PDA

View Full Version : Adventurer's School D&D5E (IC)

felgrimm
2014-11-12, 11:02 PM
http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/s381/Joseph_Gatewood/fantasytown_zps3e2070cb.jpg

The Forest Kingdom of Cormyr lies at the western end of the Sea of Fallen Stars, nestled between the Storm Horns and the Thunder Peaks and stretching from the Stonelands to the Dragonmere. Dominated by humankind, Cormyr has been ruled by House Obarskyr for over fourteen centuries, with the strong backing of an army of heavily armored knights on Cormyrian destriers and magically potent war mages.

Due to the fact that Cormyr depends heavily on their army to keep the peace in the land, they have built a school south of the Storm Horns near the Dragon Coast between Suzail and Proskur to actively train the youth from local and even far away lands as potential recruits.

You have been attending the various classes of the school for several years now and are on the cusp of graduation to either seek your fortune out in the world or if you are very lucky, gain admittance into Cormyr's standing army as a soldier or field agent.

Every day for the past couple of years, you have been trained in specific studies suited to your skills, although everyone is required to train atleast one hour per day in combat exercise and limited weapons training.

Akky has been training with the resident priestess Nilandra, human cleric of Sune, Goddess of Beauty.

Mal trains with a traveling monk by the name of Erramar who travels to the school once a week from his monestary a days journey to the west. When Erramar isn't around Mal practices with Lord Giald, a retired Purple Dragon Knight who teaches weapon skills and various other forms of combat.

Akeloth has been training with High Sage Jerokin, former War Wizard to the crown. Jerokin is not a warlock, but is very knowledgeable of magic in general and helps Akeloth maintain focus of his "Gift" in hopes of helping the Tiefling prepare for the future and learn more about the differences in their magic.

Eradelle studies under the tutelage of Huntress Deanna, who teaches ranged attacks in just about any form, but also stealth and some slight of hand as well.

Asthea, being somewhat of a jack of all trades, studies under all of the tutors during the course of the day as well as being trained by Arwen, a traveling minstrel who travels through weekly on business he never quite seems to explain, although people whisper that he happens to be one of the legendary Harpers. Arwen chuckles when he hears the tales, but he never confirms or denies any of the claims.

Today you find yourself at the end of a grueling training session with Giald. Since many in your class are close to graduating, he has been pushing you hard in hopes that you are ready for your 'Exams'. As your training session comes to a close, Headmaster Gareth comes in, seeking council with the warrior. Giald nods to Gareth, turning back to you with a friendly smile, "Remember everything you have been taught up to this point, it will save you in a difficult situation one day. Dismissed! You are excused, go bath, get some grub and rest up."

cavalieredraghi
2014-11-12, 11:16 PM
Mal bows to Giald and turns to leave.

"Thank you master. " Mal starts to follow the other trainees, for a time as he looks for his chance to leave the group, to find a seclude spot to continue his training on his own.

ncpunkin
2014-11-12, 11:39 PM
Eradelle (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=55384) sat lazily in a small alcove, breathing a little heavier then normal, but trying to relax his exerted body. His eyes spotted the headmaster, and he dutifully slipped to standing position in respect. His head bowed slightly to his tutor, as they were dismissed. Even though Eradelle was strongly curious as to what the two veterans of the school had to speak about. He quelled the burning questions and set out to the forest. He had planned a hunt today, but the grueling training would force it to be a short hunt.

Lowmoan
2014-11-13, 12:53 AM
Esthea keeps pace with the trainees as they leave the training area, though her arms fare worse than her legs from training today. As she crosses her strained limbs, she ponders the image of the archetypal hero in the stories she grew up with and repeat still. They were tall, brawny, and generally men. Not frequently did wandering minstrels sing songs of a scrawny half-elf girl. She shakes her head. No sense in lamenting what she is not.

The Bard locks step with her Tiefling compatriot, Akeloth. She feels like indulging in his strange company, partly because of the camaraderie of being a student of the arcane among warriors, partly because of the entertainment value inherent in his unique perspective.

"So, speak to the Unspeakable One lately? You two must have big plans for after our graduation."

Funktastic Dog
2014-11-13, 05:33 AM
Akeloth had been jogging at a nice, time pace. Despite being so scrawny, he was fairly nimble, and surprisingly hardy. As soon as he was excused from class, he donned his yellow robes, picking up his staff and strolling out of the room, bits of his robe flailing behind him. He'd been meaning to catch up on the old necronomicon, (it helped clear his head, literally,) when the bard approached him.

"Why hello there Esthea! Quite quite. I've been planning on trying to dig up some of his old relics. But he keeps filling my head with visions, lately it's been of twin suns, black stars, and the dark void of eternity." He gave a hearty laugh at this. "What a rascal! And of you, what plans do you have? Bringing your songs all over the world, perhaps?"

Lowmoan
2014-11-13, 11:12 AM
Esthea laughs and shakes her head, both at Akeloth and in response to him.

"Not quite yet. I've been thinking of this one old tale, of the Bard With Nothing To Say. He was a skilled musician, and after he witnessed a huge battle near his hometown, he traveled the land singing about it. Before long, of course, his audience wanted to hear of something new. By then, the Bard had made his living singing that one song, and so had no chance to hear of any new events about which to sing. Depending on the teller of the tale, the Bard either dies copperless and alone or goes on some big adventure to find his voice again. Either way, it's a fate I'm keen to avoid. Being a Bard is only half about telling stories; it's also about living them. That's why I'm here, I suppose."

As they walk near the kitchens, Esthea catches a whiff of the stew just starting.

"Now if you'll excuse me, I need to see if I can do a favor for Old Nell in the kitchen, so that she owes me one by suppertime!"

Funktastic Dog
2014-11-13, 11:54 AM
Akeloth listened intently to the story and nodded, his staff clicking on the pavement as they walked.

"Sad story you have told me friend. But I am glad you are trying to improve your situation. I will try not to proselytize too much, but when I seek out inspiration, I look towards my necronomicon pages. If you would like to read it, just tell me."

As Esthea walks away, he nods.

"I will see you later then!" A voice whispers into her brain, as he slowly proceeded to his rooms to study.

cavalieredraghi
2014-11-13, 03:41 PM
Thanks to Mal size, and his abilities to hide, he manage to slip away fairly easily. He climbed one of the mountainous hills behind the school, where he knew of a cave. As soon as he entered he worked on the entrance setting up traps to alert him when someone was possibly entering. As he toiled on the trap, he thought to himself.
Common Tools of my people Stealth and Traps. No I was raised by Dragonborn not kolbolds. Must always remember that.

When he finished he delved deeper into the cave never needing a light thanks to natural abilities. He ventured on till he found the stalagmite where he trained, the rock was worn down with repeated beating. The area in line with his kicks worn smooth, while the are of his punches flat and friction-less. Here he continue to trained as next to him lay a small pool of water big enough for Mal to relax in easily but for anything bigger not so much.

[roll0]

ncpunkin
2014-11-14, 12:48 AM
Eradelle (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=55384) set out on his own, but stopped shortly after entering the forest. He spotted the small kobold and smiled to himself. I bet he is heading to train. The wood elf followed behind at a distance. Trying to keep his contact with the kolbold, until he made it to his training ground. There he chuckled to himself as he watched the diligence of the creature. After a moment he headed in the other direction. Eradelle hefted his bow and started to scout the woods for signs of food and wild vegetables, hoping to find enough to feed two. Soon, he found a game path, and laid his trap out. Then almost instantly set out to locate any herbs and hopefully some potatoes.

Stealth [roll0]
Laid out a trap along a traveled trail - Dex 13
Damage - [roll1]
Hunting (Favored Terrain)
Nature - [roll2]

felgrimm
2014-11-15, 08:00 PM
Esthea:
Making her way to the kitchen, Esthea finds Nell stirring a large pot of beef stew she has been slow cooking all day. As she catches a glimpse of Esthea she calls out to her, "Esthea darling, come give Nell a hand!" As Esthea comes forward, Nell grabs her by the shoulders and looks her up and down appraisingly, "Child, you been eating? You need some meat on those bones! How are you going to fight off all those men fighting over you?" Nell begins to cackle with laughter as she stops her teasing and pulls Esthea over to the pot. "Come try my stew, it's my mother's recipe!"

Akeloth:
Akeloth made it to his room and began to study the pages of his book, seconds becoming minutes, then an hour had passed. A tingling sensation began to bother him, seemingly coming directly from behind his eyes. Almost becoming dizzy, he begins to hear whispers he cannot make out directly inside his brain. A feeling of great dread comes over him before it slowly all begins to fade away, leaving no trace or explanation of the why or what had just taken place inside of him.

Eradelle:
Eradelle ended up being decently successful in his hunt, only finding a couple of potatoes unfortunately, but did find several herbs and coming back to check his trap finds a very large plump hare caught in it. He froze for a second, cocking his head as he thought he heard something traveling through the forest, but staying very quiet and listening, doesn't hear anything else. Perhaps his mind is playing tricks on him.

Mal:
Mal continued to train at his chosen stalagmite, kick, kick, punch, punch, punch, roundhouse kick and another jab to the 'face' as it were before coming to a pause to catch his breath for a moment. As he took his fighting stance to begin his next set of attacks, he heard a small click and then the muted sound of his trap going off, alerting him to the fact that he was not alone in this particular cave anymore.

ncpunkin
2014-11-15, 09:49 PM
Eradelle would keep his ears keen as he held his bow with an arrow half cocked. His elven eyes would scan the forest around his snare. He had learned to be aware if his senses alerted him. Even if it turned to be a false scare it would be one of many more, instead of him being unaware once. He came to the trapped hare's form and put his longbow over his should and drew his dagger. Dropping to his knee, he moved one hand to check the hare's vital spot. He seemed ready to give the creature a thanks if it would allow him to be nourished tonight, but it would only be appearance. His eyes looked up and he turned to look behind himself quickly, his hand ready to throw the dagger at the first sign of danger.

Using passive perception.
Approached the trapped creature and crouch.
Ready an action to throw dagger.
Possible Action:
Dagger Thrown: [roll0] Damage [roll1]
If not a threat throw the dagger to the tree nearest the target.

Lowmoan
2014-11-15, 10:33 PM
Esthea tasted the stew from the long wooden spoon. She smacked her lips in an exaggeration of what tasting looked like, and rolled her eyes with pleasure.

"Oh, Nell, it's perfect! Out of everything I've come to find familiar at this school, I know I shall miss your cooking the most."

A sudden wave of doubt chased the smile from her face.

"It's hard to believe that my time here is nearly over. I've learned so much about my music, and the things I can do with it. Still, when I think about going out into the world again, all I can imagine is being back on the streets of Suzail. Am I just the same scared girl I was then? I feel that, as soon as I walk out of these doors I'll be just as desperate, just as helpless as before."

felgrimm
2014-11-15, 10:50 PM
Esthea:
Nell was grinning until Esthea began to doubt herself yet again, "Child, I will beat you with every spoon I have if you keep that up! I've watched you go from a scared child to a much more confident young woman over the last few years. You'll do fine when you leave this place, trust me."

She envelopes Esthea in a massive hug before sending her on her way. "Food will be ready soon, go wash up." She gives a grin and a wink before turning back to her cooking.

Eradelle:
Despite crouching motionless for what seemed like an hour, Eradelle could hear or see nothing in the area that he might consider a threat. Either figment of his imagination or just something passing through, there was no trace of it now.

cavalieredraghi
2014-11-15, 11:01 PM
Mal looks to the cave entrance as he slinks into the shadows, watching who ever was coming into the cave. If he was lucky it was just an animal.

I am wondering if i can gain Advantage since Mal had set up the trap to alert him

if so

First
[roll0]

second

[roll1]

ncpunkin
2014-11-16, 12:09 AM
Shifts after about a hour and rolls his shoulders, Another moment lost in thought. He mused and then checked to see if his trap had been trapped by another, before prying it loose and picking it back up, Gotta clean it this time. He thought, before tying the dead animal to his backpack and began to set off. His hand holding his dagger hidden against his arm as if he had sheathed it.

Action
Perception Check (Looking to see if my haul has been trapped by another): 1d20+5
Stand and start to move back towards where I know the Kolbold is training and back to passive.

Funktastic Dog
2014-11-16, 05:06 PM
Akeloth felt dizzy, staring down at the necronomicon and deciding from his lack of memory of the last four hours that he had done his research. He laid back down in bed, and still feeling uneasy about what he had... or rather... hadn't remembered seeing, cast Tasha's Hideous Laughter on himself, and chuckled himself to sleep.

felgrimm
2014-11-16, 11:31 PM
Mal:
Mal crept back up towards the front of the cave entrance, being as quiet as possible as not to be detected. Stopping at his trap, he sees it has been tripped, but as he sits quietly and breaths softly, peering around to possibly detect what might have set it off, he sees nothing out of the ordinary. After many minutes have passed and coming to the conclusion that it was possibly set off by a rodent of some kind or a quick hard wind, he reaches forward to reset the trap and is suddenly tackled from behind. Mal struggles to get into a better position for this fight and rolls forward and away before coming back up into his fighting stance before someone begins laughing. He knew the voice and the familiar laughter immediately! Master Erramar stood before him, a very muscular built dwarf with tanned skin from all the time he spent outside in the sun. His laughter dying down, he steps forward and bows to Mal, "Hello my student, practicing again I see, you will be my finest pupil yet."

Eradelle:
Eradelle reaches the cave that Mal had often gone to for practicing his skills. Creeping up towards the outside of the cave, he hears voices coming from inside.

"Hello my student, practicing again I see, you will be my finest pupil yet."

Akeloth:
Akeloth was having odd nightmares.... nightmares of skulls and odd creatures, and somewhere a stag was mixed in there as well. Those gave way to a sinking sensation, as if he were falling through the ground to somewhere deep below. Then the whispers came, one and then many, in the silence, but still unintelligible for some reason. There was a sudden pressure on his chest, keeping him from breathing, and still the whispers came... The whispers had a warning tone to them, but a warning of what?

He wouldn't find out right now, as he gasped and woke up with a start, almost falling off the bed. His necronomicon had been sitting directly on his chest... had he fell asleep that way?

cavalieredraghi
2014-11-16, 11:44 PM
Master! Mal kneels and then bows his head to the dwarf. While in his position of submission.
You humble me with your words Master. How was your trip to the monastery?

Lowmoan
2014-11-17, 12:19 AM
Esthea smiled as she submerged the washcloth in the basin of hot water, feeling the warmth wash over her hands.

Make sure to clean behind your ears.

It was something her mother used to say. A long forgotten memory, triggered by the comparative luxury of the shared washroom in the school back when she had first arrived. Regular bathing still seemed like such a luxury to her, to the chagrin of some of her schoolmates. She did as she had been asked, scrubbing behind her faintly pointed ears, humming to herself. The acoustics in the washroom were fantastic. The happy melody bounced around the otherwise empty space.

As Esthea walked back to her room, she heard a muffled noise coming from behind a door to what she seemed to recall was Akeloth's room.

Dead of night, what spooks and sprites may fill your dreams with dreadful fright?

The beginnings of an old poem which seemed particularly applicable. Curious more than concerned, Esthea put an ear to the door.

ncpunkin
2014-11-17, 12:23 AM
Would watch the exchange with a chuckle, his elven eyes watching their form with interest. He had always enjoyed the distant company he found in the kobold, though most of their meals were shared in silence. He had learned to appreciate the mere sturdiness of his will. The exchange would be very interesting to watch, but he was never one to eavesdrop on a private moment. He shrugged, He knows I will cook. After a moment of walking he found the small grove he had made to cook. The trees backed away from this spot due to the rock growing under it and large natural fireplace had been easily made. The wood elf set to building a fire with use of tinder and tinderbox. After the fire was burning, he spent sometime skinning and preparing the hares Once that was done he placed the pot over the fire on a hook, hanging from a small ground mounted stand. The large hare had to be quartered to fit on the rotisserie he had designed, but soon he had the creature spinning and the herbs and potatoes slowly cooking.

Pepz
2014-11-18, 04:35 AM
"You really should be more deft on your feet, Agsdar. You might have a thick head, but it shouldn't serve as your go-to defence against the training swords" Nilandra finished dabbing the large welt behind Akky's ear with her salve, then put down the cloth. "I guess you're fine for now. I'll make some more for tomorrow's training."

"If anyone here has the right to call me Akky, it's you, so please do. If it was your plan to be mortal enemies, we've really started on the wrong foot here." Akky glanced at the flail on the wall. The beautiful priestess might be caring and nice to almost all, but she could be a real terror with her choice of weapon. "I'll think I'll go ask Leon if there's any letters for me today" Akky smiled at Nilandra, thanked her for her good care and went out to find the clerk who had the glorious position of handling the incoming mail.

felgrimm
2014-11-18, 10:03 PM
Mal:
The dwarf chuckled, as was common for the merry monk. "Visits to the monastery are always good, my brothers fare well and pass on their greetings. I'm only here for a quick visit this week though, I have some pressing business to the west. I hear your final tests are coming up in the next few days. I have all confidence in your ability to succeed. Perhaps after all is said and done, you can come to the monastery for a visit!"

Esthea:
As Esthea places her ear upon the door, she hears Akeloth choking for air and then a loud gasp followed by sounds of heavy breathing.

Akky:
"The mails been arriving late the last few days, but if you have anything you'll be the first to know," Leon said as he gave Akky a big smile. "The dinner bell should be ringing any moment, you should head on out to the dining room."

cavalieredraghi
2014-11-18, 11:04 PM
Mal sits by the pool of the water, as he stares into it thinking about his answer. He finally responded, I would be pleased to meet my fellow brothers, but. Once I graduate, I will want to start trying to find that Blue.

Funktastic Dog
2014-11-19, 05:32 PM
Akeloth remained having pleasant nightmares, sleeping in and filling his mind with terrible thoughts to get himself ready for the exam tomorrow.

Pepz
2014-11-20, 04:33 AM
"Thanks, Leon. Do you want me to say anything to Lissa?"
"Just tell her I said hi. Oh, and that I'll be at the pond at sunset."
Akky smiled to himself as he headed towards the dining hall. The bells weren't ringing yet, but you could trust Leon on knowing exactly when his girlfriend was too busy to think about him by herself.

The dining hall was filling up with people who, like Akky, had come early to get the food when it was still hot. Half the seats were filled up with students and teachers talking and playing games. In the back, a student was so focused on the pretty girl walking behind him that he didn't notice his beer toppling off the table and hitting him right in the stones and rod. The table burst out in laughter as the student curled up in pain. A second wave of laughter came when the student stood up, saw his wet pants and what it looked like happened. The student ran off, and the rest couldn't snap out of the laughter, giggling whenever they looked at each other.

Akky looked around. Surely there must be someone he knew.

felgrimm
2014-11-20, 10:37 PM
Mal:
Erramar's tone becomes more serious as he understand the pain in Mal's thoughts. "I understand lad, and I'll do my best to make sure you are ready when that happens too."

Erramar bows and offers to spar with Mal for a while before he has to leave, having been in a bit of a hurry, but always willing to spare time for his students. After their sparring session, he bids Mal a good night and wishes him luck over the next few days.

Eradelle:
Eradelle was cooking when Master Erramar came out of the cave, Mal following behind. "I hope I didn't put a fright in you earlier lad, I knew someone was out there, but I didn't have time to find out who it was." Erramar winks and bows to Mal and Eradelle and heads off into the night, heading for the road that leads west towards Proskur.

Everyone:
Each of you do your own thing for the night, be it in town or out, having dinner and eventually heading to your rooms to sleep. As you wake the next morning and get out of bed, you each see a slip of parchment that has been slipped under your door in the night. The parchment states that today will be the start of your exams to show what you have learned. If you graduate, you will receive gear and money to start you on your way to your choice of career, be it with Cormyr's forces or anything else you may choose. Furthermore the parchment requests you get dressed and come to the meal hall for breakfast and for a meeting with Headmaster Garith, who will place you into teams before you take your final exams.

cavalieredraghi
2014-11-21, 12:06 AM
Mal was up early, he always was up at the crack of dawn. He awoke this time like the many hundred before. He awoke in a cold sweat due to his nightmares of his clan. Despite the time, Mal after brushing his scales, went straight to the mess hall. Most likely one of the first students there Mal waited silently and patiently.

ncpunkin
2014-11-21, 12:28 AM
Eradelle turned at the sound of approaching footsteps, but the firelight let him see their stature, and he smiled with his arms spread. "Welcome to the glade, Master." He tilted his head and nodded his understanding, "It is fine, Master. It gave me time to introspect." He turned and offered the Dwarf a spot near the fire were three bowls of food would be waiting. Two had strands of meat, but that was pretty much its consistency. While the other was loaded with potatoes and leafy herbs, seasoned with more.

He would even insist at one point, "Master, I have more meat then what I can possibly consume, please take some." He had wrapped a chunk to preserve and offered it to the Dwarf. Once he had seen the dwarf off he sat down and grabbed his bowl, "Potatoes, but mostly herbs." He eat his food slowly and watched the fire trying to sense his eating companions mood.

Once he was finished he placed the bowl into a bucket of water and stirred it slowly. He raised his hand when the Kobold was done, offering to clean the other bowl as well. Finally he asked the question on his mind, "How was your training with Master Erramar?"

After the night ended he gave his farewells to his friend and decided to sleep in a bed tonight making use of the Ranger School's cottages. His eyes were heavy as he slipped into his designated cot and actually tried sleeping. He held a sheathed dagger under his pillow as he slept, but attempted to sleep peacefully.

The morning brought the slip of paper, which was read over carefully. He casually slipped his gear on, but made sure it was fit to form and looked clean cut. His daggers were in view, but easily tuck-able if he felt out of place. It was near impossible to hide his longbow, though. Breakfast was a welcome sight as he sauntered in.

His stomach growled, while he piled as much food as he could get away with on his plate. "Thank you." he said to the server in Elven. Finding a spot in the corner, he began to eat his weight in eggs and bacon. But making sure to get some fruit and grain to boost his energy and fortitude. His eyes would scan for his friend, but not as hard as he was watching for the Headmaster. He chuckled at his sudden realization of anxiety, but then sudden anticipation for today's events. He had to remember to remain calm.

Prefer to arrive a like just after breakfast has started, once a small crowd of students, if any, has formed.
Looking for Headmaster Garith -[roll0]
Looking for Mal - [roll1]

cavalieredraghi
2014-11-21, 12:38 AM
Mal as not to hard to spot to trying to hide this time, but if not for the Elf's sense Mal would have seemed to drown in the wave of tall folk. mal was sitting another corner chewing on an apple, when he saw Eradelle, looking at him, he got up and joined his companion.

I am sorry for not speaking much last night, but my training did go well thank you for asking. Do you have any ideas what our final exam will entail?

ncpunkin
2014-11-21, 01:03 AM
Eradelle waved his friends concern away with a smile, "I understand." He shifted the chair out and began to eat an apple as well, "As for today's test, I am not sure, but I know it will test everything we have learned in our time here." He sat back and thought a moment, "I am sure it will be very cunning if Huntress Deanna is involved." A thought crossed his mind and it probably registered in his demeanor, but it was filed away as he took another bite.

Funktastic Dog
2014-11-21, 04:54 PM
KRAKOOM!

Thunder booms from right outside the hall, and all the candles turn purple. The doors to the meal hall bursts open, and the silhouette of a figure, robes whipping in the wind stands behind the door, his eyes bright red.

"TREMBLE WITH FEAR MORTALS, FOR THE TIME OF JUDGEMENT IS UPON YE." the figure booms, before he pulls down his hood. "Did I get any of you guys?" Akeloth says, grinning as the room returns to normal, sauntering into the mess hall.

"You gotta love Thaumaturgy, how are you chaps doing today?"

cavalieredraghi
2014-11-21, 10:02 PM
Mal was not fooled, as he just stared quietly at the Warlock. Mal seemed to always pierce through his "illusions." His stare did not divert from the Warlock till he was asked a question from someone else, or some one new joined these forming group.

ncpunkin
2014-11-22, 12:04 AM
Eradelle would turn to look at the door, eating his apple as he smiled. His eyes turned to notice his friend staring at the warlock in that way. His eyes looked over as he grabbed a orange for the road and then an apple for the return trip. "I hope we get started soon."

felgrimm
2014-11-22, 02:48 PM
After everyone has entered the meal hall and had breakfast, Headmaster Garith comes in, taking a position at the front and with a quick magical word enhances his voice to carry over the whole room.

"You all represent the first graduating class of this school, a bold idea brought to fruition by high officials of Cormyr, willing to take risks on young talented individuals such as yourselves. I am proud to have known each and every one of you and to be here over the years to see each of you grow into the adults you have become. Recently we sent scouts out in all directions to look for and set up challenges for you to test yourselves as worthy of the graduation benefits of this school. We will be dividing you up into teams to test your abilities in a fair but challenging manner."

Garith gathers at the front of the room, comparing lists with the various faculty of the school and begins announcing various teams, who move to sit together in preparation for their exams. In total there are thirty one graduating students who are grouped into teams of five each, having had one left over.

"... and last but not least, for the final team, we have one extra, which will make a team of six. Esthea, Mal, Agsdar, Faeven, Eradelle and Akeloth."

Faeven sits nearby, an elven wizard in training, pompous and haughty, but full of promise if Jerokin is to be believed.

Faeven looks over, first at Mal and then Akeloth with distaste. "Great, i'm on the freak squad...."

cavalieredraghi
2014-11-22, 02:57 PM
Mal turns to Faeven, his face cool and collected. First rule of combat Wizard dies first. Now unless you want to see this a reality, We should all get along with each other, Faeven.
His face was calm, and emotionless while he looked at Faeven. While underneath Mal was ok with most of the selection, though this pompous ass was, he felt, going to be a problem.

Lowmoan
2014-11-22, 04:54 PM
Esthea hacked up bits of muffin at the Kobold's threatening words. Despite his race traditionally serving the role of faceless monsters to be slain in the old tales, Mal was a good sort. Hero material even. She could even understand how his unique life would make him prone to being defensive, but the last thing she needed was open hostility between a living weapon and a slinger of fireballs that were supposed to have her back. With a dash, she put herself between the pair.

"Aha! Our Mal! He has a real way with words. What I think he meant to say is that there are two kinds of people in the world. Some survive by becoming tough. Others survive by being NICE to people who are tough!"

With this she gave the wizard a hard look. He seemed the type more likely to respond to an appeal towards his reason than his feelings. Esthea had long ago noticed that it was the smart ones who held on hardest to their bad ideas.

"We all have to have each other's backs out in the world. Let's be nice to each other's fronts, m'kay?"

Esthea took another bite of muffin as punctuation and backed away from the two, taking up position nearby by leaning on a table.

ncpunkin
2014-11-22, 05:07 PM
Eradelle would sit at attention near his compatriot as the rules and purposes of their final test would be. He grinned at the hearing of his assigned squad, "Perfe.." He stopped mid-word as the quip from the wizard hit his ear. He had never been very fond of the wizard, but held a peer respect that was now being strained.

"You may be right, Esthea."

The ranger dropped the apple core into bowl of discardings and looked at Faevan, before chuckling to himself. "Guess who gets the gristle and stalks?" The wood-elf whispered to his friend, before he sat back with a smile. He looked up towards the Headmaster wondering his reaction to the slight outburst, but waiting for their assignment now with much interest.

cavalieredraghi
2014-11-22, 05:52 PM
No I ment exactly what I said, Unless we all can get along we may die. I am willing to work with everyone here, and watch their backs as if they were my clan. Even you, so Faeven can you do that? Mal then turned to his elven friends, and ***** his head to the side slightly confused.

Grisle and Stock?

Funktastic Dog
2014-11-22, 05:54 PM
Akeloth looked around to see his group, and hearing Faevens comment about them being freaks, burst into laughter.

"By the Unspeakable One, Faeven, you're such a joker!", he said, wiping his eyes of the tears. "No need to worry guys, it's just Faeven, he's such a cad." he said, slapping him on the back playfully. "In Jerokins class, he's always joking about how "insane" my "twisted heathen mind" is. he said, laughing some more. "This is a really good group, should be fun! Anyway, we really should prepare for our exams."

ncpunkin
2014-11-22, 05:55 PM
Raises his hand and shakes his head, "Forget it Friend, Continue."

Pepz
2014-11-23, 07:12 AM
Akky had joined his friends from the night before, a friendly group of fellow with a good sense of humour. Even if some of the humour relied on excrement at times. Sadly, they were picked as a group excluding Akky. Instead, he found himself grouped up with a couple of elves, a tiefling and a kobold. He'd seen them around, obviously, but they always seemed to be in other classes or talking to each other. He had spoken to the ranger and the bard once, but he couldn't quite remember what about.

As he sat down with his new team mates, a definite air of conflict hung between one elf and the rest of the group. Akky decided to position himself somewhere in the middle. "It seems we'll be working together, friends. You can call me Akky. Only the headmaster keeps insisting in using my formal names" He sighed, then smiled. From across the table Faeven looked at him with disdain. Apparently the elf wasn't used to people having formal names and friend names... "What task do you think we'll be assigned? I bet it's something to do with bandits"

felgrimm
2014-11-23, 02:10 PM
Garith and the other faculty look on with an amused and interested tone as the exchange occurs between several of the students, apparently they are used to bickering from time to time and until it turns to violence, allow the students to try and work it out themselves.

Stepping forward, Garith focuses his attention on the different groupings seated around the hall, clearing his throat to gain attention again. "As is customary with every group, members must rely on each other in pressing times. They must watch each others backs as well as their own. Your groupings might seem a little odd to you, or slightly unbalanced, but such is the nature of it all. You might never know who you are traveling with or what you might face together. Enemies are easy to find, friends..... much harder. Teams normally appoint one of their own to speak as leader for the group at times and you are no different. Choose amongst yourselves and give us your leader by midday, by then we will have your assignments ready and you will be heading out to complete them.... hopefully."

Funktastic Dog
2014-11-23, 04:21 PM
Akeloth perked his pointy ears as he heard of leadership. He pushed his eybrows together, his lips forming a tight line, his face in deep concentration.

"Hrm... leadership. That's a tough one. he said looking around the group. "Well, being quite frank, and you'll have to excuse me you two, but I don't think Mal of Faeven is fit to run at this particular moment." He said, offering a sympathetic smile to both of them. "And, you, Eradelle, are a ranger, a lone wolf." He nodded, before looking over to Akky and Esthea. "I haven't spent much time with you, Akky, but Dwarves definitely have the wisdom to lead. And then there's you, Esthea, and having known you for long enough, we all knowhow personable you are... This is a difficult decision indeed."

Pepz
2014-11-23, 05:03 PM
Listening to Akeloth, Akky's face, usually set in a genial smile, turned to a serious frown. "Aye, leadership is a tricky thing indeed. A good leader in a group like this should be well-liked and quick-witted, I think. Although I appreciate your support of my dwarven wisdom" He smiled at that "I don't think I'd be fit to handle the leadership of this group. I've had enough of leadership in the last decennium to last me for the next century. Plus, a dwarf leading a group of elves? When's the last time the world's seen that? I think Akeloth here made an excellent point. Esthea, would you be willing to be our team leader?"

He'd seen Akeloth's face before, only a year or two ago, when Kromtak and Rogo proposed he try take over his brother's place in the clan after they'd been drinking for a day or two. Although this tiefling could never know the suble intriges within the Brinebrawler clan, his look gave Akky a nasty shiver along his spine. No malevolence here, but just the question was enough. Better get some drinks for the group and see if they'd be decided when he returned.

"Drinks anyone? First round's on me!" He smiled.

cavalieredraghi
2014-11-23, 05:11 PM
I don't drink, but thank you Akky. Mal nodded to the dwarf in a show of respect and thanks.

I agree with everyone, the leader should someone who is willing, and someone who has the the knowledge for this task. Then Esthea you are the on best suited for this, given you have trained with all of us, and know each of our different skill sets.

ncpunkin
2014-11-23, 07:06 PM
Eradelle stands up and nods, "Esthea is a wise decision and it will make a most excellent tale." The wood elf began to move towards the exit, "I'll be near the targets, last minute practice.". Eradelle wouldn't wait for much more discussion as he seemed a little preoccupied. Once in the open grounds he began to walk towards the forested archery range, hoping to maybe see Huntress Deanna before the task at hand. He checked behind himself ever so often, but maintained a quick pace off in a familiar direction.

If the Huntress was there he would walk up and greet her quickly with a smile, "Morning, Deanna. I have a question, if you're so inclined." The wood elf would walk up and assist if she was doing something, but would otherwise relax with her. "Do you have any information about the tasks that the scouts found for the students?"

If she wasn't in her normal area near the ranger training camp the ranger would collect his longbow and begin firing his quiver of arrows down range at the four targets in quick random succession. His training coming to show as he didn't let himself get used to the angle and distance.

Four Targets (1,2,3,4)
1,1,1 [roll0],[roll1],[roll2]
2,2,2 [roll3],[roll4],[roll5]
3,3,3,3 [roll6],[roll7],[roll8],[roll9]
4,4 [roll10],[roll11]

Funktastic Dog
2014-11-23, 11:13 PM
Akeloth nodded in agreement with the others and looked over at Esthea. "It seems we've found our leader!" he grinned and slapped her on the back, clicking his staff on the ground as he nodded towards Akky. "Oh and if you don't feel like being a leader... I would be perfectly fine with taking that role! he gave a friendly smile, speaking telepathically to Esthea. Now, lets get a little drunk!" the Tiefling hopped up, the door opening by itself as he sauntered out of the room.

As they walked out, he noticed some newbie archers training, and winked back at his companions, pointing his staff at one of the targets and casting an eldritch blast, a bright yellow streak of energy, at one of the targets. "Heads up!"

[roll0][roll1]

Funktastic Dog
2014-11-23, 11:14 PM
[roll0][roll1]

Lowmoan
2014-11-24, 01:38 AM
Esthea opened her mouth to form an objection several times while each of her companions voiced their support for her, albeit some more enthusiastically than others. She had a strong mental image of a noble and imposing man in a suit of armor at the front of a legion of troops, and then replaced the man with her, struggling just to escape the oversized armor. Then again, what had Garith actually said?

...to speak as leader...

And why not? No one was really demanding that she bark orders in the middle of a heated battle; only that she be the voice for their merry band. A voice she had, and was very proud of. A voice she could be.

"I, ah. I accept, if such a thing is up to me! I won't disappoint you all," she said, before her schoolmates began to leave. Finally it was only her and Faeven, the only one not to throw her name into the arena. Whether or not he even knew her name, she didn't know. She had heard a little of the Elf's prowess, but little of the man behind the magic. Her first impression was one of arrogance, but perhaps his attitude was not a permanent one. Best to play sympathetic until one had more information.

"And you, Faeven? Are you comfortable with me filling this role? The others seem confident enough, but I don't even know what you know of me."

cavalieredraghi
2014-11-24, 01:22 PM
Mal just sat in the shadows. The bard thought he was gone and he was not going to try and make her think otherwise. He did not listen to the conversation, but for now it was the only one going on, so he had little choice in the matter.

[roll0]

Funktastic Dog
2014-11-24, 04:53 PM
(That's under my passive perception, so I'm going to assume I see him)

After he cast the rather inneffective bolt of energy, he peeked back in and saw Mal, trying to hide in the shadows and gave him a sorta pitied smile. "Oh don't be so dramatic, who are you hiding from!" he spoke into his mind. "Now come on, let's go get some drinks"

Pepz
2014-11-25, 02:52 AM
Lissa looked tired today. Her eyes seemed only half open and Akky thought he saw several red spots in her neck. "Good date last night, Lissa?" She jumped at his voice, looked around and calmed down when she saw it was Akky asking. "Yeah, it was fun. Went to bed a bit late, I suppose" Akky laughed. "You should tell Leon to give you a break when you have an early shift, Lis. I'll make it easy for you, give me two mead and two ales"

He returned to the table with the drinks. "The mead's for the elves, I figured you'd like a beer, Akeloth"

cavalieredraghi
2014-11-25, 05:09 PM
Mal just brushes his hand at Akeloth, in a sign telling him to leave, as he tries to do better at hiding.

[roll0]

GAHHHHH!!!!!!

felgrimm
2014-11-25, 11:31 PM
Favean rolls his eyes and shrugs at Esthea, "Whatever, let's just get this over with so we can graduate."

Garith is happy to hear your choice of leader. "Esthea will make a fine leader for your group, and i'm sure you will be successful. You have a good group here with much skill. I don't think you will be disappointing anyone with your results. Here is your first assignment, make haste and complete it quickly and come back for further instructions."

He handed a scroll to Esthea, on which a map of the area is drawn. To the east, roughly 30 miles away is a X next to a small village named Trezik tucked under the Giant's Run Mountains, halfway between Eversult and Teziir. A scribbled note at the bottom of the scroll tells you to check in with Yrena at the Gnoll's Head Inn and Tavern when you get there.

Funktastic Dog
2014-11-27, 05:53 PM
Akeloth pulled the map out of Esthea's hands impatiently after waiting for her to analyse it. He looked over at it and then to the rest of the group.

"Well, it seems we know where we can get drinks from. As we said in my old cult, it's like performing two rituals with one goat!" he said, skipping away with the map in the direction of the X, leaving the group with only one option. To follow him.

(You guys are being way too slow)

ncpunkin
2014-11-28, 10:46 AM
Eradelle finished his short training session and spent some time loosening his muscles, before waiting at the gate out of the school. His eyes caught sight of Akeloth coming from the mess hall, He seems in a hurry. He sighed and looked at his half eaten apple.

When the group came up to him, Eradelle waved to them from his spot under the shady tree. "Akeloth, you have our bearing?" He threw the now apple core down as he stood up and brushed himself off. The ranger walked to join them on the road, looking over the rest of the party. The wood-elf easily kept up with the excited warlock, despite his skipping gait and eager demeanor. Eradelle walked with the group for about five miles before moving to take a forward point position, a good hundred feet away from the group.

His elfish eyes scanning to and fro looking for anything hiding along the road. He wasn't overly concerned with danger, but that didn't stop him from having his bow drawn and loaded.

Perception Checks: [roll0]

cavalieredraghi
2014-11-28, 07:16 PM
Mal followed quietly, saying in the rear. He thought and about what they may find, what they may need to do. All the while he kept his eyes and ears to his surrounding.

[roll0]

Lowmoan
2014-11-29, 12:46 PM
Esthea quickly caught up with Akeloth as the group grabbed their essential gear and fell in line. Her pack was always stocked and ready to grab at a moment's notice; another old habit from the streets. She quickly strapped on her weapons and her lute and made for the front gates in time with the others.

Esthea began strumming as the group marched. She sang a song of travel, stopping only briefly as she passed each member of the group, in case they had anything to say to her.

cavalieredraghi
2014-11-30, 12:32 PM
Mal nods to there leader acknowledging he knew she was there, but he remained silent. He was not one for starting small talk.

felgrimm
2014-12-01, 11:28 PM
The group heads off to the east from the school towards Trezik, keeping watch all around for anything impeding their path. It was one of the main roads of Cormyr though and was pretty well patrolled, so nothing had happened of interest for the first few hours. Eradelle, scouting up front was the first one to see someone standing on the side of the road up ahead, and coming closer, saw that it was Deanna, who had been absent earlier when he had tried to find her at the school.

Drawing closer, the huntress greeted Eradelle with a bright smile, "I assumed you would be taking this path, sorry I was not there to see you off earlier today. I've been working with the scouts to assess the area and find suitable challenges for the graduating classes according to Garith's wishes. May I travel with you for a bit before I head back to the school? I may have a challenge for you to undertake before moving on." Deanna grins and waits patiently for your answer.

cavalieredraghi
2014-12-01, 11:35 PM
Mal bows to he teacher, and motions his arms, saying he would be alright if she joined the group. He then looked to the leader and the others to see if they would disagree or not.

ncpunkin
2014-12-02, 12:08 AM
Eradelle would spot his friend and mentor on the road, he lowered his bow and took the moment to relax. They had a huge power of numbers and he honestly felt more safe with a traveled hunter. "It is fine, it allowed me time to hone my aim before setting out." He nodded and smiled to the kobold as they began to move in a tighter group. His curiosity eventually ate its way out and the wood-elf broke in quickly, "What is this challenge you have? I thought we were being tested already."

Lowmoan
2014-12-02, 12:24 AM
Esthea raised an eyebrow at the arrival of the huntress. It was unexpected, but not terribly strange, she supposed. She replaced her surprise with a pleasant smile, at least outwardly.

"Indeed, and haste was mentioned as well. But if you believe we have time for both tasks, we would be glad to accept your challenge!"

felgrimm
2014-12-03, 09:28 PM
Deanna grins again and points off into the woods to the southeast. "I've been tracking a slight menace to the area and it just happens to be nearby right now. My challenge is this, track this beast and take care of it, I'll be nearby if you need any help."

cavalieredraghi
2014-12-03, 09:35 PM
Mal looks in the direction the ranger pointed. as he looks around the area trying to get a sense of where it may lead, and if any tracks were possibly visable.

What are we hunting? Goblins? Wolves?

[roll0]

ncpunkin
2014-12-03, 09:35 PM
Eradelle smiled at the sound of a hunt, "Like Esthea said, we should have plenty of time to take care of any menace to the area." He looked over at the rest and waited to see if they were up for a hunt.

Pepz
2014-12-04, 02:03 AM
Akky looks at the edge of the woods with a smile. "A menace to travellers you say? Exactly why I came to this school. Let's go find it!"

felgrimm
2014-12-06, 11:34 AM
What are we hunting? Goblins? Wolves?

Deanna winks at Mal, "I guess you will have to find out..." She looks to the southeast and almost as if on cue you hear a deep screeching bellow that chills your blood. To your knowledge, you've never heard anything like it.

ncpunkin
2014-12-06, 12:41 PM
The wood elf heard the screeching bellow rolling in from the southeast and smiled, "You always know how to make me smile, Deanna. Tell me at least this, does it have wings?"

He would await her answer then bid his farewell, "Safe travels, Huntress. We will bring back a trophy." He looked over at Esthea and the rest, "Come friends we should cover ground, I am interested to see this menace."

cavalieredraghi
2014-12-06, 12:50 PM
Mal follows the wood elf's footsteps, while keeping his eyes and ears peeled as always for the creature.

(ooc: I will just use my passive score 12)

felgrimm
2014-12-06, 05:13 PM
Deanna Ponders the question for a teasing moment before responding, "It does not, i'm sure as a team you will prevail. Take care students."

Funktastic Dog
2014-12-06, 10:11 PM
"We will do as you wish teacher!" Akeloth said cheerily, getting up and clicking his stick on the ground as he ran off towards the sound. "Now, first things first... lets find this beast... so I can blast it!" he said eagerly, looking around the forrest for any clues.

[/QUOTE][roll0]

ncpunkin
2014-12-07, 04:53 PM
Eradelle would travel some distance over the land. Attempting to gain a trail on the creature, while always moving towards any sounds that it would bellow out.

[roll0]

felgrimm
2014-12-07, 09:27 PM
You head into the forest, moving southeast and tracking the shrieking howl as it calls out from time to time. Before long, you come to a stop as Eradelle motions everyone to quiet. As you sit low in silence, you notice a lumbering creature resembling a large bear moving towards you slowly, it raises it's massive owl-like head and sniffs the wind before again giving it's screeching call into the night. As a light wind begins to blow, carrying your scent to the creature, it stops, staring in your direction before giving it's screeching howl once more and moving towards your position with purpose. Apparently the creature has decided to make you it's next meal.

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/s381/Joseph_Gatewood/Monster_Manual_5e_-_Owlbear_-_p249_zps4bf9046c.jpg

Eradelle [roll0]
Mal [roll1]
Esthea [roll2]
Akky [roll3]
Akeloth [roll4]
Owlbear [roll5]

ncpunkin
2014-12-07, 09:47 PM
Eradelle looks up in shock as the massive creature lumbers towards them, "He has our scent, we must strike fast and first." Eradelle stood up already notching an arrow. He pulled his bowstring back and then let it whistle away. The darkness swallowed the arrow in its flight, but the ranger was hoping his training would pay off. With that he moved back away from the creature staying low to the ground, attempting to appear like less of a threat.

Attack[roll0]Damage[roll1]Crit[roll2]
Move 35 feet into the woods to my back left putting a tree between me and the lumbering creature.

Lowmoan
2014-12-09, 09:34 AM
Esthea held back an instinctive gasp when she saw the creature. She had heard stories of Owlbears, of course, but most failed to do the creature's size justice. There were some tales that described them as being the size of houses, eating whole cattle in two bites. That was clearly an exaggeration, but Bards often oversold the facts of their stories in order to accurately describe the feelings. Esthea now felt that that particular exaggeration was warranted.

She looked at the creature, then at Mal, the smallest of them and yet the most likely to be charging headlong at the beast to engage it with his fists! It was inconceivable to her, but she could not deny the fact of it. And it would make a great story afterward. She plucked at her lute while softly chanting a quick spell. She drew the energy of the spell from the music, through her body, and finally into her hand, which briefly hummed with power. She touched Mal's shoulder, transferring the energy to him.

"I give you bravery," she muttered, before stepping back and putting the lute on her back.

Heroism: Mal is immune to fear and gets 3 temporary hit points at the beginning of each of his turns.

cavalieredraghi
2014-12-09, 01:36 PM
Mal stood there, but in a flash it seemed he took a stance as he dagger was drawn. First time he has ever been seen with a weapon other then his hands. He holds the dragontooth dagger close to his while his open hand was angled downward. In a burst of speed Mal rushed the Owlbear sweeping at it with his dagger and then a jump as he punched it in the face. Mal was quick as he relied it seemed on speed.

dagger
[roll0]
damage
[roll1]
if crit
[roll2]

Unarmed strike
[roll3]
damage
[roll4]
if crit
[roll5]

felgrimm
2014-12-13, 02:59 PM
The owlbear charges in, catching Akeloth and Akky off guard as it barrels towards them, swatting at them and knocking them prone to the ground. Before it can turn to attack them though, an arrow flies past, buzzing through it's feathers, catching it's attention. It turns to find the threat but sees Mal, the small kobold running right in, slashing with his dagger, catching it along the throat, while his fist crashes into the owlbear's face. The beast screeches in rage and raising up, sluggishly snapping it's beak at the small kobold, who dodges to the side, but the larger creatures beak tears the flesh of Mal's shoulder.

Mal takes 3 points of damage, Akky and Akeloth takea point of damage each and were knocked prone

Mal 7/10 HP
Eradelle 11/11 HP
Esthea 10/10 HP
Akky 11/12 HP Prone
Akeloth 9/10 HP Prone
Owlbear -8 HP

ncpunkin
2014-12-13, 05:57 PM
Eradelle (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=55384) spins around a tree in a wide angle, shifting fully upright, with an arrow slipping between his fingers as it nestled into a bow string. A low creak of yew bending under muscle told him the bow was fully drawn. His finger released the string and the arrow flew towards the beast. He would try and put the tree between him and the beast, again.

Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]

cavalieredraghi
2014-12-13, 11:58 PM
Mal while the owlbear was still in his reach, He thrust his dagger out again and forced it up as he tried to gore the monster. To release his dagger, he punched the creature back to free himself again.

Dagger
[roll0]
[roll1]
Punch
[roll2]
[roll3]