PDA

View Full Version : (IC) Sporkbeards Homebrew

sporkbeard
2014-11-16, 07:06 PM
Characters

Player
Character

Kish
Aerlya Rinys the sorceress (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=1054972)

Drackstin
Derial the warpriest (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=56975)

TomPliss
Kellen the Hunter (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=57086)

SmileyBastard
Etherian the fighter (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=834519)

OOC Thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?383988-(OOC)-Sporkbeards-Homebrew

sporkbeard
2014-11-16, 07:18 PM
You all find yourselves sitting together at a table inside the inn of the Leaky Bucket, in the small town of Strange Brew. The hour is late and the mood is lively, it is harvest season in these lands and the local farmers are in here enjoying a hardy drink after a long days work.

Kish
2014-11-16, 07:23 PM
"Hello," Aerlya says simply. "I'm Aerlya."

Drackstin
2014-11-16, 07:58 PM
Derial: "Good day and we'll met. my name is Derial.

Smileybastard
2014-11-17, 09:14 PM
Etherian

A small and child-like looking elf wearing a long blue hood says, "My name is Etherian."

Drackstin
2014-11-18, 10:15 AM
"it would seem i have a few coins left, might i buy the table a round, the harvest this year is plentiful and it has put me in a generous mood"

Kish
2014-11-18, 10:21 AM
"Certainly, thank you." Aerlya smiles warmly at Derial, and then looks curiously at the only person at the table who hasn't yet spoken.

Drackstin
2014-11-18, 10:23 AM
"HAHAHA, you're thinking the same as i am. it would seem a cat has his tongue, a rather big cat i might add"

TomPliss
2014-11-18, 12:40 PM
"You can call me Kellen, and this is Mirs", says the man, petting his jaguar lying down under his seat.

Drackstin
2014-11-18, 12:50 PM
"Nice of you two to join us. Good to see someone so connected with the wild. So about that drink, is pirate's grog good for everyone, it has a sweet taste." puts some coin on the table and waves over the beef maid.

sporkbeard
2014-11-18, 04:03 PM
The bar maid comes over balancing a stack of dirty dishes in one hand, she takes your order and coin and returns a few moments later with your drinks.

Drackstin
2014-11-18, 04:12 PM
"Thank you kind lady. now then, the night is getting late. we might want to turn in soon, for we don't know what tomorrow might bring." as he drinks his grog and looks around the pub.

sporkbeard
2014-11-18, 04:42 PM
You look around the tavern and the crowd seems to be thinning out. Not nearly as many patrons occupy the various tables and seats around the room.

Kish
2014-11-18, 04:46 PM
"Good idea," Aerlya says, noting that the tavern seems close to closing. She thanks the barmaid and Derial both and drains her drink before saying, "I'll see you all tomorrow then."

Drackstin
2014-11-18, 04:50 PM
"as will I." i drink finish my drink and tip the bar main, and ask for a room.

Smileybastard
2014-11-18, 08:09 PM
Etherian

Etherian drinks the grog, finding it not so much to his taste. He remains passive and watches the group dissolve as quickly as it formed. He watches them all move away. He wonders how long they will live and then goes and gets a room.

sporkbeard
2014-11-19, 05:29 PM
After a restful night of sleep you all find yourselves back at the same table in the morning. Just as you finish eating breakfast you hear a piercing shriek from outside.

Drackstin
2014-11-19, 05:39 PM
"Sounds like someones in trouble" I'll rush outside with my bow drawn.

Smileybastard
2014-11-19, 08:05 PM
Etherian

Etherian rushes outside as well.

Kish
2014-11-19, 08:06 PM
Aerlya will also run to investigate.

sporkbeard
2014-11-20, 01:06 AM
The party heads outside to investigate the screeching. In the middle of the village square you see a clearly distressed griffon with a circle of curious peasant around it. CAW! CAW! it screeches as it moves towards some of the peasants that have circled who back off some. You notice an amulet hanging around the great beasts neck.

Drackstin
2014-11-20, 01:41 AM
"Everyone please get back from the griffon, it is a dangerous and majestic animal, and we don't want anyone to get hurt." He puts his bow over his shoulder and slowly walks up to it "easy boy, we are not going to hurt you, now what do you have on your neck"
[roll0] perspiration to see the amulet.
[roll1] survival for knowing how to approach the wild animal.

Smileybastard
2014-11-20, 01:44 AM
Etherian

Spotting the amulet Etherian runs towards the beast. He slips through the crowd and approaches the beast. His thoughts are that this is no wild beast. "My name is Etherian." He bows, but his eyes never leave the creature's.

Smileybastard
2014-11-20, 01:46 AM
Etherian

Acrobatics to slip through the crowd if needed. [roll0]

Kish
2014-11-20, 07:02 AM
Aerlya steps forward, behind the others who approach the griffon. She avoids moving too quickly and speaks in a soothing voice. "Keep calm. No one is going to hurt you."

She readies her action to cast Sleep if the griffon attacks.

sporkbeard
2014-11-20, 10:28 PM
The griffon still in a panic hastily nuzzles the amulet off of it's neck and throws it on teh ground in front of the party. CAW! it screeches as it motions towards it.

Drackstin
2014-11-21, 12:55 AM
I see that the griffon is trying to tell us something, I pick up the amulet and examine it, as I show the griffon my holy symbol "I am a friend to all animals, I can help" trying to reassure it.

Smileybastard
2014-11-21, 05:31 AM
Etherian

"I don't think it is an animal."

Kish
2014-11-21, 07:32 AM
"Careful, that amulet might be a message but it might be dangerous." Aerlya continues to watch the griffon.

Drackstin
2014-11-21, 08:48 AM
"Your right, this is not an animal, it's an intelligent magical beast, and it's trying to tell us something."

sporkbeard
2014-11-21, 05:56 PM
CAW! The griffin violently shakes it head at Aerlya and motions with one of its claws at the amulet that Derial is holding.

Drackstin
2014-11-21, 06:48 PM
I will examine the amulet in my hand. If it apears safeel I will put it on.

sporkbeard
2014-11-21, 07:34 PM
You look at the amulet. It is circular, about 3 inches in diameter. Made of what looks like ivory, it has a paw carefully carved into it. You decide that it is safe and put it on around your neck.

The griffons caws turn from nonsense to clear common. "Do you understand me now holy man?" The griffon questions. Seeing that you understand it continues, "Time is short, goblins have stolen my eggs and fled with them to their cave! They must be retrieved!"

Drackstin
2014-11-21, 08:08 PM
"I can help you Nobel one, please lead the way. Everyone, the griffon needs our help, goblins have stole its egg" readies his bow and follows the griffon.

Kish
2014-11-21, 08:11 PM
"The griffon's male then? Where's his mate, if their egg's been stolen?" Aerlya doesn't ask anything as she hurries to keep up with Derial.

Smileybastard
2014-11-21, 08:19 PM
Etherian

Etherian follows. "Lets go then and return her eggs."

sporkbeard
2014-11-21, 10:21 PM
The griffon begins hastily moving out of town while still cawing.

"This way, hurry we haven't much time!"

Drackstin
2014-11-21, 10:37 PM
"This way, as fast as you can" follows the griffon

TomPliss
2014-11-22, 05:54 AM
Kellen corrects Derial's mistake as he begins to run, tapping on his hip to signal Mirs to follow them :
"goblins have stole their eggs"

Smileybastard
2014-11-22, 10:20 AM
Etherian

Etherian goes to grasp his curve blade and then hesitates. "How far are these goblins?"

Drackstin
2014-11-22, 11:29 AM
"shouldn't be to far now, the griffon wI'll lead us there. i'm not sure if there is a nother griffon, it might have been why it needs are help, but no matter what, we need to save those eggs.

Smileybastard
2014-11-22, 01:10 PM
Etherian

Etherian nods curtly and moves quickly keeping his eyes open for danger and signs of goblins.

Perception [roll0]
Survivial [roll1]

sporkbeard
2014-11-22, 05:37 PM
After a half an hour of hustling through the forests that surround the village you spot another griffon in the distance. This one is slightly larger but is far less colorful. When you spot this new griffon the one you've been following flies to it at full speed landing next to it, they chatter quickly back and forth. You catch up to it and see that they are standing at the ready in front of a cave entrance that, while you could slip into, they are far too big for.

"You must hurry inside! My mate has kept them trapped inside!" The smaller griffon caws.
"I will tear your innards from your chest and rend you flesh from your bones!" The larger griffon caws towards the darkness of the cave.

Drackstin
2014-11-22, 05:42 PM
"Easy now, we are here to help, if any run out, I'm sure you can handle them." I'll cast shield of fate on myself and run in.

Smileybastard
2014-11-22, 05:44 PM
Etherian

Upon seeing the cave the griffon is guarding Etherian draws his curve blade. "We will need light. I can light something up with magic, but would rather not be carrying it, so I can scout a bit better."

Drackstin
2014-11-22, 05:49 PM
"I have light covered, when we hear them I will light the cave." he pops the cork on a bottle of lamp oil and stuffs a piece of cloth in the top and ties it to his arrow, then cat spark on the cloth.

Kish
2014-11-22, 05:49 PM
"If we're going into a hostage situation, I'd suggest whoever is best at negotiating should go first," Aerlya says. "Would that be me? I'm not trained at it, but I can be very persuasive."

She snaps her fingers and what appear to be four floating lanterns appear around her. "I can handle light."

If Derial doesn't stop to discuss plans, she follows closely behind him, sending two of her dancing lights to float over his shoulders.

Smileybastard
2014-11-22, 05:56 PM
Etherian

"I have no idea if they will just attack or what. These are goblins and they are unpredictable. They may plan to eat the egg. I suggest we move fast and whoever is best at talking can be carrying light, but they don't need to be leading. I don't want to put them at risk and I am no good at talking."

Drackstin
2014-11-22, 06:07 PM
"My bow talks for me, but if you want to try to negotiate with the goblins feel free to, but I will be ready."

TomPliss
2014-11-22, 06:13 PM
"I agree, we can't trust goblin anyway, we'll have to attack."
turning to Derial, Kellen adds :
"Aim for the goblins near the eggs first, we need to make sure they stay safe."

Kish
2014-11-22, 06:18 PM
"Hostage situation. Saving the egg is what matters. It is unlikely that goblins can seriously hurt any of us, and hopefully they've realized their chances of getting out alive if they harm the egg are not good. It'll be in more danger the less hope they have of surviving anyway." She shakes her head, then starts into the cave, whether she's the first one in or not; if Derial is ahead of her two of her lights float over his shoulders, otherwise all four of her lights float around her, but in any case none of them are left behind her. If fifty seconds pass from her casting Dancing Lights before she sees goblins or eggs, she'll cast it again before the first one can expire.

Drackstin
2014-11-22, 06:23 PM
"In desperation they maybe smash the eggs anyway, you have 1 minute to negotiate, after that, we take them out, they can't hurt anything if they are not around."

Smileybastard
2014-11-22, 06:32 PM
Etherian

Etherian slips into the cave, sneaking along beside the group.

Stealth [roll0]
Perception [roll1]

Drackstin
2014-11-22, 06:35 PM
Heads into the cave with his flaming arrow.

sporkbeard
2014-11-22, 06:42 PM
"CAW! CAW! CAW!" Screeches the larger griffon at you all.
"Caw!" Screeches the smaller one.

"Why are you standing out here?! Get in there and save my EGGS!" Screams the larger griffon at you all.
"You'd better get in there." Says the smaller one.

What order are you guys going in?

Kish
2014-11-22, 06:45 PM
Unless Derial ran in without stopping to argue, Aerlya's probably in front. On the other hand, if anyone who moves faster than 20 feet wants to overtake her, they easily can.

Drackstin
2014-11-22, 06:46 PM
I was already heading in the cave before the talking started. I thought the was happening as we enter. I'll go first.

sporkbeard
2014-11-22, 09:35 PM
You all begin to file into the cave, the walls quickly go from being claustrophobic to a full room that none of you even need stoop. The room is roughly 15 ft by 30 ft, there is a doorway in front of you and one of the left.

Smileybastard
2014-11-22, 09:40 PM
Etherian

Etherian examines the grounds for fresh goblin tracks.

survival [roll0]

Drackstin
2014-11-22, 09:59 PM
I will also try to see if there are any clues to what way the goblins went.
[roll0] survival

sporkbeard
2014-11-22, 10:27 PM
You both examine the dirt on the floor and make out many foot prints, and while a few sets lead to the doorway to your left most lead straight to the door in front of you.

Drackstin
2014-11-22, 10:40 PM
"I say 3 of us to the right, and the hunter and his pet to the left, just in case any are in there too." I'll motion to the door and when we are inplace open it.

Smileybastard
2014-11-23, 06:23 AM
Etherian

"Lets stick together and go straight first. You may think goblins are no real threat, but they are. They are savage little unpredictable buggers." With that Etherian move to the door ahead and listens.

perception [roll0]

sporkbeard
2014-11-23, 05:38 PM
You hear several creatures moving around, you can tell by their footsteps that they can't be above medium in size. You can also make out at least 4 separate voices but there could be more.

Smileybastard
2014-11-23, 05:50 PM
Etherian

Etherian put his hand on the door handle and whispers. "We have at least four in here. Get ready. One the count of four. One. Two. Three. ..."

Drackstin
2014-11-23, 05:54 PM
When the door is open ill aim my bow inside with the rest of the group.

TomPliss
2014-11-23, 06:03 PM
Hearing the count Kellen gets the attention of Mirs to get her to attack the nearest enemy with himself, preparing his greatsword.

Smileybastard
2014-11-23, 07:23 PM
Etherian

"four." Etherian opens the door as silently as he can and moves in to attack.

Stealth [roll0]
Perception[roll1]

Kish
2014-11-23, 07:24 PM
Aerlya stays close behind Etherian; the lights floating over his shoulders probably ruin his attempt at stealth.

sporkbeard
2014-11-23, 07:56 PM
Etherian throws the door open and light spills into the room. The room is roughly circular about 30 feet in diameter with a domed ceiling, the ground is littered with bedding and piles of furs and food. In an instant both your party and the group of goblins see each other. There are 3 goblins, withing 15 feet of the door way and 4 more further back in the room. Of the three close goblins one is armed with a short bow, one with a short sword and the last with a club. They are caught off guard.

The party gets a surprise round.

Smileybastard
2014-11-23, 08:06 PM
Etherian

Etherian charges forward towards the goblins banishing his curve blade.

He move to be beside two of the closer goblins, one specifically being the archer.

Drackstin
2014-11-23, 08:10 PM
If the goblins in the front do not have one of the eggs I'll fire my flaming arrow at them, if they do I'll shoot the ones in the back row.

[roll0] attack and [roll1] damage. You decide if the fire hurts them with the bottle of lamp oil [roll2]

sporkbeard
2014-11-23, 08:14 PM
The arrow hits the goblin holding the short sword but he manages to shirk off most of the fire. Some of the fire does splash onto the goblin with the club next to him who yelps in pain.

Kish
2014-11-23, 08:22 PM
Aerlya, seeing no eggs, steps forward and fires a Sleep spell at the back group of goblins (assuming they're all within a 10 foot radius of each other; if not, she'll catch as many as she can).
DC 15 Will save for each goblin she's caught.

sporkbeard
2014-11-23, 08:35 PM
You see two of the goblins in the back drop to the ground fast asleep.

TomPliss
2014-11-24, 02:42 AM
Kellen move to flank the melee goblin with Etherian, telling Mirs to stay with him to be sure to take the first one down quickly.

sporkbeard
2014-11-24, 05:03 AM
Initiative order

Kellen
Goblin 3 (club)
Goblin 1 (short sword)
Aerlya Rinys
Derial
Goblin 6
Etherian Nylanass
Goblin 4 (sleeping)
Goblin 5 (sleeping)
Goblin 7
Goblin 2 (shortsword)

Kellen's turn

sporkbeard
2014-11-24, 06:16 PM
Kellen slams his great sword into the goblin with the short sword and cuts it in two.
Mir tears into the goblin with the club and rips it to shreds.

Aerlya Rinys turn.

Initiative order

Kellen/Mir
Goblin 3 (club) Mauled to death
Goblin 1 (short sword) Cut in two
Aerlya Rinys <--
Derial
Goblin 6
Etherian Nylanass
Goblin 4 (sleeping)
Goblin 5 (sleeping)
Goblin 7
Goblin 2 (short bow)

Kish
2014-11-24, 06:24 PM
Aerlya points at the farthest waking goblin as she runs forward. A crackling blue-white beam of electricity arcs from her extended finger.
Moving 20 feet into the room or as far forward as she can go without ending her turn in a goblin's threatened area or eating an attack of opportunity, and using her Electric Ray.
Ranged touch attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Drackstin
2014-11-24, 06:35 PM
If the goblin Aerlya used her spell on still draws breath I will aim at it also, if it is dead, I will target the second still awake goblin with a volley.

Rapid shot
[roll0] attack [roll1] damage [roll2] attack [roll3] damage

sporkbeard
2014-11-24, 06:53 PM
Aerlya zaps the goblin but it still stand so Derial shoots at it, his first armor being caught in the goblins armor he fires again and drops the goblin.

Etherian Nylanass' turn

Initiative order

Kellen/Mir
Aerlya Rinys <--
Derial
Goblin 6Shocked and shot
Etherian Nylanass
Goblin 4 (sleeping)
Goblin 5 (sleeping)
Goblin 7
Goblin 2 (short bow)

Smileybastard
2014-11-24, 07:05 PM
Etherian

Etherian, glad to have some action, slashes at the goblin with the bow.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll]1d10+1]/roll]
Confirm[roll1]
Damage [roll]1d10+1]/roll]

sporkbeard
2014-11-25, 12:31 AM
Etherian slashes his elven blade at the goblin wielding the bow but the blow is absorbed by the goblins armor. The goblin with the shortbow turns and makes a break for it towards the group further back babbling fearfully the whole way. The goblin that is still standing in the back scrambles over to one of his sleeping brethren and slaps him until he awakes.

Kellen and Mir's turn

Initiative order

Kellen/Mir <--
Aerlya Rinys
Derial
Goblin 6Shocked and shot
Etherian Nylanass
Goblin 4 (sleeping)
Goblin 5
Goblin 7
Goblin 2 (short bow)

TomPliss
2014-11-25, 02:31 AM
Kellen rushes toward the back, indicating Mirs to do the same so they end up on the 2 awake goblins, attacking the one near the last sleeping goblin.

Kellen's Greatsword :
attack : [roll0], damage : [roll1]
(crit confirm : [roll2], damage : [roll3])
Mirs' Bite :
attack : [roll4], damage : [roll5]
(crit confirm : [roll6], damage : [roll7])

sporkbeard
2014-11-25, 04:26 AM
The goblin dodges out of the way of Kellen's sword blow but is caught in Mirs' maw and is torn to pieces.

Aerlya Rinys' turn

Initiative order

Kellen/Mir
Aerlya Rinys <---
Derial
Goblin 6 Shocked and shot
Etherian Nylanass
Goblin 4 (sleeping)
Goblin 5 Mauled to death
Goblin 7
Goblin 2 (short bow)

Kish
2014-11-25, 07:14 AM
Aerlya moves forward again; if she can reach Goblin 2 with her beam, she'll try to blast him with her electric ray. If she can't, she'll choose Goblin 7 as her target.

Ranged touch: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Drackstin
2014-11-25, 07:52 AM
Watching as Aerlya shocks the nearest goblin, I draw my bow hoping to drop whats left in the room. i aim and let two arrows fly.

if Aerlya didn't kill her goblin, ill hit it first, hoping to drop it and move to the last one. if she did kill it, ill target the last goblin.
[roll0] attack [roll1] damage
[roll2] attack [roll3] damage

Smileybastard
2014-11-25, 07:19 PM
Etherian

Etherian charges forward and attacks a goblin.

Will try to be adjacent to both goblins with bows if he can. He does not want to provoke any attacks of opportunity.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Attack [roll2]
Damage [roll3]