it. My recommendation would be to talk to your DM about it, then go TWW 11 / Titan Mauler 2 / TWW 4 / Whatever if they allow it. Upgrade your way from One/Light to One/One at 11 to Two/Two at 13.

If the DM allows OTWF you don't need TWW and can do whatever you want. Titan Mauler 2 / Ranger or Slayer X is nice for Combat Style abilities that ignore prerequisites. Take the TWF style, ignore Dex and boost Str.

Just keep in mind that this is mostly rule of cool.