PDA

View Full Version : A fifteen minuet call to Geico........

ARMOURERERIC
2007-03-23, 11:04 PM
Could save Xykon up to 25% on his undead dragon insurance.:xykon:

Nerd-o-rama
2007-03-23, 11:36 PM
15%, actually. Still, it is so easy even a caveman can do it.

Alysar
2007-03-24, 12:03 AM
15%, actually. Still, it is so easy even a caveman barbarian can do it.

FIFY ;)

13_CBS
2007-03-24, 12:42 AM
FIFY ;)

*As barbarian* Ugh! Barbariunz gild think that not cool!

kpenguin
2007-03-24, 12:56 AM
:thog: thog think that not nice. thog no like geico. thog smash geico!

Sage in the Playground
2007-03-25, 10:52 AM
*As barbarian* Ugh! Barbariunz gild think that not cool!

You can't read the ad!

Threeshades
2007-03-25, 12:04 PM
Threeshades not understand what going on...

the_tick_rules
2007-03-25, 12:33 PM
i dunno, Xykon is a high risk client, getting insurance must be hard.

NeonRonin
2007-03-25, 02:30 PM
Xykon should call Progressive first- he'll get their rates and the rates of their top competitors. :smalltongue:

One also has to wonder what the Kelly Blue Book value on an undead silver dragon is... it can't be very good, not compared to a living dragon anyway.

Kreistor
2007-03-25, 02:37 PM
Only makes sense that a gecko based company would provide cheap lizard insurance.

Caractacus
2007-03-25, 02:39 PM
Elves will take the insurance - there's nothing they like more than minuets...:smallsmile:

Although, they aren't famous for their constitution, so maybe 15 would be a bit tiring for the poor dears...:smalltongue:

slayerx
2007-03-25, 07:02 PM
FIFY ;)

You can't read the ad!

Barbarian: *put on monocle*, "Why i do say, i find that it very rude that you say such a thing. Why just because i choose to be a barbian as my line of income, does not mean that have squandered all of my stats into everything except for Intellegence. I find what you say to be highly offensive and makes me want to SMASH PUNY GEICO COMPANY!" *continues with maiming*

Legendary
2007-03-25, 07:16 PM
That only works if you took a level in BERSERKER. Not Barbarian.

Justinian
2007-03-25, 07:36 PM
Barbarian: *put on monocle*, "Why i do say, i find that it very rude that you say such a thing. Why just because i choose to be a barbian as my line of income, does not mean that have squandered all of my stats into everything except for Intellegence. I find what you say to be highly offensive and makes me want to SMASH PUNY GEICO COMPANY!" *continues with maiming*

Sounds like Berserker from 8-Bit Theater. :smalltongue: He's a Dwarf with a horned helmet - when he wears his monocle he talks like a right proper British chap but otherwise when not wearing it anything he says is monosyllabic and involves obscenity and violence.

slayerx
2007-03-25, 07:43 PM
That only works if you took a level in BERSERKER. Not Barbarian.

Sounds like Berserker from 8-Bit Theater
And you both win a cookie :smalltongue:

phlip
2007-03-26, 07:38 AM
I wouldn't want to make a call to Geico if it meant listening to 15 minuets... I don't like classical music that much... even if it would save me money on my insurance.

BisectedBrioche
2007-03-26, 08:30 AM
As long as he has a 4 year no claims bonus Esure can garentee to beat his renewal quote.

:xykon: Look mum, I'm being scryed...wait!

*attacks Michael Winner with the finger of death, but he survives*

:xykon: What!

Michael Winner: Calm down dear, its only a will save

Morty
2007-03-26, 08:35 AM
Can someone explain what Geico is?:smallconfused:

BisectedBrioche
2007-03-26, 08:37 AM

I just assumed its some random insurence company (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geico) which is being advertised in the US.

13_CBS
2007-03-26, 09:22 AM
It's a car insurance company with the motto, "A fifteen minute call could save you up to 15% on your auto insurance." We're making a parody on that by comparing Xykon's dragon with a car.

RMS Oceanic
2007-03-26, 09:46 AM
Geico is probably spelled Gecko, and is run by a Kobold.

They have a habit of springing up in unusual places in the OotS world...

Alysar
2007-03-26, 07:43 PM

It's a car insurance company with the motto, "A fifteen minute call could save you up to 15% on your auto insurance." We're making a parody on that by comparing Xykon's dragon with a car.

They also have an ad campaign where they have mock advertisements where someone says "So easy even a caveman could do it", followed by modern-day yuppie cavemen in khakis and polo shirts speaking perfect english (you can tell they are cavemen because of their dark, ruddy skin, tangled hair and large protruding brows) becoming indignant and insulted at the fact that the ad assumes that they are stupid. That is what prompted the second post in this thread.

NeonRonin
2007-03-26, 07:55 PM
Wouldn't surprise me in the least if the OOTS Gecko Insurance Company is run by the Oracle dude. He'd be able to tell in advance whether someone is a high risk customer and adjust accordingly- not a bad side venture.

Deuce
2007-03-26, 07:59 PM
Here I thought it was "So easy a Zombie can do it".

Professor Tanhauser
2007-03-26, 09:06 PM
They should have said "So easy even Jack Chick can do it."

ARMOURERERIC
2007-03-26, 09:15 PM
One also has to wonder what the Kelly Blue Book value on an undead silver dragon is... it can't be very good, not compared to a living dragon anyway.

He should go to www.dragfax.com (http://www.dragfax.com) to get the record history.

Assassinfox
2007-03-26, 09:15 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Back on topic, do you think Xykon's insurance covers damage from Ragtag Groups of Adventurers?

spectralphoenix
2007-03-26, 09:33 PM
But can the Monster in the Darkness do it?

Legendary
2007-03-27, 12:06 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Back on topic, do you think Xykon's insurance covers damage from Ragtag Groups of Adventurers?
No. Ragtag Groups of Adventurers are created by DMs.

And we all know that insurance refuses to cover you for Acts of DM.

Silverlocke980
2007-03-27, 12:13 AM
You know, on an undead dragon, since the worst that could already happen to it has, in fact, already happened...

Instead of life insurance, would you get death insurance? In case someone revives the dragon?

Hmm!

BisectedBrioche
2007-03-27, 05:53 AM
You know, on an undead dragon, since the worst that could already happen to it has, in fact, already happened...

Instead of life insurance, would you get death insurance? In case someone revives the dragon?

Hmm!

Unlife insurence?

Tharr
2007-03-27, 07:02 AM
Real problem what about swap and swoop insurance fraud.

BisectedBrioche
2007-03-27, 07:05 AM
Real problem what about swap and swoop insurance fraud.

At least dragons are hard to burn down <_< >_>

Aegeus
2007-03-27, 01:38 PM
A 15 minuet call?
I can't see Xykon dancing a rather archaic dance, and definitely not 15 times. Perhaps you meant minute
:P

Hushdawg
2007-03-27, 07:22 PM

now, now... do you really want to piss off all the Southern Baptists and their high lord and Saviour Pat Robertson? :P

*ducks*

Emperor Tippy
2007-03-27, 07:35 PM
of course ;) What else should one do with them?

The Extinguisher
2007-03-29, 04:09 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

How Ragtag are we talking here?

Khosan
2007-03-29, 09:05 PM
How Ragtag are we talking here?

Five of them are from an orphanage, looking to avenge the deaths of their long lost parents (who aren't really dead). The other two are drow looking to throw off the reputation of their evil kin.

Silverlocke980
2007-03-30, 12:04 AM
Wonder if your life insurance gets canceled if you're resurrected? Could have lots of fun by killing yourself, getting the money to someone you trust, rezzing, doing it again...

Have to be hefty insurance to make dying worth it, since the resurrection spell's cost would have to be taken out of it, though...

Professor Tanhauser
2007-03-30, 10:35 PM
now, now... do you really want to piss off all the Southern Baptists and their high lord and Saviour Pat Robertson? :P

*ducks*

Absolutely!

Professor Tanhauser
2007-03-30, 10:36 PM
of course ;) What else should one do with them?

Make sure they never have the power to force their views on others.

Platinum_Mongoose
2007-03-30, 11:02 PM
:vaarsuvius: Well, Roy, Xykon is invading the city with an impossibly large legion of hobgoblins and undead, we're low on soldiers and resources, and your adventuring party seems to be comprised of half-useful, comic-relief-type, get-an-E-for-Effort type adventurers, but I have good news.

:roy: Xykon has been defeated?

:vaarsuvius: No. I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico.

Sage in the Playground
2007-03-31, 12:39 AM
Five of them are from an orphanage, looking to avenge the deaths of their long lost parents (who aren't really dead). The other two are drow looking to throw off the reputation of their evil kin.

Maybe half payment, and the drow are hunted down and killed free-of-charge if they are Drizzt rip offs.