PDA

View Full Version : Crown Jewels of Daystor (IC)

Pages : [1] 2

MikelaC1
2014-11-14, 02:05 PM
The dark wooden paneling on the walls of the office almost make it feel like being in here is like being inside of a tree. And what with pocket dimensions and wizardly powers, for all anyone knows, it might be. The only two people who know for sure are its owner, Natasha Sanitar, and her lifelong companion, Zanthia Bindar. And they aren't in the habit of talking.
As she sits writing at her desk, its hard to see the truth about Natasha, and its even harder to believe it. Elves aren't supposed to be concerned with worldly wealth and possessions, and yet not only is Natasha rich, she happens to be the richest mortal in Daystor, with a multi-continent corporation that is only rivalled by one or two others. Her past is shrouded in mystery, rumour and conjecture; and no doubt she's one of the ones who spreads the misinformation.
Her pen pauses in its writing and she closes her book, looking to her companion, Zanthia. Even as she says it, portals begin to open in her office, and people step forth.

The first is a woman who looks slightly bedraggled. Long brown hair frames a smooth face. She still looks mid thirties despite being in her 60s aside from her eyes that pulse an icy angry blue.
Her clothes are ragged. A once fine silk dress with thick wool embroidered with runes and festooned with charms and talismans is her normal attire with a thick polar bear pelt as a cloak a staff of ice in her hand.

The next is dressed in the latest fashions out of Erandol. The black-and-gold halter-style top flows loosely around her figure, but leaves her blood-red wings plenty of freedom. Soft suede pants cling to her legs and tuck inside matching boots. Jewels nestle in her ebon-black hair and help to deaccentuate the horns peeking through her coiffure. Anyone with magical sight would see most of what she wears glows to one degree or another, from the narrow pack resting between her winged shoulders to the quiver at her hip, and some of the rings on her fingers. Aside from the quiver, she doesn't appear armed. Eyes of matching color to her wings gaze out from her alabaster face with interest at those she meets. She carries herself with an easy grace, and a slight scent of sulfur and roses can be detected if she passes too closely to anyone.

The first male of the group wears his white wolf mantle as a large robe, that starts out on his shoulders, and drapes his frame comfortably, covering his body, like a big coat. He has a long pony tail, which he wears down the back of his back, and has big brown beard, that has flashes of red, which are almost amber when light hits it.
The wolf mantle ends at his armbands, which then end at his very fine and form fitting gloves, almost so well that they seem like his hands, brown with wear.
He stands at a intimidating 9'10 and his eyes are a piercing icy blue.

Another woman is a tall, lithe human in her mid-twenties, with light brown skin and subtle musculature. A silver scar starts on her right temple and disappears into her unruly straight black hair reaching down to her sharp jawline, oddly light blue, slightly slanted eyes directed onto the task at hand, but sneaking glances at the rest of her surroundings.
She wears pre-dominantly red clothes tight against her modest curves with little adornment beyond a few subtle designs on one side, designed to stay out of the way and not get caught on something at a critical moment. Well-worn boots and rugged fingerless gloves add to the utilarian impression, with her two rings, choker and the tight wrappings around her shoulders patterned with flames the only things that really count as accessories. She appears in her usual combat gear, her batons secured against her thighs and mithral strapped to her lower left arm as her form of a parrying shield. While Alucina is average in looks for a human, what catches the eye are her motions, smooth and flowing like water, the sign of a dancer in every swift step, something that does not want to fit into the impression the rest of her body and presence makes, the contrast only drawing the eye further as it tries to make sense of it. Alucina hardly minds, walking with the confidence of someone always ready for chaos at the drop of a hat and perhaps even looking forward to it.

Yet another portal reveals a man wearing a typical traveling outfit: a well-worn and obviously well-loved pair of fuchsia trousers, feet covered by calf-high boots. A tight-fitting undershirt of deepest purple, unbuttoned at the top with a bit of bare chest peeking out at the top, is covered by a bright green vest with only the bottom button buttoned. A lute hangs on his back, a lyre on his hip, and a panpipe is attached to his backpack. A magnificent blue hat adorns his head, bright red plumage rising from the band. Sturdy, comfortable gloves, minus the fingers, cover his hands.

And one more is a woman of Isharrahan descent, clad in fine but plainly cut silks of pale green and yellow. Her dark hair holds hints of grey, wrinkles have begun to show on her face, and the willowy grace of a young woman is giving way to the stoutness of middle age, but she bears the marks of her encroaching age gracefully. Her face has a pleasant set to it, as if she's used to smiling (as she currently is). Like her clothing, her jewelry is well-made but modest, the sort of thing that might be worn by a reasonably prosperous merchant going about her daily business. In one hand she carries an ivory rod, carved with feather-patterns. The only thing marring her matronly air is her left eye, which holds a gleaming slit-pupil like that of a hunting cat.

DrK
2014-11-16, 05:15 AM
Thundrik steps through the portal and the cold of winter follows her. A massive white furred shape lurking on the other side, the huge bear a mass of muscle and threat. As she walks into the room its clear from where she comes. The pelts and ice coating her skin marking her from the northern tribes.

Even her presence brings the breath of Thorbald as the sky darkens slightly outside as winter starts to come to Daystor. Greetings Lady. I have come as my God commanded. I bring the frozen powers of the mountain blizzard with me.

As she looks around she smiles a warm smile at the giant man. it is good to have you here Son of Baldor. You have grown nephew since last I laid eyes upon you.

Turning back to the mysterious elf she also asks a polite question. Lady. Bjorn, my pet. May he join us? Or at least find water and meat in a courtyard or garden?

The first heart casts fimbulwinter once per day. So over 10-20 mins the season turns to winter in a 20 mile or so radius.

Ridai
2014-11-16, 06:20 AM
"Greetings, Lady Sanitar, Lady Bindar. Ly'Sindra Damaris sends Her regards and support. I am at your service." Her stance smoothly transitions into a graceful bow and flourish, before flowing back into her previous state, at rest and unassuming. Energy is boiling as it usually does, but it knows how to wait for the moments it is needed in.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2014-11-16, 03:08 PM
Asharra

Upon exiting the portal, the winged woman softly speaks the phrase, "Summoned, I appear," making it sound more like a ritual chant than any sort of greeting. She leans a shoulder against the nearest pillar, and nonchalantly inspects the other arrivals. A slight frown briefly replaces her sardonic smirk when her eyes light on the woman from the North, emanating cold, but otherwise she watches and waits, seeming almost like a raptor searching the ground below for prey. At least for now, she adopts the philosophy of 'speak when spoken to'. The humans and elves assembled are, at least nominally, allies, yet so often mortals and devils do not get on well, so she waits to see what their reactions to her are before speaking too much.

BelGareth
2014-11-16, 04:43 PM
Through the portal, one of the largest men you have seen steps through, a man, much large than most doorways would allow stands before you all, and upon his face, a visage of humble respect, as if he had just seen his spiritual mentor...his god.....

It quickly snaps back to his jovial self, and a smile slowly eases itself across his large tanned face as his aunt is the first to speak to him.

"Aye, and I seem'ta be growin every winter!" he booms out, with a low rumbling voice, like that of the mountains.

Looking around he nods to the others, seeing other powerful people, but not knowing their names, he frowned slightly at the frivosly dressed man, for he hated pansies, as they could never fend for themselves, but his disheartening was short lived as he saw the instruments, a musician! He smiled again, he always did like the traveling minstrels, and perhaps this one could write a story about his battles!

"I too have come as commanded, My axe Mestrbreið-øx and arms will be yours, as my Lord commands." He smiles again and speaks in his native tongue "and Thorbald blesses us! Heill þú farir, heill þú aftr komir, heill þú á sinnum sér!"

Translation
'Hale go forth, hale return, hale on your ways!'

Thokk_Smash
2014-11-17, 12:42 AM
The gaudily-dressed man looks absorbed in his thoughts for a moment after he arrives. His supernatural silver eyes are clouded as he scratches his well-kept goatee. His brilliant red hair strangely seems to move ever so slightly in an invisible breeze, and his shimmering, golden, ephemeral wings curl around him idly.

He blinks, and suddenly the clouds lift from his eyes as if they were never there. The change in demeanor is instantaneous, and a bright smile springs to his face as he looks at the others. They all seem quite powerful--his grin widens at the sight of the behemoth of a man, and the mention of "mountain blizzard". When his sight passes the red-winged woman, his hand throbs painfully for a moment. Even without his knowledge of planar beings, he could not mistake a devil of such power. But he makes no comment on her appearance as he looks at the rest of the gathered assemblage, and then to Natasha and Zanthia.

Salutations, miladies, he says with a sweeping bow, doffing his plumed hat before replacing it. It seems I have been chosen to represent my goddess in this quest. Shall I provide some fitting music for what seems to be our briefing?

Without waiting for their response, he unslings his lute. Tuning it quickly, he begins with soft, lilting notes that easily fill the room.

Forgot the shining "angel" wings in the description. And taking 10 on Perform (String) for 59

MikelaC1
2014-11-17, 09:06 AM
My name is Natasha Sanitar, this is my companion, Zanthia Bindar. And yes, you have all been chosen by your deity to participate in this quest, which I will now outline for all of you. By way of explanation, I need to tell you a bit of history. She points to the bar
Help yourself, there’s some of the world’s finest ales, liqueurs, whatever there, this could take a while.

The history of the Gods
Several thousand years ago, the pantheon of Daystor was cluttered with a huge number of gods. Zeus, Odin, Thor, Ra, Ishtar, the list went on and on. There were heros aplenty and finally one of them completed the rites of divine ascension, and became a god himself. That was Daren Philisar, who you now know as the supreme god of Daystor. In time, many others completed the same rites, Klintina, Lysindra, Silescia, Endolin, all the gods you know. As these new gods ascended, the Elder gods lost followers to them and thus became less powerful. The last such hero to ascend was Melias Bindar, and he was the straw that broke the camel’s back. A war broke out, a war between the Elder gods and the new gods. The war raged for years and years, the entire world of Daystor was devastated by it. Many of the landmarks you know today are actually the remnants of those titanic battles. Daren Philisar forged the new gods into an alliance, despite their differing alignments, and they fought as one against them.
The Elder Gods had waited too long and lost too much power. As well, the Elder gods could not stop fighting among themselves, and thus they were slowly pushed out. In the end the Elder gods were banished from Daystor forever.

This is the news that everyone knows common knowledge among everyone. What almost no one knows is what I tell you now

The History of the Crown Jewels
The Crown Jewels of Erandol were the most fabulous of the day, as Erandol was the most powerful city/state of the time. Three times they had established an Empire that ruled the world. The Crown Jewels were the symbol of the royal family and not only were they beautiful, their long association with the royal family had imbued them with magical properties. Several months into the war, an unlikely alliance of the Elder Gods stole the jewels, and took them off for a master plan. Worried about what they were up to, Philisar dispatched his best spy, Syndra Keldith, to find out what they up to. Syndra managed to impersonate one of their servants and spied out what they were up to, as well she managed a few acts of sabotage to keep them off balance. When she managed to figure out that they were attempting to put power into them to destroy gods at a single stroke, Philisar ordered her to wreck the operation. Syndra forged some of their notes, giving them the wrong instructions and during the final ritual, the spell went awry, and a huge explosion resulted, supposedly destroying the jewels

She waits to let this sink in, and then continues

The Jewels Effect
But in fact, they were not destroyed, merely scattered the length and breadth of Daystor. And their greatest influence was still to come. Months after, Philisar was engaged in a battle with Kali, trying to force her out of the Prime. At one point in the fight, Kali knocked his sword from his grasp with one of her blades and tripped him with two others. As he scrambled back desperately, his hand landed on another sword, it turned out to be the Kings Sword. With no other choice, he snatched up the blade, and used it on her. To his surprise, with one hit, Kali was destroyed, and not only that, locked away unable to return to Daystor. Philisar quickly realized that somehow at least some of the power had infused the Jewels, and he quickly told all the other gods to seek out the Jewels, and use them. A war that looked like it would last for uncounted more years actually ended in months.

Natasha takes sip of her wine, and gets ready to continue

The Betrayal
At the end of the war, the subject of what to do with the Jewels came up. Philisar argued that they should be returned to Erandol, as they had always been theirs to begin with. Because it was his nature to disagree with everything Philisar said, Rohdan took the opposite view and said they should be shared out among all the cities, with most going to his favourite, Rennador. A battle broke out between them, the other gods came in on various sides, and the power of the jewels was brought into play. No one is quite sure what happened, but another tremendous blast occurred, likely because the jewels power was unstable, and the Jewels were destroyed. Or so, everyone thought

For thousands of years, the world thought the Jewels were destroyed. Then, a couple of months ago, Zanthia and I heard a rumour, that an old item of the Elder gods era had survived. Our enquiries proved fruitless, but Zanthia persisted, lead on by visions from her goddess. That’s when we began to learn about the real fate of the Jewels. We concocted a story that my circlet was actually one of the original pieces, and made sure it was heard in several shady quarters. Two days later, it was stolen. We sent another team to get it, hoping that they would find evidence that the Jewels are, in fact, still in existence, and being collected. Now, we know its true.

Ridai
2014-11-17, 09:33 AM
Alucina does not bat an eye at the presence of an erinyes, acknowledging her like the rest of the group. When she feels Asharra's gaze during the introductions, she turns her head towards her to see if something is the matter and, finding nothing in particular, gives a little wave in response before focusing back on the other introductions.

She mixes together a cocktail from a fairly large number of drinks available, though making copious usage of any juices also available. She doesn't need more than a minute or two (if someone else wants to try it or needs another mixture, she quickly whips that up, too), doing it with a bit of bartending flair out of habit, then seats herself on the armrest of one of the chairs available, sipping and listening, ankles crossed and keeping a subtle rhythm with one of her feet.

"And we" Alucina begins, gesturing in a wide circle with her wildly-mixed cocktail. "go find and bring back these crown jewels, I assume? With trouble on the way and maybe stopping whoever else wants to get their hands on 'em?"

MikelaC1
2014-11-17, 09:36 AM
You will bring them back to me, I will pluck the gemstones from them, and smash them, melting the rest of the metal down in the process as well. I have been given assurances that I will receive some aid in this part of the operation.

Ridai
2014-11-17, 09:47 AM
"Sounds good. As the breaking down bit, can help with the smashing, dabbled in blacksmithing for the rest." With that, Alucina chucks what is left of her cocktail. "So, where do we start?"

MikelaC1
2014-11-17, 09:58 AM
A man steps forward from the shadows in the room, startling you just a bit, however there is a sense of power radiating from him that puts you at ease.

Im afraid that the process of smashing the gems and melting down the objects is not going to be done with a common hammer and forge, so the process will have to be done by Natasha...but we do thank you for the offer.

Ridai
2014-11-17, 10:09 AM
Alucina raises her sadly empty glass in return as a (formerly fruity) salute of sorts. "Uh, I don't talk with gods that often, so... what do you want us to call you?" Assumptions in social matters have proven useless in the past, so she will have to make do this way.

(OOC: Just in case it needs to be said, don't feel pressured into responding immediately to me, I just have a bit of time on my hands right now.)

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2014-11-17, 10:53 AM
Asharra

Asharra continues to listen, although as the briefing starts, she stops lounging against the pillar and assumes more of a soldierly 'at ease' position, gloved hands clasped loosely at her back. There were more personally important matters to address before this meeting ended, but the informative questions should come first. "What intelligence do you have on the number, nature, location, and possible obstacles protecting these items? How will we know when we've found them all? Do they display any unique magical signatures to help in identifying actuals from fakes?"

BelGareth
2014-11-17, 11:17 AM
The large man manages to smile even larger at the offer of ale, of which, he goes and pours himself a large tankard available, of the most smelly, foamy and dark ale he could find.

Once found he settled himself on the floor, not seeing any his size, and even so, he was almost as tall as anyone sitting down, so it suited him well to be at their level, which didn't happen a lot. And the hard floor suited him, it was similar to home, not comfortable or foofy, he had a reputation to keep.

Listening to the tales he did so with a wide range of emotions, openly showing them on his face like he was witness to a bard regaling them with an epic of long gone, his wide expression of surprise when Natasha kept saying there was more was delightfully innocent and genuine, and he was enraptured by the tales told.

He thought for a moment while the strange man and lady were talking, waiting for them to finish he spoke up, speaking with a confused look on his face.

"Well, I am no great investigator, nor am I seer or divine spellcaster." He says with all seriousness, "I am not sure how much I will be of help, unless there are monsters to be slain and wicked people to fight, then I am your man, and I know how to cook a great seal roast." He looks around and thinks, again in all seriousness "but I am not sure we could find a seal in these parts"

MikelaC1
2014-11-17, 12:00 PM
Asharra

Asharra continues to listen, although as the briefing starts, she stops lounging against the pillar and assumes more of a soldierly 'at ease' position, gloved hands clasped loosely at her back. There were more personally important matters to address before this meeting ended, but the informative questions should come first. "What intelligence do you have on the number, nature, location, and possible obstacles protecting these items? How will we know when we've found them all? Do they display any unique magical signatures to help in identifying actuals from fakes?"

Some excellent questions, and I will defer to Zanthia to answer them
At this point, Zanthia looks up from her book, and begins to tick things off on her fingers
There are 15 jewels we need to concern ourselves with. 5 are tagged for the King, 4 for the Queen and 3 for the Prince or Princess. Of all of them we think the Kings Crown is the most powerful and thus most dangerous. Also for the King are a Sword, Ring, Belt and Sceptre. Moving on to the Queen, we have a Crown, Ring, Orb and Staff, and we know the staff has been taken by whoever opposes us. The Prince had a Sword, which we recovered in the initial operation, a Ring and an Amulet, while the Princess had a Tiara, a Ring and a Brooch. As for where or not you have a real or a fake, this should help and she produces a small metal rod This will tell you if the item is real or fake, and has some limited power as a 'divining rod' of sorts, although the range on that feature is limited.
As for where the items are and who is guarding them, that's a mystery. Some of them are likely in lost crypts, some might be in the possession of people who don't even know their power, and some are likely in the hands of your opponents, including, unfortunately the devils He directs an apologetic look at Asharra.
We do know at least one name of a person opposing you, a sorcerer who goes by the name of Juan Furcan

The large man manages to smile even larger at the offer of ale, of which, he goes and pours himself a large tankard available, of the most smelly, foamy and dark ale he could find.

Once found he settled himself on the floor, not seeing any his size, and even so, he was almost as tall as anyone sitting down, so it suited him well to be at their level, which didn't happen a lot. And the hard floor suited him, it was similar to home, not comfortable or foofy, he had a reputation to keep.

Listening to the tales he did so with a wide range of emotions, openly showing them on his face like he was witness to a bard regaling them with an epic of long gone, his wide expression of surprise when Natasha kept saying there was more was delightfully innocent and genuine, and he was enraptured by the tales told.

He thought for a moment while the strange man and lady were talking, waiting for them to finish he spoke up, speaking with a confused look on his face.

"Well, I am no great investigator, nor am I seer or divine spellcaster." He says with all seriousness, "I am not sure how much I will be of help, unless there are monsters to be slain and wicked people to fight, then I am your man, and I know how to cook a great seal roast." He looks around and thinks, again in all seriousness "but I am not sure we could find a seal in these parts"

Well, Im sure there will be plenty of fights, lost crypts tend to be full of all sorts of bad things, and if the item is in the possession of a person, he will probably be loath to give it up.

Thokk_Smash
2014-11-17, 12:08 PM
With a few words and a gesture with a rod, Talion's lute begins to play of its own accord. It remains floating in space as he goes to make his own drink. Neat brandy in hand, he drinks the spirit as he listens intently to the story. It fascinates him, and he considers writing it down to commit to song later. Yet, his current hosts might not appreciate this story spreading, and so he simply commits it to memory. Maybe he can create a similar tale later--some of the best ballads are those made from paraphrased knowledge, after all.

When the man appears, he makes the lute give a scare chord, accentuating the man's sudden arrival.

To the giant man, he responds, I presume there will be many adversaries for your blade to meet. And as the man said, and my goddess' high priestess said, there are devils involved.

He looks from their hosts to the strange man, and says, I must echo her request for your name, sir.

MikelaC1
2014-11-17, 02:15 PM
The man's form ripples and changes, and now standing before you is none other than Daren Philisar, the leader of the Gods in the war, and supreme god of Daystor.

You can see now how my family, and I, have the most to lose from this if the seals should be broken. However my involvement must be kept to a minimum, lest Rohdan hear of it. Even though it would mean his demise, if he learns that I am involved, he will take the opposite view, just to be contrary.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2014-11-17, 02:54 PM
Asharra

The erinyes takes no real notice of the presence of the deity. Either she didn't care, or she already knew about his involvement. Regardless of her motivations, she asks a follow-up question of Natasha and Zanthia. "This Juan Furcan is in possession of the staff you mentioned?" For the moment, she takes the proffered rod, looking at it curiously before returning to her at-ease position, tapping the rod against the palm of her other hand. "He seems to be the best lead, unless you know of others."

DrK
2014-11-17, 03:29 PM
Before the divine visitation

Thundrik nods her thanks, pouring a horn of foamy dark ale. The faint crackle of ice as her cold infuses it. She sips gently smiling at her nephew. Drink well nephew. I fear we will be busy in the dark days to come. Listening to the tale she smiles. A good thing to keep these elder gods locked away. Spirits of the land are safer than meddlesome gods...

Her words cut out as the God unveils himself. High one. she murmurs giving a low bow. We are blessed by your presence. Will your brothers and sisters aid us as well? Could you shine some light upon the location of sone of these? she listens to the devil or this Magister Furcan, my nephews blade shall wrest the staff from him. With or without his hand attached...

MikelaC1
2014-11-17, 09:44 PM
Asharra

The erinyes takes no real notice of the presence of the deity. Either she didn't care, or she already knew about his involvement. Regardless of her motivations, she asks a follow-up question of Natasha and Zanthia. "This Juan Furcan is in possession of the staff you mentioned?" For the moment, she takes the proffered rod, looking at it curiously before returning to her at-ease position, tapping the rod against the palm of her other hand. "He seems to be the best lead, unless you know of others."

I don't think you will be able to catch up with Juan, hes a slippery one and we aren't sure if that's even his real name. Your best bet would be to beat him to the other jewels, and cut him off that way. We aren't sure how many someone would need to cause problems, so the aim will be to cut him off that way. We do have a few leads, yes

Before the divine visitation

Thundrik nods her thanks, pouring a horn of foamy dark ale. The faint crackle of ice as her cold infuses it. She sips gently smiling at her nephew. Drink well nephew. I fear we will be busy in the dark days to come. Listening to the tale she smiles. A good thing to keep these elder gods locked away. Spirits of the land are safer than meddlesome gods...

Her words cut out as the God unveils himself. High one. she murmurs giving a low bow. We are blessed by your presence. Will your brothers and sisters aid us as well? Could you shine some light upon the location of sone of these? she listens to the devil or this Magister Furcan, my nephews blade shall wrest the staff from him. With or without his hand attached...

Our aid will be definite, but we will try to remain as marginal as we can, the fewer that know about this, the better, to avoid any sort of mass panic. We don't want you to keep it secret from everyone, but don't go spreading it around, especially in areas where Rohdan might hear. And although all the other devils are enemies in this and he looks to Asharrah Glasya can be considered, to a certain point, an ally

Ridai
2014-11-18, 03:55 AM
Alucina isn't in the presence of a deity often and it never loses that special feeling (though she is obviously biased towards Ly'Sindra), but she takes the presence of the Surpreme God in stride. Her question wasn't really answered, so she just settles with the words she uses not being important, but rather what she means when addressing the god.

"Thought so," she mostly says to herself as she hears about Glasya, not sounding surprised by or opposed to the idea. "So, what are those leads? Not to be hasty, as that means screw-ups, but the sooner we get crackin', the better." Alucina's foot ever keeps her rhythm.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2014-11-18, 10:34 AM
Asharra

As the deity mentions Glasya, Asharra finally turns her attention to the god among them. "My liege queen has agreed to send an emissary to assist in your cause, said emissary being me. We will keep our end of the agreement. In this, at least, we are of common cause." She turns back to Natasha, "Which does bring up another matter. Who will be the signatory for my contracted services? You? Another of your agents here?" She gestures to the other heroes called forth by their gods at the last question.

DrK
2014-11-18, 12:30 PM
Thundrik looks at the devil. Clan Skold needs no Monet to serve the gods. Honour is enough". She looks back to the god and the Elven women. We do however need a lead if we are to retreuce these objects"

MikelaC1
2014-11-18, 01:37 PM
You are working for me, Daren's name has to be kept out of this, for as long as possible, because of Rohdan. I will sign for your services. She reaches for the contract and scans it

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2014-11-18, 02:08 PM
Asharra

"Very well," Asharra says. She pulls a large sheaf of papers from her pack, takes a moment to inscribe Natasha's name as the 'employer', then hands the stack of papers over. She also sets an inkwell on the desk. "As is typical with these contracts, we require a blood signature. For your convenience, I've acquired a supply of blood so there is no need for you to open a vein. All we require is that the blood be from a sentient creature. I trust demon blood will suffice. It also requires signatures of two witnesses. As the contractor in question, I can not be one of them."

While Natasha scans the contract, Asharra responds to the comment from the northern tribal woman, "The legal niceties must be observed. It provides protections for you and for me, and well as for our employer here."

THE LEGAL AGREEMENTS SET OUT BELOW DETAIL THE TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT BETWEEN ASHARRA, ERINYES, (HEREIN REFERRED TO AS "CONTRACTOR") AND NATASHA SANITAR (HEREIN REFERRED TO AS "EMPLOYER") TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS, SIGN, IN BLOOD, AT THE BOTTOM OF THE DOCUMENT, COUNTERSIGNED, ALSO IN BLOOD, BY TWO WITNESSES. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, DO NOT SIGN AND DO NOT EMPLOY THE CONTRACTED AGENT.

A. CONTRACTOR AND COMPANION TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT

PAYMENTS, EXPENSES, AND REFUND POLICY

You agree that you will pay for all Services, either through an equal share of the spoils or a monthly payment of 1500 gold pieces, whichever is greater, and that the Contractor may charge for any reasonable expenses purchased and for any additional amounts (including any interest and late fees, as applicable) that may be accrued by or in connection with your Contract. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE TIMELY PAYMENT OF ALL FEES AND FOR PROVIDING CONTRACTOR WITH A VALID FORM OF LEGAL TENDER FOR PAYMENT OF ALL FEES AND EXPENSES. For details of how purchases are billed please exchange correspondence with the Legal Department of the Nine Hells.

Your total price will include the price of the services plus any applicable tax; such sales tax is based on the legal residence of the Employer and the tax rate in effect at the time you sign the contract. We will charge tax only in kingdoms, republics, principalities, or other domains where such services are taxable.

All sales are final.

Prices for services offered by the Contractor may change at any time, and the Contractor does not provide price protection or refunds in the event of a price reduction or promotional offering.

If a Contractor becomes unavailable following a contractual signature but prior to commencement of services, your exclusive and sole remedy is either replacement of Contractor or refund of the price paid, as determined by Glasya Devil Queen.

Blood Signature®

Blood Signature is a registered service mark of Asmodeus, used under license. Blood Signature is a convenient feature that allows you to make a contract enforceable by any devil, fiend, or other denizen of the Nine Hells. When retaining the Services in your contract, Blood Signature purchasing may be activated via either your own blood, or the blood of any sentient proxy you may choose to designate. Blood Signature is activated for each transaction by tapping a vein, capillary, artery, or other blood vessel, and applying said blood to the signature line of the contract, and having two witnesses counter-sign. When Blood Signature is activated, the signature completes your transaction without any further steps.

GIFT SERVICES AND ALLOWANCES

Gift Services and Allowances are issued and managed soley by Contractor, at her discretion, and judgement. Gift Services are defined as Services performed by Contractor, outside the Terms of the Contract, for which she chooses to not charge additional fees or expenses.

Gift Services and Allowances, in addition to unused services, are not redeemable for cash and cannot be returned for a cash refund (except as required by law); exchanged; resold; used to purchase new Contracts; used to provide Allowances; used for purchases in the Nine Hells; or used to employ another denizen of the Nine Hells. Unused services are not transferable.

Gift Services and Allowances purchased in the Material Plane may be redeemed only in the Material Plane.

Gifted Services have no cash value.

Contractor reserves the right to terminate Contract and request alternative forms of payment Gift Service or Allowance is fraudulently obtained or used on the Contractor.

LEGAL DEPARTMENT OF THE NINE HELLS, CONTRACTOR, AND THEIR LICENSEES, AFFILIATES, AND LICENSORS MAKE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO GIFT SERVICES OR ALLOWANCES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN THE EVENT THAT A GIFT SERVICE OR ALLOWANCE IS NONFUNCTIONAL, YOUR SOLE REMEDY, AND OUR SOLE LIABILITY, SHALL BE THE REPLACEMENT OF SUCH GIFT SERVICE OR ALLOWANCE. THESE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CERTAIN NATION'S LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.

PRE-ORDERS

By pre-ordering services, you are authorizing the Contractor to automatically bill you and arrive for Contracted Services at the time of schedule commencement of Services. You may cancel your pre-order prior to the time the Contract goes into effect.

PARTY SHARING

Party Sharing allows you to share eligible Services with up to eight members (including yourself) of a “Party.” If you set up or join a Party, you may use the eligible services of other Party members and contract such services to your compatible mission or quest. You can also choose to limit services so that other Party members will not be able to request them from Contractor. You can share information and services such as capabilities of Contractor, goals and purposes of your Party missions or quests, combat services, locally gathered information discovered by Contractor, and Contractor location via interparty communications. Party Sharing is for personal, non-commercial use only. Blood Signature Contracts are required to enlist the Contractor into a Party. Certain transactions and features may not be available in Party situations. If you join a Party, the features of Party Sharing are assumed active and agreed upon automatically.

The “Leader” of a Party can invite other members to participate in the Party. The Leader must be 18 years or older and must have an eligible Contract registered with the Legal Department of the Nine Hells. If you are a Party Leader, you represent that you are the legal guardian of any Party member under age 13. The Leader's payment terms are used to pay for any purchase initiated by a Party member in excess of any contracted services in such initiating Party member’s terms. Servicess are associated with the Contract of the Party member who signed the Contract. BY INVITING PARTY MEMBERS TO JOIN A PARTY, THE LEADER AGREES THAT ALL PARTY MEMBER PURCHASES ARE AUTHORIZED BY AND ARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE LEADER, EVEN IF THE LEADER WAS UNAWARE OF ANY PARTICULAR PURCHASE, IF A PARTY MEMBER EXCEEDED HIS OR HER AUTHORITY AS GRANTED BY THE LEADER, OR IF MULTIPLE PARTY MEMBERS PURCHASE THE SAME SERVICE. THE LEADER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR COMPLIANCE WITH ANY AGREEMENT WITH ITS CONTRACTOR, AND ASSUMES ALL RISK IN THE EVENT THAT SHARING ACCESS TO SUCH SERVICES LIMITS ANY PROTECTION OFFERED BY THE CONTRACTOR. The Leader can change the payment currency at any time, provided it remains legal tender. A record of any additionally purchased services by Party members will be sent to the initiating Party member and the Leader, even if the purchase is hidden by the Party member; please Report a Problem on your receipt if you or your Party members do not recognize charges on your receipt standard Infernal Contract.

The Leader can request, in writing, the Contractor to require children under the age of 18 to obtain permission from the Leader, and/or other adults designated by the Leader, to request or contract free or paid services before a purchase or contract commences. Services purchased from Party members via new contract and Gift Services or Allowances are not subject to this clause. If you are a Party Leader, you represent that you and/or any adult designee is the legal authority of any Party member for whom this clause is activated. Services and requests from earlier Contracts may present members with an alternative permission process or prevent purchases altogether, and may require a new Contract. Contractor is not responsible for any harm resulting from a delay in Party member approvals or denials.

The Leader may remove any Party member from the Party, which will terminate that Party member's ability to initiate authorized purchases on the Leader's Contract, and that Party Member’s ability to use and share other Party members' contracted services and information. When a Party member leaves or is removed from a Party, the remaining Party members may no longer be able to use and share the departing member’s contracted services or information, or access services previously contracted from the departing Party member, including services made on the Leader's Contract while the departing member was part of the Party. Similarly, if you leave a Party, you may no longer be able to use or share the contracted services or information of the other Party members, and services that you contracted from other Party members while a member of the Party may no longer be accessible. If you have made In-Contract Purchases from a Contract originally purchased by a departed Party member and you no longer belong to the Party, you need to Contract the Services yourself to regain access to them. Because personal requests for Party members under age 13 can only be created as part of Party Sharing, removing such a member from the Party will terminate that Party member’s ability to access any Contracted services associated with that Contract.

You can only belong to one Party at a time, and may join any Party no more than twice per year. You can change the Contract you associate with a Party no more than once every 90 days. All Party members must use the same Contracted clauses. Not all services, including services that are not available for re-negotiation, and some previously purchased services, are eligible for Party Sharing. Contractor reserves the right to disband a Party in accordance with the “Termination” section of this Agreement.

COMPANION
Contracter has a hell hound 'companion' that can be summoned by Contracter. Use of 'companion' abilities and conditions for summoning are the sole discretion of the Contractor. Employer assumes any and all liabilities related to actions of 'companion'. In the event of death, banishment, dismemberment, or incapaciation of 'companion', you agree to cover all expenses related to replacement, healing, recovery or other services required to return 'companion' to a functional state.

CONTRACTING

Your use of the Services includes the ability to enter into agreements and/or to make transactions. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR SIGNATURE CONSTITUTEs YOUR AGREEMENT AND INTENT TO BE BOUND BY AND TO PAY FOR SUCH AGREEMENTS AND TRANSACTIONS. YOUR AGREEMENT AND INTENT TO BE BOUND APPLIES TO ALL RECORDS RELATING TO ALL TRANSACTIONS YOU ENTER INTO IN THIS CONTRACT, INCLUDING NOTICES OF CANCELLATION, POLICIES, AND CONDITIONS OF TERMINATION. In order to access and retain a copy of the Contract, you may be required to have certain documents, which are your sole responsibility.

Contractor is not responsible for transcription, copy, or spelling errors.

B. TERMS AND CONDITIONS

THIS LEGAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND CONTRACTOR GOVERNS YOUR USE OF THE CONTRACTED SERVICES (THE “SERVICES”).

THE SERVICES

Asharra is the provider of the Services, which permits you to use and employ such services for Employer or Party use only under the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement.

REQUIREMENTS FOR USE OF THE SERVICES

Only persons age 18 years or older can sign Contracts. Contracts for persons under 18 years old can be signed by a parent or legal guardian using Party Sharing or by an approved educational or governmental institution. Children under the age of majority should review this Agreement with their parent or guardian to ensure that the child and parent or legal guardian understand it.

The Services are available to you only on the Material Plane. You agree not to use or attempt to use the contracted Services from outside these locations. Services outside the Material Plane may be contracted with a Rider to this contract on a case-by-case basis, at the sole discretion of Contractor.

Use of the Services requires compatible goals, missions, and certain alignments (fees may apply); may require periodic Contract updates; and may be affected by the performance of the Party. The latest version of required Contracts are recommended to access ServiceS and may be required for certain transactions or features previously purchased or acquired from the Contractor. You agree that meeting these requirements, which may change from time to time, is your responsibility. The Contractor is not part of any other Contract or offering, and no purchase or obtaining of any other Contract shall be construed to represent or guarantee you access to the Services.

YOUR ACCOUNT

As a registered user of the contracted Services, you may establish a finanicial account ("Account"). Don’t reveal your Account information to anyone else. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your Account and for all activities that occur on or through your Account, and you agree to immediately notify Contractor of any security breach of your Account. Contractor shall not be responsible for any losses arising out of the unauthorized use of your Account.

In order to purchase and Services with an Account, you must provide Contractor access to your Account for monthly payment transactions. Once you have provided access to your Account, you will not need to do so again unless access conditions change; you can choose to allow or revoke access at any time, as long as you provide written documentation at least 30 days in advance. During this 30 day window, you will be able to purchase services either with or without your Account. For more information, please contact the Legal Department of the Nine Hells.

You agree to provide accurate and complete information when you allow payment through an Account, and you agree to update your Contractor to keep said information accurate and complete. You agree that Contractor may withdraw funds you provide for use in maintaining and billing fees to your Contract.

PRIVACY

This Contract is subject to the Privacy Policy of the Legal Department of the Nine Hells. Contact a representative of the Department for details. At all times your information will be treated in accordance with this Privacy Policy.

If you prefer that we do not collect and use your information, you should not sign the Contract.

NEGOTIATED TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT

(i) You shall be authorized to use only Services outlined in this section. Any other Services must be negotiated at a separate charge, or considered a Gift Service or Allowance.

(ii) You shall be authorized to use Contracted Services for five years, or until completion of the mission, whichever comes first. If, after five years' time, mission is incomplete, a Rider can be added to this Contract for yearly extentions of Services contracted.

(iii) Contractor will support the actions of the Employer and obey Employer's orders that fall within the Terms of the Contract.

(iv) Contractor will act in defense and aid of the Employer and Party (if any). Contractor is not required nor obligated to lay down her life in such defense; however neither is Contracter prohibited from doing so.

(v) Contractor will not perform Random Acts of Evil without prior consent of Employer. Contractor also agrees to not willfully antagonize Employer and Party (if any). If Employer or Party members are of good alignments, Contractor will do nothing to deliberately impugn the reputations of same.

(vi) Contractor will act in good faith to complete the stated objectives of the mission.

(vii) Employer and Party (if any) will trust Contractor to act with the best interests of the Party in mind.

(viii) Any betrayal of Employer (or Party) by Contractor or Contractor by Employer (or Party) is considered a violation of Contract, and subject to the clauses under "Termination".

(ix) In the event that Employer or Party chooses to consort with demons without burden of proof, said burden on the part of the Employer, that such action is in benefit of the greater Contracted mission, Contractor is free to ignore all clauses of Contract in order to pursue, aprehend, and/or slay said demon without violation of Contract nor retribution to be taken against Contractor.

(x) Contractor will act in the best interests of 1) the Contracted Mission, 2) Employer, and 3) Party (if any), in that order, except where such actions are in violation of the Laws of the territory, nation, state, or other governmental entity in which the Employer is at the time, or where such actions are excluded from the Terms of the Contract (e.g. death of Contractor).

(xi) Details of Mission

(a) Mission Goals, as stated, are 1) to recover and 2) to protect the Crown Jewels of Erandol, 3) to prevent the return of the Old Gods, 4) to defeat any who would seek objectives directly counter those those detailed in section (xi) and 5) obey orders of Natasha Sanitar, where those orders do not conflict with other mission goals.

(b) Interpretation of Completion of Mission Goals, and thus, fulfillment of Contract, are the sole discretion of the Contractor.

You acknowledge that, because some aspects of the employment of Contractor entails the ongoing involvement of the Legal Deparment of the Nine Hells ("The Department"), if The Department changes any part of or discontinues the Contract, which The Department may do at its election, you may not be able to use contracted Services to the same extent as prior to such change or discontinuation, and that The Department shall have no liability to you in such case.

THIRD-PARTY MATERIALS

Certain materials, and services available via the Contract may include materials from third parties. Contractor may provide such materials and Services as a convenience to you. You agree that Contractor is not responsible for examining or evaluating their quality or reliability and Contractor does not warrant and will not have any liability or responsibility for any materials, products, or services of third parties. You agree that you will not use any third-party materials in a manner that would infringe or violate the rights of any other party and that Contractor is not in any way responsible for any such use by you.

TERMINATION

If you fail, or Contractor suspects that you have failed, to comply with any of the provisions of this Agreement, Contractor, at her sole discretion, without notice to you may: (i) terminate this Agreement, and you will remain liable for all amounts due under your Contract up to and including the date of termination; and/or (ii) preclude any futher Contracts being granted to you; and/or (iii) lay claim to your soul upon your eventual death.

Contractor reserves the right to modify, suspend, or discontinue the Contracted Services (or any part or content thereof) at any time with or without notice to you, and Contractor will not be liable to you or to any third party should she exercise such rights.

DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES; LIABILITY LIMITATION

CONTRACTOR DOES NOT GUARANTEE, REPRESENT, OR WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTRACTED SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR PAIN-FREE, AND YOU AGREE THAT FROM TIME TO TIME CONTRACTOR MAY REMOVE THE CONTRACTED SERVICES FOR INDEFINITE PERIODS OF TIME, OR CANCEL THE CONTRACTED SERVICES AT ANY TIME, WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU.

YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE CONTRACTED SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. ALL PRODUCTS AND SERVICES DELIVERED TO YOU THROUGH THE CONTRACT ARE (EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY STATED BY CONTRACTOR) PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" FOR YOUR USE, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND CULPABILITY. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.

IN NO CASE SHALL CONTRACTOR, THE DEPARTMENT, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS, OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF ANY OF THE CONTRACTED SERVICES OR FOR ANY OTHER CLAIM RELATED IN ANY WAY TO YOUR USE OF THE CONTRACTED SERVICES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY SERVICE (OR PRODUCT) DETAILED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE CONTRACT, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THEIR POSSIBILITY. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, IN SUCH STATES OR JURISDICTIONS, CONTRACTOR'S AND DEPARTMENT'S LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.

CONTRACTOR SHALL USE REASONABLE EFFORTS TO PROTECT INFORMATION SUBMITTED BY YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTRACT, BUT YOU AGREE THAT YOUR SUBMISSION OF SUCH INFORMATION IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK, AND CONTRACTOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR LIABILITY RELATING TO SUCH INFORMATION IN ANY WAY.

CONTRACTOR DOES NOT REPRESENT OR GUARANTEE THAT THE CONTRACTED SERVICES AND PRODUCTS WILL BE FREE FROM LOSS, CORRUPTION, ATTACK, DISEASES, INTERFERENCE, THEFT, OR OTHER SECURITY INTRUSION, AND CONTRACTOR DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY RELATING THERETO. SOME PRODUCTS CAN BE CLAIMED ONLY ONCE; AFTER BEING CLAIMED, THEY CANNOT BE REPLACED IF LOST FOR ANY REASON. YOU SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN SECURITY, INCLUDING ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES PURCHASED, ACQUIRED OR RENTED FROM THE CONTRACTOR.

WAIVER AND INDEMNITY

BY USING THE CONTRACTED SERVICES, YOU AGREE, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD CONTRACTOR, THE DEPARTMENT, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS, AND LICENSORS HARMLESS WITH RESPECT TO ANY CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF YOUR BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT, YOUR USE OF THE CONTRACTED SERVICES, OR ANY ACTION TAKEN BY THE DEPARTMENT AS PART OF ITS INVESTIGATION OF A SUSPECTED VIOLATION OF THIS AGREEMENT OR AS A RESULT OF ITS FINDING OR DECISION THAT A VIOLATION OF THIS AGREEMENT HAS OCCURRED. THIS MEANS THAT YOU CANNOT RECOVER YOUR SOUL OR SUE OR RECOVER ANY DAMAGES FROM CONTRACTOR, THE DEPARTMENT, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS, AND LICENSORS AS A RESULT OF ITS DECISION TO REMOVE OR REFUSE TO PROVIDE ANY SERVICES, TO WARN YOU, TO SUSPEND OR TERMINATE YOUR ACCESS TO THE CONTRACTED SERVICES, OR TO TAKE ANY OTHER ACTION DURING THE INVESTIGATION OF A SUSPECTED VIOLATION OR AS A RESULT OF CONTRACTOR'S CONCLUSION THAT A VIOLATION OF THIS AGREEMENT HAS OCCURRED. THIS WAIVER AND INDEMNITY PROVISION APPLIES TO ALL VIOLATIONS DESCRIBED IN OR CONTEMPLATED BY THIS AGREEMENT.

CHANGES

The Department reserves the right at any time to modify this Agreement and to impose new or additional terms or conditions on your use of the Contracted Services. Such modifications and additional terms and conditions will be effective immediately and incorporated into this Agreement. Your continued use of the Contracted Services will be deemed acceptance thereof.

MISCELLANEOUS

This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and Contractor and governs your use of the Contracted Services, superseding any prior agreements between you and Contractor. You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use affiliate services, third-party services, or third-party products. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed in a manner consistent with applicable law to reflect, as nearly as possible, the original intentions of the parties, and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect. Contractor's failure to enforce any right or provisions in this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of such or any other provision. Contractor will not be responsible for failures to fulfill any obligations due to causes beyond her control.

You agree to comply with all laws, statutes, ordinances, and regulations that apply to your use of the Contracted Services. Your use of the Contracted Services may also be subject to other laws. You expressly agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any claim or dispute with Contractor or relating in any way to your use of the Contracted Services resides in the courts in the Nine Circles of Hell. Risk of loss and title for all transactions pass to the purchaser upon signature of the Contract. No Department employee or agent has the authority to vary this Agreement.

Contractor and The Department reserve the right to take steps Contractor believes are reasonably necessary or appropriate to enforce and/or verify compliance with any part of this Agreement. You agree that Contractor has the right, without liability to you, to disclose any relevant information to law enforcement authorities, government officials, and/or a third party, as Contractor believes is reasonably necessary or appropriate to enforce and/or verify compliance with any part of this Agreement (including but not limited to Contractor's right to cooperate with any legal process relating to your use of the Contracted Services and/or Products, and/or a third-party claim that your use of the Contracted Services and/or Contracted Products is unlawful and/or infringes such third party's rights).

MikelaC1
2014-11-18, 03:46 PM
Natasha seems to scan the contract very quickly, and without much comment, signs the document and passes it to Zanthia, who also signs without comment.

Would one of you like to be the second witness? Obviously, since we are keeping Daren out of this, it cant be him.

Thokk_Smash
2014-11-18, 04:43 PM
The revelation gives Talion pause for a moment--him being the husband of his divine patron, of course. But the sense of obligatory respect passes in moments. Pleased to meet you, he says with a salute of his hat.

At the sight of the contract, Talion's entire demeanor takes a turn for the frosty--not to detract from the actual denizens of the frostlands. I must say I dislike dealing with devils on principle. In my experience, it never goes over well for those who sign. I want no part in that contract, even as a witness.

The_Snark
2014-11-18, 04:53 PM
"I would be willing to stand witness," says Safiya, breaking her silence for the first time. In such a gathering as this, it behooves one to listen more than one speaks; she doesn't know any of the people here as well as she likes to, and staying quiet lets her observe more. Besides which, she has little useful information to contribute (to her quiet frustration).

She steps towards Zanthia, and takes rather more time to scan the contract than Natasha did, raising an eyebrow at one or two points, but wastes no time signing once she's finished. The contract doesn't appear to stipulate any liability for party members, and if the primary employer isn't going to object...

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2014-11-18, 05:18 PM
Asharra

Once the contract has been signed, Asharra stows it and the inkwell away in her pack again, and resumes her at-ease position, waiting for additional information to be forthcoming. She makes no comment in response to the bard's jibe. She's here to do a job, and putting up with the entirely deserved perception of the evilness of devils is just part of that job.

MikelaC1
2014-11-19, 02:20 PM
If there are no more questions, then I will be taking my leave. I would love to offer more, but as I have already explained, my aid has to be limited. However, I can assure you that in working with Natasha, you already are connected to one of the best networks in the world.

Natasha chimes in. Yes, while I cannot offer any sort of free magic, if you have the money, I have the network that can procure it. So, if there are no questions, we do have a first lead to work on....

Ridai
2014-11-19, 02:36 PM
Alucina, having placed her glass back on the bar and out of the way, returns to her armrest seat, simply gesturing to Natasha to take it away, good lady. She was starting to think she would never reach this point.

BelGareth
2014-11-19, 02:40 PM
Eiarland had been watching it all, quietly drinking his large mug of ale.

He had no idea how to react to a god head, and so he decided he would just ignore him, no reason to get all bent out of shape, he had just met his own god a few moments ago, and well, he was still a little estranged about that.

No, he would sit and wait, the ale was good, and he had no reason to interject otherwise, and who knows? perhaps they were about to go forth, and he would have time to stretch his legs, fight.

Instinctively, a smile crept across his face at the thought.

DrK
2014-11-19, 02:56 PM
Thundrik nodded at the God and gave a short curtsy as he left before turning to Natasha having another sip of the freezing drink in her hand. I look forward to hearing this lead. It would be good to begin this important quest.

She looks at her massive nephew. You will enjoy unsheathing that great cleaver of yours I'm sure nephew.

BelGareth
2014-11-19, 02:59 PM
Eiarland nodded at his aunt's comment.

"Aye, I yearn for the chance to send more worthy warrior's to the embraces of the Valkyrie's, so that they may fly them up to Valhalla!"

He stood at the end, getting a little excited at the prospect.

Thokk_Smash
2014-11-19, 03:03 PM
Yes, let's hear this first lead. The sooner we begin this quest, the less chance our enemies will have to wreak havoc on the world.

Talion's autonomous lute begins a suspenseful tune when Natasha begins her explanation.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2014-11-19, 04:27 PM
Asharra

Asharra continues to stand at ease and waits for the briefing to continue.

MikelaC1
2014-11-19, 08:07 PM
Natasha spreads out a map of the city of Varstok, and circles an area outside the main walls of the city.
This is a spot in old Varstok, where the temple of Ploutos used to stand. Ploutos was the only figure in the old system of deities that was in any way associated with wealth and as such was a bit of a patron for Varstok...although the city's true glory wasn't realized until Alatia ascended to goddesshood and turned things around. The temple also housed a burial ground for the leaders of Varstok, but when the old deities were overthrown, the place fell into ruin, of course. In the thousands of years since, its been built over, and built over many times, and is now long buried. I know of a passageway down into it and visions that Zanthia has had tell us something valuable is down there.

She hands you a sheet with directions to the spot and the directions down into the depths.

Ridai
2014-11-20, 02:09 AM
Alucina leans against the table as she scans the map, nodding occasionally during the explanation. With the directions, she figures out where on the map the passage roughly is and where they could arrive. "Only one way to find out, though I am fairly confident in Tishtina's visions."

She turns to the group, offering another little bow. "Since I haven't introduced myself, my name is Alucina, looking forward to working with you. I can provide teleportation of the greater variety for myself and four others, which should suffice with our erinyes colleague having those means for herself. If any pets need to be brought, this needs to happen in two trips, unless anyone else has easy teleportation on hand. For future reference, I don't have access to plane shifts, sorry." She waves Asharra over to the table, pointing to a spot near the entrance on the map. "I think that is a good spot to arrive in, from what I've seen of the area. Pretty shielded from view from most directions, enough space to comfortably arrive as a group, good to not immediately draw all kinds of attention. I'd teleport more towards the eastern part to leave a bit more space for you to arrive in without appearing somewhere in between the travel group."

She reaches into the small bag currently situated around her lower back, reaching into it further than the dimensions of it suggest, and pulls out what looks like a strange cube-shaped puzzle box of kaleidoscopic colors, having some wear and tear to it, but looking well cared for.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2014-11-20, 10:45 AM
Asharra

Asharra starts as Alucina mentions her name. "You wouldn't be the same Alucina who single-handedly defeated a highly-placed pit fiend and sent him crying to the far corners of Hell?" She looks amused at the thought, and also a little unnerved.

"As for me, I'm Asharra," the erinyes says, "or 'Ash', if you prefer. Former soldier in Glasya's service and demon hunter by, ah, trade. I'll serve to the best of my ability, per the contract. And I can plane shift us, should the need arise, assuming you trust me to do so."

Ridai
2014-11-20, 12:03 PM
Alucina shrugs, unsure. "I guess? Don't know about single-handedly or high-ranked, things were too chaotic at the moment. That guy was a pain, though. The harem of particularly unwilling erinyes, succubi and other females he kept didn't help, neither did five of his pit fiend minions pulling me out of a teleport to ambush me." She sticks out her tongue as if she has a rotten taste in her mouth.

"I've been called a lot of things throughout the years, with my name, Lucy, Al and such among the nicer things. Take your pick."

BelGareth
2014-11-20, 02:25 PM
Eiarland moves towards the map and squints, as if his large stature made it hard to read the map, and maybe it did. He stooped down a ways, in an awkward way that looked uncomfortable, but you get the impression he was used to it, and suffered in silence.

Scanning the area he nodded silently with everyone.

"That looks like as good a place as any, but my mødherne nipt might be able to get us all there in one go," he turns to his aunt with a questioning look on his face "No?" he asks her

Mother-sides, sister

Also, he's assuming she has some form of Transport via Plants, and that she has used it on or around him before.

After she answers, he turns to the others introducing themselves.

"I am Eiarland, son of Baldor, son of Eyjolf, son of Halfdan, Chieftain to the Clan Skjöldung. I think it is obvious what I can do" he says, slamming his fist into his chest with a huge smile "and I do enjoy a good fight!"

DrK
2014-11-20, 03:42 PM
Thundrik looked at her nephew and shook her head fractionally. Not today mighty Eiarland. She stroked her staff still coated with ice. It is only a short walk, shall we just make our own way there. Before we go would any of you accept some protection against the power of ice. I would not want to injure of my new found allies. The power is hard to control sometimes...

Would you like mass resist cold?

Ridai
2014-11-20, 04:19 PM
"I'm good." One of Alucina's rings is tapped with her thumb. "Still, thanks, Lady..." whose name is being awaited by the woman in red.

Thokk_Smash
2014-11-20, 04:27 PM
While I enjoy a leisurely walk as much as the next creature, the nature of this quest calls for urgency in our actions. If the use of teleportation is available, then I vote that we use it. I also do not require your spell, as I have taken my own precautions.

As for myself, I am Talion Sol, traveling minstrel in the service of Endolin Domar. Any magical items we find, I can identify and use to our advantage. A pleasure to be working with most of you, he finishes without a beat, looking at all of the gathered party with a smile excepting Asherra.

BelGareth
2014-11-20, 04:28 PM
Eiarland visibly sighs "That is a shame, I always enjoy that way of traveling, walking is good enough for me, or faster ways, I am fine with either."

He says, shrugging a noncommittal but overly large shrug.

He nods towards Thundrick "Aye, I will always accept your blessings" He turns to the others "Shall we be going, we can talk while we move, or once we get there, but us standing around like a pack of seals is most likely pleasing to the Orca's who we are racing against."

MikelaC1
2014-11-20, 09:28 PM
The group teleports to the spot designated by Natasha, and after a very short search, finds the tunnel she mentioned that leads down. Natasha was certainly accurate in that the old temple was built over several times in the thousands of years that have passed, as the group has a long climb down. Eventually however they reach the bottom.
The passage of time has not been kind to the area the group finds itself in, its cold, its dark, and the area just has the whole melancholy of death. Even the floor has paid the price of time, as what might have been smooth marble tiles have been covered by the dirt of centuries and disintegrated by the slow erosion of water and time. What is left is hard pack of dirt and ground, and with no light, not even the smallest bit of vegetation to break the monotony.
Looking around, the group soon spots what would have been the burial crypt, an impressive stone structure, although now it looks like it might be supporting the whole upper world on it. The front of the building has 4 impressive pillars flanking the main door, also in front of the main door are 3 iron statues of armoured warriors. The passage of time may have affected everything else, but the 3 statues seem untouched by the passage of the ages.

BelGareth
2014-11-20, 09:56 PM
Eiarland gratefully accepts the teleportation and smiles broadly as they appear in their new location, he had always enjoyed the affects of magic, especially when it helped him do wondrous things, and teleporting was no exception, the idea of being in one place and then the next moment a whole different place, thousands of miles away gave him a hope that anyone can do anything, the idea that mortals could grasp at the stars of destiny and hold on to them, that it was ok to dream and strive for greatness.

His sister always chided him for being a hopeless romantic, and to tell the truth, he was, but he had learned to bottle it up, being the gruff soldier, the warrior that the Clan needed to survive.

After shaking the momentary glee, which was quite evident, he focused and stretched, taking his surroundings in.

Seeing the others, he weighed them mentally, and he found several of them to be warriors in their own right, not the bard, or his mødherne nipt, but 2 of the others were definitely, the way they carried themselves, with the poise and grace of a warrior, the confidence that was only known by those who have defeated their enemies.

He would take the lead, but not ask for it, happy to be along on an adventure of sorts, it had been a long time, and he would do what was needed to be a member of the party.

Once they found the bottom and the entrance, he stood looking at the untouched statues.

"Now those look out of place, of all things, you would think statues would be affected...I wander why that is?" he asks out to the others, not knowing anything about magic, but doubting something was good about the situation, if anything, he thought it would be bad...

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2014-11-20, 11:04 PM
Asharra

The devil looked liked she was inclined to retort back to the minstrel, but instead, held her tongue. After teleporting in, she pulls a longbow from her quiver, and keeps it clasped in one hand while they travel down. The dark clearly doesn't bother her.

Once the party reaches the statues, she keeps her distance from the things. "Quite probably magical," she says in reply to the giant human's comment. "Crypts often have magical guardians of one sort or another. You may get a chance to fight sooner rather than later, Master Chieftain." She knocks an arrow to her bow with such practiced ease it seems as natural to her as breathing.

BelGareth
2014-11-21, 12:31 AM
"Music to my ears devil."

Eiarland grins at the words that are spoken and the actions taken, he similarly whips out his right hand, where an ornate greataxe appeared in his hand, as if he had popped it out of thin air.

"Well then, how do we...get them started?" he asks, all ready for some action.

Thokk_Smash
2014-11-21, 12:52 AM
Talion's pipes hang from his neck now as they traverse the stairs; ready to begin playing at a moment's notice. He keeps his eyes open and alert, taking in their new surroundings as they delve deeper into the ground.

Well, there is certainly magic about, he says, playing a little tune on his pipes as his eyes glow a light blue.

Detect Magic, focusing on the statues to determine the power and what school of magic they are; Spellcraft: [roll0]

DrK
2014-11-21, 01:45 AM
Thundrik smiles at the falling snow and cold breeze as they teleport to the entrance of the cave system. Reaching she smiles Best I give you Thorbalds blessing. after she does that shes casts a blessing on herself, akin hardening with a thick layer of icy patches.

Resist energy mass 260 minutes, cold 30 (party)
Barkskin +5, 260 minutes (just me)

Following the rest she looks at the temple, sceptical about the guardians like the others. A single word from her lips and a disc of force appears around her. The temperature around her plunging to freezing as she exerts her will on it.

Shield (26 minutes)
- apply control temperature in ~40ft radius. 1d6 cold per round but blocked by resist energy
Know (Arcana) [roll0] to ID the statues

Ridai
2014-11-21, 04:29 AM
"Golems. Great." Alucina sighs and prepares herself for a fight, her body growing to the size of a giant and infused with Ly'Sindra's blessings. Batons in hand, she walks towards the "statues".

"Precautions aside, we mean no harm. We need something from within to prevent the world as we know it from just ending, which would include this crypt. Just let us in, we go get it, don't disturb anything else and just leave again." She half-expects the golems to single-mindedly protect the entrance against anyone trying to enter and attack her immediately. If so, she wants to get it over with before her spells run out.

Alucina casts divine favor and righteous might on herself. Her weapons are upgraded to +5 by Greater Magic Weapon, which is cast on both at the beginning of every day.

MikelaC1
2014-11-21, 07:51 AM
The party's attempts at divinations bear fruit, the 'statues' are actually golems, and the point is driven home even more forcefully, when Alucina approaches them, all 3 animate with 2 striking at her (3 hits, 121 points) and the third moving towards the party.

Alucina gets a retaliatory strike, and anyone who wishes to use a ranged weapon or spells on the third can do so. (no melee strikes, as you have to move into position) After those, roll initiative.

Ridai
2014-11-21, 10:49 AM
HP 264/358, DR 2/-, 9/evil
Spells in effect divine favor, righteous might, greater magic weapon

Groaning from the all too expected pain and all too familiar annoyance, Alucina spits and shouts "Yeah, screw you and your wizard, too!"

Her spells do precisely nothing against golems, same with looking for weak spots, so she will just need to do this the old-fashioned way. Her first assault won't put much of a dent into the golem before her (the left one of the two remaining roughly where they are), not until her batons get warmed up and hungry for scrap metal. In the meantime, Alucina gets her drumming practice in, creating a rapid-fire storm of clangs as blows rain down onto the ancient golem. "I'll take this one! One of you intercept the runner!" Hardly anything in terms of tactics, but confusion kills.

Full attack against said golem
Weapons counts as: bludgeoning, magic, silvered, adamantine, good

Full attack
Alucina uses a 4th level slot for Arcane Strike for +4 attack, +4d4 damage
Due to Crushing Strike, every hit adds a cumulative +1 attack bonus to all following attacks during the full attack

Attack 1 (main hand): [roll0], [roll1] + [roll2] damage
Attack 2 (main hand): [roll3], [roll4] + [roll5] damage
Attack 3 (off hand): [roll6], [roll7] + [roll8] damage
Attack 4 (main hand): [roll9], [roll10] + [roll11] damage
Attack 5 (off hand): [roll12], [roll13] + [roll14] damage
Attack 6 (main hand): [roll15], [roll16] + [roll17] damage
Attack 7 (off hand): [roll18], [roll19] + [roll20] damage
Attack 8 (main hand): [roll21], [roll22] + [roll23] damage
Attack 9 (off hand): [roll24], [roll25] + [roll26] damage

MikelaC1
2014-11-21, 11:22 AM
Alucina begins the old fashioned beatdown process against her golem foe, her first attack goes awry but all the rest of them connect...but this being the biggest iron golem shes ever seen, its not stopping yet. (although taking heavy damage)

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2014-11-21, 11:32 AM
Asharra

It takes less than the blink of an eye for the first arrow Asharra had already knocked to fly towards the charging golem, and it was followed by 3 others before the first one reached the end of its flight.

4 Attacks, weapons count as lawful and evil aligned:
Attack 1: [roll0]
Damage 1: [roll1] normal + [roll2] fire.

Attack 2: [roll3]
Damage 2: [roll4] normal + [roll5] fire.

Attack 1: [roll6]
Damage 1: [roll7] normal + [roll8] fire.

Attack 1: [roll9]
Damage 1: [roll10] normal + [roll11] fire.

Thokk_Smash
2014-11-21, 11:38 AM
HP 364/364, DR 4/Cold Iron
Spells in effect See Invisibility, Tongues, Fly, Voidsense (Blindsense 30ft)

I'm pretty sure the runner's coming to us anyway, Talion quips as his amulet glows briefly. He places the pipes to his lips and begins to play a lilting, inspiring tune that spurs his comrades to new heights of strength.

Immediate Action activate Badge of Valor, and then Inspire Courage--+5 morale bonus to-hit/damage and on Will saves vs fear

MikelaC1
2014-11-21, 11:42 AM
All 4 of Asharra's arrows strike true, but in this case, the golem's innate resistance serves him well, and each arrow is making little more than a scratch on him. Meanwhile Talions song rings through the dead air, inspiring his comrades in their battle.

(still waiting for a ranged action by Eiarland, Thundrick, Safiya)

Ridai
2014-11-21, 11:54 AM
"If you want him to cherry-pick his target, be my guest!"

DrK
2014-11-21, 03:35 PM
Thundrik rolls her eyes as the golems animate. Monsters of steel, there is not much here I could help with... . She waves a hand. Magic quickening her companions before turning to the two beside Alucina, a tremondous pile of rubble falling upon them both...

Quickened Haste
Std. Cast bombardment on 2 by Alucina [roll0]
Ref DC 28

You designate the spot on which the cylinder is centered. Each creature in the area that fails a Reflex saving throw takes 1d8 points of damage per caster level (maximum 20d8) and is buried under 5 feet of rubble. A successful save halves the damage and avoids burial. A buried creature can free itself with a DC 20 Strength check (a full-round action), or it can be dug free by others (a single creature working alone requires 1 minute to free a trapped creature). A buried creature is unable to move, and cannot cast spells with somatic components, and any material components must be in hand.

After this spell is cast, its area is
covered in 5 feet of dense rubble

MikelaC1
2014-11-21, 07:15 PM
(You cannot hit both of the golems beside Alucina, because they are to either side of her...unless you bombard Alucina as well :smallamused:)

One of the golems suffers a heavy bombardment of rubble, as the rest of the group finds their actions quickened. The golem takes damage but not enough to stop him, and with his great strength, he is able to free himself from the rubble.

(only Safiya left for range)

The_Snark
2014-11-22, 07:42 AM
"Bother." The Isharrahan woman seems more irked than intimidated by the prospect of untouchable guardian constructs. They may be impervious to her magic, but that's why she has companions. And besides, a guardian without a mind is almost laughable as these things go...

She waves a hand as the golem rushes towards them, invoking the magic that has always come most easily to her: illusion. She shimmers and fades from view, and moments later so do her companions, the spell leaping from body to body. Another word, and dust rises from the floor to take on solid form, a warrior composed of solid rock standing in the golem's path with sandstone blade at the ready...

... or so it seems.

Standard action: cast a chained greater invisibility on the party. (Normally you can't chain a touch spell, but the Divine Reach ability gives it, well, reach.)
Swift action: quickened minor image to create an illusory creature in front of the charging golem.

MikelaC1
2014-11-22, 09:26 AM
Safiya's spell goes off, granting invisibility to the party, and a second creates an image in front of the charging golem.

Initiative round begins
Alucina up, Safiya on deck, Talion in the hole, Asharra to follow
current situation: Alucina can full attack either golem on her, anyone else can range attack any golem, full attack the charging golem or standard attack a golem on Alucina

Ridai
2014-11-22, 10:40 AM
HP 264/358, DR 2/-, 9/evil
Active effects greater magic weapon, divine favor, righteous might, haste, greater invisibility

Alucina feels her batons change, like a familiar hum telling her to really do some damage now. Adrenaline is already pumping from the injuries and the cacophony of action around her. Enjoying the rush of the haste spell and feeling the cool embrace of invisibility like an ephemeral blanket, she grins as she assaults the dented golem again, every strike flowing right into the next without pause, with a dancer's footwork carrying her wherever she needs to go to bring her increased height and strength to bear, spinning and weaving. Her strikes were drum beats against the iron before, now they add the sound of crunching and screeching metal as she transitions out of the opening of her performance.

Attacking the already damaged golem, then switching over to the next if the first is done.
The Transmuting weapons are now adjusted against the golems' DR and ignore it.

Full attack
Due to Crushing Strike, every hit adds a cumulative +1 attack bonus to all following attacks during the full attack
Alucina uses a level 3 slot for Arcane Strike for +3 attack, +3d4 damage
No extra attack from Haste due to Speed weapon

Random note: Built a spreadsheet to calculate the bonuses and give me the completely formatted spoiler tag seen here. Gonna save me so much time and nerves.
It also showed me that the damage on my last post was too low. Here's the breakdown:
7 Str modifier (half rounded down for off-hand)
+5 weapon bonus
+10 from feats (weapon spec, melee weapon mastery)
+3 from divine favor

MikelaC1
2014-11-22, 11:36 AM
As Alucina steps into the next rank of her attacks, she actually does not feel the hum of her weapons, and her strikes don't seem to be doing noticeably more damage. However, her first 3 attacks are more than enough to finish off the first golem and she flows into dealing heavy damage to the second...not enough to finish it off, but more than enough to get its attention.

Safiya up, Talion on deck, Asharra in the hole, Eiarland to follow

The_Snark
2014-11-22, 04:00 PM
Anticipating possible objections to her spell, Safiya casts another; her own awareness expands to encompass the others just in time for the magic to extend off herself and to the others.

Casting a chained greater blindsight; everyone gets blindsight 60 feet for the next half-hour or so. Because buffing and blasting become a bit trickier when you can't see your fellow party members, as I realized just after taking that last action :smallredface:

MikelaC1
2014-11-22, 06:11 PM
Safiya follows up her cloaking of invisibility to the party by granting her allies the ability to see each other, a requirement for ranged attacking.

Talion up, Asharra on deck, Eiarland in the hole, golems to follow

Thokk_Smash
2014-11-22, 06:44 PM
The extra sense is much appreciated by Talion, although he had been able to see his comrades after their newfound invisibility. With a tune from his pipes and a wave of a rod, the pipes begin to play themselves. His mouth freed up, he gestures at the nearest golem and with a sharp, supernatural command he conjures a stream of acid that assaults the golem.

Quicken Spell rod on Animate Instrument to allow the Inspire Courage to keep going while I cast a spell-like ability.

Vitriolic Blast changes Eldritch Blast's untyped damage to acid, and does not allow spell resistance so it should affect the golem.

To-hit vs touch ac: [roll0]
Will use Maximize Spell-Like Ability to cause full damage of 72 (2/3 uses of the feat left for the day)

MikelaC1
2014-11-22, 09:59 PM
The music from the pipes continues on, while Talion directs a stream of acid at the onrushing golem. The splash deals the construct damage, but its not enough to stop it yet.

Asharra up, Eiarland on deck, golems in the hole, Thendrick to follow

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2014-11-22, 11:21 PM
Asharra

The only real indication Asharra is moving, other than the spell from Safiya, is a curse about wasting perfectly good arrows. While she moves, she stows her bow back in her quiver, and, with a snap of her fingers, conjures up her sword instead, and meets the golem charging towards them, striking at the creature with all her might.

Charging the golem, swinging longsword with both hands for the extra Str damage. Longsword is adamantine, as well as magic, and lawful/evil effects still apply.

Charge Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] + [roll2] fire + [roll3] sonic

MikelaC1
2014-11-23, 06:52 PM
There is a huge clanging as Asharra bashes away at the incoming golem and by the time she is done with out, there is just a pile of broken parts and metal shards lying in the ground in front of the crypt.
Eiarland up, golems on deck, Thundrick in the hole.

The only remaining golem is the one that is engaged with Alucina, Eiarland needs to spend a move action to reach it.

BelGareth
2014-11-23, 07:56 PM
Eiarland grins as the golems come alive, but is amazed at how fast his companions act, before anything, he had been turned invisible, and could see in a strange way he thought wasn't possible, and had watched 2 of the golems be destroyed....

Grimacing for being to slow on the up draw, he started to run full out on the last remaining one, leaping high into the sky and bringing his greataxe down in a vicious chop as it was engulfed in a blue hoarfrost.

Leap attack charge with power attack penalty going into AC with shocktrooper -20 to AC.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2] (magic, adamantium) + [roll3]

New AC is: 21

MikelaC1
2014-11-23, 11:43 PM
Eiarland's attack is a successful and brutal one, however he does not quite deal enough damage to finish the iron golem off. His attempt to bull rush the golem however is not successful, as he lacks the size needed to pull it off. (medium size can only bull rush large, this golem is huge)
The golem is no longer able to see his two opponents, however, the attack mode he chooses does not rely on vision, as he breathes out a cloud of poisonous gas that affects both Alucina and Eiarland
[roll0] CON damage, FORT save DC22

Thundrick up, END ROUND

DrK
2014-11-24, 01:59 AM
Quickened and invisible Thundrik stares at the beast and her new found allies, who seemed very powerful indeed. Especially the one with the little batons. A wave of her hand and a gesture fills her nephew and Alucina with sudden speed.

Mass snakes swiftness
All can make one ranged or melee attack

Ridai
2014-11-24, 03:37 AM
With their strange new sight (what a trip that is, though not a bad one), Thundrik senses a thumb briefly lifting off of Alucina's right baton, a gesture probably directed at her, before she gets her little hit in. True, her "little hit" would obliberate your everyday person, but that is a particularly poor benchmark when someone frequently fights ancient wyrms and Big Bad Evil Guys From Hell. Eiarland is more in the One Big Hit business (an often spectacular business). Be as it may, she'll at least get an Assist out of this.

Attack (main hand): [roll0], [roll1] damage

MikelaC1
2014-11-24, 07:54 AM
Both Eiarland and Alucina resist the effects of the poison gas from the iron golem and then Thundricks spell allows Alucina an extra attack which connects on the golem but still does not finish him off.

END ROUND 1
Alucina up, Safiya on deck, Talion in the hole

BelGareth
2014-11-24, 10:24 AM
Eiarland roars with fury as the golem refuses to fall from his slicing drive of an attack, as he brings the axe through a backswing, he feels the sudden momentary swiftness to deliver another blow, and utilizing his momentum from his leaping attack does so, in hopes the thing will fall.

Free attack from snakes swiftness, has all same benefits and penalties as before
[roll0]
[roll1] *damage

Sorry I did this from my iPad...

MikelaC1
2014-11-24, 11:04 AM
Before Alucina can even launch her attacks in the next round, the spell effect give Eiarland all the boost he needs, and his powerful shot topples the iron golem.

Ridai
2014-11-24, 03:45 PM
"Nice one," Alucina comments as she holsters her batons almost out of reflex, a motion she has done thousands of times, and playfully knuckles Eiarland's iron-hard biceps. Soon shrinking back down to her normal height, she reaches into her bag, procuring a small flat emerald on a chain, wrapping the links around her hand and holding the gem tightly between her calloused fingers. As it begins to glow, she lets the gem roam across her wounds, slowly closing them. She whistles a little song as she does so, poking through the rubble for anything worthwhile they can either use or turn into funds later. Every bit helps.

"Natasha knows how to put together a team." Alucina nods to the group, flashing a smile. A nice spread of support, assists and takedowns. A few more fights and they'll deliver their beatings like clockwork. This is great! Once done with patching herself up like she's done so many times before, Alucina holds her chained gem up between her fingertips. "Anyone else?" Seeing that no one is wounded: "No? Okay." She kisses the emerald and stows it in the safety of her bag.

"On we go."

MikelaC1
2014-11-24, 03:56 PM
Alucina finds nothing of interest in the shards of metal or the hard packed ground. The stairs up to the door might once have been impressive marble flagstones, but have crumbled like everything else. The door in is an impressive iron affair, covered with runes and glyphs, however due to the rust, its hard to make them out exactly.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2014-11-24, 04:28 PM
Asharra

Snapping her fingers to stow away her sword again, Asharra then brushes a few bits of former golem that had gotten on her clothing. As she approaches the doorway herself, she asks Alucina, "Are you looking it over for traps and the like?"

Ridai
2014-11-24, 04:43 PM
"Thinking about it, but my training is pretty basic. As in, probably too little for heavy duty stuff." Alucina gestures to the many inscriptions on the door. Glancing at Asharra with head inclined and corner of her mouth raised: "You want to give it a shot?" If so, Alucina helps out with the proceedings.

(Aid Another with Search)

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2014-11-24, 04:57 PM
Asharra

"I live to serve," Asharra says with a hint of dry, sardonic humor. She leans in to examine the door, giving it a reasonably thorough going-over.

Taking 10 (including the +2 for aid another) for 53 on my Search check.

DrK
2014-11-24, 05:07 PM
Thundrik ghosts forward tapping her nephew on the back. "Well done little cousin. You smote it most mightily." Padding up towards the doors she looks at them cautiously. "Do any of you have skills in opening such doors or should my nephew employ his trusty spiked key."

MikelaC1
2014-11-24, 06:54 PM
Even with the aid of Alucina, Asharra is not able to locate any traps on the door.

BelGareth
2014-11-24, 07:09 PM
Eiarland grinned as the thing fell to his axe, it was a forgone conclusion to him, he looked around, accepting the friendly jab from Alucina, he smiles and nods in respect to her own skills.

He wondered out loud as much as she, "indeed, the combination of our skills proved to be quite adept, I look forward to proving our mettle together in the future."

He nodded as his aunt complemented his dispatching of the last golem, he was happy to help, but he noticed that he had only helped with one, and by his account, there were 3 total. If he was younger, his pride would be hurt, but not this old man, he would merely endeavor to be better, and faster, he had been slow.

Stretching his arms, he walked forward to the door and the others.

"We could try the ole, test it and see approach," he says looming over them.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2014-11-25, 12:26 AM
Asharra

"It does not appear to be trapped. If you wish to open it, be my guest. I think you will find pulling easier." She steps aside and gestures in an 'after you' motion to allow room for the big man to enter. While she could have probably opened the door herself, if the gigantic human wished to, she wasn't about to stop him from doing so.

Ridai
2014-11-25, 03:06 AM
Alucina lets the big guy open the door, but is right behind in case of trouble.

The_Snark
2014-11-25, 06:02 AM
"If we can't, I can attempt to bypass the door a number of ways, but it seems worth trying the simple route first," Safiya agrees. "We shouldn't dawdle - my invisibility spell will only last a few minutes."

Her next sentence is in a strange language; there's a faint buzz on the edge of hearing, and then her voice echoes within her companions' minds. "And here's a spell to let us speak without being overheard. Don't worry - nobody will hear anything you don't want them to; just will us to hear something and we will. As long as you don't travel to a different world, of course, the link doesn't cross planar boundaries."

"While we're on the subject, is there any magic that any of you would find particularly useful?"

Ridai
2014-11-25, 07:32 AM
(Note: Alucina healed herself with a CL 3 item of Cure Moderate Wounds, so with her ~120 damage, she healed herself over the course of 1 minute. The trapfinding probably happened during that period.)

"Handy," Alucina's mental voice echoes, then speaks as she gets the hang of it. "Anything making me hit harder. Adds up quickly for me. But you're already on point with the spells." Then, the gish bending her mind and the magic a little, Safiya hears a thumbs up. Decreasing the "volume" of her voice, Alucina sends a list of things she already has covered (flight, mind blank, freedom of movement, elemental resistance, armor, shielding, deflection, natural armor, affecting incorporeal beings, out of combat healing for the group) without talking over the others. Evidently, Alucina has fun experimenting with and poking at the boundaries of the telepathic bond while doing so, though it's for practical purposes, not for her own entertainment (mostly).

BelGareth
2014-11-25, 11:44 AM
Eiarland nods at the their comments, and merely tries to pull the door open.

He found it amusing that they all were hesitant to open a door, but he had found his fair share of trapped doors. Pesky mages, they always found ways to make things harder...

After the mental voice rings in his head, he smiles, again with the spells, but this one was strange...he didn't have a hard time 'willing' himself to speak as he had a magical item that allowed the same kind of thing, but this was easier. He quickly sent a quick small thanks to Safiya, echoing Alucina's thoughts and actions (see sheet, all buffs are listed in 'Condition and Effects').

DrK
2014-11-25, 01:16 PM
Thundrik smiles inwardly. Her thoughts as cold as her skin as modulates the temperature to a freezing low temperature. Ice forming on her skin as she nodded to the others.

We should move inside while our spells are still in effect. I think that there will be a hostile reception awaiting us.

She stands back behind her nephew ready to unleash winters fury!

MikelaC1
2014-11-25, 01:19 PM
Eiarland takes hold of the old door and tries to pull it open, however it doesn't budge. His muscles strain with the effort and suddenly the old rusted hinges and eroded sidewalls give way and he ends up flinging the door halfway across the courtyard, nearly decapitating Safiya and Thundrick in the process. A gust of cold, dead air issues forth from the crypt, reminding you that is the place of the dead, and that you are trespassers here. Inside, you can make out only the outlines of a room, and when you venture in, you can see that the decay of the outside is matched on the inside. There doesn't appear to be anything in this room, although it might have been some sort of reception room in its day. There are three doors (assuming you orient yourself as if you were entering from the north) to the south, east and west.

DrK
2014-11-25, 01:25 PM
Stepping carefully as freezing air pours in along with her the invisible witch enters the room carefully. Hmm.. Which way I wonder. The thoughts clear in everyone's heads.

Ice showering from her she spins her staff of frost until it comes to rest at the eastern door. As good as any... she mutters.

BelGareth
2014-11-25, 01:37 PM
As he rips the door off his hinges from straining just a little too much, he looks back a little sheepish, 'apologies, it was stuck', he follows his aunt and nods to her statement, 'Why not open them all and see where they all lead? One at a time of course, in case the dead are restless.' He thinks out loud to the party, he had put his axe back into his storing glove, and had both of his large hamfists on his hips, as if he were waiting for a table at an inn.

Ridai
2014-11-25, 02:48 PM
"In favor of just keep moving on." Given the results of Eiarland versus the front door, Alucina defers to the resident big guy to open the eastern door with a gesture, though already drawing her batons. "Plus, I don't enjoy being a speedbump between you and nasties."

BelGareth
2014-11-25, 02:56 PM
He wants to let out a hearty laugh, but something in the air stops him, and so he merely settles for mentally sending out the feeling instead. Nodding, in response, he moves to the eastern door, and attempts to open it in the same manner, this time, with perhaps a little more control over where he flings it, and how hard.

MikelaC1
2014-11-25, 03:31 PM
However before he can get to the other door, the ground seems to almost erupt into a huge humanoid form, made of the dirt and mud that the floor had degenerated into. There are bits of bone and other things sticking to it, and a parody of a skull tops it. The entire thing stinks of rot and carrion, and the huge paws it swings at the group carry not only the danger of damage, but are clearly filthy and covered in all manner of disease.

Ridai
2014-11-25, 05:32 PM
HP 358/358, DR 2/-
Active effects greater magic weapon, haste (?), greater invisibility (?), blindsight (?)

Alucina grimaces, but keeps her mouth shut very much on purpose. This is about to get really gross and really messy, really fast. But she has been through worse, like literal torrents of all sorts of blood, spawning pits and sewers infested with a rot curse, all of which have vivid memories attached that she does not transmit through the telepathic connection. Fueling her batons with magic, she gets to pummelling what feels like the crossover of her least favorite enemy types. She aims for the skull to at least have something to focus on, other than beating the rotting dirt into a different shape, one hopefully staying inanimate.

Assumes that Alucina still is under effect of haste. If not, substract 1 from all attack rolls.

Full attack

MikelaC1
2014-11-25, 06:21 PM
Mud, dirt and bone fragments fly as Alucina lays into the strange creature, all but one of her strikes connect, but the monstrosity looks like it can take a lot more of that.

Safiya up, Asharra on deck, gravedirt golem in the hole, Eiarland to follow

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2014-11-25, 10:15 PM
Asharra

Asharra's an archer, not a swordswoman; moreover, she hates the idea of getting her finery ruined by the giant greasy, smelly, filthy, dirt pile. So instead of charging in with her sword, she hangs back and fires a volley of arrows in rapid succession at the creature.

Arrows count as magic, lawful, evil. +5 bonus from Talion included.

Damage 1: [roll1] + [roll2] fire

Damage 2: [roll4] + [roll5] fire

Attack 3: [roll6]
Damage 3: [roll7] + [roll8] fire

Attack 4: [roll9]
Damage 4: [roll10] + [roll11] fire

The_Snark
2014-11-25, 10:44 PM
(slightly earlier)
"Handy," Alucina's mental voice echoes, then speaks as she gets the hang of it. "Anything making me hit harder. Adds up quickly for me. But you're already on point with the spells." Then, the gish bending her mind and the magic a little, Safiya hears a thumbs up. Decreasing the "volume" of her voice, Alucina sends a list of things she already has covered (flight, mind blank, freedom of movement, elemental resistance, armor, shielding, deflection, natural armor, affecting incorporeal beings, out of combat healing for the group) without talking over the others. Evidently, Alucina has fun experimenting with and poking at the boundaries of the telepathic bond while doing so, though it's for practical purposes, not for her own entertainment (mostly).

After the mental voice rings in his head, he smiles, again with the spells, but this one was strange...he didn't have a hard time 'willing' himself to speak as he had a magical item that allowed the same kind of thing, but this was easier. He quickly sent a quick small thanks to Safiya, echoing Alucina's thoughts and actions (see sheet, all buffs are listed in 'Condition and Effects').

A pulse of amusement echoes through the link from Safiya's end. "My, aren't we quick to pick this up! Weapons and warfare aren't my specialty, I'm afraid, but I'll see what I can come up with."

As the golem appears, Safiya casts another quick spell - a pale light blossoms and settles over the group like a mantle, briefly outlining them before subliming into invisibility; the spell leaves a sense of safety and quiet confidence in its wake - and slides forward, ducking around the golem and trusting her reflexes (and her invisibility spell, of course) to keep her out of harm's way.

Standard action: casting mass conviction. The party get a +5 morale bonus to saves for the next few hours.
Move action: get into flanking position behind the golem. (Tumble check is +35, meaning she succeeds on avoiding AoOs automatically unless there are hefty circumstance penalties.)

MikelaC1
2014-11-26, 08:05 AM
The rapid attack of Alucina and the equally rapid volley of arrows from Asharra are too much for the golem to handle and in a huge splatter of dirt that soils everyone (including Asharra and her finery) the golem collapses into a pile of muck and bile.

Ridai
2014-11-26, 08:23 AM
Far past the point of caring about staying clean, a puff of dirt and dust is launched into the stagnant air as Alucina breathes out of her nose, wisely having kept her mouth and eyes shut when the thing started to grave barf everywhere. With a short hop, most of the loose dirt is shaken off, the rest doesn't matter. "East it is. Prestidigitations after clearing the crypt out welcome. I'll get baths for everyone." Without further delay, the woman formerly recognizably dressed in red heads to the eastern door to open it.

MikelaC1
2014-11-26, 10:09 AM
The door to the east opens, revealing a corridor that runs directly east. It appears to go for about 90 feet, and then ends in a wall, from what you saw outside, that's either the edge of the building or the point where the rest of the cavern collapsed into the crypt. Spaced evenly along the corridor are 3 doors, along both the north and south side of the passage.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2014-11-26, 10:29 AM
Asharra

The disgust in Asharra's thoughts is evident even through the mind-link as the wave of muck hits her. She shakes her clothing and wings clean as best she can, then casts a small spell OOC: Minor image to improve her appearance. Vanity is often considered a sin, and as a devil, she apparently revels in it. As the door opens and Asharra looks inside she comments, "I'd suggest a thorough search pattern. Since we took the first door on the left on the way in, let's continue that pattern and work our way around. Less chance of missing something that way." She keeps her bow out, ready for use in the event some other creature surfaces.

Ridai
2014-11-26, 10:39 AM
"Agreed." Following the left-hand wall (potentially down and back the corridor if the six rooms don't lead anywhere else), Alucina moves to the first door found on the left and opens it.

BelGareth
2014-11-26, 11:38 AM
Once again, Eiarland had not moved fast enough, and this time, there was nothing for the giant to attack, or even look at, as after he opened the door, another golem raised its ugly heads, and his companions dispatched it quicker than he could yell out.

He was both happy and sad at the same time. Happy that he had such capable companions, that was a boon for sure, but sad that he wasn't able to add to the pool of talent.

But shrugging his shoulders, and accepting the cold bitter aura of his aunt, almost as a comforting blanket, he moved forward to behind Alucina, axe in hand.

DrK
2014-11-26, 02:08 PM
Thundrik virtually skipped behind the others. Her cold blood not lending itself to fast action she had barely began inctantation before the golem was destroyed. She nodded, mind beaming satisfaction at the strength of her companions. A nudge to her nephew and a whisper You are unmarried yes young Eirland? Fine women here...

At Asharra's suggestion she nods. Following quietly behind the others.

BelGareth
2014-11-26, 02:14 PM
Eiarland is minding his own business, with his mind on the door about to be opened, when his aunt nudges him, and he almost drops his axe.

May his ancestors forgive him.

He looks to her with his mouth agape, how could she suggest such a thing while they were in a crypt of the dead, loitering and desecrating its hallways....though, he had to agree with her, the others would make acceptable mates, they were strong and...well, he shook his head and focused on the task at hand, there was a time and place for everything.

"Yes, aunt of mine, indeed I am, and yes, indeed they are..." he says simply, trying to ignore the statement while he blushed somewhat.

MikelaC1
2014-11-26, 04:08 PM
The group follows the left hand wall, and opens the first door, seeing a small room inside. The purpose of the room is not immediately apparent as there is nothing discernible inside of it and no occupants either. There are no doors leading out of the room, and even though the north wall of the room should be the outside edge of the building, there are no windows there.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2014-11-26, 04:51 PM
Asharra

Asharra gives the room a quick inspection with a practiced eye, looking for any hidden doors, chambers, compartments, etc.

Taking 10 for 51 on search.

MikelaC1
2014-11-26, 05:09 PM
Asharra sees no hidden doors or compartments

DrK
2014-11-26, 05:14 PM
Thundrik smiles at Eirlands discomfort. The tribe could use some fresh blood. And impressive blood at that. Looking into the empty room she shrugs, Plenty more doors to try it seems in this tomb.

Standing in the corridor she gestures to some of the other doors, 5 remaining, virtually one each she smiles.

BelGareth
2014-11-26, 05:16 PM
Already slightly annoyed at the peekaboo contest, Eiarland sighs "Do you have no magic that can search out this quarrelsome crypt? If we are opening one door at a time, it is going to be winter at this rate, and time is of the essence." He says, ignoring the jest.

Ridai
2014-11-26, 05:56 PM
"Nope. You could help make this go faster, you know?" With that, Alucina gets to the other five doors.

(And if the rooms are empty, please just let her move on to the next. Rinse, repeat.)

BelGareth
2014-11-26, 06:04 PM
standing there in slight shock he responds "Sorry, I just thought...." he merely looks at her as she opens the next door.

"Oh nevermind." he says giving up, and following her as backup.

Thokk_Smash
2014-11-26, 07:07 PM
We can open more than one door at once, Talion points out telepathically, holding back a chuckle at the giant man's expense. Between his aunt and Alucina, he didn't need Talion's input. That could come later.

He opens the other doors as well, keeping a part of his mind ready to cast a defensive spell in case something pops out at them.

Just declaring the intention to cast Greater Mirror Image as an immediate action if an enemy or trap attacks Talion. Also, of course, opening the doors alongside Alucina.

MikelaC1
2014-11-26, 11:02 PM
4 more of the doors open to reveal empty rooms. However the 5th door opens to reveal 3 strange humanoid beings. They appear to be humanoid, but as if they were just dug up from a grave, and then surgically altered. All 3 of them stand over 7 feet tall, and their arms dangle almost down to their knees. Their mouths are also unnaturally large, and filled with sharp teeth.

Ridai
2014-11-27, 03:43 AM
HP 358/358, DR 2/-
Active effects greater magic weapon, blindsight, telepathic bond, haste (?), greater invisibility (?)

(Assuming that Alucina goes first)

Hearing the advent of action, Alucina rushes down the corridor. A split-second after getting a look at the situation, she broadcasts "Asharra, Eiarland, get ready for teleportation!" along with a flurry of indications where they will land. Suddenly, both the erinyes and the huge human disappear. The next heartbeat, Asharra is next to Alucina, able to aim into the room, with Eiarland in front of her, ready to charge. Then, mentally crossing her fingers that the things are undead instead of magic immune golems, Alucina does a side-swipe with one of her batons, letting lightning arc around Eiarland and Talion to grill the things.

Move action, then a Regroup to teleport Eiarland and Asharra next to her.

Quick Cast (from Duskblade) to cast Chain Lightning (Ref DC 24) as a swift action at the middle thing, then let it arc to the others.
[roll0] electricity damage, half to others.

MikelaC1
2014-11-27, 07:48 AM
Ever the tactician, Alucina moves quickly to the battle scene, also casting spells that bring both Asharra and Eiarland into the situation (no longer needing to spend a move action to position themselves) and even manages to get off a lightning spell to soften the beasts up for the inevitable beat down that will be required on them.

Eiarland up, Asharra on deck, blaspheme in the hole, Talion to follow

BelGareth
2014-11-27, 01:36 PM
Eiarland accepts the translocation mutely, savagely grinning at the newcomers to the party.

His savage grin turns into a snarl and he roars with ultimate passion as he leaps at the thngs before him holding his great axe high above his head.

Free action to activate 1 round of boots of speed
Fre action to activate whirling frenzy
Leap power attack-charge, auto make the jump check

+2 charge +5 inspire courage +4 rage +1 haste -12 power attack (not using shocktrooper)

[roll0]
[roll1] + [roll2] + [roll3] + -2 SR for 1 round
(Weapon counts as magic and adamantine)
Free attempt to bull rush if hit with double bonus from PA, taking -4 to use rampaging bull rush to knock down the target (prone) on a successful bull rush
[roll4]

AC is 46 after charging
Rage bonus is from the Beserker weapon quality, granting +1d8 while raging.

MikelaC1
2014-11-27, 04:23 PM
Eiarland connects with the blaspheme, dealing it grievous damage and knocking it down, but by the way it rolls, he doubts very much that he has stopped his attack routine. (he doesn't have to stand up to bite you)
Asharra up, blaspheme on deck, Talion in the hole, Thundrick to follow

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2014-11-27, 05:55 PM
Asharra

With a mental Thank you to Alucina, Asharra opens fire on the strange creatures.

With Thalion's inspiring bonus:

Damage 1: [roll1] + [roll2] fire

Damage 2: [roll4] + [roll5] fire

Damage 3: [roll7] + [roll8] fire

Damage 4: [roll10] + [roll11] fire

MikelaC1
2014-11-27, 06:19 PM
All 4 of Asharra's arrows connect with the blaspheme, damaging it badly, but not putting it down.

MikelaC1
2014-11-27, 06:35 PM
The blaspheme's bite at Alucina, Eiarland and Talion and all 3 of them connect for 35, 36, and 37 points respectively, however the more insidious portion of their attacks becomes apparent. The blaspheme touch of the undead saps their strength, Alucina loses 3, Eiarland loses 5, and Talion loses 6; and even worse, the attack leaves them dazed

Dazed
The creature is unable to act normally. A dazed creature can take no actions, but has no penalty to AC.
A dazed condition typically lasts 1 round.

MikelaC1
2014-11-28, 07:48 AM
initiative: Talion (dazed, so no action); Thundrick up, Safiya on deck, END ROUND

DrK
2014-11-28, 01:28 PM
Thundrik curses under her breath as the beasts strike back at her companions before she steps forward shockingly flames drop from the skies steam rising from her frame as she winces in pain.

Flame strike on 3 undead - damn their cold resistance!
[roll0] half fire, half divine Ref DC25 for half

MikelaC1
2014-11-28, 01:45 PM
(Awww crap, I was so looking forward to being able to cackle wildly when Thundrick tried to use cold on them...:smallmad:)

Flames are the best way to deal with the blasphemes and divine flames even moreso, as the beasts suffer greatly at the spells of the northern witch. They aren't done for, but they are suddenly looking less in control of the battle than they were.

Safiya up, END ROUND.

The_Snark
2014-11-28, 03:19 PM
Safiya frowns slightly as the undead monstrosities lay into her allies-of-the-moment. Such creatures are immune to most of her usual tricks. Normally, that means she'd just default to supporting her companions while they dispose of the things, but from the look of things the fight isn't going well - all three of the creatures have latched on with tooth and claw, and something in those bites is leaving the front-liners reeling. She'll most likely need to fix them up anyway after the battle, and as long as she's expending power on that...

She speaks a single word to invoke her patron's power, and divine energy surges outward, mending her comrades' wounds and washing clean their souls even as it tears apart the undead.

Standard action: cast mass heal. Alucina, Eiarland and Talion are healed up to 250 damage, have all ability damage restored, and are no longer dazed. Each of the blasphemes takes 250 points of damage from positive energy; a Will save (DC 33) halves the damage and keeps it from reducing their hit points below 1, as per the Harm spell.

MikelaC1
2014-11-28, 06:02 PM
The tide of battle was already turning against the blasphemes, and Safiya's spell really tilts the playing field. The dazing and strength loss caused by the blasphemes is completely wiped away, and the positive energy tears the undead apart. One drops totally, and the other two are now hanging on by only a thread.

END ROUND
Alucina up, Eiarland on deck, Asharra in the hole.

Ridai
2014-11-28, 06:26 PM
HP 358/358, DR 2/-
Active effects greater magic weapon, blindsight, telepathic bond, haste (?), greater invisibility (?)

The moment Alucina is freed from the wicked effects of the blaspheme's bite, lightning courses through her lower arms and batons as the smell of ozone fills the air. Absolutely no time is wasted in clubbing the remaining creatures to a sizzling second death starting with their skulls, each impact underlined by a small, hissing flash and driving urgency.

Targetting one of the blasphemes, switching to the next one if the first dies.

Full attack
Channeling shocking grasp (5d6 electricity) with the full attack

Attack 1 (main hand): [roll0], [roll1] + [roll2] + [roll3] damage
Attack 2 (main hand): [roll4], [roll5] + [roll6] + [roll7] damage
Attack 3 (off hand): [roll8], [roll9] + [roll10] + [roll11] damage
Attack 4 (main hand): [roll12], [roll13] + [roll14] + [roll15] damage
Attack 5 (off hand): [roll16], [roll17] + [roll18] + [roll19] damage
Attack 6 (main hand): [roll20], [roll21] + [roll22] + [roll23] damage
Attack 7 (off hand): [roll24], [roll25] + [roll26] + [roll27] damage
Attack 8 (main hand): [roll28], [roll29] + [roll30] + [roll31] damage
Attack 9 (off hand): [roll32], [roll33] + [roll34] + [roll35] damage

MikelaC1
2014-11-28, 06:48 PM
And with Alucina going downtown on the two remaining blasphemes, the battle is ended as both of them fall to her batons.

Thokk_Smash
2014-11-28, 06:58 PM
Talion shakes off the stagnation just as Alucina's batons utterly crush the opposition once more. A recurring pattern, and one to make a note to put into the epic that this quest will become. Excellent work, all; wish I could've been of more help, though, he says with a sheepish grin.

He doesn't bother to dispel the illusory copies of himself, and instead moves to enter the room. He surveys the interior, supposing that if there were guardians then there might be more doors.

BelGareth
2014-11-28, 07:17 PM
As Eiarland is hit, he stumbles to a knee, raising a hand to his temple, the room wouldn't stop spinning, and there was nothing he could do but ride out the storm, luckily the damnable thing's bites were not too painful and only caused a minor wound, except his formidable strength seemed sapped, like the undead monsters supped on it like a fine wine.

But then the magic washed over him, cleansing him of his wounds, and returning his strength to him, he nodded to the cleric and raised back to his knee ready to deliver the finishing blow if Alucina did not, but, he was disappointed, and her combat prowess cackled with fizzes and pops as she shattered the undead remains to pieces...

He watches at the doorway as they search the room, wondering which one would lead them deeper into the crypt

MikelaC1
2014-11-28, 09:33 PM
The explorations continue, however all 6 of the rooms in the eastern corridor prove to be empty (other than the one which held the blasphemes), and none of them have any doors that lead deeper into the crypt. Perhaps, they were tombs for worshippers of lesser means.

Thokk_Smash
2014-11-28, 10:04 PM
During the explorations, Talion casts Prestidigitation and cleans his companions of the dirt that the golem had left; even, begrudgingly, Asherra's clothing.

Well, if this wing doesn't have anything of note, let's be off to another, he says, walking down where they came from. Alucina or Eiarland, as long as there's only one then one of you should probably open this door; if there's anything behind it, then you'll be in a position to strike first. He takes up a position a half dozen feet behind and to the side of the door and waits for it to be opened.

MikelaC1
2014-11-28, 10:15 PM
(There is a door to the south, and a door to the west, if you return to the room where the golem was)

DrK
2014-11-29, 02:03 AM
Thundrik looked at the remains an eye on Safiya, a smile and a nod if respect for the power she unleashed. Looking around at the bare rooms she murmred Empty rooms devoid of treasure, this is not the tomb delving of my youth.

Striding confidently back to the golem room she looks at the other 2 doors. That one(the west one)I suspect will be like the anterooms we just explored. That one may lead deeper into this place. Shall we clear the other anterooms first?

Obviously haste is gone now
But are blindsight, invisibility, telepathy or conviction still running?

The_Snark
2014-11-29, 06:11 AM
"I'd rather secure our main objective first and worry about exploring the rest later, if at all," hums Safiya as she finishes another spell; this one has no visible effect. "But if the west door is just another set of crypts it would only be a brief delay, so I shan't complain too strenuously if the rest of you prefer it. Would you all present your weapons for me to see clearly, please? I can't keep doing what I just did back there, but I can imbue your weapons to strike true against the dead if we encounter more... bows and melee, if you're carrying both, I have to get them all at once... there."

She casts her spell, sending a brief pulse of positive energy over those assembled. It quickly fades, leaving only a pale glow like candlelight glimmering around the weapons presented. A second spell sends another wave of light washing over the group, this time forming into translucent planes of armor; these glint for a few seconds before fading away into nothing.

"There. Now; Alucina, Eiarland" - she pronounces the northern name carefully but correctly - "I think I can work up something to help you hit a bit harder, but it'll feel rather strange. Your gear already includes most of the standard enchantments I can manage..."

More buff spells!

First, Safiya is casting sign on herself (grants her a +4 bonus to her next initiative roll).

Second, she casting a chained undead bane weapon on everyone's weapons (she can affect up to 21 weapons). Affected weapons gain the undead bane quality (in addition to any magic they already have, though it doesn't stack if they're already undead-bane) and are treated as good for the purposes of overcoming damage reduction. Lasts 1 hour/level.

The third spell is simply a chained death ward.

Have added a list of active spells and a tracker for spells cast/day to my sheet.

Ridai
2014-11-29, 10:52 AM
Alucina continues the beatdown a bit longer than she has to, making sure to crush the blasphemes' heads entirely. Only then does she stop, though with her batons ready and muscles tense, trying to see if there are any dangers left. Seeing none, she breathes out thrice, each time progressively longer, to ease the tension from her body and flow back into her usual stance, putting away her weapons burned clean by her lightning. "Damn."

The prestidigitation is gladly welcomed, a quick shiver running from top to bottom now that she is finally clean again. Hearing Talion's comment, she chimes in with "Gods, I'm just glad we weren't alone, otherwise it wouldn't even have been a fight. Helplessly being devoured alive still ranks pretty high on the nasty fate list." The gish flashes a smile and gives a flourished little bow to Safiya, the definitive matchwinner of this fight, but also everyone else.

"If the west looks like the east, I think we can save it for the clean-up." Alucina presents her batons when it is requested, curious. She recognizes the spells woven by Safiya, raising her eyebrows in pleasant surprise. "Thanks! It's nice to be pampered a bit for a change." But wait there's more, apparently. "What do you have in mind?"

The_Snark
2014-11-30, 07:02 AM
Safiya waves off the thanks with a smile - "I'd have been in the same place if I'd happened to be the first one into the room, you know. I'm sure any of you could have come to my rescue too."

"Two spells, actually. The first is a little-used spell originally devised by serpent folk, I believe; yuan-ti sorcerers use it to emulate their idols and rulers, while the naga turn it to more practical purposes. It fashions extra arms out of flesh and conjured gold. Very pretty visually, but it's never caught on; frankly it's just not very practical, most people don't train themselves how to fight with arms they don't normally have... The second is an obscure spell designed to fuse multiple limbs into a single, stronger one. Not much use to most people; I don't know its proper history, but I suppose it must have been designed by a marilith or some such creature. In any case, they're not much used, and with good reason - but put the two together..." She spreads her hands, the end result obvious (at least to her).

"It's perfectly safe, of course. I only ask because I don't like to transmute people without their permission. Wards are one thing, shapechanging is quite another."

The spells Safiya is referring to are Girallon's Blessing and Fuse Arms, respectively. I'm making stuff up as I go when talking about the spells' histories - if anything actively contradicts established setting, Mikela, let me know and I'll correct.

Ridai
2014-11-30, 08:10 AM
"Ah, those. The one for fusing arms is also only rarely used among beings who naturally have more than two arms. Marilith especially don't use it, as it would make them much, much weaker in combat, given that they can already easily break someone in half. Only for utility purposes and very rare circumstances, such as people only have two arms normally and want a little extra oomph." Alucina speaks with knowledge, experience and confidence on the matter. Perhaps hardly surprising with her being a high-ranking follower of a redeemed marilith goddess specializing in multi-handed gish combat.

"I'm okay with it, but by the time we have taken off our shirts and armor, have the spells cast on us, put everything back on again and all that, other spells have probably run out again. And I wouldn't like to get caught half-naked by wandering nasties. At the start of our next mission though, I'm all for it."

The_Snark
2014-11-30, 07:23 PM
Safiya blinks. "Armor. Goodness, that hadn't occurred to me. Most of the shapechanging spells I'm familiar with account for clothing and armor, but I've never actually used this one, and given its origins... Yes, I suppose we'll leave that experiment for another time."

She smiles apologetically. "I'll keep thinking, then - I'm something of a collector when it comes to obscure magics, I'm sure I have something that could help. In the meantime, though, let's not delay any further..."

She moves to the southern door, eyeing it up and down in case of unpleasant surprises, and then (presuming none are found) opens it.

Taking 10 to search for traps on the southern door, total of 52.

MikelaC1
2014-11-30, 09:28 PM
When you talk about a crypt for followers of a god of wealth, you expect money. Lots and lots of money. Unfortunately, wherever theres money in a tomb, there are graverobbers. And this door opens into biggest part of the crypt, a room where most of the middle ranked in terms of wealth were buried. And, since they were buried with a lot of their wealth, the place has been ransacked. All of the sarcophagus have been opened and dumped, the bones of the dead lying around the room, with the thieves having looked for every last copper they could find. Most of the sarcophagus aren't even whole any more, robbers having scraped the gold gilding from every one or plucked any gems from them. Time of course has also had its effect, and most of the contents have turned to dust as well.
The group can see doors to the east, west, and another one leading even further south.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2014-11-30, 09:51 PM
Asharra

"Left again?" the devil suggests. She was quite grateful to the bard for the cleansing of her attire, and told him as much at the time, even if it made him uncomfortable, but she's back to business now. "Unless one of you can scry the tomb to tell where unlooted chambers are, I would still recommend the methodical approach."

Question for The Snark and Mikela: Will the bane spell adversely affect Asharra? If so, she would have politely, but firmly, declined its use on her weapons.

BelGareth
2014-11-30, 10:04 PM
Eiarland almost howls as the damnable monsters are felled, you could tell he was in some kind of bloodlust, and it was curiuos as to whether he would turn on something else to satiate his desire, and he almost does, but it fades, through an abovious well defined and honed will.

You fell perhaps, that a lesser barbarian would have fallen to such a desire, but Eiarland shrugs it off as easily as the magic that cleansed them, and walks away without a heavy breath or anything adverse.

He helps search, but fails to find anything anyone lose missed.

He nods to Safiya and offers his axe for enchanting with eagerness and grins as he watches his axe shimmer with magic.

He answers the devil woman "aye, left again sounds good to me." And he goes to open the door.

DrK
2014-12-01, 02:55 AM
Looking around Thundrik gently lays down the staff before calling on the primal forces if the world. Her body shifting, fur sprouting and claws extending as she morphed into a white furred snow ape, albeit one bedecked in magic.
Over their telepathy the other heroes can feel the shift in her thinking...

Picking up the staff she channels natures fury becoming an avatar of nsture ...

Into a legendary ape
Cast natures avatar with snow as component from the ice around them as its unearthly cold [roll0] temp hps

Ridai
2014-12-01, 04:16 AM
"Left sounds good. Scrying is pretty dangerous when nasties are shielded from it." Batons ready, she is right with Eiarland.

MikelaC1
2014-12-01, 08:01 AM
The first indication that something is wrong comes from the eerie rattle of bones. The hairs on the back of your necks rise as the bones in the room start to move, and within seconds, they have all formed together into something. Not a skeleton, although vaguely humanoid, and whatever it is, looks hungry.

Ridai
2014-12-01, 04:22 PM
HP 358/358, DR 2/-
Active effects greater magic weapon, blindsight, telepathic bond, conviction, death ward, undead bane weapons

"Hold that thought." In a (literal, electric) flash, Alucina spins around, crackling batons with a side of extra bane already directed right at the creature. She could step to the side, but that would mean stepping out of path between the monster and her allies, notably the ones who (potentially) count on the frontliners being in front. Can't have that. After the nasty surprise last fight, Alucina immediately has at it, each strike flowing into the next, determined to pound the skeleton monster into dust (and the ground while she is at it).

Targetting that undead monster.

Full attack
Alucina uses a level 4 slot for Arcane Strike for +4 attack, +4d4 damage
Channeling shocking grasp (5d6) with the full attack
+2 attack/+2d6+2 damage due to bane (ignore if it doesn't apply)

Attack 1 (main hand): [roll0], [roll1] + [roll2] + [roll3] + [roll4] damage
Attack 2 (main hand): [roll5], [roll6] + [roll7] + [roll8] + [roll9] damage
Attack 3 (off hand): [roll10], [roll11] + [roll12] + [roll13] + [roll14] damage
Attack 4 (main hand): [roll15], [roll16] + [roll17] + [roll18] + [roll19] damage
Attack 5 (off hand): [roll20], [roll21] + [roll22] + [roll23] + [roll24] damage
Attack 6 (main hand): [roll25], [roll26] + [roll27] + [roll28] + [roll29] damage
Attack 7 (off hand): [roll30], [roll31] + [roll32] + [roll33] + [roll34] damage
Attack 8 (main hand): [roll35], [roll36] + [roll37] + [roll38] + [roll39] damage
Attack 9 (off hand): [roll40], [roll41] + [roll42] + [roll43] + [roll44] damage

MikelaC1
2014-12-01, 09:27 PM
All of Alucina's attacks strike true, but this monstrosity is HUGE, and it just seems to shrug off the damage like its nothing, even though bones are cracking and falling off from the thing.

Safiya up, Asharra on deck, Talion in the hole

The_Snark
2014-12-01, 10:58 PM
"Oh my."

The next words out of Safiya's mouth are (predictably) those of a spell; a wave of illusion washes over the group, leaving all of them in slightly different positions... or so it seems; the six waver and flicker like a desert mirage, shifting location every few seconds. A second later, Safiya vanishes with a pop, reappearing silently behind the undead monstrosity.

Casting a chained displacement spell; everyone benefits from a 50% miss chance! Then casting knight's move to teleport into flanking position, with the vague hope that the creature will lose track of her. (Feel free to roll Hide if necessary). If she's attacked anyway, she has a couple of defensive spells she can use as an immediate action.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2014-12-02, 12:47 AM
Asharra

It feels very strange to the erinyes to have her weapons be blessed with holy magic, but it doesn't keep her from using them, firing another volley of arrows at the creature. "Why couldn't it be demons? I like killing demons," she mutters under her breath, rather tired already of the filthy, dirty, undead creatures.

Arrow are magic, good, evil, and lawful. Assuming both Talion's +5 inspiration and Safiya's bane effect both still apply.

Damage 1: [roll1] + [roll2] fire + [roll3] bane

Attack 2: [roll4]
Damage 2: [roll5] + [roll6] fire + [roll7] bane

Attack 3: [roll8]
Damage 3: [roll9] + [roll10] fire + [roll11] bane

Attack 4: [roll12]
Damage 4: [roll13] + [roll14] fire + [roll15] bane

MikelaC1
2014-12-02, 07:27 AM
The volley of arrows from the devil are finally looking like they are taking a toll on the undead monstrosity, its slowing down considerably although not quite finished yet.

Talion up, Eiarland on deck, boneyard in the hole, Thundrick to follow

Thokk_Smash
2014-12-02, 11:38 AM
Big beastie, but you know what they say: the bigger they are… Talion grins and raises his hand: under his glove, a slight white glow can faintly be seen. With a few words that sound much holier than his earlier command, a burst of white-blue energy races from his hand towards the undead abomination.

Spirit Blast, so I deal bonus damage equal to damage dice.

SR: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

MikelaC1
2014-12-02, 01:43 PM
Talion's spell manages to cut through the spell resistance of the monstrosity, and finally the creature falls, the bones clattering back to the ground as the force animating them leaves.

DrK
2014-12-02, 01:55 PM
The now shimmering white furred ape shrugs lazily scratching at herself where the magical belt and bracers chafe her hair slightly. A wry thought "With your speed and strength Alucina the rest of us are merely along for the ride. How did one so slight become so impressive?

Who says melee builds are weak :smallsmile:
She's putting the theoretical tier 1/2 builds to shame. I love it.

MikelaC1
2014-12-02, 01:59 PM
The now shimmering white furred ape shrugs lazily scratching at herself where the magical belt and bracers chafe her hair slightly. A wry thought "With your speed and strength Alucina the rest of us are merely along for the ride. How did one so slight become so impressive?

Who says melee builds are weak :smallsmile:
She's putting the theoretical tier 1/2 builds to shame. I love it.

This is just a warm up adventure, and a chance for me to test drive these PCs. Ive learned two things already.

BelGareth
2014-12-02, 02:09 PM
Eiarland was, once again, standing ready to bring his axe to bear.

And once again, he was beaten to the punch, these beings were faster than he ever was, and it was infuriating him.

"feikinstafir! EVERY time!" he shakes his head and drops his weapon arm down "Alucina, would you care to stop hogging the foes!" "I have barely touched them, while you are hogging all the glory! The Valkyries are weeping that I cannot send any righteous foes to the halls of Valhalla!"

He throws his arms up as his aunt comments "Along for the ride?" he yells "I wasn't bought here to observe other warriors, I was bought here to fight." he huffs, kicking the fallen animated bones that were moments ago surging forward to attack them.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2014-12-02, 03:00 PM
Asharra

"If you would prefer, master Chieftain," Asharra says in the soft tones that come naturally to an evil temptress, "I shall withhold my arrows from the next undead creature so you may sate your bloodlust."

Ridai
2014-12-02, 03:58 PM
"Sorry you're pissed, but something wants me dead, I tend to fight back, as does everyone else present including you. I don't give a rat's ass about frickin' glory, I've got a job to do and people to watch out for." Alucina sharply blows a strand of hair out of her face and shakes her head. She isn't in the mood to respond to Thundrik. Things are going to get much worse soon, as they always do, and it'll be back to staying alive.

Unless anyone else has anything to add, Alucina is back to following the left-hand wall.

Looking forward to the adjusted adventures. I like being in the useful middle of a game's power scale, not towards either extreme of it. Having no clue how strong or weak a character is when putting one together isn't fun.

BelGareth
2014-12-02, 04:15 PM
Eiarland ignores the comment from Asharra with a wave of his hand, and is nonplussed when Alucina retorts, even if it was a little rude. He was merely aggravated, he was a warrior, and he was getting no action, his temper was rising, but nothing was satiating it completely, out of all the things they had already encountered, he had swung his axe three times.

While conversely, Alucina had swung more than that with the golems....maybe he was getting slow? Maybe his age was getting the best of him, and he couldn't keep up with the young'uns anymore? He frowned as he dismissed his oversized axe back to its storage area in his gloves and followed them to the door.

It was possible, he was mortal, even with his large stature, age and time can erode even the hardest outcrop, or, maybe he was being tested somehow?

Snarling at himself and his thoughts, he endeavored to be faster, as before, but with a little more 'oomph'.

The_Snark
2014-12-02, 04:32 PM
Safiya very carefully does not laugh at the sight of the nine-foot-tall chieftain scowling and kicking at the floor like a petulant child. That would be... impolitic. "We've outnumbered every enemy we've met so far, and outmatched them too, unless I miss my guess," she says instead, giving the northern warrior an apologetic smile on Alucina's behalf. "No doubt we'll find sturdier foes sooner or later. The gods wouldn't have called you if they didn't think you would be needed, master Eiarland."

(In fact, if she were a god she wouldn't have minded a little overkill on a task like this, especially since the northerners seem happy to perform this labor without compensation. But no need to mention that.)

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2014-12-02, 05:06 PM
Asharra

"Indeed," Asharra agrees with Safiya. "Given the stakes, it's likely that we may face armies at some point. Plenty of death for all, then. I know that there are devil princes who would give much to regain the power they lost when the Elder Gods fell. And sooner our later, what we are doing will reach their ears. Among others, I'm sure, who'll want the jewels for themselves."

BelGareth
2014-12-02, 05:23 PM
Eiarland looks a little sheepish as the others try to soothe his nerves, with quick and cold realization, he knew he had acted like a child, and the thought of such a thing provoked his anger further.

Not a man of many words, he frowns and nods in acceptance, "Aye, I know, and it is only the brash youth in me that calls out to such a thing, I eager for battle, yes, but I do not want you all to be hurt in my lust for it, I am ashamed of my actions and thoughts, and will endeavor to protect you all as best I can, and if that is in the shadow of this she-warrior," he puffs up his chest a little "Then so be it!"

Ridai
2014-12-02, 05:42 PM
A chuckle. "You'll find that shadow much too small for that to happen."

MikelaC1
2014-12-02, 06:59 PM
The left hand door opens to a room containing sarcophaguses. Unlike the previous room, these coffins have not been desecrated (to the same extent, at least). Unfortunately, the sound of the last battle (or at least that's what you assume alerted them) has roused the dead, as 5 mummies are coming out of their eternal slumber and look like they are quite upset about the situation.

Ridai
2014-12-03, 02:41 AM
"After you." Alucina gestures to Eiarland as if guiding a valued guest into a restaurant.

MikelaC1
2014-12-03, 07:33 AM
Talion up, Eiarland on deck, Alucina in the hole, Asharra to follow.
(Eiarland finally gets a chance to shine, unless Talion has some unknown "destroy 5 mummies" spell)

Thokk_Smash
2014-12-03, 11:41 AM
(This is obviously the time Talion busts out the nuke! …not :smalltongue: )

Talion grins and gestures as well. Plenty to go around this time, he says, taking out his lute and beginning to strum a new song of vigor and courage.

Inspire Courage; +5 morale bonus to-hit/damage and on Will saves vs fear

BelGareth
2014-12-03, 12:22 PM
Eiarland grins as the new monsters enter the fray, and he readies himself to follow the Alucina in.

And is a little surprised when he is the first in, he grins not hesitating a moment and lunges headlong into them, whirling his greataxe around like he was about to fell several trees at once.

free action to rage
free action to draw weapon from glove
free action to activate boots of haste

Slashing fury, Whirling frenzy Full Power attack (-20 off AC with Shocktrooper), each attack will be using rampaging bullrush + Knockback feats to attempt to knock them down (prone).

Axe counts as Magic, good, adamantine, and grants a -2 penalty to SR for one round, which stacks.

[roll0]
[roll1] + [roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5] + [roll6]
[roll7]

[roll8]
[roll9] + [roll10]
[roll11]

[roll12]
[roll13] + [roll14]
[roll15]

[roll16]
[roll17] + [roll18]
[roll19]

[roll20]
[roll21] + [roll22]
[roll23]

[roll24]
[roll25] + [roll26]
[roll27]

AC is now 28

MikelaC1
2014-12-03, 02:52 PM
Its been a while coming but Eiarland finally gets to display just why he was chosen for this mission as he busts out a full attack on one of the mummies...and what an attack it is. By the time his axe has finished swinging, one mummy is lying destroyed on the floor with little more than rags fluttering from it.

Alucina up, Asharra on deck, Safiya in the hole, mummies to follow

Ridai
2014-12-03, 04:15 PM
HP 358/358, DR 2/-
Active effects greater magic weapon, blindsight, telepathic bond, conviction, death ward, undead bane weapons

"Some problems just solve themselves." With no further delay, Alucina joins the battle, lightning arcing from her batons.

Targetting the nearest mummy

Full attack

Attack 4 (main hand): [roll15], [roll16] + [roll17] + [roll18] + [roll19] damage
Attack 6 (main hand): [roll25], [roll26] + [roll27] + [roll28] + [roll29] damage
Attack 8 (main hand): [roll35], [roll36] + [roll37] + [roll38] + [roll39] damage

Random thought: I wish I could have different elemental touch spells. Fire for the visuals would be great. Would require at least two feats, though.

MikelaC1
2014-12-03, 08:38 PM
Alucina's attack routine is a flurry as well, and while it isn't quite as much as Eiarland, it is enough to finish off a second mummy.

Asharra up, Safiya on deck, mummies in the hole

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2014-12-04, 10:51 AM
Asharra

Eirland happened to move faster than Asharra for a change, but she didn't mind, as it allowed her to remain true to her offer, despite the giant's apparent refusal of it. Now that the big man has had a chance to take out some of his aggression, Asharra lets her volley of arrows fly once again, attempting to soften up each of the foes with her fire arrows instead of eliminating just one.

Going to go for one arrow per mummy instead of focusing on just one.
Weapons count as magic, lawful, evil, good. Talion's +5 inspire and Safiya's bane (+2/+2d6) still in effect.

MikelaC1
2014-12-04, 11:32 AM
Arrow #1 mysteriously shatters in midflight, earning a grimace of annoyance from the erinyes, but the other 3 connect and all the previous undamaged mummies are now feeling the pain...although being undead, they don't actually feel pain

Safiya up, mummies on deck, Thundrick in the hole

The_Snark
2014-12-05, 06:30 AM
More undead. Really now. Of course there aren't many guardians who can endure centuries alone in a sealed underground chamber, and it is somewhat traditional for a crypt, but it makes the guardians so... predictable. Two of the mummies have already fallen; she gauges the others not worth expending more magic. Simplest to just hang back and let her companions finish mopping them up...

... but that wouldn't look good, and magic isn't her only talent. Safiya may be starting to feel her age, but that doesn't mean she's helpless in close quarters. She closes the distance to the leftmost mummy before it has a chance to react, lashing out once-twice-thrice with her carved adamant rod. A smidge of divine power lets each blow hit that much harder.

As they haven't acted yet, the mummies should be flat-footed. Safiya will cast grave strike as a swift action, allowing her to sneak attack undead for the rest of the round. Then she will proceed to sneak attack undead!

Damage: [roll1] plus [roll2] sneak attack

Damage: [roll4] plus [roll5] sneak attack

Damage: [roll7] plus [roll8] sneak attack

Note that Safiya's displacement spell may still be active from the last fight, unless it's been >3 minutes since then.

MikelaC1
2014-12-05, 08:38 AM
The mummy endures the withering attack of Safiya, bits and pieces of wrapping falling off of him, but not enough to finish him. In turn however, instead of attacking, the mummies appear to be casting, and the group suddenly remembers that some mummies retain the powerful casting abilities they had in life, commonly referred to as mummy lords.
A wave of pure negative energy washes over the group as the first mummy casts Mass Harm. The second mummy gestures, and a bolt of electricity hits Alucina, and then jumps from person to person, hitting every member of the group. The last mummy, the one beset by Safiya, speaks a single word UNHOLY and evil power washes over the group.

Crunchy bits
250 points, WILL Save DC28 for half
120 points to Alucina, half to everyone else, REF Save DC28 for half
All non-evil people (including neutrals) are blinded, deafened. NO Save....yes, I know, it probably sounds like sweet music to the erinyes

DrK
2014-12-05, 01:59 PM
Thundrik flinches as lightning and negative energy wash over her. Safiyah's wards protect her from harm before her monkey agility allows her to roll aside from the lightning. Sadly the concussive effect of the unholy word leaves her stricken, ears ringing and eyes blackened.

Undaunted by blindness she begins summoning beasts of primal fury to assist her...

Summon nature 7

MikelaC1
2014-12-05, 02:24 PM
As Thundrick conjures and designates a point, a massive and very hungry dire tiger appears.

Unless a person loses control of a summoned creature or they are stubborn about aiding, you do the actions and rolls

MikelaC1
2014-12-05, 08:34 PM
END ROUND 1
BEGIN ROUND 2
Talion (blinded, deafened) up, Eiarland (blinded, deafened) on deck, Alucina (blinded, deafened) in the hole.

Thokk_Smash
2014-12-07, 12:45 AM
Groping around in his pack, Talion retrieves his Staff of Life and attempts to cure himself of his ailments.

Take ten on UMD vs DC 20, which I auto make.

Use the staff to cast Heal. Deafness fail chance, 20 or below is a failure: [roll0]

MikelaC1
2014-12-07, 10:39 AM
Despite his ailments, Talion manages to get his staff, and heals himself of his problems.

Eiarland up (B&D), Alucina on deck (B&D), Asharra in the hole (still liking the echos of the Word)

BelGareth
2014-12-08, 12:47 AM
Suddenly everything had gone black, he couldn't here himself, only the pulsing bass of his heartbeat as he yelled out loud and whirled with his axe in frenetic defense.

Somehow he had lost sight and sound of the mummies...of everything and he had no intrinsic way of getting rid of it, he would have to deal with it as best he could.

He knew the others may be faring as bad, so he did the only thing he could think of, he moved towards the mummy that was left, moved toward it until he touched the damned thing, if he could provoke it, maybe it would only attack him, and not the others.

Will move toward one of the mummies that was not destroyed, hoping they hadn't moved since last (per init, they shouldn't have) and then make an attack action.

Free action for boots of speed, which doubles my halved speed, keeping it at 50ft. (halved from being blinded)
total concealment check for attack [roll0] (less than 51 is auto miss)

[roll1] (power attack for -12)
[roll2] + [roll3]

Ridai
2014-12-08, 03:53 AM
HP 328/358, DR 2/-
Active effects greater magic weapon, blindsight, telepathic bond, conviction, death ward, undead bane weapons, blinded, deafened

Head ringing, but otherwise dark and silent, some reverberations through her body. Through her telepathic bond, she is laughing. "Time to practice flailing in the dark. Procrastinated long enough with that."

Step one: find a target. Best bet is the mummy that shouted the lights out, got a good indication of distance and position through that.

Step two: get there. Not trusting the floor blindly, Alucina blinks in and out of existance, hoping to appear next to the mummy (and far away from Safiya, aiming to the side she wasn't on previously).

Step three: start flailing. Trying to get her lightning going in time, she goes for fast, wide spins to find the mummy and hopefully clobber it to dust (or start doing that).

Swift action to teleport next to the mummy that cast Unholy Word, then attack it

Full attack

Since Alucina only casts once, one check to see if she fails to cast shocking grasp (fail on a 1) [roll0]
Miss on a 1 due to concealment

Attack 1 (main hand): [roll1], [roll2] + [roll3] + [roll4] + [roll5] damage (miss chance [roll6])
Attack 2 (main hand): [roll7], [roll8] + [roll9] + [roll10] + [roll11] damage (miss chance [roll12])
Attack 3 (off hand): [roll13], [roll14] + [roll15] + [roll16] + [roll17] damage (miss chance [roll18])
Attack 4 (main hand): [roll19], [roll20] + [roll21] + [roll22] + [roll23] damage (miss chance [roll24])
Attack 5 (off hand): [roll25], [roll26] + [roll27] + [roll28] + [roll29] damage (miss chance [roll30])
Attack 6 (main hand): [roll31], [roll32] + [roll33] + [roll34] + [roll35] damage (miss chance [roll36])
Attack 7 (off hand): [roll37], [roll38] + [roll39] + [roll40] + [roll41] damage (miss chance [roll42])
Attack 8 (main hand): [roll43], [roll44] + [roll45] + [roll46] + [roll47] damage (miss chance [roll48])
Attack 9 (off hand): [roll49], [roll50] + [roll51] + [roll52] + [roll53] damage (miss chance [roll54])

MikelaC1
2014-12-08, 08:17 AM
The solid thunk at the end of his swing tells Eiarland that he did connect with the mummy, although he's just starting the process of dealing with it, so the undead thing isn't even close to dead. Meanwhile, Alucina moves to flank the mummy that is attacking Sofiya and while several of her attacks connect, several go wide and the beast is still up.

Asharra up, Safiya on deck, mummies in the hole

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2014-12-09, 10:55 AM
Asharra

Asharra had started swearing sulfurously, as only a fiend can truly do, at the poor craftsmanship of the arrow that shattered; the cursing was cut short by the Unholy Word emanating from the mummy which put a smile on her face, and left her humming along to musical echos of the Word in her mind. She loved the sound, but it didn't give her any reason to spare the creatures attacking her current allies, and lets off another volley of arrows.

Arrows count as magical, good, lawful, evil, and undead bane. Bonuses from Inspire Courage and Bane applied:

MikelaC1
2014-12-09, 03:48 PM
Looking the situation over, Asharra decides that Eiarland is in the most danger, being directly threatened by a mummy, and fires her arrows against it. This time, all of her arrows strike true and the mummy takes significant damage, but not enough to stop it.

Safiya up, mummies on deck, Thundrick in the hole

The_Snark
2014-12-09, 04:14 PM
"Bother."

The blasphemous echoes wash over Safiya harmlessly, but she can see the affects it has on the rest as they flail about blindly. They're not doing badly, all things considered, but... no, no, this simply won't do. She takes a careful step away from Alucina and her whirlwind assault (not aimed in her direction, but still too close for comfort) and invokes a simple healing spell, casting it outward and watching it leap from Alucina's eyes to Eiarland's and then to Talion and the great bear's.

"There. Now, I apologize for the inconvenience, but I believe these things will be easier to handle with magic taken off the table..." A second spell - just a single word - plunges the area into total silence.

"Use the bond rather than speaking, please. Try to keep them from moving away from me - and if you must speak, you can move back out of my range."

Standard action: cast a chained remove blindness/deafness on the party, thereby removing blindness.
Swift action: cast a quickened silence spell. No sound within 20 feet of Safiya, including spells with verbal components.
Move action: tumble into flanking position on Alucina's target, just in case.

MikelaC1
2014-12-09, 06:31 PM
Safiya's spell cures the rest of blindness/deafness afflicting the party, and then her silence spell shuts down two of the mummies efforts to cast. (The ones on Eiarland and Alucina, the other is more than 20 ft away). If the mummies could express dissatisfaction, they would, but that's beyond their vocal capabilities. So, instead, they choose to batter their opponents, Alucina gets hit once for 25, and Eiarland gets hit once for 26. Both of them can also feel a rot trying to take hold of their bodies, a result of the mummy touch.
FORT DC30 [roll0] CON+CHA damage
Meanwhile, the last mummy who can still cast, calls down a roaring column of flame on the summoned tiger, dealing 83 points

MikelaC1
2014-12-09, 08:43 PM
Thundrick up, END ROUND

DrK
2014-12-09, 10:45 PM
Thundrik smiles as her vision clears in time to see her massive dire tiger appear. Then get blasted by black flames! The beast emerging singed and angry. Before it charges at the mummy at the back that had flamed it. Smoke rising from it and its breath steaming as cold nips and numbs it.

Charge the mummy that flamed it
Rake [roll0] dam [roll1]
Rake [roll2] dam [roll3]
Claw [roll4] dam [roll5]
Claw [roll6] dam [roll7]
Bite [roll8] dam [roll9] + imp grab [roll10]

Tiger takes [roll11] from the extreme cold

HP's 52 / 148

Thundrik herself filled with nature's fury steps forward staff spinning as she zaps a mummy with cold so piercing even the dead can feel it before slamming it repeatedly with her staff of frost powered by primal strength.

Circlet rapid casting
Piercing freezing ray at Alucina's mummy
[roll12] dam half of [roll13] SR if needed [roll14]
[roll15] dam half of [roll16] SR if needed [roll17]
[roll18] dam half of [roll19] SR if needed [roll20]

Step and beat down Eirlands mummy with undead bane staff of frost
[roll21] dam [roll22] plus [roll23] cold
[roll24] dam [roll25] plus [roll26] cold
[roll27] dam [roll28] plus [roll29] cold

Edit: I must remember to ask for a GMW on my staff!

MikelaC1
2014-12-10, 07:43 AM
The tiger begins the process of tearing and ripping at the mummy, and while it is doing damage, the attacks it makes expose him to the mummy rot that simple contact causes.
FORT, DC30, or 9 points to CON+CHA
Meanwhile, the rays of frost finish off Alucina's mummy, while the beatdown helps but does not finish the mummy on Eiarland

END ROUND
Talion up, Eiarland on deck, Alucina in the hole.

Thokk_Smash
2014-12-10, 03:04 PM
Oh, how wonderful it would be if you could be inspired by my music within our own heads. Let's be rid of these monstrosities so we can hear once more.

Moving out of the range of Safiya's Silence, Talion calls upon his fiendish side's powers once more. With a twist of his soul, he suffuses the normally-unholy energy with light and fires it at the mummy lord next to Eiarland. With a sweeping gesture, the energy arcs from Eiarland's enemy to the mummy that the tiger is menacing.

Spirit Blast and Eldritch Chain, first on Eiarland's enemy and then the tiger's enemy.

To-hit on Eiarland's (including +5 Inspire Courage, -4 for shooting into melee): [roll0]
[roll1]

To-hit on tiger's: [roll2]
[roll3]

MikelaC1
2014-12-10, 04:34 PM
The blast finishes off the mummy engaged by Eiarland, and then jumps to the tiger mummy. Still in pretty good shape, the mummy takes the damage and keeps on going.

Eiarland up, Alucina on deck, Asharra in the hole

BelGareth
2014-12-12, 01:13 AM
Seeing the mummy fall before him, with his own eyes was enough to make Eiarland scream at the world, and so he leaped at the only available outlet of his fury and swung his mighty axe like the monstrosity was the ancient tree Yggdrasill which supported reality itself.

Charge leap attack, using shocktroooper for PA penalty to AC(-20).

[roll0]
[roll1] & [roll2]

Free bull rush attempt to knock over
[roll3]

Ridai
2014-12-12, 03:02 AM
HP 328/358, DR 2/-

The moment she regains her sight, Alucina snaps into a stable stance, scans the situation, then sprints towards the remaining mummy. Eiarland's huge body blocks her view on the mummy soon enough, but that doesn't stop her, rather using it to her advantage. While the undead is having to deal with a gigantic axe, Alucina suddenly appears overhead, arms once more erupting into lightning, slamming a baton into her target's head as she lands, flanking the creature. That was the plan anyway. Oh well, at least she is now flanking the mummy.

Moving to and attacking the remaining mummy. If it is still "alive", that is.
The transmuting weapons have adjusted to the mummy's DR, if they have any

Attack action

Attack (main hand): [roll0], [roll1] + [roll2] + [roll3] + [roll4] damage

MikelaC1
2014-12-12, 01:37 PM
Alucina's maneuver would have been spectacular if she had pulled it off, unfortunately she misjudges the attack angle, and it just glances off the mummy. Fortunately however, the attack wasn't even needed, as the powerful blow from Eiarland finished off the creature.

Battle over.

DrK
2014-12-12, 02:18 PM
Walking over Thundrik looks at wounded tiger now licking its wounds and gently ruffles it's coat. The scene with a monkey cuddling a vast tiger looks strange before with a wave of her hands she sends it back to where it had come from.

A potent tomb. Thanks to the gods we have the power to carry the day. looking about she motions onwards. Shall we find this great artifact? as she walks a cloud if snow erupts around her obscuring the sight of her within the raging snow storms centred on her.

Obscuring snow
- centred on her for the 28 hours

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2014-12-12, 02:49 PM
Asharra

As soon as the threat was neutralized, Asharra stashed her bow, and said, "If you'll excuse me, I'll be but a moment." Without waiting for anyone to reply, the devil teleports away.

And appears in a small weapons shop in Erandol, presumably startling the proprietor whom she immediately lights into verbally, "You worthless excuse for a shopkeeper. When I purchase goods from you, I expect them to function properly. Not two minutes ago one of the arrows you sold me shattered in mid-air. What sort of worthless goods are you pawning off on me, you vile piece of filth? I should string your entrails out for hellbeasts to feast upon. However, I'm in a terrible rush, so I'll spare you that, if you replace the arrow and compensate me for my time and trouble." She stands there impatiently tapping her foot with a fiendish snarl on her face, waiting expectantly for the shopkeeper to replace the shoddy arrow-- and perhaps throw in another quiver-full for her inconvenience. She kept the cursing to a minimum, not wanting to scare the proprietor into insensibility, just scaring him enough to hop to and get her taken care of.

Ridai
2014-12-12, 05:38 PM
Batons get holstered again, long having been seared clean by the crackling energy, Alucina's hands now holding her chained emerald to do away with her bruises while Asharra is gone. She nods to Eiarland from one warrior to another, fighting side by side, and also to the rest of the group. Everyone is doing a great job, and that fact is something that should be appreciated.

(Is this room a dead end or are there more doors?)

MikelaC1
2014-12-12, 10:33 PM
Asharra

As soon as the threat was neutralized, Asharra stashed her bow, and said, "If you'll excuse me, I'll be but a moment." Without waiting for anyone to reply, the devil teleports away.

And appears in a small weapons shop in Erandol, presumably startling the proprietor whom she immediately lights into verbally, "You worthless excuse for a shopkeeper. When I purchase goods from you, I expect them to function properly. Not two minutes ago one of the arrows you sold me shattered in mid-air. What sort of worthless goods are you pawning off on me, you vile piece of filth? I should string your entrails out for hellbeasts to feast upon. However, I'm in a terrible rush, so I'll spare you that, if you replace the arrow and compensate me for my time and trouble." She stands there impatiently tapping her foot with a fiendish snarl on her face, waiting expectantly for the shopkeeper to replace the shoddy arrow-- and perhaps throw in another quiver-full for her inconvenience. She kept the cursing to a minimum, not wanting to scare the proprietor into insensibility, just scaring him enough to hop to and get her taken care of.

Although this shopkeep does happen to deal often with devils, he's never been exposed to the full fury of an angry erinyes, and its clearly something he never wants to experience again. Not only does he replace the offending arrows, he gives Asharra a full quiver of new arrows that are silvered.

Batons get holstered again, long having been seared clean by the crackling energy, Alucina's hands now holding her chained emerald to do away with her bruises while Asharra is gone. She nods to Eiarland from one warrior to another, fighting side by side, and also to the rest of the group. Everyone is doing a great job, and that fact is something that should be appreciated.

(Is this room a dead end or are there more doors?)

There are no other doors in this room. You would have to retreat to the boneyard room, and then either go south or east. Although it seems you have to wait for your erinyes to return to the group.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2014-12-13, 12:29 AM
Asharra

"Thank you," Asharra says to the man, mollified somewhat by his compensation of silvered arrows. "Rest assured I shall recommend you as one who takes care of his clientele." Without another word she teleports back to where she left her party.

Asharra pops back into the room with the mummy corpses. "I apologize for the delay, but I couldn't let the defective arrow go unaddressed. Have you searched this room in the interim?"

Ridai
2014-12-13, 08:04 AM
"Nothing here," Alucina answers as she is done fixing everyone else's bruises. Next stop is the southern door in the boneyard room.

MikelaC1
2014-12-13, 10:47 AM
The southern door in the boneyard room opens into a corridor that runs east/west. As the group makes their way into it, they hear a stomping from the eastern end of the corridor. Coming into view from that direction are dreadful giant corpses, and even though its eyes are lifeless and devoid of mind, the creature still seems to promise swift death.

Now, a marching order has never been established, seeing as you have never fought in an enclosed space. There is enough room for two people to fight abreast, and seeing as the two principal melee participants are Alucina and Eiarland, it makes sense they would be upfront. Asharra is the bow specialist, and thus she would be in the second, along with Talion who spreads buffs through the group. Last row would therefore be Sofiya and Thundrick. If there are any objections to this, please post OOC and work it out.
This structure means Eiarland and Alucina are the only ones who can actually engage in melee, while the other 4 can provide whatever ranged support they want, unless someone is capable of changing their location very quickly.

Roll initiative

Ridai
2014-12-13, 06:35 PM
HP 358/358, AC 44 (T 31; -5 to ranged attacks), DR 2/-, resist 30 all elements
Active effects freedom of movement, mind blank, greater magic weapon, blindsight, telepathic bond, conviction, death ward, undead bane weapons

The group feels Alucina sigh over the mindnet. "No month without fractures." Can't be helped. She avoids visualizing (AND transmitting) a multilayered chart of all the broken bones she knows she had in her life, preferring to get it over with. Lightning crackles and hopefully soon undead bones start cracking.

Expanded the stat header with Alucina's constant immunities and resistances (including the effect from the lesser crystal of arrow deflection). Didn't include uncanny dodge, because, well, she's an epic level rogue, of course she has it.

Full attack if she can do so. If she could full attack after teleporting 10ft, she does so with Anklet of Translocation (swift action). Otherwise, just a single attack (ignore attacks 2-9).

Full attack

MikelaC1
2014-12-13, 06:53 PM
Correction: there was not a single hulking corpse, there were 2

Alucina springs into action, and most of her early attacks connect, however most of her later ones are just bouncing off armour. She manages to deal plenty of damage, but these brutes are just walking behemoths and can take a ton.

Eiarland up, Sofiya on deck, Talion in the hole, Asharra to follow

BelGareth
2014-12-13, 07:14 PM
Eiarland grins as he watches Alucina whirl like a dervish at the newcomers, as he flexed his arm muscles, and readied his axe for the flurry of blows he was about to deliver.

He scowls at the sight of the desecrated giants, and promises to himself, he will be bring low whoever stained the honor of this giant creatures.

With a swift action, his axe grows to twice the size, and you would think he couldn't wield it with such skill, but he manages, whirling it around his body with his two hands like some kind of Master Axeman, and he does with abandon, leveraging blows into the giants with as much strength as he can manage.

Free action: Boots of haste
Swift action: Change weapon size to Gargantuan (6d6 base damage, to total of -4 to hit)
Full round: Full Whirling frenzy, Slashing fury attack vs the one Alucina just attacked.

[roll0]
[roll1] + [roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4] + [roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7] + [roll8]

[roll9]
[roll10] + [roll11]

[roll12]
[roll13] + [roll14]

[roll15]
[roll16] + [roll17]

[roll18]
[roll19] + [roll20]

MikelaC1
2014-12-13, 07:27 PM
Several of Eiarland's attacks fail to connect, but enough of them do that he is able to finish off the corpse that Alucina started to work on. This leaves the second corpse undamaged, but does cut down the number of counter attacks possible.
However just as this attack takes place, the group hears more stamping coming from behind them, and two more of the hulking corpses are approaching from the rear of the group, towards the position manned by Sofiya and Thundrick.

Sofiya up, Talion on deck, Asharra in the hole, Hulks to follow

The_Snark
2014-12-13, 07:29 PM
Safiya sighs audibly. "Whoever built this place was far too fond of necromancy for their own good. Anyone who's gotten this far is unlikely to be put off by more walking corpses."

But evidently there's more to this particular room She raises her hand and intones the words to a spell. Moonlight shines outward from her palm, bathing the approaching monsters in gentle silver.

Standard action: cast moon bolt. Both undead creatures (the ones approaching from behind) must make a DC 28 Will save or fall prone and be helpless/unable to act for [roll0] rounds; after that, they take a -2 penalty on attack rolls and Will saves for 1 minute.

If attacked, Safiya will cast greater mirror image to try to throw off her attacker. If they target the correct image anyway, she'll cast shield to give herself a +13 shield bonus to AC for the round.

Edit - altered tactics slightly to account for new arrivals.

MikelaC1
2014-12-13, 08:11 PM
I assume you are using quicken to put up the greater mirror image? If so, please note that in your action descriptions, and if you are doing that, how are you casting the shield, and why is it +13?

The moon bolt blossoms out from Safiya's hand, and it is about as successful as she could hope for, one of the hulking corpses being taken out for the next while.

Talion up, Asharra on deck, Hulks in the hole.

Thokk_Smash
2014-12-14, 02:44 AM
Greater Mirror Image is an immediate action casting time; from the PHB II.

In the name of the beneficent Lady Endolin, I do declare that this crypt could do with an exterminator. Luckily, we're all over qualified for the task.

With a gesture of a short rod and a few musical notes, his form begins to blink in and out of visibility. Then he reaches into himself and flings sanctified portions of his soul at the hulking undead coming from behind.

I'm assuming it's been less than 10 minutes, so Inspire Courage should still be in effect. Mikela, let me know if it isn't.

Quickened Greater Blink, lasting 25 rounds.

Chained Spirit Blast, first on the one that's still up: [roll0]
[roll1]

On the one that Safiya temporarily incapacitated:
[roll2]
[roll3]

If the last one is within 30ft of the other two, this one goes to it:
[roll4]
[roll5]

MikelaC1
2014-12-14, 10:00 AM
Targets please? There is one left in front of Alucina and Eiarland, and in the rear target area, there is one up and the one Safiya immobilized. There aren't 3 within 30 feet of each other.

oh and Im assuming that natural 1 to hit negates your first shot :smallsmile:

Thokk_Smash
2014-12-14, 11:30 AM
((Since the first was a natural one and missed, I can't try for a chain. So the question of other targets is moot. Onto the next person, huzzah!))

((To clarify, the first target was the one behind the group that was still standing. ))

MikelaC1
2014-12-14, 11:44 AM
Talion's aim proves to be off, perhaps a trick of the poor lighting in the crypt, and his bolt flies wide of all the hulking corpses

Asharrah up, Hulks on deck, Thundrick in the hole

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2014-12-14, 03:03 PM
Asharra

Like most of her kind, Asharra prefers to strike from a distance. Still, she's contracted to help to the best of her ability, and the spellcasters are likely more squishy than she is. Instead of firing off a volley of arrows, she teleports to interpose herself between the undead creatures and Safiya and Thundrik, sword, instead of bow, at the ready.

Not much to do this round. Her Greater Teleport is a standard action by itself. Free action each for stashing the bow (quick draw) and retrieving her sword from her glove of storing. She should be able to still get an AoO if either of the undead try to go past her.

MikelaC1
2014-12-14, 08:13 PM
The one remaining hulk at the front of the group attempts to attack Alucina, but his slow ponderous style is not good enough to connect with her. Meanwhile, the hulk at the back of the group has no particular preference as to whom he attacks, and since Asharrah puts herself in front, shes as good a choice as any. Unfortunately, his attacks are no more successful than the one up front and she is not damaged either.

Thundrick up, END ROUND

DrK
2014-12-14, 11:00 PM
Seeing the monster Thundrik shrugged, seeing little choice but to wade in herself. Watching the massive beast flail at the devil she releases a blast of quickening magics before leaping on the creature, swinging her staff of Frost with brutal abandon as she, the beast and the devil are swallowed up in the spinning snow cloud that envelops her

Swift: quickened haste on everyone
Move and hit [roll0] dam [roll1] + cold they ignore

Ridai
2014-12-15, 03:32 AM
HP 358/358, AC 45 (T 32; -5 to ranged attacks), DR 2/-, resist 30 all elements
Active effects freedom of movement, mind blank, greater magic weapon, blindsight, telepathic bond, conviction, death ward, undead bane weapons, haste

A resounding high five echoes through the mindlink between Asharra and Alucina over unbroken bones (and if Asharra doesn't participate, the intellectuals of the group can feast on the paradoxical one-handed sound, or get a headache from it). Feeling the rush of haste, she savors the feeling like fine wine (the fact that it is a quickened haste actually making her chuckle, kind of like when someone figures that the best way to season bacon is more bacon) and lets it carry her towards the other brute, motions blurrying ever so slightly. Her attacks don't actually speed up, but at least the Ly'Sindran now has more leeway with her movement, allowing her to fight not only effectively, but also beautifully, flashes and afterimages and dancing motions forming a complete whole, making it seem like she is attacking with the arms of a marilith.

Sadly, no extra attack from haste. But hey, +1 to attack and +1 AC.

Full attack

The dice roller seems to approve in the form of 2 natural 20s. Sadly, those 3 crit threats are just fluff against undead instead of more damage and extra attacks.

MikelaC1
2014-12-15, 07:28 AM
Its a good thing that Thundrick has a complete mastery over all things arcane, because her melee skills are sadly lacking. Her whirling staff catches nothing but air as the hulking corpse continues to plow forward.
At the other end of the scale (and the hallway) there is Alucina, who manages to connect on each one of her blows, and by the time she is finished, the corpse is once again a corpse. But to the (probable) disgust of the group, a heretofore hidden door opens up in the middle of the far wall, and 2 more of the brutes come stomping out of it.
(This would be at the approximate point that Talion is, giving Eiarland as well, the chance to turn and strike)

Eiarland up, Safiya on deck, Talion in the hole, Asharrah to follow

BelGareth
2014-12-15, 03:59 PM
Eiarland grins as Alucina drops the next undead brute, letting the body of the damned drop and rest again, until next time the dark energies raise it from its slumber. with that thought of dishonor, he whirls on the newcomers and moves to intersect, seeing the bard as someone he needs to protect from the ravages of melee.

His axe shrinks slightly as he finds the spot where he is comfortable, and he swings wildly at the monsters.

Swift action: Change weapon size to Huge (4d6 base damage, to total of -2 to hit)
Full round: Full Whirling frenzy, Slashing fury attack vs one that just popped out of the hidden door, with -5 from Power attack

[roll0]
[roll1] + [roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4] + [roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7] + [roll8]

[roll9]
[roll10] + [roll11]

[roll12]
[roll13] + [roll14]

[roll15]
[roll16] + [roll17]

[roll18]
[roll19] + [roll20]

The_Snark
2014-12-15, 05:20 PM
Safiya tsks in exasperation. "Thundrik, please do be careful with the snow, the rest of us can't see through it as easily as you."

The reprimand is undercut just slightly as she finishes her spell, bestowing the same spatial awareness from earlier. She slips past one of the giants as Eiarland engages it, their greater height allowing her to evade them without difficulty.

Standard: chained greater blindsight again, so that Thundrik's obscuring snow doesn't blind half of us.

Move: tumble into flanking position on one of the two newly arrived giants.

MikelaC1
2014-12-15, 07:53 PM
Eiarland turns to engage the new arrivals, but his choice to sacrifice accuracy for power proves to be his undoing, as he only scores two hits on the corpse. Meanwhile, Safiya moves to a flanking position on one of the newly arrived hulks, while bestowing improved vision on the group.

Talion up, Asharrah on deck, hulks in the hole

Thokk_Smash
2014-12-15, 09:15 PM
Talion chokes back a yelp of surprise as the two newest hulks appear right next to him. He keeps his head about him, though, and nimbly backflips away from the newest threat.

Anyone want to place bets on how many of these bests there are hidden in the walls? he quips as he tries to take more careful aim with his next strike.

With a +16 modifier to Tumble, I automatically make the DC 15 to tumble half speed away.

Spirit Chained Blast, first on the one Eiarland hit and then the other one that came out next to Talion.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Vs the second one that came out:
[roll2]
[roll3]

MikelaC1
2014-12-15, 09:53 PM
Talion's spirit blast connects with the first hulk, damaging him further, and then jumps to the second corpse, which serves to get him even more angry, the only pity is that undead don't even yelp in pain.

Asharrah up, Hulk on deck, Thundrick in the hole, END ROUND

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2014-12-15, 11:01 PM
Asharra

Asharra mutters a curse at the cold; even though she's protected from its more harmful effects, she still dislikes cold intensely, being a native of a naturally hot plane, and the feathers on her wings bristle somewhat in reaction to the temperature. She doesn't let it distract her from the combat going on around her, however. She lays into the creature in front of her with her sword, hoping to have better luck than the ice witch had.

Sword counts as: good, lawful, evil, magic, adamantine, and ghost touch. Swinging weapon with both hands for the extra str bonus to damage.

Damage 1: [roll1] + [roll2] fire + [roll3] sonic + [roll4] bane

Attack 2: [roll5]
Damage 2: [roll6] + [roll7] fire + [roll8] sonic + [roll9] bane

Attack 3: [roll10]
Damage 3: [roll11] + [roll12] fire + [roll13] sonic + [roll14] bane

MikelaC1
2014-12-16, 09:34 AM
Asharrah's first attack is thrown off by the ice and snow, proving that its affecting her a little more than she lets on, however two more of her attacks connect, dealing the hulking corpse damage...but as the others have found, these things are just durable behemoths and the erinyes is just getting started on hers.
(and damn it, last round I forgot the bite attack)
In retaliation, the corpse attempts to bite her, which would be bad enough, but considering the thing is covered in (stuff probably better not mentioned), its a gross attack. His teeth connect for 42 points of damage, although neither of his claws find purchase. Eiarland, currently beset by two of the corpses gets bitten twice for 43 and 44 points, in a series of attacks that were just as messy as the ones on the erinyes, but he too manages to avoid being clawed as a secondary attack.

Thundrick up, END ROUND

DrK
2014-12-16, 05:10 PM
Thundrik whoops a great roar of primal rage, the hulking ape seeming mist annoyed before she bounds in snapping her staff repeatedly into the creature with great strength.

Atk [roll0] dam [roll1]
Atk [roll2] dam [roll3]
Atk [roll4] dam [roll5] +5 Hit and damage on all attacks
Atk [roll6] dam [roll7]

Ridai
2014-12-16, 05:28 PM
HP 358/358, AC 45 (T 32; -5 to ranged attacks), DR 2/-, resist 30 all elements
Active effects freedom of movement, mind blank, greater magic weapon, blindsight, telepathic bond, conviction, death ward, undead bane weapons, haste

The series of attacks whirling through the snow that is now falling everywhere does sound suspiciously like circus music in some weird way. "I hope the guys coming out of the other wall, the ceiling and floor didn't forget their red noses and hand puppets."

Targetting whoever is close

Full attack

edit:
Spell/EffectBonusesApplies toLasts for
Greater blindsight60ft blindsightAll25 minutes
Telepathic bondTelepathic communication while on same planeAll250 minutes
Conviction+5 morale to savesAll250 minutes
Death wardImmunity to death spells, magical death effects, energy drain, negative energy effectsAll25 minutes
Undead bane weapons+2 enhancement, +2d6 damage vs undead; weapons good-aligned vs DRAll25 hours
Haste+1 attack, AC (dodge), Reflex, +30ft movement, extra attack on full attackAll25 rounds
Inspire courage+5 morale to attack, damage, saves vs fearAll but Alucina50 rounds

Link to the spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xuZXK-u2UBYZU2g3LBAOTO_uBmcb4KIV3EpFcVScur0/edit#gid=0) (also, the table is sortable, just click on the headers. Not very useful yet, but it's there)
Note that I have most likely missed effects and I only gave base durations (and I know many of them aren't correct either, but I slapped this together pretty quickly to get some feedback).

Should we only list temporary effects in here?

MikelaC1
2014-12-16, 10:41 PM
Thundrick joins the attack with Asharrah, and this time is lot more successful, and the hulk is now showing signs of damage, but as the group is discovering, they have damage to spare. Alucina joins the attack on one of the hulks that is attacking Eiarland, and in one of her typical attack flourishes, she finishes off yet another hulking corpse.

Eiarland up, Safiya on deck, Talion in the hole

BelGareth
2014-12-17, 11:22 AM
HP: 470/503, AC: 48 (T 29, FF 40), DR: 8/-

Eiarland gets annoyed when he realizes he put to much 'oomph' into his swings, as the majority of them go wide, causing him to wiff and only hit the monster a few times, which causes them to retaliate and bite him back, luckily they themselves are not to skillful, and only one manages to land their ruinous teeth upon him, forcing him to grapple their large heads and twist them away as they bit down. Thankfully, Seggrulfr protected him from the other, confusing the thing and making him bite nothing but air.

This time he would not make the same mistake, he lessened his eagerness to destroy the thing, with a keen focus on hitting himstead, if this was going to be a battle of attrition, he knew he could withstand what came, but his was a case of speed, as his allies were victims as well.

And so, with less power, but more accuracy, he had at it with renewed vigor, hoping to drop the foul beast once again.

Fast heal for 3
Full round: Full Whirling frenzy, Slashing fury attack vs the second one that popped out of the hidden door, no penalty to hit from PA.
Weapon counts as adamantium/magic/good

[roll0]
Damage 1 - (7d6+42)[68]

[roll1] [nat 1]
Damage 2 - (7d6+42)[65]

[roll2]
Damage 3 - (7d6+42)[68]

[roll3]
Damage 4 - (7d6+42)[76]

[roll4]
Damage 5 - (7d6+42)[62]

[roll5]
Damage 6 - (7d6+42)[66]

[roll6]
Damage 7 - (7d6+42)[67]

BelGareth
2014-12-17, 11:24 AM
[roll0]

[roll1]

[roll2]

[roll3]

[roll4]

[roll5]

[roll6]

MikelaC1
2014-12-17, 01:29 PM
Taking more care in his attacks, Eiarland connects a lot more often, and ends up dealing more damage in total than his power attacks could generate. The hulk he is attacked is almost, but not quite, finished by his blitz attacks.

Safiya up, Talion on deck, Asharrah in the hole, Hulks to follow

The_Snark
2014-12-18, 05:39 PM
Safiya examines the hulk in front of her, the spine, tendons and other vulnerable spots clearly exposed. Divine and arcane power surge through her weapon as she moves to strike, and the scepter sinks into undead flesh with ease.

Swift action: cast grave strike, allowing Safiya to sneak attack undead for 1 round.
Swift action: cast wraithstrike, making all her melee attacks into melee touch attacks for the round.
Full-round action: full attack!

Damage: [roll1] plus [roll2]

Damage: [roll4] plus [roll5]

Damage: [roll7] plus [roll8]

Damage: [roll10] plus [roll11]

MikelaC1
2014-12-18, 09:53 PM
Using the right combination of spells, Safiya empowers her attacks for an ease of hits, and maximizes their potential, and by the end of the barrage, another one of the hulks is left as a pile of smoking entrails.

Talion up, Asharrah on deck, hulks in the hole

Thokk_Smash
2014-12-18, 10:27 PM
By now, Talion has begun to sing to concentrate. It holds no magical power, but it is a nice change of pace from the sound of weapons on decaying flesh and the moans of the undead.

He aims at the most wounded creature first, and then moves onto any remaining hulks that remain after.

To-hit on the monster that Eiarland just ravaged: [roll0] (including -4 from shooting into melee)
[roll1]

On the remaining one: [roll2] (including -4 from shooting into melee)
[roll3]

MikelaC1
2014-12-19, 08:34 AM
The blast of eldritch power from Talion connects with the grieviously wounded hulk and with a low, last moan, it collapses. There is still one hulk left, but seeing as it is still disabled and outnumbered by a large margin, it is quickly dessicated.
The party now stands in the corridor that ran east-west. Exploring further, the group sees that the corridor runs for what appears to be the length of the tomb itself, ending in blank walls. There are two corridors that lead off of this corridor, both running in a southerly direction, as well as two doors that lead into rooms that were previously occupied by the hulks.

Ridai
2014-12-19, 09:28 AM
Batons are once again traded with the chained emerald, shining the bruises and bite marks away. Once done, Alucina picks one of the two southern paths at random and heads there.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2014-12-19, 10:39 AM
Asharra

Alucina picks up a slight mental wince from Asharra when she determines their path at random-- the devil prefers orderly, methodical approaches-- however, Asharra remains silent and simply tends to her own injuries before swapping sword for bow again.

MikelaC1
2014-12-19, 06:42 PM
The group continues on their southern direction, and soon the passage opens up into a huge room. Clearly this is where the most important people were entombed, but the tombs are no longer important as the party has come upon the most dreadful sight in the crypt up to now. The room is dominated by a repulsive, extremely tall, humanoid creature with long rotting wings and peeling flesh; and even worse, there is a continuous stream of filth and decay running off of him, creating a pool of rot in which it stands.
As well, Asharrah suddenly notes a bit of a throb, coming from the wand that Natasha gave the group as a "divining rod" for the Crown Jewels.

Ridai
2014-12-20, 10:39 AM
"If you can't fly, only engage in melee if you absolutely need to." Alucina's body moves forward as if to start a sprint, then just skips distance, suddenly in the air next to the creature's head, the scarf tightly wrapped around her shoulders billowing out like flowing wings following her momentum. A low crackle announces what is to come as Alucina turns and spins in the air, mercilessly putting her entire weight and speed behind the barrage of strikes, flashes illuminating the huge hall.

Circlet of Rapid Casting to use Dimension Hop as a swift action

Full attack

Attack 1 (main hand): [roll0], [roll1] + [roll2] + [roll3] (vs SR [roll4]) + [roll5] damage
Attack 2 (main hand): [roll6], [roll7] + [roll8] + [roll9] (vs SR [roll10]) + [roll11] damage
Attack 3 (off hand): [roll12], [roll13] + [roll14] + [roll15] (vs SR [roll16]) + [roll17] damage
Attack 4 (main hand): [roll18], [roll19] + [roll20] + [roll21] (vs SR [roll22]) + [roll23] damage
Attack 5 (off hand): [roll24], [roll25] + [roll26] + [roll27] (vs SR [roll28]) + [roll29] damage
Attack 6 (main hand): [roll30], [roll31] + [roll32] + [roll33] (vs SR [roll34]) + [roll35] damage
Attack 7 (off hand): [roll36], [roll37] + [roll38] + [roll39] (vs SR [roll40]) + [roll41] damage
Attack 8 (main hand): [roll42], [roll43] + [roll44] + [roll45] (vs SR [roll46]) + [roll47] damage
Attack 9 (off hand): [roll48], [roll49] + [roll50] + [roll51] (vs SR [roll52]) + [roll53] damage

Spell/EffectBonusesApplies toLasts for
Greater blindsight60ft blindsightAll25 minutes
Telepathic bondTelepathic communication while on same planeAll250 minutes
Conviction+5 morale to savesAll250 minutes
Death wardImmunity to death spells, magical death effects, energy drain, negative energy effectsAll250 minutes
Undead bane weapons+2 enhancement, +2d6 damage vs undead; weapons good-aligned vs DRAll25 hours

CharacterHPACFortRefWillDRMisc

Alucina358/35844 (T 30, FF 35)
+32
+37
+302/--5 attack on ranged attacks vs. Alucina
Asharra393/39349 (T 28, FF 36)
+38
+42
+335/good
Eiarland508/50843 (T 29, FF 40)
+34
+25
+288/-20% miss chance, +8 dodge AC vs spells/SLAs
Safiya352/35241 (T 28, FF 31)
+28
+34
+3415/adamantine
Talion364/36440 (T 27, FF 31)
+31
+36
+334/Cold Iron
Thundrik352/35260 (T 33, FF 54)
+31
+25
+39

MikelaC1
2014-12-20, 03:10 PM
Alucina's batons beat a rat-a-tat-tat on the Angel, but a couple of them do fail to find the mark. More and more gore is flying off the decrepit creature, increasing the pool of rot that surrounds him, and just by looking at him, you know its going to take more than that to finish him

Eiarland up, Angel on deck, Talion in the hole, Asharrah to follow

Ridai
2014-12-22, 11:09 AM
Eiarland

Eiarland rushes through the air at the creature, putting all his weight and power behind his strike.

Flying charge with power attack penalty going into AC with shocktrooper -20 to AC.
charge - [roll0]
damage - [roll1] (magic, adamantium) + cold [roll2]

New AC is: 21

MikelaC1
2014-12-22, 08:02 PM
Eiarland connects solidly with the angel, but the aura of rot that surrounds the angel prevents him from standing firm and taking multiple attacks.
The angel retaliates against both Alucina (claw attacks) and Eiarland (wing bashes). He connects only once against Alucina (dratted natural 1) and deals 36 points of damage, but his wings connect both times against Eiarland and not only do the wings do 68 damage, the double hit of the wings begins to rot Eiarland flesh for another 17 points.

Talion up, Asharrah on deck, Thundrick in the hole, Safiya to follow.

Thokk_Smash
2014-12-23, 12:27 PM
It appears we've found the ringleader of this little circus of unholiness, Talion quips as he begins to sing a song of inspiration.

Inspire Courage, +5 to-hit and damage (if the previous Inspire Courage is still active, please let me know and I'll do something else)

MikelaC1
2014-12-23, 02:03 PM
Talion's song rings through the group, he may be right in that this thing is the leader...although it doesn't appear to be the source of the throbbing that Asharrah feels from her wand.

Asharrah up, Thundrick on deck, Safiya in the hole.

DarkLadyOfTheSith
2014-12-24, 01:36 PM
Asharra

The devil again expresses visible disgust at the rotting state of their foe, although, at least for now, she's able to remain far enough back to not soil her finery with its rot. She slips out her bow and fires at the creature, while informing the party, "Beware any items it has. We're close to the thing we're looking for, and, if the monster wields it, we could be in trouble."

Weapons count for Lawful, Evil, Good, Magic, undead bane

DrK
2014-12-24, 02:51 PM
Thundrik smiles as she sees the vast creature enanating death and decay appear in front of her. As the others engage she raises a hand, piercing beams of glacial cold searing the beast before with a snarl she channels primal power, spiritual claws lashing and rending the vile monster.

Swift piercing quickened freezing ray
[roll0] dam [roll1]
[roll2] dam [roll3]
[roll4] dam [roll5]

Full blood wind
Claw [roll6] dam [roll7]
Claw [roll8] dam [roll9]
Claw [roll10] dam [roll11]
Claw [roll12] dam [roll13]

MikelaC1
2014-12-26, 10:11 AM
Its an all out withering assault on the Angel, and as the last assaults of Thundrick connect, the huge pile seems to disintegrate with a sickening burst. Everyone in the party gets a disgusting splash of gore on them as it bursts (20 points, rotting damage) and the smell is something they feel like they will never get out of their nose again.
Finally able to get a look at the room, the group can see there is a door to the east and the west. It seems like this might be the back wall of the tomb, but theres no way to be sure, as they were only able to see the front of the structure when outside.