PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Armored Mage feat

qwertyu63
2014-11-15, 06:14 PM
Armored Mage:
Prerequisites: Arcane caster level 1, proficiency in light armor
Benefit: You ignore arcane spell failure for light armor. Medium and heavy armor is unaffected.

Blackhawk748
2014-11-15, 06:41 PM
Armored Mage:
Prerequisites: Arcane caster level 1, proficiency in light armor
Benefit: You ignore arcane spell failure for light armor. Medium and heavy armor is unaffected.

Seems solid to me, as its basically the same thing as the Fighter ACF, but now you dont need to dip Fighter.

Extra Anchovies
2014-11-15, 06:53 PM
Seems solid to me, as its basically the same thing as the Fighter ACF, but now you dont need to dip Fighter.

Significantly better than the fighter ACF. Armored Mage only applies to spells of spell level ≤ your fighter level + 1. The most casting you can get out of it is Fighter 6/Caster 14. Of course, a clever workaround is the fact that Armored Mage lets you qualify for Battle Caster, so as long as you stick to medium (but not light) armor, you're fine. The Armored Mage ACF also removes medium and heavy armor proficiency, so you have to pick them up some other way.

However, the proposed feat is still worthwhile; the light armor proficiency requirement means the caster has to either spend a feat or dip into a proficiency-granting class. I'd allow it, because gishes need more goodies.

Blackhawk748
2014-11-15, 07:06 PM
Well guess i never read that last 2 lines, im gonna pretend i never have lol