PDA

View Full Version : Smite favored enemy?

kulosle
2014-11-18, 04:31 AM
I swear there was a feat or an item or a spell or something that gave you bonuses when you used smite against your favored enemy. I'm not entirely certain if it was 3.5 (which is what i normally play). Has anyone heard of something that does anything like this? even 3rd party or homebrew, although i'm almost certain it wasn't a homebrew.

Curmudgeon
2014-11-18, 06:37 AM
Smite Enemy is a 9th-level ability of the Shadow Scout prestige class (Oriental Adventures, pages 44-45). Other than that PrC, I don't think there's a way to smite a favored enemy.

supermonkeyjoe
2014-11-18, 07:56 AM
Devoted Tracker from complete adventurer would have been my guess but that just allows mount and animal companion to be combined and for smite evil to increase damage with ranger levels as well as paladin levels.

Darrin
2014-11-18, 08:08 AM
Other than that PrC, I don't think there's a way to smite a favored enemy.

Strength of Conviction (Exemplars of Evil) lets you convert Smite Good/Evil into Smite Anything 1/day. Favored Enemy is a subset of Anything.

Curmudgeon
2014-11-18, 08:17 AM
Favored Enemy is a subset of Anything.
Sure, it's a subset. However, Favored Enemy doesn't require the Ranger's awareness. Having to pick a target with Strength of Conviction doesn't mean you'll have chosen a Favored Enemy.

Runeclaw
2014-11-20, 07:15 PM
If your favored enemy is evil (or whatever alignment you're smiting), it should be no problem. And if it isn't, why are you smiting it? (And for that matter, why do you hate it so?)

Venger
2014-11-20, 08:53 PM
If your favored enemy is evil (or whatever alignment you're smiting), it should be no problem. And if it isn't, why are you smiting it? (And for that matter, why do you hate it so?)

Rangers can be evil too. Maybe he wanted to take advantage of murderous intent, which is stupidly a [Vile] feat for no reason.