PDA

View Full Version : Board Issue I can't change my signature.

Madfellow
2014-11-11, 11:56 AM
I've been trying to change my signature for about a day now. Every time, I get a 403 Forbidden message, saying I don't have permission to view the page. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Grey_Wolf_c
2014-11-11, 12:13 PM
I've been trying to change my signature for about a day now. Every time, I get a 403 Forbidden message, saying I don't have permission to view the page. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Does it happen with this direct link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/profile.php?do=editsignature)?

Grey Wolf

Madfellow
2014-11-11, 12:24 PM
Does it happen with this direct link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/profile.php?do=editsignature)?

Grey Wolf

Getting TO the editing page isn't the problem. The problem comes when I hit the "Save Changes" button.

Grey_Wolf_c
2014-11-11, 12:45 PM
Getting TO the editing page isn't the problem. The problem comes when I hit the "Save Changes" button.

Can you post the new signature? You might be putting in some code that the database does not like.

Grey Wolf

Madfellow
2014-11-11, 12:49 PM
Can you post the new signature? You might be putting in some code that the database does not like.

Grey Wolf

"You know, one of these days you're going to say, 'It's going to be alright,' and it's not going to be alright."
--Garrett, Elven Investigator

Grey_Wolf_c
2014-11-11, 12:56 PM
"You know, one of these days you're going to say, 'It's going to be alright,' and it's not going to be alright."
--Garrett, Elven Investigator

Remove the double dash, and it should work. I suggest:

~Garrett, Elven Investigator

As I predicted, it is a DB thing, but I believe it is best if I don't explain why.

Grey Wolf

Madfellow
2014-11-11, 12:59 PM
Remove the double dash, and it should work. I suggest:

~Garrett, Elven Investigator

As I predicted, it is a DB thing, but I believe it is best if I don't explain why.

Grey Wolf

Hey, thanks a lot! :smallbiggrin:

Grey_Wolf_c
2014-11-11, 01:00 PM
Hey, thanks a lot! :smallbiggrin:

Anytime. Glad I could help.

Grey Wolf