PDA

View Full Version : Build for Zelda 3.5 help

Borgog
2014-11-19, 01:11 AM
I've been inspired to make a Princess Zelda build for 3.5, after finding this for Link...

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Hero_of_Time_(3.5e_Optimized_Character_Build)

Unlike Link, Zelda's powers seem to alter from game to game, including alter egos, and not revealing what all her powers are.

But anyway, figured it's worth a try. What seems most consistent is her good alignment, casting of some kind, like telepathy and abjurations, and archery.

I was thinking Divine Magician variant.

Only glitch is that Zelda wears a dress, not armor. So, maybe an arcane class makes more since than trying to play a cleric without armor.

Help.

LTwerewolf
2014-11-19, 01:18 AM
Factotum/chameleon. Alter your abilities day to day just like she does. Cunning defense allows for decent enough ac without wearing armor, and with a level of monk (because sheik) and kungfu genius you can double dip your int to ac.

Gnome Alone
2014-11-19, 01:23 AM
Huh, I was expecting that build to be way worse.

Not sure that this'll be all that helpful, but personally I've always thought that Zelda is possibly the most natural example of a cloistered cleric archer that there is.

Oracle_of_Void
2014-11-19, 01:29 AM
Her light arrows remind me of the Arcane Archer's imbued arrows, so there's that option. Other than that, I think a wizard with the right spell selection would replicate Zelda just fine.

LTwerewolf
2014-11-19, 01:33 AM
Her light arrows remind me of the Arcane Archer's imbued arrows, so there's that option. Other than that, I think a wizard with the right spell selection would replicate Zelda just fine.

Energy Bow

Price: 22,600 gp
Body Slot: — (held)
Caster Level: 6th
Aura: Moderate; (DC 18) evocation
Activation: See below
Weight: 3 lb.

Simply drawing your fingers in the air near this finely crafted bow causes it to be strung with an arrow of glimmering energy.

The energy bow acts as a +2 composite longbow that accommodates a user of any Strength. Although unstrung, it fires arrows of pure magical force that deal 2d6 points of damage. As they are force effects, the arrows do not suffer a miss chance when used against incorporeal creatures.The bow can be used to fire normal or magic arrows, but in such cases the bow does not confer its damage due to force.When drawn, the energy bow sheds light like a torch.

In addition, you can use the bow to make power shots.To do so, before making attack rolls, choose a number to subtract from your attack rolls up to Hank’s base attack and add this same number to the damage dealt by the bow with any attack that hits. The penalty on attack rolls and bonus on damage rolls last until your next turn.

Prerequisites: Craft Magic Arms and Armor, magic missile.
Cost to Create: 11,500 gp, 888 XP, 23 days.

Force arrows can substitute.