PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to turn the plane of water into the plane of holy water..

animewatcha
2014-11-18, 10:35 AM
Pretty much title. This idea came upon me when someone posted killed evil with like 30 x 25 lb things of holy water from a bag of holding ( pretty much LOTS of damage ). Idea I had was turning the plane of water into the plane of holy water and using it to drown <insert evil plane here> like the abyss.

Kelb_Panthera
2014-11-18, 10:42 AM
Pretty much title. This idea came upon me when someone posted killed evil with like 30 x 25 lb things of holy water from a bag of holding ( pretty much LOTS of damage ). Idea I had was turning the plane of water into the plane of holy water and using it to drown <insert evil plane here> like the abyss.

According to Manual of the Planes there is some precedent for whole layers of one plane being moved to another under extremely extraordinary circumstances. Such occurances are rare in the extreme because they require huge shifts in the nature of the plane itself or its denizens; e.g. when the lowest layer of arcadia was overrun by formians and slid into mechanus.

In short, it's technically possible but you're almost certainly not going to do it deliberately or by yourself.

Bad Wolf
2014-11-18, 11:17 AM
Epic Spellcasting,? I'm sure you can find a way to merge two planes. Or if youre not epic level, go onto the Positive Energy Plane, and open a gate to the Elemental Plane of Water. Ridiculous amounts of water would flow into the Pos. plane. There's no rules for this, but I'd say it turns into holy water.

SimonMoon6
2014-11-18, 11:23 AM
I was reading the description of the spell Bless Water and I saw:

Target:
Flask of water touched

So, I was like, "Okay, all you have to do is create a flask around the entire plane of water and then touch that flask." But then I read on:

This transmutation imbues a flask (1 pint) of water with positive energy, turning it into holy water.

So, there's your problem. Now, a pint is a unit of volume, not mass, so theoretically, if you could compress the entire plane of water into a single pint, then you could do this, and then change the pint back into the plane.

hewhosaysfish
2014-11-18, 11:51 AM
It's not quite answering the question you asked but check out the first sentence of the description of Celestia in the DMG (pg164):

The single sacred mountain of Celestia rises from an infinite sea of holy water to incomprehensible heights.

Infinite sea of holy water?

Just hope that the Abyss doesn't retaliate by pouring the waters of Lethe into the Upper Planes...

Mcdt2
2014-11-19, 01:07 PM
Epic Spellcasting,? I'm sure you can find a way to merge two planes. Or if youre not epic level, go onto the Positive Energy Plane, and open a gate to the Elemental Plane of Water. Ridiculous amounts of water would flow into the Pos. plane. There's no rules for this, but I'd say it turns into holy water.

Hardly. There's already a known event which occurs at the border of the Planes of Water and Positive Energy - they merge into the Quasi-Elemental Plane of Steam. Presumably any breaches between the two planes (be they natural or created intentionally) would cause a similar effect.

Milodiah
2014-11-19, 04:50 PM
I've always wondered if there's an upper limit to how much water can be blessed at once in the real world. I mean, if the Pope walks up to the Pacific Ocean and says "Yup, this is holy water now" then is it cool? Or is there some scripture somewhere that specifies "no, you can't bless like fifty gallons at a time, it's bowl by bowl dude"?