PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Undead Caster-like Character. Help Needed.

D4rkh0rus
2014-11-14, 11:37 PM
Given a character thats undead and gonna take some spellcasting class (preferably Arcane)

Its gonna be a full-undead party, and I wanted some form of support/healer. What classes are there that can provide negative energy damage (since that heals undead)

Basically, I want a class that can:
-At-will deal Negative energy damage/provide fast-healing for entire day for the party, or deal tons of negative energy damage ((Mainly for out of combat))

-Be able to support a party of Factotum and Crusader (both undead ofc) I.E, cast crowd control and so on.

-Have telepathy or some other means of long distance communication

-Must not be able to create undead or if able, is not gonna use it (Main reason why I don't just take Dread necro...)

any1 got an idea for this?

Zanos
2014-11-14, 11:49 PM
Dread Necromancer gets an at will negative energy touch attack at first level.

malonkey1
2014-11-14, 11:52 PM
Dread Necromancer gets an at will negative energy touch attack at first level.

This is true. Clerics are an obvious choice with their inflict line, as well as Rebuke Undead.

mabriss lethe
2014-11-15, 12:23 AM
Lemme see: Dragon shaman or the Draconic Aura feat can net you an aura of fast healing that will top you up to 1/2 hp. Healing devotion will also grant a level based fast healing for 1 minute. Due to Healing devotion's wording, you can stockpile uses of the feat by giving them away to allies. (by burning 1 use, you can pass the benefit of the feat onto another person. The benefit of the feat isn't fast healing X, it's the ability to use a swift action to grant yourself fast healing X. Your uses/turn attempts recover the next day, and whomever received the Healing devotion from you retains it indefinitely until used. There is also no limit on the number of Devotion uses a person can be given.)

Edit to add: if your particular species of undead qualifies with an ability damage/drain or energy drain attack, you should grab necrotic reserve. It will grant you a sort of pseudo-negative HP, which counteracts one of the biggest weaknesses of Undead, being destroyed at 0 HP instead of dying at -10 hp as the living do. It also works well with Healing Devotion, since the fast healing auto-triggers, assuming you have a use left, if you drop to 0 hp or below. You might think of using a Binder w/ Tenebrous as a base for the build, but run that by the DM, as there are a few schools of thought on how Tenebrous's turn/rebuke ability works. One opinion is that you get an arbitrary number of turn attempts, usable 1/5 rounds, though others have argued against that. If you can use it indefinitely, you can easily keep Healing Devotion up on the party at all times by stockpiling, (not to mention the benefits of using rebuke to bolster your allies)

OldTrees1
2014-11-15, 01:00 AM
Strangely enough, the Touch of Healing feat heals everyone including Undead. (This helps maintain any disguises you might adopt)