PDA

View Full Version : Player Help playable undead

kagetorashizuma
2014-11-11, 10:28 AM
heey guys

i want to play a undead race but i dont know what you may play. so if anyone can help me with that i would me please.

thanks already

Red Fel
2014-11-11, 10:35 AM
heey guys

i want to play a undead race but i dont know what you may play. so if anyone can help me with that i would me please.

thanks already

Pathfinder? 3.0? 3.5? What books? Sources? Level adjustments? Alignments? Classes?

There are plenty of ways to accomplish anything in D&D, but you need to give us something with which to work.

ZamielVanWeber
2014-11-11, 10:35 AM
A good chunk actually. Lemme check ol' Book of Bad Latin.
Monster classes:
Ghoul/Ghast
Mohrg
Mummy
Vampire Spawn
Wight

Mummified Creature is a template, as is Ghost, Vampire, Gravetouched Ghoul (This one is nice), Mummified Creature, and Necropolitan.
Savage Species also has Spectral Creature, but that, like vampire, clocks in at +8. I would recommend Mummified Creatureor Gravetouched Ghoul myself.
Note, both open you up to the Evolved Undead template.

kagetorashizuma
2014-11-11, 10:43 AM
Pathfinder? 3.0? 3.5? What books? soures? Level adjustments? Alignments? Classes?

There are plenty of ways to accomplish anything in D&D, but you need to give us something with which to work.

3.5 we are use all the books en algiments Level adjustments soures en classes isn't a problem

Threadnaught
2014-11-11, 10:46 AM
Necropolitan from Libris Mortis is the easiest, without LA.

Nearly every other Undead Template has LA, and the rest are creatures with Create Spawn.

ZamielVanWeber
2014-11-11, 10:47 AM
What class do you intend on playing? Gravetouched Ghoul makes for a nice mystic ranger, but necropolitan really wins for casters (for example) IF you aren't after anything specific and want to just play an undead, mohrg look cool (but do take up all 20 levels sadly).

OldTrees1
2014-11-11, 10:55 AM
Lich is surprisingly playable. Although Necroplotian is the go to for "I want to be an undead but I don't have a particular undead in mind"

NotScaryBats
2014-11-11, 11:06 AM
I always recommend Gravetouched Ghoul, that has some great stuff for +2 LA. It is in the 'monsters' section of Libris Mortis.

Snowbluff
2014-11-11, 11:09 AM
A good chunk actually. Lemme check ol' Book of Bad Latin.

I like to think of it as an abridged version of multiple ancient evil texts.