PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Trying out the 5e dmg race exerpt.

Rfkannen
2014-11-18, 04:28 PM
Okay so I read the 5e dmg exerpt about creating races, and I thought I may as well try to use it to create a race.
So here was my reasoning.

So I want to make a goblin player race similar to the traditional folk. Hopefully very good warlocks and rogues.
So bassically, good rogues/warlocks
as gnomes are to halfling these are to goblins

Since goblins in the mm arent that complex it would probably be a good idea to start with the gnome
Since they are tied to the fey lets replace their int with charisma. Since we are not going to have subraces lets also increase int by 1. Languages would of course be changed to goblin, and probably sylvan.
Since goblins are usualy given some sort of magical power we will grant them spellcasting like, minor illusion at level one. and then at level 3 they get disguise self. And at level 5 they get invisibility. Each using charisma, and all but the cantrip only once per day. That will replace gnome cunning.
And then just to replace some subrace traits lets give them training in stealth and performance.

So you get

http://www.terminally-incoherent.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/fey-goblins.png

Fey Goblin Traits
ability score increase. Your charisma score increases by 2. Your dexterity increases by 1.
Age. Fey goblins are born adults and never age
alignment. Fey goblins are natural chaotic
size. You are short, you are medium
speed. Your speed is 30 feet.
Darvision. Darkvision
Fey tricks. You know the minor illusion cantrip. Once per day when you reach 3rd level you can cast disguise a spell as a second level spell. Once you reach 5th level, you can cast the invisibility spell once per day. Chaisma is your casting stat for these spells.
Tricky little bugger. You are trained in stealth and performance.

How do think I did? What do you think of the exerpt?

Ralcos
2014-11-20, 12:35 PM
The Fey Goblin is actually pretty interesting.
My opinion on the excerpt: awesome beyond recognition.

Anyhow, I wanted to do something like this so I'll take this as a chance to build something as those rules suggest.

SUBRACE for the Elf Race. This is an option for Elf player characters.

http://goblinminimart.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/ChaosWarrior1.jpg?1d22d2

Follow me, my Children, and the glory of victory shall be yours. We shall cleanse ourselves in the crimson waters of our enemy. We shall bring the ecstasy of quick release to those who stand before us. We shall give bloody praise to the Lord of Pleasure and sing his name as we dance across the fallen. Follow me, my Children, and you shall taste the undreamt joys that lie beyond the bounds of mortal sense.

Ability Score Increase. Your Constitution score increases by 1.
Weapons of War. You are proficient in 3 martial weapons of your choice. You are also proficient in light and medium armor.
Resiliance of the Tribes. You have Advantage on Saving Throws against poison, and you have Resistance against Poison damage.
Toughness of Chaos. Your Hit Point maximum increases by 1, and it increases by 1 every time you gain a level.

Basically, an Elf with Dwarven traits. :elan:
Anywho, that's my "experiment" on the DMG rules.