PDA

View Full Version : Need help identifying an NPC in this picture

Tarlek Flamehai
2014-11-13, 06:53 AM
There's a female elven caster dressed in white. She is in the bottom middle of the scene. I was sure she had a name, but I cannot remember for the life of me. My google fu has failed too. Please help.

Thanks in Advance!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-E2MBw6HYt0k/T2EvYMIhmeI/AAAAAAAAAxc/mcjPhai3pUQ/s1600/tavern-brawl.jpg

dysprosium
2014-11-13, 11:03 AM
This art is by Todd Lockwood and is of the 30th Anniversary of D&D.

According to his official page (http://www.toddlockwood.com/galleries/new_art/01/barfight.shtml), the detail does not have a name. The elf in question is "elf magess." In fact none of the details have names.

Tarlek Flamehai
2014-11-13, 12:25 PM
I could have sworn I had seen her somewhere else. Oh well, anyone want to help roll up everyone in this scene? Say 5th level?

Wardog
2014-11-13, 06:03 PM
Did she spend so much on spell-components that she couldn't afford enough material to make proper clothes?

Jay R
2014-11-13, 06:23 PM
Did she spend so much on spell-components that she couldn't afford enough material to make proper clothes?

No, the artist just happened to have more flesh-tone paint than cloth-toned paint. It's a common artist's mistake; seems to happen all the time.

Rallicus
2014-11-13, 07:17 PM
Something about that picture has always bothered me. The jarring perspective, the tattooed gnome with his repeating crossbow and steampunk goggles, the shoehorned iconic "gem eye" demon statue...

But the illithid, beholder and vampire in the background make it all worth while.

SimonMoon6
2014-11-16, 12:11 PM

No, she's determined to show off those abs. I mean, seriously, look at those abs. If you had abs like those, you'd want to show them off.

Zale
2014-11-16, 04:05 PM
No, she's determined to show off those abs. I mean, seriously, look at those abs. If you had abs like those, you'd want to show them off.

Those abs say: I'm such a powerful spellcaster that I can afford to waste time working on my Strength.

Tarlek Flamehai
2014-11-16, 05:20 PM
Those abs say: I'm such a powerful spellcaster that I can afford to waste time working on my Strength.

Abs are more about CON, I would say, and of course we all need as much as we CON. :smallamused:

Vitruviansquid
2014-11-16, 05:23 PM
Purple pocket fetishist on the bottom left: "Christ, guys, I'm trying to play DnD here!"