PDA

View Full Version : Bel's Arena of Death: Match 1

BelGareth
2014-11-14, 03:17 PM
You are all instantly teleported from your ready room to a sandy island amidst an ocean that twinkles in the sunlight, the waves softly break upon the shore. As the wind gently warms you from the morning sun.

Before you, you see one hill, 4 palm trees and a small depression filled with water.

Others are here as well, and you know they intend you harm.

Roll initiative.

Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rri5rSBmTw4khBvk_1BnMbw_9Agl1pP5EdXMWb5efXk/edit?usp=sharing)
PM's are being sent out for see invisibility and other things.

Dunkoro
2014-11-14, 04:06 PM
[roll0]

Also, shouldn't Onric be invisible as well? He said something about being such.

MilesTiden
2014-11-14, 04:07 PM
Initiative - [roll0]

smasher0404
2014-11-14, 04:24 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

SwordChucks
2014-11-14, 05:08 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

/facepalm

Necroticplague
2014-11-14, 05:36 PM
Initiative:[roll0]

BelGareth
2014-11-14, 05:55 PM
As you look out and attempt to see everyone, the sky peels with thunder, previously hidden clouds move over the small island, and rain starts to pour down.

Rain
Rain reduces visibility ranges by half, resulting in a -4 penalty on Spot and Search checks. It has the same effect on flames, ranged weapon attacks, and Listen checks as severe wind.

PlayerInitiative
Dunkoro26
SwordChucks12
alanek200212
MilesTiden8
smasher04045
Necroticplague4

SwordChucks
2014-11-14, 07:02 PM
The Beef Mason flys forward 60ft. Does he see anyone?

BelGareth
2014-11-14, 07:23 PM
You move and still fail to see anyone through the pouring rain, you do see a large shape under one of the palm trees to the North east however, but you cannot tell if it is someone or not.

Keep in mind its raining, and spotting someone has a modifier of -1/10 ft on top of the -4 from raining.

SwordChucks
2014-11-14, 07:34 PM
Casting invisible wall of magma from REDACTED with half thickness to make it 10ft high.

That should end my turn.

alanek2002
2014-11-14, 08:11 PM
3 glowing bolts/arrows Projectiles strike at the beef mason from square AN17, for those of you that can see it.

There is some hidden stuff, but that ends my turn. (As I posted my hidden stuff in the OOC for my team... hint hint.)

SwordChucks
2014-11-14, 08:37 PM
Using Celerity to drop a Freezing Fog centered on AN17

I can't do that, nevermind. My bad.

MilesTiden
2014-11-14, 09:13 PM
Johnny Slim, unlike these totally unrad cowards, is quite clearly in plain sight. Or rather he would be, if it wasn't for this massively uncool weather. Man that's really harshing his groove. Whatever, he still has style. And also a posse of four horrific skeletal abominations from the underworld, suddenly appearing in a poof of smoke as his turn begins, who move to the locations T18/U19, T21/U22, X18/Y19, and X21/Y22, with the Cool Man himself moving right in between them at W20. Because all Cool Men have a posse of horrific skeletal abominations. A dark shadow moves from next to his original starting position, and dashes across the island appearing next to Morg at AL15, who takes a -2 penalty on saving throws and armor class. Johnny Slim then casts a Fell Frighten Fearful Empowerment Kelgore's Grave Mist located 20' above Morg's space, the dark mist spreading outwards with a 20' radius from that point. Everyone within the area of the mist takes 2 Cold damage, is Fatigued with no save, is Shaken for 10 rounds with no save, and must make a DC 22 Will save (don't forget your penalties, folk!) or be Frightened for 1 round. Immunity to Fear effects does not apply. Oh, and if any of you are within 20' of him, make a DC 20 Will save or be Shaken for 10 rounds.

Rad.

EDIT: Also, I just found out that you can use CTRL-B, CTRL-I, and CTRL-U to bold/italicize/underline things. Wow. That's actually pretty rad.

MilesTiden
2014-11-14, 10:43 PM
Caster Level Check vs. SR - [roll0]

Dunkoro
2014-11-15, 12:17 PM
Since apparently I also need to post here and not only in the OOC, SSapkiira does something that only those that can see invisible will notice.

smasher0404
2014-11-15, 03:07 PM
The shining ball of light that was the Lantern Archon teleports to Y20 AA30

Bal moves with a surge of motion towards R18 as a sudden continuous wind appears on the field across the middle of the map.

Move Action + Swift Action Travel Devotion To R18

Standard Action : Wind Wall from AB 12 to AB 32

Edit: No one noticed the original square... :smalltongue:

Necroticplague
2014-11-15, 07:19 PM
The magic of the more active mage seems...wrong. Despite the relative ineffectual nature of it, it scares Morg beyond what the minor freezing and tiredness do to him. To remedy this problem, the winged troll looks around, seeing nothing beyond this island to run too. Running away being unfeasible, he instead uses his wings to send himself towards this target ,landing while ignoring the friends and bodyguards to try and grab him, all the better to snuff the life like a baby in crib. His wings take him to W17,W16,X17,X16 Before he attempt to start a grapple as follows:

Touch attack:[roll0]
Grapple Check:[roll1]

MilesTiden
2014-11-15, 07:49 PM
As you approach within 20' of Johnny, make a DC 20 Will save or be elevated up to panicked.

Necroticplague
2014-11-15, 11:55 PM
I rolled in our OOC against that (so as to not tip my hand with my saves number), managed to roll a 22 to ignore whatever aura you got.

MilesTiden
2014-11-16, 12:02 AM
Alrighty, roll your unarmed damage.

Necroticplague
2014-11-16, 12:44 AM
No roll to try and see if you beat me?
Odd.

Anyway:[roll0] Bludgeoning damage.

MilesTiden
2014-11-16, 01:44 PM
Alrighty, now how do you plan on entering my space to maintain that grapple?

Necroticplague
2014-11-16, 01:49 PM
Don't have to. Improved Grab means you come to me.

MilesTiden
2014-11-16, 01:58 PM
That would be nice if you were using Improved Grab.

If a creature with this special attack hits with a melee weapon (usually a claw or bite attack), it deals normal damage and attempts to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. No initial touch attack is required.

Unless otherwise noted, improved grab works only against opponents at least one size category smaller than the creature. The creature has the option to conduct the grapple normally, or simply use the part of its body it used in the improved grab to hold the opponent. If it chooses to do the latter, it takes a -20 penalty on grapple checks, but is not considered grappled itself; the creature does not lose its Dexterity bonus to AC, still threatens an area, and can use its remaining attacks against other opponents.

A successful hold does not deal any extra damage unless the creature also has the constrict special attack. If the creature does not constrict, each successful grapple check it makes during successive rounds automatically deals the damage indicated for the attack that established the hold. Otherwise, it deals constriction damage as well (the amount is given in the creature’s descriptive text).

When a creature gets a hold after an improved grab attack, it pulls the opponent into its space. This act does not provoke attacks of opportunity. It can even move (possibly carrying away the opponent), provided it can drag the opponent’s weight.

You initiated it as a normal grapple, and as such it uses the normal grapple rules, moving you into my space. However, since I don't really care enough about semantics to nitpick this (I might take it over the RAW thread at some later point, but this is neither the time nor place), go ahead and move me into your space. Four less AoOs doesn't really matter in rocket tag. :smallsmile:

Necroticplague
2014-11-16, 02:19 PM
No, you're right on that one. Forunately, I can squeeze myself into a 2x1 grid space by taking a -4 to Ac and attack rolls. So in this grapple, I move towards you to occupy squares w20 and w19, presumably provoking AoOs from your minions.

MilesTiden
2014-11-16, 02:42 PM
Uhh, alrighty I guess.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Oh, by the way, make a DC... 17 Will save, with a -4 penalty to all saves, or be shaken indefinitely. You also now have -2 to attack rolls and skill checks, in addition to the -4 to saves.

You also lose your Dex bonus to AC, being grappled.

Necroticplague
2014-11-16, 03:05 PM
Again, pass the save, and all those guys missed. Any more reactionary fear auras, or is this turn done?

MilesTiden
2014-11-16, 06:13 PM
With that in mind I believe that is the first round over. :smallsmile:

BelGareth
2014-11-18, 04:56 PM
The island becomes deathly quiet as the two teams realize things have started and begin to maneuver around each other, invisible and otherwise.

The first outward reaction are 6 bolts of energy that streak towards the large bulk of Bal, but he is faster than his bulk would make him seem, and all but one shot misses him.

Then out of nowhere, a dark panther made of shadowstuff appears next to Morg the Bonded, as soon as he sees it a deathly mist springs up around morg, and while it sucks at his vigor, making him exhausted, he shrugs off the strange feeling of dread that emanates from it.

Successful save vs No save vs the shaken, you take the cold damage and fatigued condition & shaken.

As Bal moves forward with great alacrity, a wall of air appears before everyone, bifurcating the battlefield!

Wind wall (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/windWall.htm)

Morg flies over the ground towards his intended target but suddenly gets caught up in something, being burned by some invisible fiery force, shrugging through the pain, he pushes through and attempts to grapple with his target, the fear mongerer, but fails to do so ultimately.

You take 3 and then 10 before
and then 36 fire damage for going through 'it'.

Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rri5rSBmTw4khBvk_1BnMbw_9Agl1pP5EdXMWb5efXk/edit?usp=sharing)

BelGareth
2014-11-18, 07:57 PM
Round 2

Initiative

PlayerInitiative
Team 21st
Team 12nd

Dunkoro
2014-11-19, 04:54 AM
Once again, nothing happens that can be noticed by normal means.

alanek2002
2014-11-19, 03:00 PM
A flurry of glowing projectile launch from above down towards Johnny Slim. >.>

Necroticplague
2014-11-19, 03:07 PM
Morg brings up the crude parodies of claws he has in place of hands,with merely a moment of focus on the mage writhing his grasp, before trying to skewer the man on the pointy bits. He turns around shortly to where he thought her allies were "C'mon, you aren't gonna make them die as that pace!". With a possibly ominous note, he carries the mage with him under the dirt.
standard:attacking with my claw. Empowering using Earth Strike, and using improved grab and healing 2 hp if I hit.
Attack:[roll0]. Confirm:[roll1], damage; [roll2]
Grapple:[roll3](holding him in just the claw)

Swift: use White Raven Tactics to let dunkoro act again.
Move:burrow 30 feet into the ground. Cease to be squeezing. (Now taking up two squares to left of where I did before.

BelGareth
2014-11-19, 03:59 PM
Several more shots come careening out of nowhere again, this time from a much higher altitude. All 3 bolts blast right into Johnny Slim.

You take 18, 15 and 14 force damage.

Then the strangely acting troll grabs a hold of him and dives into the earth like some kind of mole. Leaving you 25 ft underground.

Successful grab, which deals 36 damage (your DR applies)

TEAM 1 is up.

MilesTiden
2014-11-19, 05:08 PM
Rather taken aback at the sudden turn of event, and more than a little pissed, Johnny glares at his burrowing captor. "Ya know, that probably wasn't the smartest thing you could do, sand-for-brains." The dark panther that had pursued Morg previously phased into the sand, appearing next to the entangled duo. Johnny channels necromantic forces around him, attempting to intimidate Morg through a combination of radness, and... actually, that's pretty much it. Make a level check + your Wis mod vs. DC 45 or Cower for 1 round, and be Shaken for one round.

Then, Johnny attempts to curse him, his vile breath surrounding the beast. Make a DC 18 Will save (with a -8 penalty), or take a -2 penalty on attacks, saves, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls for 1 hour. Johnny then explodes into a plume of necromantic energy, dealing 9 Negative Energy damage (Will save DC 17 half, with a -8 penalty, or -10 if the curse sticks), and healing himself for the same amount.

SwordChucks
2014-11-20, 04:11 PM
A 20 ft radius explosion of acrid smoke appears, centered on AA18 60 ft up.

Obscures sight as fog cloud, Anyone in the cloud has to make a fort save vs. DC 23 or get a -5 penalty to all attack rolls and spot and search checks for as long as they are in the cloud and for 2 rounds after leaving it. Anyone inside the cloud also takes [roll0] acid damage.

smasher0404
2014-11-20, 07:28 PM
Bal roars in fury, and with a motion of the arm, a burst of flame appears centered at AD20, spreading in a cylinder with a radius of 10 feet, then moves south 20 feet.

BelGareth
2014-11-21, 06:33 PM
As the strange troll burrows into the earth, a large sphere of acrid smoke puffs into existence, above most of the contestants heads.

Hidden below the earth, Johnny Slim attempts to put his ways upon his tormentor, which works sending the strange troll cowering from his target 1 round. Then the ghostly panther appears to worsen his resolve. He finishes with a dark flash of necrotic energy, cloying at his life stuff like syrup.

I'm going to rule it as an attack, so its good to go.
You are cowering.

Then Bal Roars. And a column of fire erupts some ways away from him as he moves south 20 ft.

TEAM 2 is up.

Dunkoro
2014-11-22, 10:48 AM
Two Green Bears appear on squares T15-U16 and V15-W16.
40ft Spread centered on square V20 suddenly is full of entangling plants (DC 11 ref to avoid being entangled, half speed to move).
The following areas: W18-X21, R17-U18, R20-U21 are filled with 5-ft. tall thorny plants, dealing damage to all within them equal to (25 - their Flat-Footed AC).

Necroticplague
2014-11-22, 12:43 PM
The Necromancer's little display bringing the normally distant thought of his own mortality to his mind, Morg merely closes his eyes and tries hard to avoid thinking about such.

Cowering, so I can't take any actions. However, closing eyes is something that can be done (as listed under Gaze) that doesn't say it takes an action.

Thus, i close my eyes and do nothing else.

alanek2002
2014-11-26, 05:57 PM
More Invisible Happenings!