PDA

View Full Version : Planar binding specific creature

With a box
2014-11-15, 08:17 PM
there is a succubusish sorcerer charmed the king and screwing up a kingdom, and It might be great if we can summon-and-die her.
it's like a scry-and-die but don't need to worry about trap or backup :elan:

we already know that she is outsider (we dismissaled her once)
but problem is how to know her name to bind (well by some scry spells)
and boosting scroll's will save DC
(DM gaved this scroll of planar bind few month ago, and everyone forgot about it until yesterday:sigh:.)

Should I wear a helmet in nest session?:eek:

Edit:

Blackhawk748
2014-11-15, 08:36 PM
there is a succubusish sorcerer charmed the king and screwing up a kingdom, and It might be great if we can summon-and-die her.
it's like a scry-and-die but don't need to worry about trap or backup :elan:

we already know that she is outsider (we dismissaled her once)
but problem is how to know her name to bind (well by some scry spells)
and boosting scroll's will save DC
(DM gaved this scroll of planar bind few month ago, and everyone forgot about it until yesterday:sigh:.)

Should I wear a helmet in nest session?:eek:

Edit:

If you know her name you can totally summon her, and pound into a succubus pancake. As for boosting the scrolls save, sorry i dont think you can.

As for the helmet, probably not, its very possible he gave you that scroll to do something like this. If not summon her than maybe summon an Archon to help beat the crap out of her.

With a box
2014-11-16, 03:29 AM
Can you pick a spell that make me know her truename?

Venger
2014-11-16, 03:38 AM
Can you pick a spell that make me know her truename?

There is no such spell.

Fortunately, the rules for researching someone's personal truename specify that all you need is their HD/2 successful knowledge checks (15+2xCR)

each week of research costs 1k

having a library cuts it by half

having "truename research" the feat cuts it by half (having both cuts it by 3/4)

unfortunately, creatures with <10HD are unresearchable

fortunately, you can research them anyway if you use divination magic.

there is a grossly detailed chart on p197 of tome of magic.

you're likely better off paying some chump to do it for you and just write the truename down on a piece of paper.

but none of this is necessary. all you need to summon a particular creature is their regular name, not their truename. you can figure that out easy as pie with low lvl divination magic and a ouija board.