PDA

View Full Version : Super Happy Fun Time Battle Arena: Round 1, Match 3

Kazyan
2014-11-14, 07:57 PM
Both contestants are signaled that they will arrive to the SHFTBA ("shiftbay") in six seconds. Then that happens, though unknown means: the characters simply appear 100 feet from each other, on the brick-and-mortar ground.

The 200' square brick arena is featureless, except that a pattern of bricks in the center of the arena is black:

□ ■ □
■ □ ■
■ □ ■
□ ■ □

Describe what one another sees, roll initiative, then fight for a victory point towards getting the shiny!

Rakaydos
2014-11-14, 08:16 PM
A gigantic golden dragon, his scales set off with a thin Mithril shirt. Various ornate headresses, mantles and gauntlets could possibly be magical. With no visible weapons, he has a pair of Ione stones circling his head, and he moves with an almost divine, dancing grace.

[roll0] Init

greenpotato
2014-11-14, 11:06 PM
A human woman of average height in her early thirties with long pale hair. Shes wearing a blue dress but like the dragon opposite her she carries no weapons.

d20+18 initiative

Rakaydos
2014-11-18, 01:40 PM
Swift: Quickened Scintilating Scales
RKV Swift (uses a turn attempt): Immortal Fortitude stance
Move: Leap into the air, flying to the far corner of the arena (150' + from you)
Standard: Time Stop
[roll0]
Any contingencies?

greenpotato
2014-11-18, 04:30 PM
Spell stowaway timestop.

Rakaydos
2014-11-19, 01:34 AM
Rakaydos and greenpotato: You both are pulled into the same time stream and then exit it at the same time, as the original time stop. To avoid confusion in segmenting the pounds around the start and end of Time Stop, treat the Time Stops as basically having not happened.

Your turn.

greenpotato
2014-11-19, 04:49 AM
Standard: Twinned Synchronicity

Move: Regain Psionic Focus

Free: Quickened(-4), Twinned(-4), Energy Admix(-2), Peircing Cold(-8), Maximized(-6), Empowered(-8), Flashfrost(-8), Paraelemental(-8) Energy Ray(98) linked to Synchronicity. [roll0] vs touch [roll1] vs touch each for 808 cold damage, half bypassing immunity. If either hit; sacrificing 20 dice of sneak attack to steal 10 spells, 5 spell effects and 5 energy resistances

Free: Quickened(-4), Twinned(-4), Energy Admix(-2), Peircing Cold(-8), Maximized(-6), Empowered(-8), Flashfrost(-8), Paraelemental(-8) Energy Ray(98) linked to Synchronicity. [roll2] vs touch [roll3] vs touch each for 808 cold damage, half bypassing immunity. If either hit; sacrificing 20 dice of sneak attack to steal 10 spells, 5 spell effects and 5 energy resistances

Free: Quickened(-4), Twinned(-4), Energy Admix(-2), Peircing Cold(-8), Maximized(-6), Empowered(-8), Flashfrost(-8), Paraelemental(-8) Energy Barrage(98) Linked to a Syncronicity Six reflex saves please each to save vs 260 cold damage half bypassing immunity

Free: Quickened(-4), Twinned(-4), Energy Admix(-2), Peircing Cold(-8), Maximized(-6), Empowered(-8), Flashfrost(-8), Paraelemental(-8) Energy Barrage(98) Linked to a Syncronicity Six reflex saves please each to save vs 260 cold damage half bypassing immunity

Rakaydos
2014-11-19, 11:42 AM

Move: Regain Psionic Focus

Free: Quickened(-4), Twinned(-4), Energy Admix(-2), Peircing Cold(-8), Maximized(-6), Empowered(-8), Flashfrost(-8), Paraelemental(-8) Energy Ray(98) linked to Synchronicity. [roll0] vs touch [roll1] vs touch each for 808 cold damage, half bypassing immunity. If either hit; sacrificing 20 dice of sneak attack to steal 10 spells, 5 spell effects and 5 energy resistances

Free: Quickened(-4), Twinned(-4), Energy Admix(-2), Peircing Cold(-8), Maximized(-6), Empowered(-8), Flashfrost(-8), Paraelemental(-8) Energy Ray(98) linked to Synchronicity. [roll2] vs touch [roll3] vs touch each for 808 cold damage, half bypassing immunity. If either hit; sacrificing 20 dice of sneak attack to steal 10 spells, 5 spell effects and 5 energy resistances Infinite, Exceptional deflection snatches them out of the air.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5][roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11][roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]

greenpotato
2014-11-19, 05:30 PM
I see two natural ones but the reroll saves you from one of them, you now may only take a single standard or move action for 1 round as you are encased in Ice thanks to the paraelemental power feat.
If you do not have evasion you take: 2440 or 1220 if immune to cold
If you have evasion you take: 230 or 130 if immune to cold
If you have improved evasion you take: 130 or 65 if immune to cold

Your turn

Rakaydos
2014-11-19, 06:03 PM
130 damage taken
Swift: Quickened Benidiction
RKV Swift: Quickened Sanctuary
Standard: Mystic Shield.

Sanctuary: attempting to strike or otherwise directly attack the warded creature, even with a targeted spell, must attempt a Will save. If the save succeeds, the opponent can attack normally and is unaffected by that casting of the spell. If the save fails, the opponent can't follow through with the attack, that part of its action is lost, and it can't directly attack the warded creature for the duration of the spell.

greenpotato
2014-11-19, 07:02 PM
Move: Get within 50ft of the dragon

Standard: Disjunction

Synchronicity: Quickened(-4), Twinned(-4), Energy Admix(-2), Peircing Cold(-8), Maximized(-6), Empowered(-8), Flashfrost(-8), Paraelemental(-8) Energy Barrage(98) Linked to a Syncronicity Six reflex saves please each to save vs 260 cold damage half bypassing immunity

Synchronicity: Body Outside Body

Synchronicity: Twinned Bestow Power

Synchronicity: Regain Focus

Synchronicity: Spiritual Weapon

Your Turn

Rakaydos
2014-11-19, 07:22 PM
Saves vs Disjunction:
Hands: [roll0]
Face: [roll1]
Arms: [roll2]
Shoulders: [roll3]
Neck: [roll4]
Boots: [roll5]
Ring 1: [roll6]
Ring 2: [roll7]
Armor: [roll8]
Head: [roll9]
Belt: [roll10]
Ione Stone 1: [roll11]
Ione Stone 2: [roll12]

Rakaydos
2014-11-19, 07:25 PM
Assuming I passed on anythig that didnt roll a 1...

[roll0][roll1][roll2][roll3][roll4][roll5]
[roll6][roll7][roll8][roll9][roll10][roll11]
[roll12][roll13][roll14][roll15][roll16][roll17]
[roll18][roll19][roll20][roll21][roll22][roll23]
[roll24][roll25][roll26][roll27][roll28][roll29]
[roll30][roll31][roll32][roll33][roll34][roll35]

EDIT: I count 3 missed saves, for 130 each. 520 damage taken. Refrozen

Rakaydos
2014-11-19, 07:34 PM
RKV swift: 2 charges of Belt of Battle ->Disjunction on a point 25m between us, touching you, Body outside body, all synchronisity stacks, and the Freeze effect.
Stanard: Duelward
Swift: 2 charges of Belt of Battle ->Mystic Shield

Move, once un frozen- 250' toward the far corner- 175' from you.

greenpotato
2014-11-19, 10:29 PM
Interruption! Synchronicity to move 100ft back so that I'm out of AOE of your disjunction.

My Turn:

Move: to within 50ft

Synchronicity: Disjunction ( I assume you Duelward this?) Edit: Swapped out to dodge your second disjunction 2nd Edit: Make that counterspell your disjunction
Synchronicity: Disjunction
Synchronicity: Move to melee range
Synchronicity: Body Outside Body
Free: Twinned, Paraelemental,Empowered,Maximized,Quickened.Admixe d.Subbed.Piercing Cold, ColdSpec, Energy Flash Linked to Synchronicity [roll0] and [roll1] vs touch, each touch dealing 268 cold or half on a fort save, each touch also requires an additional fort save against a secondary daze effect. If either hits sacrificing 20 dice of sneak attack to steal 19 spells and any Cold Immunity you have.
Free: Twinned, Paraelemental,Empowered,Maximized,Quickened.Admixe d.Subbed.Piercing Cold, ColdSpec, Energy Flash Linked to Synchronicity [roll2] and [roll3] vs touch, each touch dealing 268 cold or half on a fort save, each touch also requires an additional fort save against a secondary daze effect. If either hits sacrificing 20 dice of sneak attack to steal 19 spells and any Cold Immunity you have.
Free: Twinned, Paraelemental,Empowered,Maximized,Quickened.Admixe d.Subbed.Piercing Cold, ColdSpec, Energy Flash Linked to Synchronicity [roll4] and [roll5] vs touch, each touch dealing 268 cold or half on a fort save, each touch also requires an additional fort save against a secondary daze effect. If either hits sacrificing 20 dice of sneak attack to steal 19 spells and any Cold Immunity you have.
Free: Twinned, Paraelemental,Empowered,Maximized,Quickened.Admixe d.Subbed.Piercing Cold, ColdSpec, Energy Flash Linked to Synchronicity [roll6] and [roll7] vs touch, each touch dealing 268 cold or half on a fort save, each touch also requires an additional fort save against a secondary daze effect. If either hits sacrificing 20 dice of sneak attack to steal 19 spells and any Cold Immunity you have.
Free: Twinned, Paraelemental,Empowered,Maximized,Quickened.Admixe d.Subbed.Piercing Cold, ColdSpec, Energy Flash Linked to Synchronicity [roll8] and [roll9] vs touch, each touch dealing 268 cold or half on a fort save, each touch also requires an additional fort save against a secondary daze effect. If either hits sacrificing 20 dice of sneak attack to steal 19 spells and any Cold Immunity you have.
Synchronicity: Twinned, Paraelemental,Empowered,Maximized,Quickened.Admixe d.Subbed.Piercing Cold, ColdSpec, Energy Flash Linked to Synchronicity [roll10] and [roll11] vs touch, each touch dealing 268 cold or half on a fort save, each touch also requires an additional fort save against a secondary daze effect. If either hits sacrificing 20 dice of sneak attack to steal 19 spells and any Cold Immunity you have.
Synchronicity: Twinned, Paraelemental,Empowered,Maximized,Quickened.Admixe d.Subbed.Piercing Cold, ColdSpec, Energy Flash Linked to Synchronicity [roll12] and [roll13] vs touch, each touch dealing 268 cold or half on a fort save, each touch also requires an additional fort save against a secondary daze effect. If either hits sacrificing 20 dice of sneak attack to steal 19 spells and any Cold Immunity you have.
Synchronicity: Twinned, Paraelemental,Empowered,Maximized,Quickened.Admixe d.Subbed.Piercing Cold, ColdSpec, Energy Flash Linked to Synchronicity [roll14] and [roll15] vs touch, each touch dealing 268 cold or half on a fort save, each touch also requires an additional fort save against a secondary daze effect. If either hits sacrificing 20 dice of sneak attack to steal 19 spells and any Cold Immunity you have.

(just realized I forgot to factor in the admixture on the Ice Barrages.. :smallsigh: my bad, I'll remember next time)

BOBS:
each moves into melee range and makes a single melee attack
[roll16] vs AC to deal [roll17] If either hits sacrificing 20 dice of sneak attack to steal 19 spells and any Cold Immunity you have.
[roll18] vs AC to deal [roll19] If either hits sacrificing 20 dice of sneak attack to steal 19 spells and any Cold Immunity you have.
[roll20] vs AC to deal [roll21] If either hits sacrificing 20 dice of sneak attack to steal 19 spells and any Cold Immunity you have.
[roll22] vs AC to deal [roll23] If either hits sacrificing 20 dice of sneak attack to steal 19 spells and any Cold Immunity you have.
[roll24] vs AC to deal [roll25] If either hits sacrificing 20 dice of sneak attack to steal 19 spells and any Cold Immunity you have.
[roll26] vs AC to deal [roll27] If either hits sacrificing 20 dice of sneak attack to steal 19 spells and any Cold Immunity you have.
[roll28] vs AC to deal [roll29] If either hits sacrificing 20 dice of sneak attack to steal 19 spells and any Cold Immunity you have.
[roll30] vs AC to deal [roll31] If either hits sacrificing 20 dice of sneak attack to steal 19 spells and any Cold Immunity you have.
[roll32] vs AC to deal [roll33] If either hits sacrificing 20 dice of sneak attack to steal 19 spells and any Cold Immunity you have.
[roll34] vs AC to deal [roll35] If either hits sacrificing 20 dice of sneak attack to steal 19 spells and any Cold Immunity you have.

Rakaydos
2014-11-19, 11:23 PM
If you interrupt me, I still get to finish my turn before you, go, right?

greenpotato
2014-11-19, 11:58 PM
Yeah, if you want to change your actions.

Rakaydos
2014-11-20, 12:54 AM
So...
Swift: BoB-> Disjunction
-Interrupted by you fleeing the AoE, but the Body clones you summoned on your turn were gotten. The freeze effect was also disjunctioned, giving back my actions.

Move: Fly 150', 50' over your head
Standard Flyby attack: Disjunction to remove your buff stacks

Holding the other 100' movement until I see your responce...

greenpotato
2014-11-20, 01:50 AM
Flyby Attack [General]
Prerequisite

Fly speed.
Benefit

When flying, the creature can take a move action (including a dive) and another standard action at any point during the move. The creature cannot take a second move action during a round when it makes a flyby attack.
Normal

Without this feat, the creature takes a standard action either before or after its move.

One might argue that this means that your movement is set irrespective of what I do?

Interruption Synchronicity to Move 150 ft away behind in the direction of your movement (you are using wings right?)

Then, after your turn ends(assuming you have nothing else) I do the actions I was going to do before, swapping the second disjunction out for the move I just did as you no longer have duelward cast

Rakaydos
2014-11-20, 02:44 AM
Point of order: My Disjunction (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/magesDisjunction.htm) has a range of over 150'. therefore it still hits you after you move. This removes all your remaining Synchronicity stacks, right?

Also, I still have 1 (swift) action left, if I want to burn a turn attempt.

greenpotato
2014-11-20, 03:13 AM
The range doesn't matter, I'm reacting to you casting it on my location, you can't then go and change the target location or that would defeat the entire purpose of immediate actions

Rakaydos
2014-11-20, 01:00 PM
...Except you didnt really do anything with your readied action. I declared I was going to cast Disjunction on you. You moved. I still cast Disjunction on you. I didnt declare a grid square, just that I wanted to hit you, and I could.

Rakaydos
2014-11-20, 03:21 PM
The edge of the arena is a brick wall. It is as durable as a brick wall. When happens when you break it and leave? You don't know, but I will tell you it's not a "ring out".

Flyby Attack: D&D seems to treat move actions as resolving as-they-go, not as something declared in advance. For example, consider a level 1 rogue who takes a move action to go 30 feet forward in the middle of a dungeon. She steps over a pit trap and makes the Reflex save. If move actions were set in stone as they were declared, the rogue would still have to walk forward into the revealed trap even after making the Reflex save, but that's obviously not what happens in play. Rakaydos can use the rest of their move action.

Readied Actions: Certain uses of readied actions are infeasible because they try to divide actions that are indivisible. For example, you can't ready a Dimension Hop for when an arrow breaks your skin; you have to do it before the attack roll. However Disjunction doesn't have an attack roll. I don't know what the RAW is, but since it's a burst, it seems like a readied action to dash out of the mage-nuke's explosion when it goes off is reasonable. Go to the 3.5 subforum and argue that an Abrupt Jaunt wizard couldn't do what greenpotato is doing; see how far you get before people tell you you're basically playing the game wrong. greenpotato dodges the Disjunction.

EDIT: Further clarification on readied actions. "You make all pertinent decisions about a spell (range, target, area, effect, version, and so forth) when the spell comes into effect." greenpotato has to take the readied action when the spell is cast. If the readied action goes off before spell finishes, Rayakdos can retarget it.

Getting a bit of clarification on the 3rd paragraph vs the Edit...

Rakaydos
2014-11-20, 05:08 PM
Concede due to nigh-infinite reactive disjuntions.

Koolade man check out of the arena: [roll0] strength check vs stone. (DC 20+2 per inch of thickness)