PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Build advice for strong/agile THF ToB combatant

JW86
2014-11-14, 06:28 PM
Hey,

Just a character creation exercise if anybody is feeling creative/bored/wants to chargen. :)

I'm envisioning a character somewhat in the style of Ichigo Kurosaki from Bleach. No need for a mask or flight, but I'm picturing a strong, fast, agile THF combatant who fights in no/light armor, good at dodging blows, making lots of AoOs, some choice manouvres, some short range teleport.

Stats are 17, 16, 14, 14, 14, 11 at Level 1.

So, features desired are:

Fast (40ft movement speed ideally, 30ft is acceptable though).
THF - Power Attack, Pounce (from Barb ACF or from Pouncing Charge manouvre)
AoO Interrupts/Damage (Combat Reflexes, ?Robilar's Gambit)
Short-Range teleport (from "Shadow" manouvres or Dim Hop if taking any levels in Ardent)
Various manouvres (Diamond Mind/Iron Heart focus)
Couple of flashy blasts (perhaps from Desert Wind)
High AC/miss chance/dodge/counter etc. whilst wearing light armor.

I was considering some kind of (?Whirling Frenzy) Lion Spirit Barbarian 2 / Warblade X / Swordsage X

With Power Attack, Combat Reflexes, Robilar's Gambit, perhaps Stormguard Warrior.

Anybody feeling creative with any build suggestions? I'd ask perhaps no more than 3 different classes in the build to keep it -fairly- straightforward, keep it perhaps to PHB/PHB2, "Complete" Books, XPH/Cpsi, and ToB.

Thanks. This has the potential to be a future character in campaign. Level 20 char, but doubly useful if it is still decent combatant at around Level 10.

killianh
2014-11-14, 08:26 PM
I built a character like this not too long ago. I'll post again if I find the sheet for the specifics. I would suggest looking into gatling chain fighter (http://community.wizards.com/forum/previous-editions-character-optimization/threads/891756) and the ubercharger (http://web.archive.org/web/20080214233419/forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=401662) as with the right equips and feats it's easy to combo the options into one build and have room to be a good warblade.

JW86
2014-11-14, 10:47 PM
Thanks, killianh, I will check those links when I'm off work. I would be interested to see the build you made if you're able and willing to post it up.