PDA

View Full Version : Swallow whole character build help

Rubberband_Man
2014-11-18, 11:45 AM
Hey everybody,

So im playing in a tomb of horrors inspired game soon and im making some characters.
I began creating some characters when I decided to recreate one of my favorite characters of all time - mr. Pokeylope.

In his original incarnation, mr. Pokeylope was a level 10 gestalt character with 5 LA. He was base race tortle, with half black dragon and half aquatic ogre (or merrow) with levels in fighter, barbarian, and Warhulk. Imagine a giant mossy green bowser with black dragon horns. But the best part of mr. Pokeylope was his eating habits. He had taken the eat anything feat, and combined with my black dragon heritage, I was basically allowed to eat pretty much anything. On one particular occasion I was even caught eating the thousand year old skeleton of a great ancient hero.

So here's my challenge to you folks; I want to recreate this character for this game, but im under some stricter rules. I have persuaded my dm to allow me to take swallow whole as a level 1 homebrew feat. Other feats I want for this build are gape of the serpent, eat anything, and really eat anything. I have 15 levels, 2 of which can be bought off with LA

Some ideas I had were a dragonfire adept build, but that's hardly worth taking unless you get fivefold breath of tiamat which you dont get til level 15 meaning no LA.
I was also considering a grappler build, but those are difficult and I dont know a lot about them but it might allow for a few level adjustments and make swallow whole usable.

I know a swallower build is not particularly optimizable, but I dont expect him to live long anyway. Id like to just get a few laughs out of it while he lasts. Lemme see what you guys got!