grandpheonix
2014-11-12, 10:47 PM
I always imagine it like so

Roy is arsenio hall
Haley is melissa joan hart
Elan is will fredelle
Belkar is bart simpson
Durkon is mr crabbs
And varsuvius is a mix of either ted (how i met your mother ) or lily (how i met your mother )

Whos voice do you hear?

martianmister
2014-11-13, 10:09 AM
Roy is bart simpson
Haley is mr crabbs
Elan is a mix of either ted (how i met your mother ) or will fredelle (not how i met your mother )
Belkar is melissa joan hart
Durkon is cavin from gummi bears
And varsuvius is arsenio hall

Darth Paul
2014-11-13, 10:26 AM
ROY: Andre Braugher
DURKON: BRIAN BLESSED
HALEY: Zooey Deschanel
ELAN: Seth Green
BELKAR: Seth Macfarlane (Stewie Griffin)
VAARSUVIUS: Mila Kunis, impersonating Leonard Nimoy
XYKON: James Earl Jones
REDCLOAK: Jerry Seinfeld
THOG: Patrick Warburton
SABINE: Zoe Saldana
EUGENE GREENHILT: Samuel L. Jackson
THOR: Colin Ferguson
BANDANA: Sarah Shahi

Bandana's a late addition....

Dwy
2014-11-13, 12:36 PM
Not PCs, but:
Grandpa Greenhilt --> Keith David
Right eye --> Liam Neeson
The Archfiends --> Andy Serkis, Mads Mikkelsen and Anthony Hopkins
The Monster in the Darkness --> Co-voiced by Gabriel Iglesias and Benedict Cumberbatch

And yes, I'm replying to this thread not the one just like it one the same page merely because this one doesn't propose that the webcomic becomes an animated show.

Darth Paul
2014-11-13, 10:20 PM
And yes, I'm replying to this thread not the one just like it one the same page merely because this one doesn't propose that the webcomic becomes an animated show.

I replied identically to both because I kind of picture the characters in motion and hear their voices as I read. I've got a movie in my head, I guess.

Grey Watcher
2014-11-14, 12:15 AM
I don't have much in the way of ideas on this, but it just occurred to me that I'd want to hear what Melissa McCarthy would do with Haley. I like her acting, though I generally don't much like the material people write for her, so hearing her work with material that wasn't written with her in mind would be interesting.

Beyond that, I think someone who can do both dignified and silly for Lord Shojo. People like Kelsey Grammer, Patrick Stewart, George Takei, J. K. Simmons all spring to mind.

I feel like Wil Wheaton needs to be involved somehow, because it seems like a rule that he needs to have a cameo in any property. Maybe he could be one of the IFCC or possibly Tarquin.

I would consider coming out of retirement from singing to play Elan. Because it'd be fun dammit! :smallbiggrin:

Peelee
2014-11-14, 12:47 AM
Roy is Billy West.
Elan is Billy West.
Haley is Billy West.
Belkar is Billy West.
Durkon is Billy West.
And Vaarsuvius is Billy West.

All other voices either Billy West or Maurice LeMarche.

Really, this covers about every possible answer.

Grey Watcher
2014-11-14, 01:10 AM
Roy is Billy West.
Elan is Billy West.
Haley is Billy West.
Belkar is Billy West.
Durkon is Billy West.
And Vaarsuvius is Billy West.

All other voices either Billy West or Maurice LeMarche.

Really, this covers about every possible answer.

Can we at least give Haley to Tress MacNeille?

Peelee
2014-11-14, 01:59 AM
Can we at least give Haley to Tress MacNeille?

I'll allow it.

Silferdrake
2014-11-14, 03:37 AM
For some reason I've always read Xykon with John Cleese's voice, and Readcloak with Rowan Atkinson's, I imagined them both with those voices back in the more goofy Dungeon of Dorukan days and the voices has stuck with me since then. When it comes to the PCs I like to imagine Durkon with Sean Connery's voice and Elan with Niel Patrick Harris's.

Darth Paul
2014-11-14, 08:12 AM
Beyond that, I think someone who can do both dignified and silly for Lord Shojo. People like Kelsey Grammer, Patrick Stewart, George Takei, J. K. Simmons all spring to mind.

Captain Sulu as Lord Shojo. This is now headcanon. Thank you, Grey Watcher!

Jaxzan Proditor
2014-11-14, 03:20 PM
Captain Sulu as Lord Shojo. This is now headcanon. Thank you, Grey Watcher!

Mine too, now. There is nothing that George Takei can't improve.

Jurai
2014-11-14, 03:43 PM
Roy is Charles Foster Ofdensen from Metalocalypse.
Belkar is Nathan Explosion, also from Metalocalypse.
Elan is Ed, from Ed, Edd, and Eddy.
Haley is Princess Leia, from Star Wars Episode V: the Empire Strikes Back.
Vaarsuvius is Hermione Granger impersonated by Randy "Macho Man" Savage, from the World Wrestling Federation.
Durkon is Gimli, from Lord of the Rings.

Dire Moose
2014-11-16, 01:10 AM
With Our Dwarves Are All The Same in effect, I'd agree with John Rhys-Davies (Gimli) as Durkon.

Also, someone mentioned Wil Wheaton a while back. I think he'd be perfect for Elan assuming he can still do the "annoying overly-optimistic kid" impression.

In conjunction with the above, Patrick Stewart as Tarquin. Actor Allusion aside, he'd still do a good Magnificent Bastard voice while managing to sound deceptively calm and reasonable.

Marlowe
2014-11-16, 01:31 AM
Hey; this the third time we've had this thread.:smallsmile:

Everyone gets cookies.

CaDzilla
2014-11-16, 08:02 AM
I read everyone as being voiced by Strong Bad, since the style of the comic originally made me think of Teen Girl Squad

Cataras
2015-01-23, 02:53 AM
Just throwin' out ideas.

Shojo - Takei or James Hong (if I could use anyone, maybe Toshiro Mifune or Ken Takakura)

Durkon - maybe Craig Ferguson. Connery, Brian Blessed or Rhys-Davis all seem too obvious/done already

Tarquin - I always seemed to hear in Lois's father's voice from Family Guy but maybe Stephen Lang (the head bad guy in Avatar)

Roy - Chi McBride tho Keith David or Andre would work. Jackson again seems to obvious

Haley - Gillian Anderson maybe.

Belkar - Bill Corbett (second Crow) from MST3K

V - Maybe Blalock (Vulcan from ENTERPRISE)

Celia - Arya Stark (forget actress name. Maise I think)

Miko - Ming-Na

Tsukiko - Lauren Tom maybe

Elan is tough cause it would have to be someone who can do Nale as well.

Blackwing could be Seth Green

Xykon - Shatner! lol
Redcloak - Kif's voice from Futurama

JCarter426
2015-01-23, 03:35 AM
I've always heard Shojo as George Takei as well. Strangely, I've also always heard Kubota as George Takei. Strangely still, those are the only two characters I've ever associated with the voices of specific people.

martianmister
2015-01-23, 08:37 AM
Roy is arsenio hall
Haley is cavin from gummi bears
Elan is a mix of either melissa joan hart or will fredelle (not how i met your mother )
Belkar is ted (how i met your mother )
Durkon is mr crabbs
And varsuvius is bart simpson