PDA

View Full Version : [M&M 3e] Clash of Superpowers ( IC )

Drakeburn
2014-11-16, 11:39 PM
Clash of Superpowers, Issue # 1:

Another ordinary afternoon in Garnet city. After a hard day of work, its citizens are getting ready to go home.

One of the parking garages in one of the business parks of Garnet city appears to be halfway empty already.

With rush hour coming close, it seems like it is gonna be a while to get home.

[ Link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?383830-M-amp-M-3e-Clash-of-Superpowers-%28-OOC%29) to the OOC thread ]

[ Link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?384023-Clash-of-Superpowers-Dice-Rolling-Thread&p=18414907#post18414907) to the dice rolling thread ]

Zelphas
2014-11-17, 02:08 AM
Chia walks out to the parking garage from her nearby gymnastics instruction space, wishing she could just fly home. She had figured out how to manipulate the heat in the air to allow her to fly years ago, but it took all of her concentration to do it, and someone would be bound to notice a young woman floating over the city. "Stupid traffic," she grumbles under her breath.

She isn't really annoyed about the traffic. Months have passed, and yet there is still no sign of her mother anywhere. Chia is sure her mother is in Garnet City. She just can't seem to find her.

Silent_p
2014-11-17, 04:48 AM
Hannah had been sitting in the car waiting for about twenty minutes. The client had specified a half-hour meeting and hinted a generous tip were she ready to go when it finished. The radio was losing its appeal, however, and her inaction was starting to tense her leg.

She checked the time again, then clicked off the engine and got out of the car. Closing the door, she released a long breath and began stretching her leg carefully. There was still time so she started gently pacing around the parking garage, limbering herself up a little and attempting to ease the dull ache.

The_Admiral
2014-11-17, 06:34 AM
Richard sat on his motorcycle as he popped another sweet into his mouth, the wrapper contributing to the growing pile in his bag. Even interns have personal days and this was one he took advantage of, though his was not going as planned. The only bright spot was that he had finished the costume, a blue jumpsuit built to accommodate the mobility the MAX function he modded into the Gauntlet should allow.

Batpope Scott
2014-11-17, 06:46 AM
A short walk from the bar he'd been at puts Rick at the garage. He hadn't been drinking, but his clothes smell faintly of alcohol. I'm not sure why I keep going to those department celebrations; I need to keep my distance.

He looks up at the garage and gets a sudden urge to go in. The feeling, though, isn't his. Nightwatcher wants him to enter. Rick sighs at his eternal companion's curiosity, mumbling to himself "I suppose I can make an exception this time. I don't have anything better to do."

He walks into the garage by himself, readjusting his senses. He briefly jumbles his mind, picking up new talents for the situation. He figures he should be alert in a dark parking garage; criminals like the look of a man walking to his car by himself. Rick keeps his eyes open as he enters, moving quickly and quietly, and prods his mind with the thought Why did you want to come in here?

HopeHubris
2014-11-17, 06:48 AM
Heh, traffic, sucks for them
Max thinks, manipulating time has its advantages, in fact, manipulating time is basically all advantages.
Now, if only I had somewhere to be

Oh god, that colour is horrid

DoctorFaust
2014-11-17, 09:08 AM
"Dammit," Claire pants. "Dammit, dammit, dammit. Three levels up in a goddamn parking garage, and now the wheel falls off?"

He strains in his seat, reaching for the wheel that rolled away, but the chuck of plastic slips away under his fingers.

"Well, ****." Claire settles back in his chair, growling to himself. Out of the corner of his eye, he sees another man waiting on his motorcycle tucking a sweet wrapper into his bag. "Hey," he calls. "I'm havin' a bit of trouble. Mind giving me some help?"

Drakeburn
2014-11-17, 05:34 PM
Chia

A few people pass by you as you walk out of the garage, only a couple of them say hello to you.

Richard and Claire

As you enjoy you sweet, you hear somebody call out to you for assistance. You turn to see somebody who appears to be struggling with something.

Hannah

Walking around the parking garage, a young man in a lab coat suddenly bumps into you.
"I am so, so sorry!" He apologizes. He appears to be carrying a metal suitcase.
"Are you alright?"

Rick

So far nobody has noticed you as you head over to your car. A woman bumping into some kind of scientist, some guy calling over to somebody else for help. Everything seems normal.

Perception DC 15: You see a white van within the parking garage, and you count two people in hoodies at the windshield. They look as thought they're waiting for something.

Perception DC 20: You see a suspicious black van parked around the corner of the next block outside.

Please make your checks in the dice rolling thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?384023-Clash-of-Superpowers-Dice-Rolling-Thread)!

Zelphas
2014-11-17, 06:56 PM
Chia stops, her eyes narrowing. Two vans, both creepy... She moves over to the wall and activates her power, warping the air around her with heat. To the casual observer, where she now stood would be empty; a closer observation would reveal a slight heat shimmer, as though water was evaporating there. Behind her veil, Chia flicks her eyes between the two vans, watching to see if either of them makes a move. They might be connected to her mother, and she can't just sit back in case someone gets hurt.

Activating Sahara's Concealment 2 power. She is invisible to all visual senses, as long as she moves at -1 her movement speed. For now, she simply watches the two vans.

Silent_p
2014-11-17, 06:58 PM
Steadying herself after being jostled, Hannah glances at the man in the lab coat. "I'm fine, thanks. Just a little stiff from sitting too long." Too rattled to notice the metal suitcase, she steps back to allow him to move on. "Guess I'll let you get on your way, doctor."

Giving the man a small smile, she re-checks her watch.

The_Admiral
2014-11-17, 09:29 PM
"Sure thing dude" Richard replied as he got off his motorcycle, eating another sweet.

"What do you need help with?" he then asks, approaching the struggling man.

DoctorFaust
2014-11-17, 09:41 PM
Claires looks up at the man from his wheelchair. "Well," he begins, keeping his tone patient, "My chair's broken, so I'm having a bit of trouble moving. Would you mind pushing me to my car, or something?" He points to a black sedan, halfway across the lot. "I really didn't want to have to drag myself all the way over there."

Batpope Scott
2014-11-17, 09:56 PM
The hoods in the van seem... off. It might be nothing, but I may as well watch to see if something's going to happen. Or that other one... I should see what's going on. Rick walks slowly to the black van, trying to see what's inside without revealing his presence. Dunno what's up with all the sneaking today; it's like I think I'm some kind of secret agent or something. Rick smirks at the thought as he continues forward.

The_Admiral
2014-11-17, 10:30 PM
"Oh, sorry dude, sure" he replied, helping the man get to the van.

DoctorFaust
2014-11-18, 12:21 AM
"Yeah, thanks." He settles down into the drivers seat of his car, fumbling in his pockets for his keys. "Again, thanks. Sorry if I came off like a bit of an ass, but I've been having to pull some long hours at work. What's your name, by the way?"

The_Admiral
2014-11-18, 10:19 AM
"No harm no foul, name's Richard, what's yours?" he replied leaning his back on the van.

Drakeburn
2014-11-18, 10:53 AM
Rick

In the front of the van, you get a better look at the two men in the front seats. The driver is a Caucasian man in his late twenties, and the man in the passenger seat is Caucasian teenager. They haven't noticed you, but they notice something else. Turning to the direction they're looking, you see another teenager walk into the parking garage, only slightly younger than the passenger. The teenager is wearing jeans, a black T - Shirt, and carrying backpack over one shoulder.
The driver and passenger watch as he walks towards their direction.

Hannah

"Lab assistant actually." The man corrected.
"I just help out in one of the labs from Parson Enterprises. I'll be on my way now."
He gives you a friendly wave goodbye as he walks off to his car.

Chia

You notice a young teenager walk into the parking garage, and he appears to be heading towards one of the suspicious vans. You also notice that the van outside starts moving very slowly and parks across the entrance of the parking garage.

Silent_p
2014-11-18, 11:31 AM
Hannah nods politely at the explanation. "Parson, eh?" She begins, digging in her pocket for her business cards, only to find he's already walking off. Her hands flop to her sides. "Take care then," she says, mostly to herself as she returns his wave.

Returning to her car, Hannah leans against the trunk, taking some weight off her leg. She probably shouldn't still be driving so much but damn if she's going to completely give up her passion. She looks over at the lab assistant, her gaze drifting down and she notes the unusual metal case. She idly wonders about it as she watches him walk away.

Zelphas
2014-11-18, 12:56 PM
Chia hesitates as she sees the teenager and the black van's movement. She readies a shimmering orb of superheated air, but holds it at bay for now. After all it might be just one guy meeting his friends, and the black van could just be waiting impatiently for someone in the parking garage. Totally innocent. Yeah, right.

Ready a Heatwave. If the teenager gets attacked/attacks someone, she'll hit the attacker; if either of the vans suddenly accelerates she'll aim for their tires (priority on the black van).

Accuracy: [roll0] Damage DC 20, Weaken Fortitude DC 15 if it hits.

DoctorFaust
2014-11-18, 01:16 PM
"The name's Claire. And before you ask, yes, my parents did have a strange sense of humor." He sticks out a hand to Richard. "Nice to meet you. Do you work at one of the offices?"

The_Admiral
2014-11-18, 05:22 PM
"pfffft, did your dad leave home when you were three, did he leave little to your ma and pfffftttt" Richard replied, laughing his ass off as he slid to the ground of the garage laughing.

OOC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOHPuY88Ry4

RO

Batpope Scott
2014-11-18, 05:25 PM
Fairly young, Easy enough to startle.

Rick, ever the optimist, walks up to the driver's side window and knocks on the glass to alert them of his presence.

Drakeburn
2014-11-18, 06:36 PM
Rick

The young passenger jumps a bit from his seat as you tap the window. The driver on the other hand, looks annoyed.
"What do you want? Beat it!" The driver hollers at you through the window. Then he gets the van started and drives off slowly.

He doesn't go very far, as he stops a couple feet away from the young teenager who walked in. The passenger window rolls down and the passenger starts talking with the young man with their voices lowered down.

Hannah

You see the young lab assistant get into a small two-seater car that is light bluish in color. By how it looks, it is probably a used car.

Batpope Scott
2014-11-19, 09:22 AM
Well, that was rude.

Rick sneaks over to get a better listen at what they're talking about, which he makes a mental note of being an invasion of privacy, but they're acting suspicious enough to warrant it.

DoctorFaust
2014-11-19, 09:31 AM
Claire cracks a grin, but replies, "Oh, laugh it up, D!ck." Having finally found the keys to his car in one of his pockets, he sticks the correct key in the ignition and turns it, bringing the engine rumbling to life. "Well, D!ck, it's been nice meeting you, but I've got to go now."

Silent_p
2014-11-19, 11:45 AM
Guess being an assistant doesn't attract a great salary, Hannah reflected, noting the small car.

She checked her watch again and wondered how late her client would be - they were always late. Sighing, she shifted her weight slightly and let her gaze travel around the parking garage slowly hoping for something to distract her.

Drakeburn
2014-11-19, 06:40 PM
Everyone near the entrance

Suddenly you start to hear tires screeching outside, and the next thing you know the black van crashes past the toll gate and screeches to a stop in front of the front van.
"Think you can move in on our turf!?" Somebody from the black van screamed.

Everybody else

You hear something screeching and crashing through the first floor of the parking garage.

Roll for initiative! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?384023-Clash-of-Superpowers-Dice-Rolling-Thread)

HopeHubris
2014-11-20, 03:42 AM
"What the hell was that?"
Max exclaims, surprised that people can actually be shocked into thinking aloud
Here I am, just minding my own business, and something that is probably a crime starts happening, I guess I should do something about it, or at least check it out

Always prepared to mess with people (Which is what he considers his crime-fighting), he has his suit on him at all times.
Accelerating the process, it is on in an instant and starts moving towards the parking garage, his body starting to become a blur

Quickness 4 lets me put the suit on in basically a free action, I think
If he heard the crash-y noise, he's probably reasonably close, but with his speed he's in no rush, so he's probably just outside the parking thing now

Silent_p
2014-11-20, 10:33 AM
An enormous crashing sound from the floor below causes Hannah to push off her car and start for the stairs down. Hope no one's badly injured. While her stride was purposeful, her limp was noticeable as she hurried onwards.

Taking out her cell phone, she checked to see if she had a signal.

DoctorFaust
2014-11-20, 12:10 PM
Claire spins in his seat, turning towards the crashing noise. "Hey, Richard," he says, keeping his voice level. "Sorry to keep asking things of you, but there should be a suit, a jacket, and a motorcycle helmet in the trunk. Mind grabbing them for me real quick?"

Zelphas
2014-11-20, 12:24 PM
Chia blinks in surprise. She had been expecting a quick smash-and-grab type heist, maybe a kidnapping; a turf war was... surprising. Nevertheless, she fires a blast of concentrated heat at the black van's tires. No need to let this spill out into the street.

Fire a heatwave at the Black van's tires. Rolled on the dice roll thread.

Drakeburn
2014-11-22, 12:34 AM
Chia

The front tires of the black van melt into black goop, much to the surprise of the crooks in the van. Now everybody from both vans are hurrying to pull something out, probably for their weapons.

[ Rick (20), Claire (22) ]

[Black Van Gang]

[Chia (10), Max(10), Hannah(10),]

[White Van Gang]

The_Admiral
2014-11-22, 09:05 PM
Richard jumps into the van sliding into the back as he tossed the requested for items to Claire.

Pulling back his sleeve, he reveals a forearm covering gauntlet, he depresses a button as he says, "I think you should stay inside."

I accidentally unsubscribed to the IC, so yeah, sorry.

Initiative
[roll0]

DoctorFaust
2014-11-22, 09:42 PM
Claire grabs the clothes out of the air and begins struggling into them. "Like hell I'll stay out of this," he mutters.

Batpope Scott
2014-11-23, 03:58 PM
Rick pulls his pistol out of his jacket and yells "Everybody stop or I'll have to place you under arrest!"

Not like that line ever works...

He fires his pistol at one of the black van gang members, internally thanking himself for loading the gun with rubber bullets.

Drakeburn
2014-11-24, 08:52 PM
Rick

The driver of the black van screams in pain as the rubber bullet manages to hit him in the shoulder.
"EAT LEAD COP!" The driver shouts as he fires towards your direction, hitting you in the shoulder.

[ DC 18 Damage Resistance Check ]

3 more gang members jump out of the car, and with the passenger they shoot at the other van. One shot hits the young teen's backpack, and apparently goes through his back as well. The rest of their shots struck the passenger dead, while hitting the driver of the white van got hit in the upper left torso.

You hear faint hissing noise coming from the dead teen's backpack.

[ Rick (20), Claire (22) ]

[Black Van Gang]

> [Chia (10), Max(10), Hannah(10),]

[White Van Gang]

White Van passenger [Dead]
White Van Kid [Dead]
White Van Driver [1 one-degree injury]

Black van driver [1 one-degree injury]

Zelphas
2014-11-24, 11:05 PM
Chia stares at the two bodies on the ground. They aren't moving. I don't think they're breathing. They can't be-- she quickly ends that line of thought, choking back a sob that would likely reveal her hiding place.

She couldn't focus on the bod--on the teenagers on the ground, not now. She had to stop this before anyone else was--was hurt. Tears streaming silently down her face, Chia took careful aim and fired a blast of withering desert heat directly at the driver of the black van. Maybe if she took down the leader, the rest would back off.

Silent_p
2014-11-25, 02:10 PM
Hannah's steps falter momentarily. Were those gunshots?! She picks up her pace and tears down the stairs as quickly as possible, shoving her phone back into her pocket. She carefully cracks open the door to the lower level to see what she can do to help.

Not gonna stand idly by this time, dammit.

HopeHubris
2014-11-25, 02:29 PM
Gunshots, not good, I guess I should start hurrying now
He accelerates himself as he runs to try and prevent any bloodshed, though he feels he is probably too late.

He quickly arrives on scene and shouts
"Hey, you with the gun, Stop!"
Before noticing that there is more than one gunmen
Dumb, you're super fast, basically, you could have taken in the entire room in a second, really need to look before I leap at a dude with a gun next time, well, here's hoping they're terrible shots

Targeting the most immediately obvious person (probably the driver guy?) with a
Perception range affliction, DC 18 Fort:
1st degre: Vulnerable, Hindered, 2nd degre: Immobile, Defenseles, 3rd degre: Paralyzed, Unaware,

Drakeburn
2014-11-29, 05:18 PM
The driver of the black van is taken by surprise when he got hit by a blast of desert heat. The blast seemed to have left him exhausted, and he simply collapses of exhaustion onto the driver's wheel. Before anybody reacts to the blaring car horn, the driver of the white van suddenly appears frozen in position.
The back of the white van opens, and three more thugs pour out of the van.
"Shoot them!" One of them yells. "Shoot them all down!"
One of the thugs attempts to shoot the driver of the black van, only to hit the windshield.
The remaining two thugs take down two of the thugs from the black van.

>[ Rick (20), Claire (22) ]

[Black Van Gang]

[Chia (10), Max(10), Hannah(10),]

[White Van Gang]

White Van Kid [Dead]
White Van Driver [incapacitated]

Black van driver [Paralyzed, Unaware]
2 Black van thugs [Dead]

DoctorFaust
2014-11-30, 12:15 AM
At the sound of gunfire, Claire jumps in his seat. "Ah, scheisse," he mutters, jamming the helmet down around his ears and flicking Du Vin's power on. "A quiet life, that's all I ask for. A quiet goddamn life to do my experiments in. But nooo."

With some difficulty, he extracts himself from the car, emerging on the opposite side as Richard, his knees popping loudly as he bends them straight while taking a few careful steps forwards. "Punk-ass bitches always have to come around here. Calibrations complete," he remarks to no one in particular. "Beginning override of basic security protocols. Engaging speed upper."

In a few practiced motions, Claire takes up a runner stance, pointing himself towards the source of the gunfire. "Override restraint levels one, two, and three. Disable Dempsey protocol," he continues, various icons flashing up on the visor of his helmet as he preps the suit for active wear. Then, in a flutter of cloth, he moves, running full out towards the source of the gunfire.

Super speed 3 gives me a movement speed of 250 feet, I think. Just taking a move action to go as far towards the fight as possible.

Batpope Scott
2014-11-30, 01:10 PM
Rick yells as he catches a bullet to the shoulder. More concerning is his throbbing head, however. "No... No, not now..."

The man falls to his knees before merging with his own shadow. What comes out, a female figure considerably shorter, gives a low hiss before shooting off like a rocket. Nightwatcher flies towards the vans and throws a jab with sickening speed at one of the white van thugs.

Free action to change into Nightwatcher, move action to fly to the van (I'm assuming it's closer than 500ft if we're taking potshots at each other), and standard action to use Knockback Blow!

Since Nightwatcher's in the air, her attack bonus is increased by 2.

Drakeburn
2014-12-03, 10:11 PM
Claire

You find yourself facing what appears to be a gang war. There appear to be casualties from both sides, and before you can act a figure suddenly darts out at one of the thugs near the white van and sends him flying out of the parking garage with one hit.

Nightwatcher

Your hit sends the thug flying out the parking garage and probably into the streets outside. A few screams of shock and horror cry out from the streets outside.

Everybody at the scene

"Shoot the freaks!" One of the thugs screams. A suggestion that everybody from both vans quickly agree on, with the thugs from the black van turning their guns to the heroes at the scene.

The passenger fires a shot at the blurry figure (Max), but misses and hits a rear view mirror from one of the parked cars.
The rest of the thugs fire at the shadowy figure and the new arrival (Claire and Nightwatcher), and they didn't miss.

[ Damage Resistance Check DC: 18 ]

[ Rick, Claire ]

[Black Van Gang]

>[ Chia, Max, Hannah ]

[White Van Gang]

White Van Thug [incapacitated]
White Van Kid [Dead]
White Van Driver [incapacitated]

Black van driver [Paralyzed, Unaware]
2 Black van thugs [Dead]

HopeHubris
2014-12-04, 12:05 AM
"Hey, why shoot at me? That's not nice"
Max says, before repeatedly punching the passenger in the face
"That'll teach ya"

Zelphas
2014-12-04, 01:52 AM
Chia blocks out the fact that two more people are now dead, focusing on the fact that the gang members have stopped shooting each other. She opts to hit one of the thugs from the white van, choosing him mostly because she had been focusing on the black van's occupants so far.

Silent_p
2014-12-04, 05:55 AM
It's like a warzone - or, at least, what Hannah imagines one to be like - albeit with several more impossible feats of superhuman power than is usual in reality.

She notes a faint noise coming from a young gunshot victim. Might still be alive. Glancing around briefly, she quickly crouch-walks over to the body and begins dragging it out of harm's way. Get him to safety, then call the cops.

She frowns: the noise seems to be coming from his backpack.

The_Admiral
2014-12-04, 07:56 AM
Max leapt into action, speeding out of the van with his super speed, rushing into the largest concentration of thugs, throwing his fists into their faces.

Combining my hit many minions advantage with my speed to punch out as many minions as possible with MY FISTS OF JUSTICE!

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
DC 23

Drakeburn
2014-12-04, 10:26 AM
Everybody

As the passenger from the black van gets pounded into unconsciousness, four of the remaining thugs get taken out by fury of speed. The last thug standing, seeing how he is now alone with the heroes, drops his weapon and puts his hands over his head.
"Giving up!" He announces.

Hannah

As you drag the body, you notice an odd odor coming from the backpack as well. Then you begin to see vapor forming from the backpack. As the vapor gets bigger, it changes colors. It turned from red to blue, blue to green, green to black, black to yellow, and so on and so forth.

The encounter is over!

Everybody gets a Character point and a Victory point!

Silent_p
2014-12-05, 07:09 AM
Concentrating on the tasks she has set herself, Hannah does her best to ignore the craziness going on around her. Just a little further.

What she can't ignore, however, is the near eruption of a multi-coloured gas from the backpack and the accompanying odour. Dropping the body, she scrambles away from the cloud and buries her face in the crook of her arm. Don't. Breathe.

Her eyes are wide as she watches the gas expand and shift colours.

The_Admiral
2014-12-05, 01:36 PM
Richard narrowed his eyes, shouting, "GET OUT OF HERE!", he then ran, grabbing hold of the bag and tossing it into Claire's van, slamming all the doors shut and closing all the windows.

Turning his attention to the others, he attempts to move the unconscious crooks away from the cloud.

Assuming no rolls needed to push Hannah out of the gas thing and that super speed since I can travel 1800 feet flat out every six seconds ish.

Zelphas
2014-12-05, 07:19 PM
Chia slumps against the wall for a moment as the fight ends, sobbing. She quickly gets ahold of herself, however. People can still hear me. I need to get away from the crime scene before people figure out where I am. She starts moving towards her car again.

However, the commotion of the other people who took down the thugs catches Chia's attention. She creeps closer, her eyes widening as she sees the multicolored gas. This could be something mother put together...

Drakeburn
2014-12-06, 12:22 PM
Hannah

You already begin to feel the effects of the gas. You feel your eyes sting and water, as if you're cutting onions. You also feel a burning sensation creeping up through your nose. You cannot see past your own tears, but feel a breeze brush by, and the odor seems to be getting weaker.

Claire

As you pull the unconscious punks away from the cloud that is starting to fade away, you notice a woman who happens to be teary eyed and covering her mouth with her arm.

Everyone

You start to hear police sirens in the distance, and by the sound of it they seem to be on their way to the parking garage.

Silent_p
2014-12-06, 01:32 PM
Blinking her eyes against an onslaught of tears, Hannah futilely tries to shuffle backwards. The burning sensation in her nostrils intensifies. Damn, I hope that's tear gas. She coughs several times and closes her eyes - again to no avail.

A strong wind blows past suddenly and the smell lessens considerably. Hannah tries opening her eyes but the tears are still flowing freely. Shifting gears, she starts to stand. The wall should be a little bit that way.

Zelphas
2014-12-06, 02:04 PM
Chia is creeping closer to the gas, hoping to see if it smelled similar to the concoction of her youth, when she hears the sirens approaching. This is an unknown gas leak. If they catch me, they'll run tests, and they'll find some...interesting things. Chia turns and tries to creep out of the parking garage, keeping her veil of heat close about her. She'll come back for her car later.

DoctorFaust
2014-12-06, 02:37 PM
Claire walks up to the woman that appears to be suffering from the effects of the gas and lays a hand on her shoulder. "Hey," he asks. "You alright? Need help or anything?"

Silent_p
2014-12-06, 05:48 PM
Hannah flinches away from a touch on her shoulder. Lowering her arm and peering up, she makes out a blurry figure wearing some kind of helmet. Motorcycle cop? Gesturing to her face, she offers a weak, teary smile. "Could use a hand up. Can't see right just yet, officer."

She starts trying to rise again, hoping that he'll take the cue and that he really does mean well.

HopeHubris
2014-12-06, 06:23 PM
Max notices the woman affected by the gas and walks over, having returned to the regular progression of time now that all of the threats seem to have been dealt with.

"'ello, this might help, never tried it before"
He says, trying to accelerate the body's processing of the gassy irritants.

Assuming the new ability is allowed, I'll change it if it isn't

edit: Even if it does work, it could be quite unpleasant, if it doesn't just accelerate the metabolism, but the entire experience, effectively leaving her trapped in place for the duration of the effect (her time, anyway)

Batpope Scott
2014-12-06, 07:41 PM
Nightwatcher hisses at the shouting and gas, turning to the surrendering man and grabbing him by the collar she harshly hisses out a single word. "Away."

She flies over to the group gathering about the girl and tilts her head to the side not unlike a dog as she inspects the interaction taking place.

"Leave. Danger." The girl speaks in a monotone, though the softness of her voice doesn't hide the urgency.

The_Admiral
2014-12-06, 07:45 PM
Having dragged the unconcious thugs out from the gas he stopped near the group, saying, "Yeah, I agree, the sirens are a sign for us to vacate the premises, anyone need a lift to the next roof?"

HopeHubris
2014-12-06, 08:00 PM
"You don't look very flight-y, how'd you go about gettin' all these people up there? I think I'll walk, but I can buy you guys some time to do your thing"

Max shift his attention towards the police, slowing any that come without 250 feet

"You probably have twice as much time now, LEAVE away"
He says, doing his best impersonation of the hissing... thing?

DoctorFaust
2014-12-06, 09:33 PM
Claire reaches down, giving the woman a hand up. "Thanks for the compliment, but alas, I'm no officer," he says, laughing a little. "Just a humble citizen in a motorcycle helmet."

After the other man does something to the police cars, and to Hannah, Claire rounds on Richard. "But why the hell did you throw the bag in my car? I'm going to have a hell of a time explaining that to my bosses, even if the police don't impound it."

The_Admiral
2014-12-07, 03:06 AM
"Sorry dude, it was all I could think off on the spur of the moment," he replies sheepishly.

"I don't fly, I just jump very far, anyone need a lift?"

Drakeburn
2014-12-07, 10:40 PM
Hannah

The burning sensation from your nostrils and the stinging in your eyes start to feel better, but you can't help but to feel a tingling sensation throughout your body. You could feel the tingling at one of your fingertips, then at one of your toes, and then to another fingertip, and so on and so forth.

Claire's Van

At first the colorful gas fills whole inside of the van, then it begins to slowly fade away, although the odor doesn't go away.

Silent_p
2014-12-08, 07:17 AM
As the man helps her to her feet, Hannah notices several things. One, there are sirens blaring not too far away. Two, the effects of the gas are wearing off and her eyes are no longer watering so badly. Three, and most immediately, she feels pretty weird and more than a little sluggish. It's something like having blood flow return to a previously numb limb and it spreads over her extremities.

Her gaze takes in more of the surroundings, the odd collection of people and the carnage as things become clearer. I was caught in a shootout. Her heartbeat quickens. What the hell is happening?!

HopeHubris
2014-12-08, 07:42 AM
"So, uh, we gonna get out of here, or just stand around? I should probably be the last to leave, keep the slowing effect going, and I can get around pretty fast"

The_Admiral
2014-12-08, 07:48 AM
"Okay, who wants to get to that other roof first? Hop on." Richard then says, extending his arms.

As soon as someone volunteers to get on, he runs to the window, leaping onto the next roof, placing the volunteer down and proceeding to leap and run back to his original position.

I don't think I need to make rolls with my leaping, speed and strength ranks

DoctorFaust
2014-12-08, 09:36 AM
"I can fly, so I'm good. Anybody else need a lift?" Claire clicks his heels together and begins hovering a few inches above the ground. "Because we probably should get a move on."

Silent_p
2014-12-10, 07:38 AM
Listening to those around her speak does little to calm Hannah. She runs still tingling fingertips carefully across her eyes to clear them some more. Taking in the scene again, she takes an involuntary step back. "What the hell's going on? Who are you people?!"

Her heartbeat is still high and her voice cracks as she speaks.

HopeHubris
2014-12-10, 07:42 AM
"Chrono, time controlling superhero extraordinaire, and what's going on appears to be me and the other super-people dealing with a shoot-out of some description. Who are you?"

Silent_p
2014-12-11, 07:32 AM
Hannah's eyebrows shoot up. "Time controlling... What are you waiting for, then?! Go back, stop all this!" She waves her hands around, trying to encompass as much of the carnage as she can.

HopeHubris
2014-12-11, 07:34 AM
"I wish"
Chrono says, laughing
"But, nah, haven't got quite that much power, I can kinda just slow stuff down or speed it up, nothing quite as drastic as proper time travel, at least, not yet"

Silent_p
2014-12-11, 07:54 AM
Hannah's incredulous look quickly turns into a glare directed at Chrono. She opens her mouth to speak but appears to think better of it. She turns and starts walking toward the exit.

HopeHubris
2014-12-11, 08:08 AM
"Don't want to go with the leapy guy? Wait, do you even have powers? 'cause I'd feel pretty silly if I focused on taking down the bad guys while there were still innocent defenceless bystanders around"
He says, sticking his tongue out at her when she glares at him