PDA

View Full Version : Animated Dead as characters.

D4rkh0rus
2014-11-13, 10:33 PM
Is there any spell which allows you to animate a dead being as a skeleton or similar in which they can gain levels? (either starting with an intellect score, or using awaken undead)

I have heard of Bone creature template, but how Do I manage to get it under my control without needing to use my action to keep it under control? as Command undead requires a standard action to command.

Blackhawk748
2014-11-13, 10:35 PM
Is there any spell which allows you to animate a dead being as a skeleton or similar in which they can gain levels? (either starting with an intellect score, or using awaken undead)

Animate Dread Warrior? Otherwise Awaken Undead.

NotScaryBats
2014-11-13, 10:37 PM
It isn't a spell per se, but the Ritual of Crucimigration(sp?) from Libris Mortis may be something you're looking for. It is under the Necropolitan Template in the New Monsters chapter. It essentially adds the Undead type to a creature for the cost of a level and some XP.

I think recruiting enemies into your party is DM fiat as far as who can and can't gain XP and gain levels, but I'm uncertain.

D4rkh0rus
2014-11-13, 10:37 PM
Animate Dread Warrior? Otherwise Awaken Undead.

I am certain that both skeletons/etc have advancement - and dread warrior does too.