PDA

View Full Version : DM Help PFS Newbie, where to start?

SamsDisciple
2014-11-10, 02:50 PM
So I moved into a new town and when I go to the local gameshop I find that there is alot of interest in PFS but as of now nobody willing to DM it. I am willing to start things up and DM it but I have never run PFS. Is there a specific place that is best to start to keep the flow of the story or is it all just random adventures and I can cherry pick the ones that look the coolest? I have never played at one place consistently so it has seemed fairly self contained adventures without a real flow to them but now that I am looking at running it I would like to keep to the flow if there is one.
Also on a side note, do you think it is reasonable to ask the players to pitch in to buy the scenarios for PFS?

Psyren
2014-11-10, 04:57 PM
I don't know if you're in the US but most regions (http://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety/about/regionalCoordinators) have a Venture-Captain or Venture-Lieutenant that can tell you everything you'll need to know - get in touch with the one closest to you.

As for learning PFS in general, a good way to do that is to go to a nearby convention and play there.