PDA

View Full Version : O frabjous day! Calloo! Callay!

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-03-23, 01:19 AM
Just got back from seeing The Last Mimzy. Folks, that was one of the coolest movies I've ever seen. Yeah, it maybe be only PG with no real violence, sex, or even partial nudity, but it was an absolutely fantastic film.

Intensely imaginative and creative, great dialogue, and the acting pretty derned good, especially by the little girl (who'll have you wanting to ooze out of your seat with her sheer adorability) who needs nominated for something. Oh man.

For me at least it was nothing short of spellbounding.

Vaynor
2007-03-23, 01:22 AM
Just got back from seeing The Last Mimzy. Folks, that was one of the coolest movies I've ever seen. Yeah, it maybe be only PG with no real violence, sex, or even partial nudity, but it was an absolutely fantastic film.

Intensely imaginative and creative, great dialogue, and the acting pretty derned good, especially by the little girl (who'll have you wanting to ooze out of your seat with her sheer adorability) who needs nominated for something. Oh man.

For me at least it was nothing short of spellbounding.

Yah it looked pretty good, can't wait to see it. Glad you liked it. :smallsmile:

ChubsMcGee
2007-03-23, 07:37 PM
Just saw it myself, and I think it had some real potential. But the brother brought it down. Really in need of some acting lessons I think. The girl was quite adorable though.

My problems include:
1. Why bring in Homeland Security and the Patriot Act?
2. Why would the agent just be like, 'whoops, sorry, my bad.' after the crazy stuff?
3. What was with the epilogue that spells out how terrible humanity is for all the pollution and hatred and loss of humanity and blah and blah?
4. The really annoying sounds throughout the film

My problem is that I couldn't help but feel that the whole movie had a political message and was trying to shove it down my little sister's throat.

It does get bonus points for:
1. Using 'Thru the Looking Glass' stuff. Very clever I thought
2. The future with the scientist doing stuff
3. Cool looking special effects
4. The intel logo inside the bunny.

One last gripe: So the girl looked through and saw the scientist get shot. Sends the doll back and he is okay. Whats up with that?

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-03-23, 09:54 PM
Yeah, the brother was pretty monotone in places, others he wasn't too bad. Very inconsistent. His 'sister' made up for him though.

Blood
2007-03-23, 10:07 PM
Tribble, I love your thread titles. This one and another one in Board Issues "Please, sir, may I have some more?" when you were asking about the polls options amounts. I love 'em. :smallbiggrin:

Also, I saw the previews for the movie, and it didn't really look good. Maybe I'll go see it now.

Reinforcements
2007-03-23, 10:15 PM
My problems include:
1. Why bring in Homeland Security and the Patriot Act?
2. Why would the agent just be like, 'whoops, sorry, my bad.' after the crazy stuff?
3. What was with the epilogue that spells out how terrible humanity is for all the pollution and hatred and loss of humanity and blah and blah?
4. The really annoying sounds throughout the film

My problem is that I couldn't help but feel that the whole movie had a political message and was trying to shove it down my little sister's throat.
This makes me really not want to see this movie.

sethdarkwater
2007-03-24, 01:39 AM
I've seen the movie and enjoyed it as well, but then there was the blasted hidden "politi****" message. Something we don't talk about on this site, really ruined what could have been great. Same thing with Happy Feet. Anywho I like the refrence to Jabberwockey in your title.

Sailacela
2007-03-24, 01:14 PM
Never heard of it. Did it have any marketing at all? I'm a regular movie goer and I can't say I've seen a single preview.

Sisqui
2007-03-24, 08:17 PM
Never heard of it. Did it have any marketing at all? I'm a regular movie goer and I can't say I've seen a single preview.

Same here, although I saw that it was playing in the theatre today when I went to see 300. The little billboard didn't really give a clue as to what it was about either.

Is it some kind of kiddie movie?

Pensive Pine
2007-03-24, 09:50 PM
Is it some kind of kiddie movie?

Only in the sense that there's nothing really objectionable in it. It's one of those truly rare movies that everyone can enjoy together.