PDA

View Full Version : Jade Pheonix Mage/ Desert Tempest

ZhanStrider
2014-11-12, 11:52 PM
Hey Playgrounders,

Me and my DM are looking for a solid mechanics answer to the following question:

The Jade Pheonix Mage's Arcane Wrath Ability adds +4 to attack and xd10 damage per spell level sacrificed to "a single attack or martial strike" .
If a martial strike hits multiple targets, like Desert Tempest (which, despite having multiple hits, is ONE strike in the ToB) are those bonuses added to each target effected? or only to one target?

If someone could elaborate on their answer that would be super helpful also.
Thanks

Esprit15
2014-11-13, 04:40 AM
I would say the strike is a single attack, and so it would apply to the full maneuver.

Xerlith
2014-11-13, 04:57 AM
I'm going to elaborate a little bit. Since most Strikes are single attacks, there is no need to specify that the bonus applies to an attack OR a strike. Thus, since it's been clarified in the ability description as an "OR" clause, that means every attack in a single Strike gets that bonus.

ZhanStrider
2014-11-13, 02:15 PM
I'm going to elaborate a little bit. Since most Strikes are single attacks, there is no need to specify that the bonus applies to an attack OR a strike. Thus, since it's been clarified in the ability description as an "OR" clause, that means every attack in a single Strike gets that bonus.

Thank you.

StreamOfTheSky
2014-11-14, 06:15 PM
Nice combo. It's pretty tame w/ Desert Tempest since it's only one attack per enemy, but that could be vicious with something like Avalanche of Blades or even better... Tornado Throw combined w/ lots of speed (I'm sure spells can help there).