PDA

View Full Version : Swordsman style charecter PRC?

maniacalmojo
2014-11-16, 06:48 PM
I am making a wandering swordsman styled character to play in a game. He is starting out as a swordsage and is going to dip cloistered cleric and spirit lion totem barbarian for obvious reasons but i was wondering where to take him past that. I want a class that will fit with the ronin style wandering swordsman archtype.

Things i should note
-He has the VoP feat (Dm made an exception for my katana, also i know its not optimized)
-I do not want to cast spells. Stances and manuvers are all great but i would rather augment what i can do
-Character is really fast. Like level 1 he has 40 movement, +10 Infinitive and his stances and maneuvers are based around moving and striking.

Just looking for ideas

Blackhawk748
2014-11-16, 07:27 PM
Well OA has Iaijutsu Master, you get Int to AC and a bunch of bonus centered around drawing and attacking with your weapon, may be worth looking into. Then their is the Ronin PrC from CW, full BaB and Sneak Attack as well as some bonus feats.

Xerlith
2014-11-16, 07:33 PM
This is one build I wouldn't dip CCleric. Instead, take a look at either Human paragon or the Factotum class. I made a build that was almost exactly the same concept. It was a Factotum3/Hit-And-Run Fighter1/Warblade3/Iaijutsu Master5/Swordsage1/Warblade+7. It wasn't meant to be optimized, but it relied heavily on high Int and Cha (I think I considered dipping Battle Dancer there) to bring Initiative to godly levels.

You don't need more than one strike if that one strike deals 6d6+6xCha + strength+weapon damage. Trust me.

a Human paragon 1/Spirit Lion Barb1/Hit-And-Run Fighter1/Swordsage2/Warblade10/Iaijutsu Master5 (not in this order) would probably work well too.

A fun fact: Wolf Fang Strike and Steel Wind are my favourite 1st level maneuvers to use with Iaijutsu Focus. See, Iaijutsu focus only requires you to draw a melee weapon to gain the bonus damage on all your attacks. They don't have to be made with said weapon at all.

Blackhawk748
2014-11-16, 07:37 PM
This is one build I wouldn't dip CCleric. Instead, take a look at either Human paragon or the Factotum class. I made a build that was almost exactly the same concept. It was a Factotum3/Hit-And-Run Fighter1/Warblade3/Iaijutsu Master5/Swordsage1/Warblade+7. It wasn't meant to be optimized, but it relied heavily on high Int and Cha (I think I considered dipping Battle Dancer there) to bring Initiative to godly levels.

You don't need more than one strike if that one strike deals 6d6+6xCha + strength+weapon damage. Trust me.

I did a far more simplified version of this (we ended at level 8) and ya, it is one hell of an Alpha Strike. Feel free to make all kinds of jokes when you do this. I personally did the "walk past the guy and all he hears is a *click*" joke as my primary schtick.

maniacalmojo
2014-11-16, 08:31 PM
my stats are

Xerlith
2014-11-17, 11:47 AM
So you should put them as:

16 STR, 16 DEX, 14 CON, 14 INT, 10 Wis, 13 Cha.

You didn't tell us what you want, neither have you expressed your opinion on the builds already presented. What do you want your character to be able to do? And how?