PDA

View Full Version : Manor of Madness

AlanBruce
2014-11-18, 05:01 PM
@Alex: It is a a sting that brings you back from the Heavens as you look around drowsily and try to get up, but your hands and feet are manacled to a cold rusty operating table.

Your armor isn't on you. Your scythe is nowehere in sight, and as the light fixtures above blind you, your eyes stop blurring as you see a hooded figure with large claws speaking to a shorter shadow.

He is delivered, as promised.

Yessssss! Oh, very, very good ssssspecimen! You have done well, Klausssss. In fact, you wouldn't want to p..p..participate in an experiment of my own????

The hooded clawed figure walks towards a wooden door and opens it.

So long, freak. I have no more business to conduct with you.

The door slams shut behind him as the shadow walks up to you and you can hear slithering sounds on the floor as a lone hand made of scalpel fingers scrape the table inches away from your leg.

"Massster Hathway has provided me with a bountiful resource. Yesssss. What isssss your name?"

Chimaera
2014-11-18, 05:12 PM
"Who the hell are you? And what you're up to", Alex ask the man in frontof him ignoring the fact that he's the captive, not the other way around.

AlanBruce
2014-11-18, 05:59 PM
@Alex: You turn your head around and watch green sickening light emanate from various grimy test tubes filled with strange liquids that connect to tubes attached to your arms and chest.

Once the hooded figure is gone, the scalpel handed man gets in closer and you can see he wears an old white ceramic featureless mask. This one has been cracked over the years.

His tunic is partially ripped and you vcan see that this thing is not even human.

His arms, long and sinewy, are composed of different grafts, taken from various animals abnd creatures, but the metal holding each part together has formed gangrenous clots, giving his limbs a grey color.

His left shoulder is a large tumor with tiny tendrils and parrot beaks that chirp silently and with draw and expand at will.

beneath his tunic, tendrils seem to move. Whatever this creature is, it doesn't look natural at all.

With a hissing voice, the white cracked mask examines you less than an inch from your face.

"Hehehehehehe…. ahh yesssss. My procedure was a successsss! The reagents in my formula have bred t…t..true! No longer would we require the assssistance of d…d…ddivine magic! As to who am I?"

the creature slithers a few feet back , leaving a trail of slime in his wake.

"I am Doctor C..C..Cutter! The finesssst mind in Halmathan! And you are now my sssspecimen!"

Chimaera
2014-11-18, 07:02 PM
"What the fu..? What the hell happened to your face? Are you even... human? I've seen ugly people, but you took it to a whole new level", Alex say as his stomach seems to be moving due that disgusting creature in front of him.

"And what you mean by specimen?", he looks at the tubes, "What these things are doing?"

AlanBruce
2014-11-18, 08:23 PM
@Alex: Cutter writhes along towards the opopiste side of the dim lit lab as he picks up a jar with green liquid floating inside and you can see a woman's head floating inside, with her eyes closed.

The masked monster places the jug on a small table next to you and taps the side with his scalpel as the eyes open and the woman's head, submerged in alchemical fluids, begins kissing the glass, much like a fish.

"She ssssaid the ssssame thing. Oh, Ansssselma… the fun we would have had. I am living p…p..proof that the Ssssschool of Trabnsmutation is the fiessst there is! I have evolved beyond a m..m..mere human! Thossse fools at R..r..rr..unestone! I shall be vindicated! And with Lord Hathway and the Sssavior, it will ssssoon come to pass!"

Cutter slides around the opearting table as he fixes his old ceramic mask in place and points with a scalpel hand at the tubes in your body.

"My own formula. Devisssed in ex..ex…exile! Hehehehehheee…a wish in a bottle…Hahahahhahhahaa! They are keeping you alive. A dead b..b..brain is of no use to me. Not if I want to perfect Adam."

Cutter slithers towards the door and turns to look at you as the floating head in the jar licks the insides of her tank.

"You two can k…k..keep yourssself some company. I shall return…shortly."

And so, with a loud slam, Cutter leaves you tied in gods know where, surrounded by alchemical odors, tubes, and a floating, kissing head in a jar.

Chimaera
2014-11-18, 08:30 PM
Really disgusted at the severed head in a jar, Alex try to bring her attention.

"Hey you! Anselma, right? Can you understand me or speak?"

He then wait a couple minutes trying to think how to escape.

how is Alex doing? Hp wise and spell wise

AlanBruce
2014-11-18, 08:44 PM
@Alex: You turn your head sideways and address Anselma as the head looks at you, winks and grits her teeth as a pair of entrails eject from the stump where her neck is and these wiggle out of the jar, allowing the head to peek outside.

Vomiting a batch of alchemical water as she opens her mouth, the head speaks in a gurgling voice.

"I can hear you, handsome! Isn't this place heavenly?"

Chimaera
2014-11-18, 09:07 PM
That's was the last drop.
Alex's breakfast run to his throat and he force himself to close his mouth and send it back from where it came, leaving a bad taste in his mouth.

"I would disagree with this place being heavenly. In fact there are some places I should go now but before I go...", he look at the several straps holding him and at the strange tubes connected to his body, "Do you know if it's safe to remove those? They're kind of itching..."

As easy as I shpould be to turn himself into a bear and rip his bindings or turning into an eel and slip away, he was uneasy with the fact that maybe his life depended on... whatever this liquid is.

AlanBruce
2014-11-18, 09:12 PM
@Alex: Anselma's head grits the jar edge with her teeth and the intestines, acting like small tentacles, porpel her out of the jar and with a wet squelch, lands on your chest as she looks at you sideways.

"You want to be free? Hehehehhehee! I heard Cutter talking while you slept. You're a druid, no? That really got him all worked up!"

Anselmas head slithers around your chest as she checks the straps.

"I can help you get off this bed, but first, you must swear you get me back to my house. I do have a house, you know? I wasn't always… a crawling head. I had a body. A beautiful body. Now I am only a beautiful face! Grabted, Cutter has told me he'll build me a better body, but I miss my first one!"

Chimaera
2014-11-18, 09:14 PM
"Free me and I'll make sure you'll escape this nightmarish place. How you ended here? Are there others...", he pauses thinking in how to say that, "Specimens here?"

AlanBruce
2014-11-18, 09:35 PM
@Alex: Anselma smiles as she slithers along your chest and bites at the leather straps.

"I was taken by a dark elf maiden…"

Anselma wraps her intestinal tendrils around you to make pressure and releases one of the straps as she squiggles along your chest to the other side.

"She killed my friends and ladies in waiting before knocking me out. Quite the warrior too. Rocco and the rest never stood a chance. And I know father kept guards keeping an eye on me on the roofs- those were slain as well."

Anselma struggles with the last strap and releases you, allowing your upper body to get up and untie yourself, causing Anselma's head to roll onto the ground.

"Cutter has many specimens scattered around his house. That I know. I was young then, but the tales abound- dozens, if not hundreds of men and women lured to his house and exposed to vile experiments. He always fancied me, but I found the man repulsive. I suppose after the tenth letter denouncing his love, he must've taken a clue. Now, after years of supposed exile, Cutter has returned, and who knows what he will do to the city. I just want my body back!"

You watch anselma's head slithering slowly on the ground as you unstrap your legs and stretch your legs, removing the tubes connected to your body, which release an alchemical green yellowish fluid.

The room isn't that big. If this is Cutter's house, this must only be one of many labs…

Who knows what awaits you here and whether you can even reach your friends.

That's when your eyes catch on to a rusty old two handed sword covered in grime and dust hanging on the wall.

Below it, you find some old documents.

The subjects have become far more difficult to control that I had originally hypothesized. A few have adapted and developed means to escape confinement. This should put a tremendous dent in my research, however, it comes as Providence: field tests. I watched test subject 0049 take down a drunkard late after curfew hours in the alleys. Impressive. The creature's methods of stalking its prey retain some of its former abilities. An imprint on the new body structure. Its victim had barely a chance to react before the subject was upon him. Although I find their eating habits gruesome, to say the least, it should be noted that they are most efficient. Perhaps I should even consider offering them as potential replacements for the city guard?

Food for thought.

Anselma squirts water on your leg, calling attention to you.

"I do need my jar to survive. And you need me to get out."

Chimaera
2014-11-18, 10:02 PM
Alex watch the thing roll on the ground and get down to grab her.

She saved him, so he should at least repay her. The fact she have a pretty face weirdly dont trigger any of his normal chivalrous manners.

Once he grab her by where the neck was supposed to be, he moves and put her in her jar.

"Thank you, Anselma. I'll save both of us from this place".

He then go to the sword and grip it.
Isnt his loyal starmetal scythe, but will do the job.

He then pocket the notes and look around for an exit.

AlanBruce
2014-11-18, 10:06 PM
@Alex: You grip the sword and holkd Anselma's jar with your other arm as you peek past the door.

This is a short hallway. To your immediate right, you can see what looks like one of those fancy boxes used at the Royal Mare. However, this one is shut tight and you can feel its metal door cold to the touch.

To the side, you can see a panel with three round indentations.

Above the great metal box, a sign.

Culture Room Alpha- Authorized Personnel Only

It doesn't seem that you will be able to pry this giant metal box easily.

However, that is the right end of the hallway.

To your left, the hallway extenmds at least fifty feet and ends in staircase.

Before the staircase, you can see two wooden doors, one on each side of the hallway.

Chimaera
2014-11-18, 10:14 PM
"May the gods of Oerth protect us...", Alex say as he cast a few spels on himself.

Heart of Water
Heart of Air
Barkskin

He then move towards the stairway and listen at each door separately.

Moving as silently as he can: [roll0]
Listen on door at my right: [roll1]
Listen on door at my left: [roll2]

AlanBruce
2014-11-18, 10:33 PM
@Alex: You decide to explore the stairs leading up from this lab and stop to try and hear whatever may be on the other side of these doors.

One has no sound coming from it.

The other, however, has a pair of male voices.

Fish!

No… you go fish!

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=92955)

Chimaera
2014-11-18, 10:43 PM
After hearing the voices comign from the second door, Alex decides to investigate it.

"Maybe there are ommre prisoners here...", he thinks as he open the door, but not before putting the head-in-a-jar safely on the floor, away from the door.

[roll0]

AlanBruce
2014-11-18, 10:52 PM
@Alex: You cast a few spells on yourself and place SAnselma on the ground away from the door and open it with a loud kick.

The guards are dressed like the Royal Guards in halmathan, but there is something awfully wrong with them.

To begin with, they aren't playing cards. There are no cards on the old cobweb filled table at all.

These men are just mimicking the action of playing cards.

Then, they turn to look at you and you can see their eyes are crimson and their expressions twisted into a feral state as they begin to bleed from their eyes and get up, blade in hand.

"Fish!"

"No… you go fish!"

As both rush you with longsowrd in hand, one of them gets close enough to cut your abdomen.

10 damage

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=92957)

Guards x2
Alex

Chimaera
2014-11-18, 11:04 PM
SInce hte guards dont seems to be as talkative and harmless as the girl head, he slash at the one who manage to hit and then take a step back.

1st [roll0] dmg [roll1]
2nd [roll2] dmg [roll3]
3rd [roll4] dmg [roll5]

AlanBruce
2014-11-18, 11:13 PM
@Alex: A serious cut, but you've had worse.

No longer proficient with the greatsword as was your days back as a paladin, you nonetheless strike one of the guards twice, cutting in deep.

These guys don't even seem to feel pain as you back a few steps.

Their blood smells like chemicals as a few tendrils can be seen from the soldier's open wounds which recede into his body.

"Go Fish!"

The guard moves in closer and strikes twice.

The first cut leaves a mark on your arm.

7 damage

The second cut is placed expertly on your nude leg.

12 damage

"No, you go fish!"

The second guard moves in and strikes way too close to an artery.

19 damage

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=92959)

Guards x2
Alex

Chimaera
2014-11-18, 11:17 PM
After fighting so much stronger enemies, Alex try to ignore the cuts from these derranged soldiers.
He once again strike at him thrice before moving away, trying his best to not get surrounded.

[roll0] dmg [roll1]
[roll2] dmg [roll3]
[roll4] dmg [roll5]

AlanBruce
2014-11-18, 11:26 PM
@Alex: You breathe in as you roar and cut the guard down as this one falls on his knees, blood guzzling from his eyes and drops to the ground as it twitches involuntarily.

The other guard ignores his fallen comrade and moves.

"No, you go fish!"

And he cuts you once.

6 damage

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=92961)

Chimaera
2014-11-19, 08:30 AM
One less... Thing to take care.

Alex step away from the guard corpse and hack and slash at the suriving one.

1st [roll0] dmg [roll1]
2nd [roll2] dmg [roll3]
3rd [roll4] dmg [roll5]

AlanBruce
2014-11-19, 04:54 PM
@Alex: You swing that blade, but are only able to strike at the feral guard once.

He, however, having the advantage of armor and a better sword and training, strikes twice.

22 damage total

Chimaera
2014-11-19, 05:06 PM
Alex was about to take a step back, but stop so he avoid stepping in the jar.

Standing his feet, he slash at the creature thrice, hoping this time he would bypass his armor and put an end to this strange creature.

1st [roll0] dmg [roll1]
2nd [roll2] dmg [roll3]
3rd [roll4] dmg [roll5]

Chimaera
2014-11-19, 05:13 PM
Crit confirmation!
3rd: [roll0]

AlanBruce
2014-11-19, 05:28 PM
@Alex: Finally, after a quite uneven fight, being unarmored, the sioldier falls on his knees as blood gushes from his eyes and his many wounds show tiny tendrls that recede into the body as the soldier smokes from his ears, nose and mouth and falls dead headfirst on the stone floor.

The guards are dead. All they carry are platemail armor, masterwork longswords and masterwork crossbows, each with ten bolts to spare.

One of them carries a regular backpack.

But where to go from here?

Chimaera
2014-11-19, 05:44 PM
Having finished killing those aberrant guards, Alex grabs the backpack and take Anselma from the floor.

"Are you ok? Do you think you and your jar can fit the backpack?", he then put one crossbow on the backpack along with all bolts. Just for caution, right?

He then examine the room the guards were, looking for keys or any notes around.

Search [roll0]

AlanBruce
2014-11-19, 06:03 PM
@Alex: You walk into the room where the guards came from, but cannot find anything out of the ordinary.

A few caskets of ruined wine lie stacked to the side, the scent of vinegar smelling up the room.

The table where the guards were playing cards bears claw marks, not done by the guards themselves.

These same claw marks can be seen along the stone walls and disappear in a small vent in the ceiling.

Anselma swims around her jar as you place her in the bag.

"I'll be fine. Just don't slosh me around too much."

Chimaera
2014-11-19, 06:22 PM
Not wanting to try to check the small vent, Alex decide to check on the other door.
The silent one.

AlanBruce
2014-11-19, 06:31 PM
@Alex: You open the other door warily and look around.

This room has been invaded by some strange flowers. You have seen plenty of plants and flowers in your travels, but these are unlike anything you have seen before.

Gren and purple and blue in color, with tiny pieces of quartz growin at the center, the flowers move to face you as you step in and you can see the skeleton of a man half submerged under the plant growth.

A table, covered in these strange plants and flowers contains a document.

Success! I have managed to unravel the properties of Halmathan's Park. It would seem that the ancient battle was initially waged there. The residual magical properties lie dormant now, but after years of careful research, I have managed to create a catalyst to uncover its properties. It siphons energy from any and all sources of magic. To think that I used only a handful of dirt. It is a living organism. Of this, I have no doubt. Dormant, but hungry. Hungry for magic. By now, Crowell and the rest must be privy to my work. I have taken a subject by the name of Stanley- an abjurer under Griswold's care. It was difficult to lure him all the way here, but it was well worth it! When under the catalyst, the organism awakens and is quick to devour all magic from the subject. This renders the target extremely weak. Once all power has been drained, it begins to consume body tissue. It took about an hour for the small patch to take down Stanley. I can only imagine what a lager landmass could do when the catalysts are implemented.

Chimaera
2014-11-19, 06:47 PM
"Holy ****!", Alex says as he watch the flowers after reading the document.

[roll0]

A gigantic park turning into a magic eater plant would endanger thousands of lives in the city.
If that maniac is hoping to awake such entitity...

He then carefully packs the document in the backpack along with the other he found in the first room and close the door but not before taking a quick last look at the skeleton for any forgotten trinket.

He will not endanger himself much to look for loot, just a quick look.
[roll1]

Once he leave the room and shut the door he breath deeply and go back to the room with the small vent and try to listen close to it, trying to hear if the vent eventually ends in the streets. he then break one leg of a chair to use as a club (you never know what may be lurking this lab).

[roll2]

Once both rooms were cleared, he move towards the stairs, trying to be silent.

[roll3]

AlanBruce
2014-11-19, 07:42 PM
@Alex: You look at the skeleton covered in these strange flowers.

No known plant in the natural world produces flowers of this kind. This is something utterly unnatural.

And if they somehow grow beneath the Royal Park… that place is filled with druids.

You inspect the skeleton warily, but cannot find anything of use with him.

Going back to the room where the dead guards were playing make believe poker, you inspect the vents, but cannot hear anything.

Breaking a leg from the table, you ascend the stairs and leave this small dungeon.

The area ahead of you looks like a giant greenhouse, with an expensive glass ceiling decorated in floral motifs. A portion of the ceiling is cracked and reveals moonlight coming in, which sparkles on the glass shards on the ground.

Something either came in, or flew out.

However, that isn't what strales you most.

Rows and rows as tall as a giant. Rows of those plants being cultivated in the green house. The alien flowers follow your every step as you walk warily through them, and you can swear you hear footsteps on the other side of the green alien walls.

Then, you come across a fountain. On top of it, a tall angel stands with his hands extended. His face has been cut off with surgical precision, and on the flat surface of the face, a spiral has been drawn, studded with more of those tiny quartzes.

A plaque reads at the bottom of the statue as water is pumped from different tubes and irrigate this greenhouse.

One Lies dormant amongst the Sirens, Beautiful in their Design.

Another Reads Diligently. Ever focused Mind.

Yet Another Lies with the Custodians, Ever Prowling.

Find All three keys.

And New Life shall open to thee.

A single wooden door can be seen amidst a short flight of stairs past the fountain.

Chimaera
2014-11-19, 08:07 PM
Burning some of his cleric spells to heal:
Conserate [roll0]
Blade brothers [roll1]
Searing Light [roll2]

Alex watch the plants "staring" at him. Disturbing.
He then look at the opening in the glass ceiling and shake off the easy solution to fly as a hawk and away from this mad house. If he did so, he would probably abandon Anselma and there are several things he needed to find.

But why would that mad man leave a riddle for him to solve?
It seems... Suspicious. Almost as if he was being tested like some guinea pig (which sadly is kinda of true).

He eyes the deformed angel statue... What kind of creature is so vile to corrupt everything into madness.

"One Lies dormant amongst the Sirens, Beautiful in their Design.
Another Reads Diligently. Ever focused Mind.
Yet Another Lies with the Custodians, Ever Prowling.
Find All three keys.
And New Life shall open to thee, hmmmm...".

He then approach the fountain, broadsword in hand, and eyes inside it.

Spot?[roll3]
Search [roll4]

AlanBruce
2014-11-19, 10:12 PM
@Alex: You look at the strange statue as the flowers turn to look at you, with their quartz centers and take a mental note of this riddle.

What does it mean? Sirens. Custodians. Focused Mind…

Three keys. But for what?

And what is this about a new life?

There isn't, sadly, anything that can be taken here. There is, however, a door leading, hopefully, to the exit.

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=93214)

Chimaera
2014-11-20, 01:54 PM
Looking warily, Alex walks toward the door.
He could say for surr he heard steps somewhere..
Or was just this freaking place was leaving him paranoid?

AlanBruce
2014-11-20, 02:14 PM
@Alex: You look behind you as you pass the fountain and its cryptic riddle and you can swear you see a pair of shadows taking off into the sky through the broken glass roof as the moonlight shines on the alien flowers, which seem to whistle in a low tune.

You turn the door and walk inside.

This is a dining room. And a very expensive one, with a mahogany table and sevaral chairs tapestried with velvet.

A large double door can be seen to your left, and another medium size door to your right.

Then, you notice an antique grandfather clok against the wall, still in working condition.

A painting hangs next to the clock which depicts a pair of men dueling.

One has a rapier that has ran his opponent through the face.

The other wields a dagger and has run his opponent through the stomach.

A ghastly image and very vivid, as organs drip from the wounded duelist and an eye has been carefully painted in gory detail for the rapiered warrior.

A plaque reads below.

When the Dagger and the Rapier Time my careful Death, a new path shall open to thee.

Then, your attention goes to a large fireplace, behind the main chair in the table.

The fireplace is out, but you can see a wooden emblem- in the shape of a shield- with a serpent coiled around a golden tree.

The shield looks detachable, but not one to be used as defense.

Then,you look up.

There is a second floor above you, surrounded by a railing, much like a walkway.

Who knows what could be up there- and wherther there is a way up.

That's when the windows in the dining room light up by silent thunder and you get a better look at the dining room…

Leeches. leeches everywhere, oozing through the old white plates and tea cups.

Oozing through the expensive wall paper.

Oozing across your feet.

But where to go?

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=93301)

Chimaera
2014-11-20, 02:24 PM
Alex watche the several leeches crawling around and take a better look at them.

[roll0]

He move closer to the clock avoiding the leeches and look what time it is and then try to find any hidden details in the painting.

[roll1]

After done reading the hours, he move towards the fireplace and the shield.
He then moves to catch the shield to examine it closer.

AlanBruce
2014-11-20, 02:50 PM
@Alex: You avoid the leeches, seeing how you are barefoot, and look athe hours on the clock.

The small hand is pointing at two.

The large hand is pointing at six.

Nothing out of the ordinary can be assessed on the antique clock.

The leeches oozing over the fine dining table and rug are curious indeeed.

About the size of a rat each, which makes for a rather large leech, these creatures are not akin to ones found in swamps. even their movement seems rythmic and organized- almost as if they had purpose.

Then you remove the wooden shield and look at it, but it isn't the shield that bears anything interesting, but the indentation where you took it from.

Allow the Golden Sun to shine through this Hallowed Hall, and thou shalt be Helmed a true warrior

Chimaera
2014-11-20, 03:17 PM
Alex looks at the fireplace and crawl to look inside it.

Once he's done with that he walks toward the medium door and open it.

AlanBruce
2014-11-20, 03:36 PM
@Alex: You crawl into the fireplace and get a faceful of soot as your explore the inside of this grand chimney.

There is a cute leading up, as is the case with all fireplaces, but it tends to get narrower the higher up you would go.

Plus, the interior is also filled with those slimy leeches.

Then, finished with your inspection of the living room, you check the medium sized door.

It's unlocked.

This next room is a narrow hallway, very long.

A wooden door stands opposite you, just a few feet, if not less.

Further down the hallway to your right, you can see, amidst the few lanterns hanging on the walls, another one of those guards, but he doesn't seem to have noticed you yet, as he walks through slow paces and halts, then turns around and does some more rounds in the same area.

Past that guard, you can see light turning around the corner, and a painting at the end of the hallway.

Your other alternative is to take your direct path left, and investigate there.

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=93305)

Chimaera
2014-11-20, 03:59 PM
Alex look at the guard and open the door close to him, intent in hiding from the guard's view before he could saw him.

AlanBruce
2014-11-20, 05:16 PM
@Alex: You watch the guard down the hallway and reach for the door right across from you.

It's locked. And it appears to be locked from the other side.

Chimaera
2014-11-21, 04:19 PM
With the door locked, Alex decide to approach the guard slowly and swords in hand, ready to cut him in half at any sign of hostility of the guard.

Moving to him.
Ready action to chop him

[roll0]

AlanBruce
2014-11-21, 05:35 PM
@Alex: Not wearing armor may prove to be a blessing here, as you move in, almost crouched, as the dim lights of the lanterns flicker and cast ominous shadows against the dark green wall paper.

However, the soldier patrolling the area just ahead begins to convulse as gouts of blood flow from his eyes and every possible orifice and his mouth crack open revealing a long crimson tendril ended in a blade as it gurgles and looks in your direction. His hands drop the sword he was holding and clench as they seek to hold on to you as the monster starts walking in your direction.

"Do not litter!"

How did this…thing know you were even here?

The aberrant guard, with his scythe like head, now split to reveal this organic weapon, rushes at you and swings the bone blade around…

And misses.

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=93382)

Chimaera
2014-11-21, 09:52 PM
Another nightmare. One that Alex want to finish quickly.

He grip his sword and lament the fact his starmetal scythe wasnt with him: it would prove very useful aggainst these unnatural creatures. Alien even.

[roll0] dmg [roll1]
[roll2] dmg [roll3]
[roll4] dmg [roll5]

AlanBruce
2014-11-22, 04:58 AM
@Alex: The hideous flesh ripped soldier takes in a few sword slices, but this doesn't slow him as his hands hold you tight and his organic blade swings over head and lands on your shoulder as the wound sizles.

7 damage plus imp. grab DC 18

Chimaera
2014-11-22, 06:54 PM
[roll0] DC 18

Chimaera
2014-11-22, 06:57 PM
Alex grit his teeth under the bone blade attack and manage to avoid getting grappled.

He grip his sword and attack the creature, trying to remove it's head in the process.

[roll0] dmg [roll1]
[roll2] dmg [roll3]
[roll4] dmg [roll5]

AlanBruce
2014-11-22, 07:24 PM
@Alex: You wrestle out of the mosnter's grip and swing that sword at the organic tendril attached to a bone blade.

Alchemical smelling blood spills from the wound as the creature swings its nauseating tendril twice at you.

The bone blade scratches your chest and left shoulder, as the wounds fizzle.

20 damage total

Chimaera
2014-11-22, 08:15 PM
Not wanting to waste magic on the aberrant guard, Alex resume to his standart strategy: swing his weapons till the monsters stop moving.

[roll0] dmg [roll1]
[roll2] dmg [roll3]
[roll4] dmg [roll5]

AlanBruce
2014-11-24, 01:44 AM
@Alex: You bring down the sword once more and the aberrant guard spurts copious amountf blood as its bone bladed head, attached to red tendrils made of man flesh writhes in death thores and driops to the ground with a gurgling scream as quick steps can be heard scuttling above you, beyond the ceiling.

Then, the steps can be heard no more.

You inspect the door he was guarding.

Locked, and the doorknob bears the emblem of a shield.

Then, you inspect the end of the hallway.

Against the wall, and before going down a flight of stairs to a door with an etching of a sword on it, you see a portrait. Old and dusty and covered in cobwebs.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Pl-dDpVtSGA/TyYZvf3Y7KI/AAAAAAAABbg/rqXGBEHGw7c/s1600/west2.jpg

Dr. Aloyshus Cutter.

Master Transmuter, Halmathan's Answer

If the man on the protrait is the same that slithered around wearing a mask…one can only wonder.

What did Cutter do to himself? Who would transmute their bodies into something so horrific…so unnatural?

Chimaera
2014-11-25, 08:10 PM
After killing the twisted guard, Alex moves in to check his possessions (in case he have anything useful, like a key etc).

He then move toward the locked door and try to listen at it, see if he can get and idea of what's behind.

[roll0]

After listening he goes toward the shield room and try to open it.

AlanBruce
2014-11-25, 08:23 PM
@Alex: You rummage through the guard's possessions.

This guy has platemail and a longsowrd of fine make, plus a potion, stoppered tight, with the liquid still inside.

You then walk up to the Shield embossed door and try to listen for anything beyond it, but cannot hear a thing.

You try to force your way in, but the door is firmly shut.

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=93872)

Chimaera
2014-11-25, 08:27 PM
Pocketing the potion and the sword, Alex check the painting, looking for someone hidden behind or in the frame.

[roll0]

Once done with the painting, he move to the Sword Door and try to listen and open it.

[roll1]

AlanBruce
2014-11-25, 08:30 PM
@Alex: The painting seems completely normal.

You then head down the stairs and try and listen on the sword embossed door…

No sound either, it would seem this house is now devoid of enemies.

However, strong as you may be, it is impossible to force the door open.

Chimaera
2014-11-25, 08:33 PM
"Hmmm", out of four doors, three were closed to him.

He moves to the far off door in the corridor and, again, listen at it and try to force it open.

[roll0]

AlanBruce
2014-11-25, 08:45 PM
@Alex: These door need some other form to open. You could probably skip this whole nonsense if Archaidous were around to simply phase through…

But he isn't. You are all alone in this house- and unspeakably horrible monsters prowl every corner.

You straighten your backpack and pocket the potion as you head down the other end of the hallway.

An ornate wooden door greets you as you place your hand on it and turn the knob.

This one's unlocked, but you can hear flapping of wings beyond. As well as cawing.

You peek through and this room has an expensive purple carpet that leads down a narrow hallway. Light can be seen shinining at the end, with a few tall windows to your left, letting blue moonlight in.

A shadow is cast against the wall further down the hallway.

Humanoid.

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=93874)

Chimaera
2014-11-25, 09:33 PM
Alex grip his borrowed broad sword and approaches silently through the corridor.

Initiative [roll0]
Move Silently [roll1]

AlanBruce
2014-11-25, 09:51 PM
@Alex: Even without your armor, it is impossible not to make noise, as you walk down the carpeted hallway.

The shadow does not move, but you can hear and see a murder of crows.

These crows have apparently flown in from a small window up the flight of stairs, big enough for someone like Lysa.

Cutter has placed iron bars along the upper ceiling, perfect for the crows to roost.

Then, you look at the source of the shadow…

It's a man, or was a man. This poor soul lies dead at an odd angle- his body lying face up against the wall, with a lantern on the side, casting light for the shadow to look as if it is standing.

The man wears white garments, dirty and foul smelling. His entire body has been pecked to death- by the crows, most likely, staring with his eyes- now gone.

A myriad of papers are scattered on the ground near a desk.

One attracts your attention…very much so.

The file is old. very old, but that face...

http://nb9.stumbleupon.netdna-cdn.com/f9hnlS-xBHdBulbFEV4uSw

Subject Name: Melody Barthelby

Serial No.: M0-1

Code Name: K.A.R.A

Observations: Following the appareance of the Las Plagas Parasite, it has been suggested that key subjects should be taken from the highest and most pure blooded families in the city. She believes that pure genetic sample, undiluted and merged with the sample found in Karyllyn's Mine will produce a formidable subject for field testing.

Results have been… exceptional.

A new type of magic. She has been reluctant to name it yet, but I have decided to classify it as Incarnum. As a result of the process, the subject has lost her memories. It can be hypothesized that only the most powerful magic may be able to revert the process, something she has stated will not be necessary. As a result, I am sending K.A.R.A. to her facility.

I have enough royal specimens to deal with right here.

This is the very same Kara that has traveled with you for years…

What did Cutter do to your friend? And who is 'she'?

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=93886)

Chimaera
2014-11-26, 07:06 PM
Looking at the documents, Alex decide to poket it along the other proofs.
He eyes warily the corpse and come closer to it and take the lantern as well.

AlanBruce
2014-11-26, 09:32 PM
@Alex: as the crows watch you silently from their roosts above, you pocket the information and take the oil lantern as you ascend the starist to another wooden door, thankfully unlocked.

This next room is a long narrow corridor with a wooden door just a few feet oppiste you. The hallways is carpeted in crimson and the walls show an aged but lavish decorum, as steps can be heard down the hallway.

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=94104)

Chimaera
2014-11-26, 09:46 PM
Alex listen to the steps and decide to slide back and close the door.

He then rushes back to the room with several leeches and approaches the fireplace, taking the shield away and using the oil from the lantern to alight the place.

Chimaera
2014-11-26, 09:50 PM
Listen [roll0]

AlanBruce
2014-11-26, 10:19 PM
@Alex: rather than exploring this new hallway, you shut the door and rush back as fast as you can down the starirs as the crows caw and fly around as your bare feet nearly slip down the stairs, panicked as you are.

Passing the desk with the odd documents and the dead man, pecked to death, you breathe heaviuly as you reach the door that will lead you back to the dining room…

As soon as you open the door to the hallways with the locked doors, you begins running forward, when a black barbed tendril holds you by the throat.

Something has been skulking in the ceiling for awhile now. And now, it has decided to strike, as a portion of the ceiling- big enough for someone the size of Lysa, falls on the ground and a bald face, dark purple and grinning with teeth greets you from the darkness above.

The creatures holds on tight to your throat, preventing any verbal spell casting.

22 damage plus Imp. Grab DC 21, if failed to break free, Constrict for 9 damage

This dark creature has caught you… and it seems it can hit harder than the other aberrations fought here so far.

Being caught by this sneaky beast, the creatures lashes a second wiry tentacle at you as his body undulates into several figments, creating three more creatures on the ceiling as his arms squeeze hard.

25 damage plus Imp Grab DC 15 plus constrict 8 damage

This creature has both his hands around your neck and, despite being smaller than you, it is actually klifting you up from the ground.

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=94105)

Manor Stalker
Alex

Chimaera
2014-11-27, 11:44 AM
1st one: [roll0]
2nd [roll1]

I'm on work right now and cant see his bonus, so just add up the bonus after.

Edit: maanged to open his sheet on the cellphone.
His bonus is +14, so he managed to avoid both grapples

Chimaera
2014-12-01, 10:04 AM
Free from the creatures grasp, Alex swings his borrowed broadsword and give the monster a hard time.

1st [roll0] dmg [roll1]
2nd [roll2] dmg [roll3]
3rd [roll4] dmg [roll5]

Chimaera
2014-12-01, 10:06 AM
[roll0] extra dmg [roll1]

AlanBruce
2014-12-01, 10:33 AM
@Alex: You swing your borrowed blade at this nasty, hideous, bald tentacled critter moving on the ceiling of this mad manor.

The sword strikes twice, causing the revolting creature to screech in pain and withdraw its long barbed limbs as it scurries away through the ducts above.

The wounds are bad, but not too serious, as you examine your throat.

That fizzling sound on the wounds left on your skin can't be good, and with that creature gone, you know it will be following you during your trips around this house.

Pacing with a lot more caution, you head back to the dining room, filled with leech trails and observe the leeches slowly slithering to the top floor, the railing that certainly conects to another area.

The floor and table is still slimy, but at least no leeches down here.

You walk up to the fireplace and rub the flint and steel, attempting to light a fire. It takes several minutes, but in the end, a few lucky sparks land on the slime soaked wood and a fire starts.

You look at the wooden shield, but can see no changes whatsoever. The leeches aren't descending to the fireplace as it crackles and you move a chair to get closer and catch some warmth.

Body's feeling cold… vision blurry…

You open your eyes and find your self drooling with your head on the table.

At some point, you must've passed out, but how? And for how long?

The fire is long gone, the shield is still in place…

And a leech trails through your cheek, ever slowly, leaving a cold slimy trail across your face.

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=94638)

Chimaera
2014-12-01, 11:33 AM
Disgusted by the creature crawling in his face, Alex grab it throw it away.

He then check his wounds and possessions, taking Anselma's jar off.

"Anselma, how long Ive been here? Seems I passed out...".

AlanBruce
2014-12-01, 06:59 PM
@Alex: You flick the lone leech slithering up your cheek and check your wounds…

They are still there, but some have healed, leaving a green white scab.

Then, you take out Anselam's jar and place it on the table as the prganic tendrils cling to the sides of the jar as her head pops out of the water.

"Alex! You have been out for a few hours! What happened? I heard you walk, then some struggle..and then you slumped on the ground. I was in the backpack, but I heard something coming in through the door and placing you on this chair, then, it was gone."

Chimaera
2014-12-01, 08:34 PM
"The hell is going on...?", could it be that the previous enemy had some kind of poison? Or was the several substance in his body that did that to him?

Alex look at the railing and turn himself into an eagle, flying up there and check the place.

[roll0]
I'm sure eagle get racial bonus to spot, but not sure how much...