PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Elder Scrolls Campaign: Player Races

Slayer Lord
2014-11-11, 01:20 PM
Here's what I've come up with for player races in my ongoing attempt to adapt the Elder Scrolls universe to Pathfinder. Some of these might come off as overpowered, but I was just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks, while keeping with the official lore. Any suggestions for tightening these up would be appreciated. For the sake of honesty, I did borrow several of the class abilities from a couple of other people's attempts to Pathfinderize the Elder Scrolls, but I have made several adaptions of my own, although I'm starting to think that racial skills for everyone might have been a bit much.

Argonians
Racial Traits
-+2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, -2 Charisma: Argonians are nimble and resilient, but are gruff and slow to trust.
-Medium Size: Argonians have no bonuses or penalties based on size.
-Humanoid Type: Argonians are humanoids with the (reptilian) subtype.
-Speeds: Argonians have a land speed of 30 ft and a swim speed of 30 ft.
- Skills- +2 Stealth and Survival
-Amphibious: Argonians can breathe both air and water, and are equally comfortable on land or water. They have +6 to Swim and it is always a class skill.
-Argonian Resistances: Argonians receive a +4 bonus on fortitude saves to resist poison or disease (including magical disease).
-Histskin: Argonians naturally heal three times faster than humans do (3hp a day, or 6 with extended medical attention). When healed with magic, they heal an additional number of hitpoints equals to their constitution modifier.
-Languages: Argonians begin play speaking Cyrodilic and Jel. They can choose any common language as a bonus language (except secret or esoteric languages, like Druidic or Dwemeris).

Bretons
Racial Traits:
-+2 to one ability score: Bretons gain a +2 to any single ability score, chosen at character creation.
-Medium Size: Bretons have no bonuses or penalties based on size.
-Humanoid Type: Bretons are humanoids with the (human) and (elf) subtypes.
-Normal Speed: Bretons have a land speed of 30 ft.
- Skills: +2 Bluff, Knowledge: Arcana, and Spellcraft
-Bonus Feat: Bretons receive an extra feat at 1st level.
-Skilled: Bretons gain an additional skill rank at 1st level and one additional skill rank whenever they gain a level.
-Arcane Focus: Bretons receive a +2 racial bonus on concentration checks when casting defensively.
-Spell Resistance: Bretons gain a spell resistance of 10 + ½ character level to all spells or spell-like abilities, save for spells they cast on themselves. They may voluntarily lower or raise this spell resistance once per round as a free action. This does not provoke attacks of opportunity.
-Languages: Bretons begin play speaking Cyrodilic. They can choose any common language as a bonus language (except secret or esoteric languages, like Dwemeris).

Dark Elves
Racial Traits:
-+2 Strength, +2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma: Morrowind’s harsh environment has made the Dunmer value strength and planning, but they are notoriously xenophobic.
-Medium Size: Dark Elves have no bonuses or penalties based on size.
-Humanoid Type: Dark Elves are humanoids with the (elf) subtype.
-Normal Speed: Dark Elves have a land speed of 30 ft.
-Skills- +2 Knowledge: Religion, Perception, and Survival
-Elven Immunities: Dark Elves are immune to magic sleep effects and gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws made against enchantment spells and effects.
- Weapon Familiarity: Dark Elves are proficient with longbows (including composite longbows), longswords, scimitars and shortbows (including composite shortbows). Any weapon with the word “Elven,” in the name is treated as a martial weapon.
- Low-light Vision: Dark Elves can see twice as far in low light as a human can.
- Ancestral Magic: Dark Elves cast Divination, Evocation and Transmutation(or Illusions?) at +1 caster level, and gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws made against Necromancy spells and spell-like abilities.
-Fire Resistance: Dark Elves are inured to heat, and possess Fire Resistance 5.
-Languages: Dark Elves begin play speaking Cyrodilic and Dunmeris. They can choose any common language as a bonus language (except secret or esoteric languages, like Dwemeris).

High Elves
Racial Traits:
-+2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma: Altmer are hardy and intelligent, but often see other races as inferior.
-Medium Size: High Elves have no bonuses or penalties based on size.
-Humanoid Type: High Elves are humanoids with the (elf) subtype.
-Normal Speed: High Elves have a land speed of 30 ft.
-Skills- +2 Knowledge: Arcana, Perception, and Spellcraft
-Elven Immunities: High Elves are immune to magic sleep effects and gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws made against enchantment spells and effects
-Aldmeri Resistances: Of all the mer, High Elves cleave the closest to their Aldmeri ancestors. High Elves are immune to paralysis and gain a +4 bonus on Fortitude saves against disease, including magical diseases.
-Aldmeri Vulnerabilities: High Elves are less tolerant to extreme energies then the other races. They are vulnerable to cold, electricity, and fire damage. .
-High Magic: At first level, high elves choose three 0-level spells from the wizard spell list and cast at an equal level to their character level. These spells may be cast a number of times per day equal to the high elf’s intelligence modifier (minimum 1/day). High elves cast arcane spells of the Conjuration, Enchantment and Transmutation schools at +1 caster level.
-Languages: High Elves begin play speaking Cyrodilic and Altmeris. They can choose any common language as a bonus language (except secret or esoteric languages, like Dwemeris).

Imperials
Racial Traits:
-+2 to one ability score: Imperials gain a +2 to any single ability score, chosen at character creation.
-Medium Size: Imperials have no bonuses or penalties based on size.
-Humanoid Type: Imperials are humanoids with the (human) subtype.
-Normal Speed: Imperials have a land speed of 30 ft.
- Skills: +2 Bluff, Diplomacy and Sense Motive
-Bonus Feat: Imperials receive an extra feat at 1st level.
-Skilled: Imperials gain an additional skill rank at 1st level and one additional skill rank whenever they gain a level.
-Emissary: Once per day, members of this race can roll twice when making a Bluff or Diplomacy check and take the better roll.
-Voice of the Emperor: The imperials’ knack for diplomacy has manifested into a weak ability to influence others. Imperials can use the spell Charm Person 1/day as a spell-like ability at a caster level equal to their character level. The save DC is Charisma based.
-Languages: Imperials begin play speaking Cyrodilic. They can choose any common language as a bonus language (except secret or esoteric languages, like Dwemeris).

Khajiit
Racial Traits:
-+2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, -2 Wisdom: Khajiit are nimble and gregarious, but their view of things often seems alien to other races.
-Medium Size: Khajiit have no bonuses or penalties based on size.
-Humanoid Type: Khajiit are humanoids with the (Khajiit) subtype.
-Normal Speed: Khajiit have a land speed of 30 ft.
-Skills: +2 Bluff, Sleight of Hand, and Stealth
-Dark Vision: Khajiit can see up to 60 feet in near darkness..
-Cat's Stealth: Khajiit are renowned for their ability to move through shadows. Stealth is always a class skill.
-Claws of the Khajiit: Khajiit possess razor sharp claws that they can use in melee. Unarmed attacks may be treated as lethal damage, and deal 1d4 damage instead of 1d3. Khajiit monks do additional damage. Increase their unarmed damage die by one step.
-Eye of Fear: Khajiit can use the spell Cause Fear 1/day as a spell-like ability at a caster level equal to their character level. The save DC is Charisma based.
-Languages: Khajiit begin play speaking Cyrodilic and Ta'agra. They can choose any common language as a bonus language (except secret or esoteric languages, like Dwemeris).

Nords
Racial Traits:
-+2 to one ability score: Nords gain a +2 to any single ability score, chosen at character creation.
-Medium Size: Nords have no bonuses or penalties based on size.
-Humanoid Type: Nords are humanoids with the (human) subtype.
-Normal Speed: Nords have a land speed of 30 ft.
-Skills: +2 Intimidate, Sense Motive, and Survival
-Bonus Feat: Nords receive an extra feat at 1st level.
-Skilled: Nords gain an additional skill rank at 1st level and one additional skill rank whenever they gain a level.
-Frost Resistance: Nords are always inured to frost, and possess Cold Resistance 5.
-Stubborn: Nords gain a +2 racial bonus on Will saving throws to resist spells and spell-like abilities of the enchantment (charm) and enchantment (compulsion) subschools. In addition, if a Nord fails such a save, he receives another save 1 round later to prematurely end the effect (assuming the spell or spell-like ability has a duration greater than 1 round). This second save is made at the same DC as the first. If the Nord has a similar ability from another source (such as a rogue’s slippery mind class feature), he can only use one of these abilities per round, but can try the other on the second round if the first re-roll ability fails.
-Languages: Nords begin play speaking Cyrodilic and Nordic. They can choose any common language as a bonus language (except secret or esoteric languages, like Dwemeris).

Orcs
Racial Traits:
-+2 Strength, +2 Constitution, -2 Charisma: Orcs have powerful physiques, but are considered ugly and crude by most other races.
-Medium Size: Orcs have no bonuses or penalties based on size.
-Humanoid Type: Orcs are humanoids with the (elf) and (orc) subtypes.
-Normal Speed: Orcs have a land speed of 30 ft.
- Skills: +2 Craft: Armor or Weapons (player’s choice), Intimidate, and Perception
- Weapon Familiarity: Orcs are proficient with all axes, falchions and scimitars, and treat any weapon with the word “Orc,” in the name as a martial weapon.
- Low Light Vision: Orcs can see twice as far in low light conditions as a human.
-Ferocity: Once per day, when an orc is brought below 0 hit point but not killed, he can fight on for one more round as if disabled. At the end of his next turn, unless brought to above 0 hit points, he immediately falls unconscious and begins dying.
- Strong Back: An orc’s speed is never modified by armor or encumberance.
-Languages: Orcs begin play speaking Cyrodilic and Orcish. They can choose any common language as a bonus language (except secret or esoteric languages, like Dwemeris).

Redguards
Racial Traits:
-+2 to one ability score: Redguards gain a +2 to any single ability score, chosen at character creation.
-Medium Size: Redguards have no bonuses or penalties based on size.
-Humanoid Type: Redguards are humanoids with the (human) subtype.
-Normal Speed: Redguards have a land speed of 30 ft.
- Skills: +2 Acrobatics, Climb and Swim
-Bonus Feat: Redguards receive an extra feat at 1st level.
-Skilled: Redguards gain an additional skill rank at 1st level and one additional skill rank whenever they gain a level.
-Endurance: Redguards are extremely resilient, and have a +4 bonus to resist disease and poisons, including magical diseases.
-Swordtrained: Redguards are trained from birth in swordplay and are proficient with daggers, falchions, greatswords, longswords, rapiers, scimitars, and shortwords. If a redguard’s first class level grants proficiency with all martial weapons, they may instead become proficient with one exotic bladed weapon of their choice (such as elven curved swords, falcatas, katanas, etc.). Redguards add +2 to confirm critical hits with a bladed weapon.
-Languages: Redguards begin play speaking Cyrodilic and Yoku. They can choose any common language as a bonus language (except secret or esoteric languages, like Dwemeris).

Wood Elves
Racial Traits:
-+2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, -2 Strength: Bosmer are quick and observant, but not as strong as other races
-Medium Size: Wood Elves have no bonuses or penalties based on size.
-Humanoid Type: Wood Elves are humanoids with the (elf) subtype.
-Normal Speed: Wood Elves have a land speed of 30 ft.
-Racial Skills: +2 Handle Animal, Perception and Stealth
-Elven Immunities: Wood Elves are immune to magic sleep effects and gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws made against enchantment spells and effects.
- Low-light Vision: Wood elves can see twice as far as a human in low light.
-Beast-Kin: Wood Elves can use the spell Charm Animal 1/day as a spell-like ability at a caster level equal to their character level. The save DC is Wisdom based.
-Bow Focus: Wood Elves are proficient with all bows (shortbows, longbows, composite shortbows, and composite longbows) and gain Weapon Focus (Shortbow) or Weapon Focus (Longbow) as a bonus feat.
-Poison Resistance: Wood Elves gain a +4 racial bonus on saving throws to resist poisons
-Child of the Green Pact: Wood elves cast druid or ranger spells at +1 caster level. Must be a druid or a ranger.
-Languages: Wood Elves begin play speaking Cyrodilic and Bosmeris. They can choose any common language as a bonus language (except secret or esoteric languages, like Dwemeris).

And if anyone is interested, a link to my Bestiary help page can be found here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?382596-Elder-Scrolls-Campaign-Bestiary)

Fable
2014-11-13, 12:02 PM
Awesomesauce! I would love to play in an elder scrolls game. These all look pretty tight so far. I'm very new to pathfinder so i don't really know how these stack up against other pathfinder races, but i do know races have favored class options. If you are worried about the bonus to skills maybe make a few favored class options that do something similar like argonian rogues getting +1 bonus to stealth every few levels or something.

Castaras
2014-11-13, 03:24 PM
Mod of the Apocalypse: Moved to Homebrew.

Blackhawk748
2014-11-13, 06:23 PM
Very nice, way to maintain fluff and crunch. Minor nitpick here but it seems like pretty much everyone has a negative to charisma, which i guess i find kinda odd.

dascarletm
2014-11-13, 06:26 PM
Yeah some of those -chas seem misplaced.

A tendency to being a jerk doesn't necessarily equate to -cha.

Leecros
2014-11-13, 07:00 PM
(If you haven't already) you might want to look at what they get in the earlier elderscrolls games, back when TES had something like ability scores for inspiration about racial ability scores and other things.

linky (http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Races)

Almarck
2014-11-13, 11:49 PM
I'd argue that Nords be given +strength and wisdom or maybe Cha and Wisdom, but - to Int. I know that they aren't stupid per say, but this is mostly a game design thing. Too overbloated on Cha Penalties currently and while I can see Imperials and Bretons being flexible in terms of attributes, it's probably a little redundant to give Imperials the same Ability Score Modifiers.

High Elves by the way should have a penalty to Wisdom, if you ask me. They'd likely have better charisma than other elves, but would be the most arrogant.

Not sure what to recomend on the Beast races though.

dascarletm
2014-11-14, 12:56 PM
Imperials should get a bonus to cha.

Part of their MO is that they are skilled diplomats, and later games give them a charm like ability.

Blackhawk748
2014-11-15, 05:09 PM
I agree with dascarletm, Imps should get a + cha, Nords should prbly get a +str, let the Bretons and the Redguard get the variable bonus.

Also now that i think on it maybe the Altmer weakness is a bit much, 50% more damage from 3 elements hurts. Maybe just give them a -2 on saves against those three?

Edit: also might be fun to make a few feats so that the other races can have their powers from Skyrim. Argonians get a 1/day fast healing effect for a few rounds, Nords can make people panic for 1d4 rounds, something like that. Just a thought, take it or leave it.