2007-03-22, 04:49 PM
Hinjo... EVIL?

here are the facts...

He has a goatee
His sword is DARK gray
He hangs (or hung) around with Miko

Definitely evil.

Nah.

Miko probably ran a Detect Evil check on him to make sure at least once. She seems like the type that would randomly check other Paladins to make sure they are not the agents of evil in disguise.

Voyager_I
2007-03-22, 04:53 PM
I don't think you're grasping the right straws...

Assassinfox
2007-03-22, 04:53 PM
He has a goatee

So, who's his good twin? :smallbiggrin:

Tussy the Druid
2007-03-22, 04:55 PM
So, who's his good twin? :smallbiggrin:

A chaotic evil blackguard named Ojnih.

Assassinfox
2007-03-22, 05:03 PM
It all makes sense now! All the Xykons are fake because HINJO HAS BEEN XYKON IN DISGUISE THIS WHOLE TIME! :eek:

Snake-Aes
2007-03-22, 07:51 PM
A chaotic evil blackguard named Ojnih.

I fail to fake I didn't make that char in both char sheet and in nwn servers

Luklan
2007-03-22, 07:55 PM
Hinjo has been accepted as the only character to have a goatee, while maintaining a Lawful Good alignment...

Nice try, but not quite ;)

The Extinguisher
2007-03-22, 08:05 PM
Which means he's all that more powerful.

If he can be lawful good while fighting of the goatees natural tendacy towards evil... that's one powerful paladin.

But remember, he worked with Miko. She's a girl who probably cast detect evil on her breakfast each morning. Nothing evil would manage to stay hidden for very long.

Assassinfox
2007-03-22, 08:08 PM
But remember, he worked with Miko. She's a girl who probably cast detect evil on her breakfast each morning. Nothing evil would manage to stay hidden for very long.

:miko: There's something wrong with this miso soup... SMITE EVIL!

MReav
2007-03-22, 08:14 PM
She probably smites the garbage.

"TAKE THIS VILE SMELL!"

Sesquedoodle
2007-03-23, 03:28 AM
She would be quite right to. Garbage smells ARE evil.

Um, back to Hinjo...
I, personally, think he's good, but I'm willing to be surprised.

Assassinfox
2007-03-28, 11:28 PM
He has a giant wolf for his mount! He MUST be evil! :smalleek:

Innis Cabal
2007-03-28, 11:33 PM
not only is he evil, he charmed Shojo to trick the order of the stick into comming to AC so Xykon could kill them all, and to get rid of Miko who was his only real threat

Demented
2007-03-28, 11:39 PM

Or maybe it's a gigantic rat.
Either way...

Tharr
2007-03-29, 01:47 AM
The wolf has not been determined as celestial.

Tundar
2007-03-29, 01:58 AM
Hinjo is not evil.

Else Miko would have detected it.

Studoku
2007-03-29, 02:18 AM
The wolf has not been determined as celestial.

It's a paladin mount so it is celestial. That's why he summons it using a pokeball.

Kreistor
2007-03-29, 03:18 AM
Paladin mounts aren't automatically celestial. They are magical beasts.

pjackson
2007-03-29, 03:35 AM
You are both right.
Paladin mounts are celestials in that they come from the celestial planes.
However they are not Celestials in that they do not have the Celestial template (unless the paladin has taken the feat that allows that or the DM decides it should be so).

BisectedBrioche
2007-03-29, 06:47 AM
Goin by the logic that having a dark shaded sword makes you evil (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0064.html)....

R.O.A.
2007-03-29, 06:51 AM
Goin by the logic that having a dark shaded sword makes you evil (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0064.html)....
Right, it's backwards in oots, as Nale's sword is lighter then Greenhilt's.

Threeshades
2007-03-29, 06:53 AM

So Elan was the evil twin all along!

BisectedBrioche
2007-03-29, 06:57 AM
Rapiers are clearly the most evil of weapons in OotS.

NeonRonin
2007-03-29, 07:31 AM
Um, didn't Shojo have a goatee as well? And if memory serves, he wasn't strictly 'evil', he just bent some of the rules to try and ensure the stability of the remaining gates. Chaotic Good is still good, regardless of Miko the Maniac's interpretation of his actions.

Therefore the goatee cannot be a guaranteed sign that one is evil... perhaps it needs to be in a more distinctive shape or something.

Baalzebub
2007-03-29, 07:36 AM
Hinjo... EVIL?

here are the facts...

He has a goatee
His sword is DARK gray
He hangs (or hung) around with Miko

Definitely evil.

So what? I'm a polymorphed slug and nobody says i'm evil. Yet.

BardicLasher
2007-03-29, 07:41 AM
The Dark Sword is probably Cold Iron or Adamantine. Cold Iron because it overcomes the DR of chaotic creatures or Adamantine because it overcomes the DR of objects and constructs.

That or he rolled a 1 on a save vs a fire spell.

Blue_Hill
2007-03-29, 07:50 AM
Nou nou, Hinjo is a good.. There isn't no other way to him... :)

Gitman00
2007-03-29, 08:59 AM
The Dark Sword is probably Cold Iron or Adamantine. Cold Iron because it overcomes the DR of chaotic creatures or Adamantine because it overcomes the DR of objects and constructs.

That or he rolled a 1 on a save vs a fire spell.

I'm guessing it's Cold Iron. Standard for a Holy Avenger.

Kesnit
2007-03-29, 09:10 AM
But remember, he worked with Miko. She's a girl who probably cast detect evil on her breakfast each morning.

I choked on my soda when I read that! :smallbiggrin:

I can just imagine :miko: sitting down, analyzing her corn flakes and grapefruit half, deciding they are evil, and smiting them with her spoon.

I thought of that when I read the comic. It is a DIRE wolf...

Threeshades
2007-03-29, 09:29 AM
I choked on my soda when I read that! :smallbiggrin:

I can just imagine :miko: sitting down, analyzing her corn flakes and grapefruit half, deciding they are evil, and smiting them with her spoon.

I thought of that when I read the comic. It is a DIRE wolf...

both wolves and dire wolves are neutral.

Kesnit
2007-03-29, 09:35 AM
both wolves and dire wolves are neutral.

OK. I stand corrected. I'm at work, so don't have access to the MM. :smallredface:

Purple_cloack
2007-03-29, 10:08 AM
Maybe possible.
Nobody nows, bot if I am not wrong, Captain scoudrel has Goattee too.
But....why not?

Teh_Jakester
2007-03-29, 04:43 PM
It all makes sense now! All the Xykons are fake because HINJO HAS BEEN XYKON IN DISGUISE THIS WHOLE TIME! :eek:

Wow. That's deep.

Assassinfox
2007-03-29, 04:51 PM
Wow. That's deep.

Just poking fun at the "The one on the dragon is fake!!!!!" thread. :smalltongue:

Innis Cabal
2007-03-29, 04:54 PM
there was a thread like that? I cant wait to see hinjo kill roy and elan and make the people in prison the main characters, and i want to see how the romance between belkar and miko's horse is going to turn out

Wizzardman
2007-03-29, 06:46 PM
there was a thread like that? I cant wait to see hinjo kill roy and elan and make the people in prison the main characters, and i want to see how the romance between belkar and miko's horse is going to turn out
...[howl of anguish]

Why do you people hurt my brain so?!?

Vox
2007-03-29, 10:44 PM
So what? I'm a polymorphed slug and nobody says i'm evil. Yet.

You're evil.

Anyway.....Hinjo is a Paladin, currently in good standing (a.k.a. still wearing the Azure city blue, as opposed to Miko's new tan look. BTW, can we call female members of the Miko fanclub "tan-girls"? Or would that be a pun so horribly bad as to merit my destruction by the combined forces of the entire forum, plus Jones and Rodriguez?)

Back on topic: He has not fallen, since he clearly retains his Paladin abilities, as evidenced by his summoning the (very cool) Direwolf Argent via the classic Paladin pokball.

Thus, it is not possible for him to be evil, certainly not at this point.

Plus, I'm willing to bet that fighting a battle against really bad odds to defeat an unholy force of evil will earn you major brownie points with the powers of good...I doubt the coolest Paladin ever will be falling anytime soon.

Which is as it should be, of course.