PDA

View Full Version : WaifuQuest-Spoopy Town X-pansion Pak

positivespace
2014-11-18, 11:26 PM
A thread for our craziness to be recorded for later.

tab no armored shorks yet
19:14 tab yet
19:14 tsinistar Yet
19:14 Beans :u
19:14 Firedaemon33
19:15 Beans s h o r k o p p l s n e r f
19:15 tsinistar Well then
19:15 tsinistar Eleven yanks the chain out with a derisive 'hah!' And draws it back, spinning iy around his hand as he assumes Ebon shadow form
19:17 tsinistar The 'blunt' (readlightly smaller spikes and blades) end of his chain at another nearby shark, wrapping it around the beastman's neck and yanking hard, aiming to drop the shark down to its knees and strangle it.
19:18 tab what's your dash move beans
19:18 tab and sux, tech?
19:18 Beans 10 yords
19:18 tsinistar ((11))
19:19 tsinistar 14 damage
19:21 tab Beans is well within safe range, and Heart as well
19:21 Beans yaaaay
19:22 tab The shark man are smarter than most, and quickly realize that this is no battle for them to win
19:23 tab They start to retreat, one nabbed by a swinging chain and yanked back with such force that he sails over Eleven and smashes into a mast, splintering some of the more worn wood on the surface of the pole and losing several chunks of flesh to the blow
19:23 tab might not want to yank so hard when shadow shadow bo badow mode is on
19:23 tab round 4, if anyone wants to attack fleeing sharkmen?
19:24 Beans Carrion just uses Hungry Missile, her knoifs zooping back to her. She hopes they can eet some shork
19:25 tsinistar Eleven sends the blunt end out again, using blunt damage this time and trying to yank back a shark
19:25 Beans "Fetching our dinner, Eleven?"
19:25 tsinistar Hell, flurry it, he tries to yank back 2
19:25 tsinistar " Dinner, show, whatever we're up for. Who knows, they might have info."
19:26 tab that's a -3 penalty
19:26 tab wait no im dumb
19:26 tab -2
19:26 Beans -2 the first'un, -3 to the second
19:26 tab oh
19:26 tab okay
19:27 tab thank beans
19:27 tsinistar Thank mrs skeltal
19:27 Beans mcflurries yo
19:27 tsinistar Anyways, 7 sux and 12 sux
19:27 Beans now i want ice cream
19:27 Beans ****
19:27 tsinistar I have ridiculous amounts of attack dice
19:27 tab damage? too much blunt still kills the shork
19:28 tsinistar 8 and 9
19:29 tab A pair of sharks are yanked back by their throats, squealing a bit before being slammed against masts. One knocks a man in a red blouse overboard as it swings past him, and the two are quickly beaten into unconsciousness by panicking vrewmen with oars
19:29 tab The deck is now slick with blood, though it seems the leaving sharkmen took the bodies with them
19:29 tab What do?
19:30 tsinistar Eleven takes any ropes or chains we have spare and ties the sharkmen to the masts
19:30 tsinistar Then he takes place in the ritual smacking the fishman about with a slightly smaller normal fish until he wakes up
19:31 Beans Carrion is going to try to make the crew feel better with a rousing speech
19:31 tab The sharkman wakes with a start, gnashing and thrashing for a bit before he realizes he's really, really stuck
19:31 tab He looks at everyone, snarling, while Obol goes about whipping various crewmen for having been too cowardly
19:31 tab dice, beans?
19:31 Beans here me go
19:32 tab that's, uh, cha or man +perf
19:32 Beans 7
19:32 tab "Why did you keep us?" the shark demands with a gravelly voice
19:32 Beans having 5 cha and 5 perf is so fun
19:33 Beans Carrion's speech is about courage and technique and other shonen bull****
19:33 tab The men in their various suits in various shades of red are insanely cheered
19:33 tab They get to work, smiling and whistling tunes even as Obol whips them with approval
19:33 Beans yaaaaaaaay :3
19:33 tab The approval whip is much less spikey
19:33 tab tech?
19:34 tsinistar Eleven circles the sharkman and sits behind him, kneeling with one hand tightly gripping his neck
19:34 tsinistar " Who sent you?"
19:34 tab The sharkman is confuse
19:35 tab "What do you mean who sent us? This is how we make a living. The strong prey on the weak, and we are the strong here, fae be damned!"
19:36 Firedaemon33 Heart peers out of the hold
19:36 Beans "Oh, so you were just generally being pricks, then?"
19:37 tab "How else to you expect us to make enough to eat? Mother pretty much kicked us out and told us to live off the surface dwe-" "SSSSH!" the other sharkman hisses, having been roused by the crew
19:37 tab ((oh no you found sharktown))
19:37 Beans Show YouTube video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxEKlV-Z6W0)Getting info...
19:37 Beans how did oyu know i was listening to this
19:37 Beans HOW
19:37 tab "Don't you lay the blame on Mother!"
19:37 tab because sharks
19:38 tsinistar " Mother?" Eleven tightens his grip
19:38 tsinistar " Who is 'Mother?'" He asks, but he already has an idea
19:38 Beans "If you don't tell us, I'll sing 'Shark Town'."
19:39 tab "Oh, wow, giant sharkmen circling the waters around Simenare, I wonder who it could be,"
19:39 tab it seems these sharkmen have an attitude
19:39 tab The siaka, meanwhile, still nudges the ship every once in a while as it circles, and the wind is still mysteriously stopped...
19:40 tsinistar " It seems Ten Stripes has taken a more direct approach to bringing more menfolk to her island," Eleven chuckles, "I'm sure this crew would be happy to join Simenare's people."
19:41 tab They're too scared of Obol to be scared enough to run away
19:41 tab presence chaaaaarrrmssssss
19:41 Beans Carrion blinks. "I don't get the whole fuss about men, someone fill me in on this."
19:41 Firedaemon33 Heart sighs as she wanders out of the hold and says, "So...What, you all just take us to 10 Stripes? Or what."
19:42 tsinistar Eleven bites down on the sharkman, fangs bursting out in a flash, just draining enough to replenish his essence from the fight."
19:43 tab "No, we kill and eat yo-AAAARRGH!" the sharkman roars as Eleven drains his blood
19:43 tab Obol sighs and sets aside her whip for a moment to explain
19:43 Firedaemon33 "Nor do I. Men are horrible."
19:43 tab "Clearly Ten Stripes takes the survivors of these raids the same way she's rumored to take slaves from the survivors of the fae attacks. Simenare is dreadfully low on men at the time."
19:43 Firedaemon33 ((Now kiss!))
19:44 tsinistar " Well screw you too, lady," Eleven says, wiping his lips
19:45 Beans Carrion giggles. "You're alright, Eleven. Wouldn't kiss you, but we need another open mic night..."
19:45 tsinistar " Most people wouldn't, carrion, not after watching me suck a shark."
19:45 tab lol
19:46 tab Obol looks up at her sadly drooping sails, then down at the circling Siaka
19:46 Firedaemon33 Heart smirks and says, "Hah. So what, we just keep these fellows as slaves to eat when we need them?"
19:46 Firedaemon33 ((I think they're our captives.))
19:46 tab "We still have a problem. Something is controlling that beastie, and something else has taken the wind out of me sails. GIT T' ROWIN', LACKIES!"
19:47 Beans yarr :3
19:47 tab Several crewmen scatter beneath decks, but the oars are occasionally snapped, making it slow going
19:47 tab all the slower from the bumping from the siaka and the water moving odd ways...
19:47 tab It is rumored Ten Stripes has made deals with some nearby storm mothers, this may be their work
19:48 tsinistar " Sounds good to me. Tastes better than cabin boys.'
19:48 Beans feckin shork lady
19:48 Beans Carrion snorts. "Oh, that sentence."
19:48 tab ((the crewmen have elite sailing skill for mortals, but extra-level health and defense))
19:49 tab ((because redshirts))
19:49 tsinistar " So I snuggle a guy from time to time before eating him, nothing wrong with that."
19:50 tab "Except the part where you get into *my* stash," Obol grumbles
19:50 tab She's fine with you guys eating crew, she does it all the time, but come on
19:50 tab Don't eat her favorites
19:51 Firedaemon33 Heart smirks and says, "Mmhmm. Shame you don't have any ladies around."
19:51 tab The ship is nearer Simenare now, but the oars are quickly running out, and some crewmen have to be dispatched to fix small leaks here and there
19:51 tab Who said she didn't
19:51 Beans Carrion sighs. "I've never found the point in intimacy with the walking juiceboxes, men or women."
19:51 Firedaemon33 "It's fun, sometimes. Let the poor fools think they got through to you."
19:52 Firedaemon33 "Then tear into them."
19:52 tsinistar " Said the orphan lover, " Eleven says, binding up all of his small doubts about Carrions 'love' of children in one word
19:52 tsinistar He wouldn't judge, though. He's seen wood aspects with worse tastes
19:52 tab friggin wood aspects
19:52 tab bonin up the place
19:53 Firedaemon33 Friggin wood aspects
19:53 tab As the final oar is munched by the lazy giant shark before it dashes off, not wanting to beach itself, your vessel approaches the island at a slightly alarming speed
19:54 tab You're in shallower water now, approaching the beach, where a small crowd is gathered, watching in a mix of worry and amazement
19:54 Beans Carrion folds her arms. "I do not drink from children, as you well know. It's not funny to joke about."
19:54 Beans Oh hey look people :3
19:54 Firedaemon33 Oh cool, people
19:54 tab A newer crewman with a red bandana is knocked overboard as the keel nudges a boulder, and is quickly claimed by a squid
19:54 tsinistar Rogue Trader: The Red Shirtening
19:55 tab Obol shouts orders left and right, and the crewmen set about reeling up the sails and preparing for a hard stop
19:56 Beans "Sooo... should I charm them or what?"
19:56 tab Waves bash the crowd and the ship shudders and grinds as momentum and mass carry it up the sandy shoals to knee deep water
19:57 tsinistar " Wouldn't be a bad idea to make a nice first appearance. It'd be kind of odd for me to leap off and start dancing, though?"
19:57 tab Several people hop out of the way, gasping in surprise and panic, and the ship finally stops in the shallow water, a deep rut in the seafloor behind it
19:58 tab AMong the crowd you see pale linthae orphans, darker skinned descendants of denzik merchants (mostly younger), and red headed, tan-skinned southerners
19:58 tab All have the same tattoo on their left forearm, three blue tiger stripes
19:58 Beans ooh redheads :3
19:58 tsinistar why not ten
19:59 tsinistar Why does everyone have a thing for redheads
19:59 tab um
19:59 tab They're unusual?
19:59 tab And hawt?
19:59 Firedaemon33 "Charm seems like a good plan"
19:59 tsinistar riiiiight
19:59 tab oh quit the self hate you
19:59 tab beans what's the word
19:59 tab bummer basist
19:59 Beans bummer drummer
20:00 Beans the counterpart to racist bassist
20:00 tsinistar " Yeah, let's get down and charm 'em, hey?"
20:01 tsinistar Eleven lashes his chain around the foremast and swings down, spinning as he flies across in an arc and lands, sliding across the sand to strike a 'draw me like a french girl' pose at the end of his slide
20:01 tsinistar stunt?
20:01 Beans god dammot eleven
20:01 tsinistar Oh wait I forgot a part
20:01 tsinistar He flashes a grin
20:02 tsinistar " Lllladies."
20:02 tab ....
20:02 tab well
20:02 tab it was one stunt
20:02 tab now it's three
20:02 tab but you have to pass an athletics or martial arts or whatever test first
20:02 tab for the swinging
20:02 tab difficulty three
20:02 tab beans, fd?
20:02 tsinistar Aight
20:03 Beans workin on it
20:03 Firedaemon33 Heart merely saunters confidently down to the beach, and looks apprasingly at the people. They may or may not get the impression she's thinking of them more as raw materials than actual people
20:03 tsinistar 4 sux for swinging
20:04 tsinistar 8 for impressing
20:04 tab The people are a bit freaked out by Heart, a pale, obviously thaumaturgically inclined woman followed by...something
20:04 tab something clearly not natural
20:05 tab a few avert their eyes and make the immaculate sign
20:05 tab beans, is there a page with rules for social stuff if you get dice past the difficulty?
20:05 Beans Carrie just slides down to the sand, landing in a seated, cross-legged pose, hands on knees like a skinny-assed ascetic who listens to way too much NIN. "Oh, hello!" She addresses them like the host of a kids' TV show "noticing" her "audience" at the beginning of the episode as always. "Has everyone here been paying proper deference to their ancestors?"
20:05 Beans oh man uh
20:05 Beans let me check
20:05 tab thanks, im searching
20:06 tab just found the one for setting difficulty against people with higher appearance
20:06 tab ((the difficulty here was a grand total of 2 by the way))
20:06 tab ((frikkin commoners))
20:07 tsinistar Llladies
20:07 Beans does carrie get a stunt btw
20:08 Beans and more or less i think if you exceed the difficulty, you get the effect you want
20:08 tab i missed your thing somehow
20:08 tab and its 3 because mr roger's cemetart
20:08 tab cemetary
20:08 Beans :3
20:08 tab It's a zombieful day in my ghostlyhood
20:09 Beans 8 suuuuux~
20:09 Beans it's boo's clues
20:09 Beans sit down in my monstrance of celestial portion and think
20:09 Beans think
20:09 Beans Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiink~
20:09 Firedaemon33
20:10 tab Obol strides down from her perch, imperiously beautiful, but has her thunder sorely stolen by Carrion and Eleven
20:10 tab While some grumpier natives are signing away at Heart
20:10 Firedaemon33 Heart glares back at the natives
20:10 tab ladies and gentlemen are swooning over Eleven, some literally, and most are seriously considering starting an ancestor cult
20:10 tab not they would know how
20:11 Beans carrion has pamphlets
20:11 tab Pamphlets are grabbed up, and Eleven as well, a small crowd gathering around the strangers
20:11 tab "So, what brings you here?" "What happened to your ship?" "What's with the clothes, stranger?"
20:11 tab "Who
20:13 tab "Who's the one with the...thing" "Yeah why is she here" "So, you two seeing anyone?" "Those are odd weapons and clothes" "Have you heard about our Lord and Savior Kimbery/Hesiah/Pesiap/Dennad/Ten Stripes?"
20:13 tab Someone mentions a small holiday coming up this week and an island-wide fair, celebrating the end of baitfish season and the start of shellfish season
20:13 tab perc+aware
20:14 tsinistar 1 sux
20:14 Firedaemon33 ((Botch))
20:14 Beans 3 of them
20:14 tsinistar Eleven dismisses questions about Heart, instead dancing around and showing off his chain daiklave and flirtinf
20:15 Beans "Mmm, shellfish... oh, tell me about Ten Stripes, she sounds extremely the most interesting."
20:15 tsinistar He assures everyone he is certainly available and likes the idea of a holiday fair
20:15 tab Carrie notices a small gathering of tigermen on a nearby ridge
20:15 tab Watching
20:15 tab Waiting
20:16 Beans Carrion glances over to Heart and quietly mouths "BIG CAT MANS".
20:16 tab Some of the islanders tell stories of a beautiful, mysterious lady rising from the sea to save them all, a blessed daughter of luna
20:17 tab others mutter about a good for nothing usurper who has ruined the old ways and ruled imperiously for years
20:17 Firedaemon33 Heart glances over and mouths back "I see them."
20:17 tab Nearly all cluster around Carrie and Eleven, some of them standing back and glaring jealously. Obol watches jealously, too. She got this nice, pretty face on and everything
20:19 tsinistar " So, this Ten Stripes, will she be at the fair? She sounds like someone I should meet"
20:19 Firedaemon33 ((Alright. I'm about ready to call it.))
20:19 Beans oh noes, fd needs the sneep
20:19 tab ((Sneep is important))
20:19 tab ((We can call it here, I'll copy paste to a thread))
20:19 Beans SNEEPU DESU
20:19 Firedaemon33 Cool
20:19 *** Firedaemon33 left #abyssal
20:20 tsinistar Welp
20:20 tsinistar ill head off to do me things
20:20 *** tsinistar quit (Quit: SUDOKU)
20:20 Beans mr roger's cemetary
20:20 tab am i doing good, beans?
20:20 Beans tab you're the best

positivespace
2014-11-21, 04:59 PM
Everyone should be at 4 bp now

Session 2:

Eleven killed Tigermens
Carrion started an ancestor cult
Obol made coats out of tigermens and got some more crew
Fasna spoke in circles with jerk ghosts and met the bunch
The crew is discussing how best to handle Ten Stripes and get off the island

positivespace
2014-11-22, 11:33 AM
Everyone should be at 7 BP now

Session 3
Carrion and Heart have successfully converted a good chunk of islanders, and Abyssals are seen as champions of life and death now, though the linthae still worship their demons, most of the immaculates still think them unnatural, and the tigermen aren't enjoying the changes.

A mix of Fasna's charms and Eleven's 'charms' have brought Ten Stripes over to the side of the team, as well as really screwing up her intimacy list and probably confusing the crap out of her.

The dockyards are being started back up so that a new ship can be made.

Session 3.5

Briar has arrived on the island, bringing with her a mutant siaka and a possessed sharkman. She is already a badass, obviously, not just because of the possessed sharkman and mutant siaka mount, but because she sang a god to death and collected its remains.

positivespace
2014-11-24, 12:43 AM
Everyone should be at 15 bp now

Sessions 4-4.5

Storm Witches and Sharkmen fought off
Briar and Fasna meet
Workshop is crafted for Heart
Ten Stripes reveals herself to be pregnant
Heaven Thunder Leaves made for Briar
Ship is worked on

Recaiden
2014-11-24, 01:48 AM
Got a concern: The next charm on the path to my 'train the followers' charm is Arise and Slaughter, and it seems strictly better than Firedaemon's Raise the Skeletal Horde.

It's a flat 10m (and a health level) for UP TO 1000 undead, and if it's nighttime I can have them be Hungry Ghosts instead of just zombies. It also has a range of 100 yards per dot of War, instead of just 100 yards. Also it can't be counterspelled.
Literally the only advantage that Skeletal Horde has is the option to keep the zombies animated permanently for a committed WP cost.

I can kind of see what they were thinking balance-wise (Mortals can learn Skeletal Horde, basically only Abyssals can get Abyssal war charms) but it still sucks for FD if I totally eclipse Heart in terms of zombie army opportunities, accidentally. I don't even want this charm*, it's just a pre-req to the one I do. Can I have it removed from the list of Hardened Killer Training pre-reqs to avoid stepping on toes, or can we at least make some adjustments so she can do army of zombies while I do Neverborn spookiness or whatever?

*I suppose there are situations where it would be useful, especially if I get to Essence 5.
'You and what army?'
*conjures up a Magnitude 9 unit of angry spirits*
:smalleek:
:smallamused: