PDA

View Full Version : Help me pick feats :)

ngilop
2014-11-18, 03:52 AM
My idea is a more front line combat rogue

my class path is going to be at least the first 8 levels (where R= rogue and W=Warblade)

R
R
W
R
W
R
R
W

and prob an even mix between the two afterards

I plan on being at the fore front and placing my skills into undoing traps and general awareness rather than the usual rogue stuff of sneaking. I want to hit hard and get outta dodge before they can retaliate. if you have ever played any MMORPGs, like dark age of Camelot, Everquest, or World or Warcraft I want to be represneative of that style of rogue, not so much the D&D version of theif who bavkstabs and sneaks a lot.

my feats so far are improved initiative and two-weapon fighting. Just looking for my next 3 or so feats and what general direction those feats should be in.

nothing tippy-fied powerful but a bit better than sword and board fighter.

Venger
2014-11-18, 04:00 AM
what kind of maneuvers are you taking? what's your warblade focus gonna be? lots of tiger claw to focus on TWF with precision damage? if you want a skulk, a straight swordsage (with maybe a factotum or incarnate dip) might serve you better if all you wanna do is sneak around, TWF and do precision damage and trapspring. warblade's skills don't synergize that well with what you seem to want to do

Shadowquad
2014-11-18, 04:07 AM
If you're not definitely set on that level order, I would recommend to take at least 4 levels of rogue before the first level of warblade; that would allow you to take 2 level maneuvers at your first warblade level. At least you could do Rogue 2 Warblade 2, so that your second warblade level would grant you 2 level maneuvers.

If you're not interested in sneaking, I would also recommend the martial rogue variant of unearthed arcana, which allows you to trade sneak attack dice for fighter feats.

ben-zayb
2014-11-18, 04:56 AM
If you are into THAT kind of Rogue, why not just be a Swashbuckler / Warblade? At least, that's what I think of WoW's combat Rogue. If you insist on using the Rogue class, I think using Improved Feint and Craven feats also reflect the fluff of combat rogue in WoW, using misdirection and guile instead of outright sneakiness.

OldTrees1
2014-11-18, 05:15 AM
my class path is going to be at least the first 8 levels (where R= rogue and W=Warblade)

R
R
W
R
W
R
R
W

Strange order for picking up maneuvers. You would be getting 3 1st, 1 2nd and 1 3rd level maneuver instead of 4 2nd and 1 3rd level maneuver.

As for feats:
Weapon Finesse & Staggering Strike followed by Craven and Improved Two Weapon Fighting(only if you can't buy Gloves of the Balanced Hand).

Staggering Strike is a nice debuff applied per hit opponent(provided you can sneak attack them via flanking or something).
Craven adds damage.
Gloves of the Balanced Hand grant Two Weapon Fighting or Improved Two Weapon Fighting if you already have TWF.

ngilop
2014-11-18, 09:40 AM
I like staggering strike awesome!

yeah I know that that my leveling order is a bit odd, but I have a reason for the particular order ( evasion for 2nd level, etc)

(Un)Inspired
2014-11-18, 11:31 AM
Have you thought about maybe going Factotum 3/Rogue 1/ Warblade 16 with Able Learner and Craven?

This gives you great skills, let's you add your int to all the good things in life, huge precision damage, and 9th level maneuvers.