PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Help me build duo PCs

Chelios
2014-11-12, 09:20 AM
Hello, i and my friend are plaing 2 druids in an adventure, me the land druid, and him the moon druid, we build them for cooperating in all the battle and not.
Now we starts another adventure and we want to play 2 PCs that are builded for fit and combat toghter, can you help me? We start form level 8. They can be alla classes, but same races and same bg.

Daishain
2014-11-12, 09:30 AM
Have an idea of what roles you wish to play? Were you thinking more of a straight combat pairing, or something versatile enough to act as a mini party in and of itself?

Off the top of my head, I could see a compelling case for a team between a human cleric and his half brother, a half elf paladin. Both devoted to the same cause, just with a slightly different specialization.

Not necessarily the most versatile pairing, but definitely one capable of kicking arse.

Chelios
2014-11-12, 10:14 AM
Have an idea of what roles you wish to play? Were you thinking more of a straight combat pairing, or something versatile enough to act as a mini party in and of itself?

Off the top of my head, I could see a compelling case for a team between a human cleric and his half brother, a half elf paladin. Both devoted to the same cause, just with a slightly different specialization.

Not necessarily the most versatile pairing, but definitely one capable of kicking arse.

in the group there are a monk, a cleric and a sorcer.

Madfellow
2014-11-12, 10:23 AM
in the group there are a monk, a cleric and a sorcer.

Looks like you need a tank and a skill monkey. An Eldritch Knight paired with an Arcane Trickster could be really cool. :smallsmile:

Stormageddon
2014-11-13, 04:20 PM
Paladin and a bard make a good team.

Rezby
2014-11-13, 04:56 PM
It'd be funny if you and your friend made two half-elves: ones a sorcerer 5 with a warlock 3 multiclass (for tome pact) and the other is a warlock 5 with a sorcerer 3 multiclass (for metamagic to buff eldritch blast with and also scales). Take some similar spells, but play differently: the warlock is primarily a Gish (melee spell caster, used pact of sword to do melee and used armor of agathys and hex to help survivability: uses metamagic to extend buffs), while the sorcerer is a blaster, aka ranged spell caster, took warlock for eldritch blast, and invocations of agonizing blast, and repelling blast and just has tons of ranged damage.

I mean, it's not optimal for your party, but it'd be fun imo.

For humour, the sorcerer with the shadow book pretends to be a wizard and the warlock pretends to be a fighter. Both deny being sorcerers or warlocks vigorously.