PDA

View Full Version : God of knowledge and war?

Corwin_of_Amber
2014-11-10, 10:54 PM
I'd like to make an Ordained Champion with an alternate diety as per the adaptations block. I'm looking for someone that favors knowledge and tactics over brute force in combat.

The FR and Eberron dieties have been disallowed (so there goes Red Knight and Tyr), and I'm not a big fan of Athena (I think she's in Dieties and Demigods, but I don't have access to that book right now).

Can anyone suggest something?

BWR
2014-11-10, 11:13 PM
Odin.
Ty is not only an FR god, you know, even if the FR version doesn't particularly match his Ęsir portrayal.

Marlowe
2014-11-11, 12:48 AM
Xae Yae (Greyhawk) has Knowledge and War.

Corwin_of_Amber
2014-11-11, 10:38 AM
Odin.
Ty is not only an FR god, you know, even if the FR version doesn't particularly match his Ęsir portrayal.

Odin... that's a good idea. I was always under the impression that the FR Tyr was somewhat distinct from his norse counterpart.

Sian
2014-11-11, 10:45 AM
FR Tyr is (slightly) distinct from Ęsir Tyr, but its all but spelled out that his FR incarnation was an aspect of him, that followed his worshippers to FR establishing a semi-independent deity there with relatively little communication with his original self, after the split. just as the Muldurand and Unther penetheons did.

Still a reasonable guess, although Odin is much better.

Another more obscure posibility would be Halmyr (Complete Warrior p148), whom is god of strategy and skill

Extra Anchovies
2014-11-11, 04:58 PM
Another more obscure posibility would be Halmyr (Complete Warrior p148), whom is god of strategy and skill

Oh yes, Halmyr! Don't know how I forgot about him, he's one of my favorite deities.