PDA

View Full Version : Help with a monster...

Tasbard
2007-03-22, 08:38 PM
The idea is a Fine Abberation, Aquatic probably, that mutates after consuming dead but not fully rotted brain tissue. The mutation makes it Tiny and sentient, and it is able to speak any languages the dead being could speak. It also gives it the ability to animate skeletons. The resulting host body would be a Construct rather than an Undead, and would have no mental scores of its own.

I have tried and tried and tried to make this creature, and failed miserably each and every time. Please help.

(By the way, I do have a name- or, rather, two of them. The first one to mutate named itself and all of its fellows Goodworms. Because of the human corpse-defiling taboo, they immediately decided that the Goodworms were all evil- they actually tend towards Good- and named them Corpseviles.)

ajkkjjk52
2007-03-23, 12:05 PM
For a start, I would make the reanimated skeleton a template, rather than a monster. And do you really need to stat out a fine monster? It's basically got no HP, no attacks. It's a fly, one that happens to cause this template.

Tasbard
2007-03-28, 03:27 PM
That's a good point. I'll have to at least come up with a hit point total for the post-mutation range- destrying the skeleton is not destroying the corpsevile...

Thanks! ^^u