PDA

View Full Version : How undead is a Necropolitan?

weckar
2014-11-14, 10:38 AM
Simply put, could a Necropolitan at all pass for a living being? Seems the description of the race is a little ambiguous about how overt the physical undead traits are....

Necroticplague
2014-11-14, 11:00 AM
Simply put, could a Necropolitan at all pass for a living being? Seems the description of the race is a little ambiguous about how overt the physical undead traits are....

The fact that it says "if their nature is revealed elsewhere" seems to imply they can hide it a fair bit. And based on the picture and description, they just look like daily sickly people. So as long as they didn't abuse their immunities, they could pro ably pass for someone who spends a lot of time cooped up inside.

Flickerdart
2014-11-14, 11:10 AM
Your average peasant would probably think something was wrong, but given how open-minded adventurers and their associates have to be (given that they routinely parlay or even travel with literal monsters) they would probably just think you sold your soul to an elder evil for unlimited power or something.

atemu1234
2014-11-14, 03:47 PM
Your average peasant would probably think something was wrong, but given how open-minded adventurers and their associates have to be (given that they routinely parlay or even travel with literal monsters) they would probably just think you sold your soul to an elder evil for unlimited power or something.

Can't tell if that's good or bad.

Sam K
2014-11-14, 03:49 PM

That, sir, is the key to good soul-selling!

StoneCipher
2014-11-14, 03:55 PM
That's why I use a Hat of Disguise and a Wand of Disguise Undead.

Threadnaught
2014-11-14, 03:56 PM
They can pass for the living, but if they need any help the Disguise Undead Spell exists, and also a bit of blusher to get some life into those cheeks wouldn't hurt. There must be a story about someone using Necropolitan to reenact a scene from The Princess Bride. I can't be the only one giddy about doing that.

Faking the need to eat and drink by eating and drinking when expected to, then bam! When it comes down to using food, drink and air as a weapon, kill my enemies with it.

Flickerdart
2014-11-14, 03:57 PM
Fun fact: There's a passage in BoVD that says Good communities will drive out and kill monstrous creatures, but Evil communities will accept them.

Threadnaught
2014-11-14, 04:00 PM
Fun fact: There's a passage in BoVD that says Good communities will drive out and kill monstrous creatures, but Evil communities will accept them.

Bad Flickerdart! *smacks with rolled up newspaper*

Do not summon him here, the Rudisplorkers' Guild won't have it.

torrasque666
2014-11-14, 04:29 PM
Bad Flickerdart! *smacks with rolled up newspaper*

Do not summon him here, the Rudisplorkers' Guild won't have it.

Wait, who was he summoning? I get a vote in that.

Threadnaught
2014-11-14, 04:43 PM
Wait, who was he summoning? I get a vote in that.

Who thinks Genocidal Racist = Good?

We do not want the Great Cheater here. This thread is a safe place for Rudislorking, because Undead are akin to bow ties. :smallwink:

torrasque666
2014-11-14, 04:48 PM
Who thinks Genocidal Racist = Good?

We do not want the Great Cheater here. This thread is a safe place for Rudislorking, because Undead are akin to bow ties. :smallwink:

Hey man..... The Great Cheater has calmed down a bit lately.... though I see your point.