PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Advice For a First time Cavalier

xFatalFuryx
2014-11-10, 11:06 PM
Hello everyone, Wanted to firstly start out by saying thank you for taking the time to view my post.

Well as you've probably seen from the title I'm wanting to roll up a Cavalier (Beast Rider) that will Prestige into Hellknight at around level 5, But other then that I'm not really sure where is should go with it. As far as Feats, Traits, Mounts, Ect. As far as a combat style I'm generally looking to do a "switch rider" type of style. Charge in when i can then hop off the mount and go smack up some baddies along side my mount, Any advice or constructive criticism that can be offered will be greatly appreciated!

On a side note we are starting out at level 4 with 6,000 gold. We are also going with a custom 20 point buy system as well. (Example underneath) And for whatever reason my DM has decided to let me use more creatures from the "Beastiary" to use as a mount, If you have any questions please post them and I'll be more then willing to answer.

7 - "-3"
8 - "-2"
9 - "-1"
10 - 0
11 - 1
12 - 3
13 - 4
14 - 6
15 - 7
16 - 9
17 - 10
19 - 12

Extra Anchovies
2014-11-10, 11:17 PM
Have a couple (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uuAB8SfE5ssZLYwa1LuQQ4haz1tD1q28Iyl8XAdMNxY/edit?hl=en_US) of Cavalier Handbooks. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?234104-By-My-Honor-A-Cavalier-s-Guide)

deuxhero
2014-11-11, 01:07 AM
Don't take Beast Rider if you are PRCing out. Expert Trainer gives acess to a feat that lets you treat all your character levels as cavalier for determining your AC's strength.

xFatalFuryx
2014-11-11, 02:22 AM
Don't take Beast Rider if you are PRCing out. Expert Trainer gives acess to a feat that lets you treat all your character levels as cavalier for determining your AC's strength.

Nice catch, I was just reading up on Horse Master. I was looking into some other options for multiclass/prc and i came across Dragoon (Fighter Archetype) And i was wondering if i can get your opinion on it.