PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Contemplative Bonus domain

D4rkh0rus
2014-11-13, 09:44 AM
the contemplative PrC grants a bonus domain, but does it also grant bonus domain slots? or Would I have to obtain them from another source? (Its an Ur-priest that worships a dying god.)

darksolitaire
2014-11-13, 09:55 AM
No, I think that only thing in 3.x that gives bonus domain slots if you already have them is the Sovereign Speaker from Faiths of Eberron. There are few other PrC's which give domain slots if you don't have them, like Dracolyte or Talontar Blightlord.

Red Fel
2014-11-13, 10:09 AM
Contemplative does not grant additional domain slots. Its language strongly implies that you have to use the slots you already have. Specifically:

Upon adopting the contemplative class, and again at 6th level, a character gains access to a bonus domain of her choice. The character can choose any domain made available by her deity or alignment. The character gains the granted power associated with the domain she chooses, and can select the spells in that domain as her daily domain spells.
In other words, it does not increase the number of daily domain spell slots, it merely expands the selection of what you may put in those slots.

Fouredged Sword
2014-11-13, 10:31 AM
I think you are thinking of Sovereign Speaker, the other PRC that adds domains. It grants extra domain slots for 3rd, 5th, and 7th spell levels as you level.

You you want more ability to cast your domain spells, have you considered the domain spontaneity ACF? You loose the ability to cast cure spells spontaneously, by gain the ability to cast your domain spells spontaneously. A cloistered cleric sovereign speaker will end up with something like 13 spells of each level that they can spontaneously cast. You can dip contemplative for a 14th domain.