PDA

View Full Version : Go jump off the tower!

WeaselGuy
2014-11-10, 11:03 PM
Make a Will save...
You fail, and jump off the edge of the tower!

So, due to a demonic pact, our psion-turned-diabolist had to sacrifice a party member in order to retain his newfound class features. He picked my Kobobld Mounted Ranger as the target of his a$$hattery (fully supported by the DM btw)

For every encounter until I made the jump, he cast Death Urge on me, causing me to charge a Greater Shadow (with lesser shadow's minions) (and after the shadows dealt about 12 strength damage to me).

Let it be known, this was completely in character, and I found it hilarious! I'm a complete altaholic, and relish any opportunity to play a new character. My next character is going to be a Deepwyrm Lesser Drow Cleric/Swift Wing.

(Un)Inspired
2014-11-10, 11:58 PM
Soooooooo... Do you have, like, a question for us, or something?

It sounds like you have a pretty good attitude. Have fun with your new character?

Snowbluff
2014-11-11, 12:01 AM
1d20-5

Did I make it?

WeaselGuy
2014-11-11, 12:09 AM
Soooooooo... Do you have, like, a question for us, or something?

It sounds like you have a pretty good attitude. Have fun with your new character?

Nope, no question, just thought I would share a highlight from our 12 hour session that's going on right now... for once, I don't need advice, and I'm not griping lol :D

(Un)Inspired
2014-11-11, 12:15 AM
I've never looked at Swift Wing before. It looks pretty cool. Tell us more about your new character.

WeaselGuy
2014-11-11, 12:35 AM
I've never looked at Swift Wing before. It looks pretty cool. Tell us more about your new character.

Right now, she's a NE Deepwyrm Lesser Drow Cleric of Tiamat 5/Swift Wing 5, with the Greed, Trickery, and Dragon Domains. Took True Believer, Extend Spell, Persist Spell and Divine Metamagic: Persist for feats, with Extra Turning at 12, and I don't know what after that. Maybe a feat at 15 to get into a 2nd PrC at 16 (any suggestions?). Spent all my money on a Chromatic Rod and Mithril Full Plate, plus a tabard, cloak and heavy steel shield, all emblazoned with the holy symbol of Tiamat. She is the personal assistant to a Red Great Wyrm plot character, who has been assigned to assist and report back on the adventuring party, who are mid-level mercenaries working for the current geo-political overlords.

Only managed 1 encounter before we had to call it quits, but I can say with confidence that DMM: Persisting Divine Power is awesome for a cleric...