PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Eberron Prices

Zombimode
2014-11-17, 03:57 PM
According to the ECS traveling aboard the Lightning Rail costs 5 sp per mile.
That may not seem much, but it adds up. From the distance between Sterngate and Sharn is about 2250 miles, amounting to a ticket price of 1125 gp! Per person.

That seems a bit excessive.

To my fellow Eberron DMs: do you use the prices listed in the ECS or do you make up your own?

Kelb_Panthera
2014-11-17, 04:08 PM
According to the ECS traveling aboard the Lightning Rail costs 5 sp per mile.
That may not seem much, but it adds up. From the distance between Sterngate and Sharn is about 2250 miles, amounting to a ticket price of 1125 gp! Per person.

That seems a bit excessive.

To my fellow Eberron DMs: do you use the prices listed in the ECS or do you make up your own?

That does seem a bit much but not overly excessive. 2250 miles is a helluva long way. That's the same as from indianapolis to san francisco.

Fax Celestis
2014-11-17, 04:55 PM
Don't Lyrandari and Cannith agents travel for free though?

phlidwsn
2014-11-17, 08:33 PM
There was a post at some point from Keith Baker that the distances for the maps got greatly increased at some point during editing, and that things made more sense if you divided everything by a given number, ten I think.

See this post (http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?737018-Eberron-5e-Should-Eberron-retcon-its-map-scale-or-population-numbers) for more info.

Sadly, the original post as far as I can tell died with the forum it was on.

atemu1234
2014-11-17, 11:29 PM
Nah, seems fair to me. PCs can survive the walk, common folk don't need to go and wealth among the rich would be cyclical anyway.