PDA

View Full Version : Super Monk 3.X Game

Darth Grall
2014-11-11, 08:04 PM
So, I have been playing a Monk in a friend's 3.X game for a few years time and as I'm a fellow GM(not 3.5 tho) and a bit of an optimizer I figured it'd be a worthy challenge. Due to a number of my friends house rules and raw exploits tho I've had pretty good time of things. My jump skill is crazy high, defenses are quite good, damage potential is high when I hit due to a few Oriental Adventures feat combos, and my DCs aren't bad for my stuns and paralyzes. However, offensively my AB isn't very high and even my AC is beginning to lag(our barb/fighter/gladiator has near 5 AC on me).

So I am looking for some more offensive options to improve my AB. Feats aren't an obstacle due to a houserule to buy them for "Destiny Points", but I don't wanna go for TWF feats because his house rules on crit misses and hits(hits s do damage to a separate HP gauge called wounds which means you could kill big enemies quicker in theory, fails generally are crippling). I already have a lot of the feats and gear that you might thing of as core(AoMF, high str and enhancements, weapon focus, etc) right now I'm looking at Oriental Adventures for the feat Mastery chains, since I don't know what else to do. Any other good non-core monk options out there?

Also as a sudden surprise my DM recently gave us a Nimbus of Radiant Truth, a Pathfinder(Mythic!) Major artifact. Being the only LG party member I ended up with it and it seems very flavorful and awesome. However it mostly doesn't help me loads aside from the odd damage spells and the flat unremovable enhancement bonus seeing how I'm not mythic. He has said we can spend Destiny Points inStead of mythic power however though so that's something. Anything one can think of to maximise the use of this item? Aside from selling it of course, which would be ooc for me.

We're level 12, must monk is human, and I'd link the artifact but the d20pfsrd is being weird. Thanks in advance for any advice and if you are curious for any additional info let me know.