PDA

View Full Version : How are Lesser Planetouched "weak" to Banishment?

atemu1234
2014-11-12, 10:19 PM
Aren't they natives to the prime material? Wouldn't that render it useless? The way I see it, it would be more detrimental to Star Elves.

KillianHawkeye
2014-11-12, 10:30 PM
Idk, Banishment can only target extraplanar creatures. There's no way to even use it on them unless you're not on the Prime Material.

LTwerewolf
2014-11-12, 11:15 PM
It doesn't affect them, as banishment only affects outsiders which lesser planetouched are not.

AmberVael
2014-11-12, 11:23 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure someone just messed up when they wrote that. You can affect a lesser planetouched with it, but only under the same circumstances by which you could affect any other creature native to the material- while they're off their home plane. Being an outsider or not has nothing to do with it.

It doesn't affect them, as banishment only affects outsiders which lesser planetouched are not.

1) Lesser planetouched are not outsiders, but they do count as outsiders for the purposes of spells and effects due to their planetouched subtype.
2) However Banishment only affects creatures with the extraplanar subtype, and has nothing to do with the outsider type.

atemu1234
2014-11-13, 08:26 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure someone just messed up when they wrote that. You can affect a lesser planetouched with it, but only under the same circumstances by which you could affect any other creature native to the material- while they're off their home plane. Being an outsider or not has nothing to do with it.

1) Lesser planetouched are not outsiders, but they do count as outsiders for the purposes of spells and effects due to their planetouched subtype.
2) However Banishment only affects creatures with the extraplanar subtype, and has nothing to do with the outsider type.

Yes, but the funny thing is it's mentioned by name as being something that affects lesser planetouched.

Look out! You're banished back to... right where you are right now.