PDA

View Full Version : The OmniShop V

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Sophistemon
2007-03-23, 11:33 PM
The OmniShop

We Sell What You Want for the Price You Want

Description: The OmniShop is a store in which shoppers might procure anything that their hearts desire. If it exists, you can find it in this store. If it exists and it isn’t in the store, it can be found. If it does not exist and can be made, it will be. And the best part is that there are no set prices! One must only pay what they think the purchase is worth, no more and no less.
Exterior: The outside of the OmniShop is that of a massive castle, including parapets and towers, built out of light gray stones. The front door is a large wooden double, capable of being blocked by iron bars that drop down from the stone above it. On either side of the OmniShop proper are attached two smaller (though still very large) buildings built in the same castle-like manner. They have no exterior doors.
Interior:
Store: Upon walking through the doors a shopper would come to see a massive room filled with huge floor-to-ceiling shelves stocked with common to moderately uncommon items, all of which are available for purchase. After that they would be astounded by the room itself; the floor made of glistening white-marble tile, the walls of oak so heavily lacquered and polished that they seem to glow with a soft, warm light. The employees, dressed in their smartly-tailored uniforms, rush from place to place cleaning, polishing, and helping customers.
Restaurant: Were one to turn right and travel halfway to the front of the store they would see a door leading to a fine-dining restaurant where one would be able to purchase and eat any type of food their bellies can imagine.
If one were to follow that same procedure, only going to the left, they would find a door that leads to the OmniShop Inn. Each room comes with a large queen-sized bed, a desk and chair, two lamps and a fully functional bathroom, complete with shower/bathtub.
At the far end of the Omnishop are from the front doors are three counters, two of polished silver with a slightly larger golden one between them. At the left counter sits Gentlebot, Gent’s personal assistant. At the right sits Gongjin, Ekrath’s butler. At the center counter sits The Distinguished Gentleman himself. Behind the center counter are two doors, both inaccessible to the public. The door to the right leads to a staircase that provides access to the upper levels, where the truly rare items are. It is also in the upper levels where The Distinguished Gentleman makes his home. Gent, Gentlebot and Gongjin have keys to this door. The door to the left leads to the basement. Only Gent has access to this door.Personnel:
The Distinguished Gentleman (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1388305&postcount=164): The suave, sophisticated owner, operator and proprietor of the OmniShop. He functions as Master Salesman and, as the employer of the OmniShop’s countless employees, reserves the right to tell them what to do.
Yurioc: Hyper-intelligent mouse. Miscellaneous employee.
Enigma: Ebon-skinned humanoid in charge of the inn. (MIA)
Amman: Humanoid. Miscellaneous employee.
Catherine: Half-Fiend. Works in the Complex Electronics section.
Shadowbow: Human. Works as a Find-and-Seeker.
NPC Personnel:
Gentlebot (warforged): Quiet, reserved and polite, he is Gent’s right-hand man, a salesman, and possesses the authority to direct the other employees. He is in charge of the store when Gent is away. Due to his programming he refers to all fleshy individuals as ‘meatbag’. This is not an insult, however, and should not be taken as one.
Gongjin: (warforged): Ekrath’s inorganic butler, Gonjin is a salesman and clerk, taking careful inventories of every item within the walls of the store. He is more outgoing than Gentlebot and does not call people ‘meatbag’.
Knutz and Bholtz (steel-plated iron golems): These two silent automatons function as The Distinguished Gentleman’s personal bodyguards. They look and function like the Guard Leaders, though they do not share the leader’s connection to the Guard Troopers.
The OmniShop Guard: 100 guards patrol the OmniShop, inside and out, protecting the store, its wares, and its personnel. They are organized into ten groups of ten; the 90 Guard Troopers (http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m278/Sophistemon/The%20Town/robo1.gif) being led, in groups of nine, by one Guard Leader (http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m278/Sophistemon/The%20Town/heavyrobo1.gif) per group. The Troopers are seven feet tall and are armed with massive metal fists and a Gatling gun on their right shoulders. The Guard Leaders stand eight feet tall, have fists wreathed in crackling energy, have more powerful Gatling guns on either shoulder, and possess the ability to speak, though they only do so to issue orders to their squads.
Employees: Dressed in identical gray uniforms, the employees number in the hundreds. It is their duty to keep the OmniShop clean and the customers happy.

Raistlin1040
2007-03-23, 11:34 PM
Good Ekrath restrains himself from punching Gent.
Do you have any idea what you've done? Any at all?

Sophistemon
2007-03-23, 11:36 PM
((I assume that the spell worked, then?))

Gent eyes Ekrath. "I have freed you from slavery."

Raistlin1040
2007-03-23, 11:37 PM
((Yeah))
Yeah sure. And you also released an overpowering evil presence into the world. Don't you think I could have escaped, had I wanted to?

McBish
2007-03-23, 11:37 PM
Eric's color returns slowly he still seems very tired. Anyone with a high spot check might notice that Eric still has a slight bump on his right arm that isn't a boil and isn't disappearing.

Chaotic Bob
2007-03-23, 11:39 PM
This is something that the bulky NPC happens to be good at. He points at the bump.
"What's that?"

Sophistemon
2007-03-23, 11:39 PM
The clerics inspect the bump.

Gent sighs. "Perhaps. Perhaps not. If you like, I could trap him in a bauble for you. You could use him as a paperweight, as I did with my enemies."

McBish
2007-03-23, 11:40 PM
The bump seems to be near by a recent cut into his arm. It also moves a bit if you poke it.

Rebonack
2007-03-23, 11:41 PM
"So I am," the old man responds.

In the moment the two Ekraths are separated The Wizard Who Did It makes a series of geometrically impossible motions in the direction of the space between them, causing a shimmering mote to be drawn from the space into his hand.

This had absolutely no effect on either the blackguard or paladin.

"What are you doing here?" the Traveler snarls, his humanoid shape rapidly dissolving into his feral form.

"Collecting components," the wizard respond matter-of-factly.

Raistlin1040
As fun as that may be, it's not going to work. First off, he simply won't let you. And second, he's as powerful as me, only evil. I was influencing his actions. Without me inside him, he's twice as evil as before. He could do major damage.

((Evil Ekrath already teleported out.))

Sophistemon
One of the clerics attempts to prod the bump towards the cut, perhaps hoping that it will pop out.

Chaotic Bob
2007-03-23, 11:42 PM
The NPC doesn't happen to do that, content to just stare at it with raises eyebrows.

Sophistemon
2007-03-23, 11:44 PM
Gent eyes Ekrath. "You would have preferred, then, that I had allowed him to continue using your body as a puppet? No. I care about my friends too much, Ekrath, to let that happen." He glances towards Princibald with distaste and then looks back to Ekrath.

McBish
2007-03-23, 11:44 PM
What ever it is doesn't move towards the bump. Eric glances over at it and winces a bit as you poke it.

Sophistemon
2007-03-23, 11:46 PM
The cleric stops, and shrugs. He attempts to discover if the bump is causing Eric's illness.

Raistlin1040
2007-03-23, 11:47 PM
You don't get it! He was being restrained. He killed one person. And that was a fiend. Now he might go on a killing spree! And once I'd managed to control him, I could've come out. Look Gent, I appreciate your help but I need to get him.
Ekrath calls his warhorse and rides out.

Sophistemon
2007-03-23, 11:49 PM
Gent puts his head in his hands. "The more things change," he says, "the more they stay the same." He sighs. "500 years old and I still can't do anything right."

Chaotic Bob
2007-03-23, 11:51 PM
A good portion of the NPC's in the area start to voice their disagreement with Gent's statement, using the Omnishop as an example. Yurioc nods his agreement with them while keeping an eye on Prancibald.

Fenric
2007-03-23, 11:51 PM
Fenric wakes up, in a new thread, still transparent, and scowls

Silly player starts things and then wanders off without telling anyone...

Fenric looks around

Raistlin1040
2007-03-23, 11:52 PM
((Am I going to see more Gent-tastic backstory?))

AmberVael
2007-03-23, 11:52 PM
A portal opens in the Big Empty Spaces aisle.
Its a large portal. Very large.
A man with a small, glowing red wand steps through and moves back, then begins making a beckoning motion with the wand. He has a clipboard in his other hand.
Area is clear. Move it through.

McBish
2007-03-23, 11:53 PM
The bump does seem to be connected to his illness.

Rebonack
2007-03-23, 11:54 PM
By this time Maph'tey has completely shed any visage of his human form. In much the same manner anyone familiar with magic might note that the powerful wards present on him are completely gone.

These are, of course, the wards on his instincts.

He stalks toward the bent old man supporting himself with his staff.

"If I annihilate your existence then I wouldn't have ever been born. Then all those people wouldn't have ever died."

Something else is curious about Maph'tey. Normally he has himself spread between hundreds, if not thousands of duplicates, each with a fraction of his normal power.

Right now, for the first time, Maph'tey is in one place.

The old man sighs and proceeds to reply in an exasperated tone.

"You will do no such thing, my Key."

Fenric
2007-03-23, 11:57 PM
Fenric arches an eyebrow at Maph'tey, reasonably sure that he is charging down an icy valley at the moment in at least a small fraction. Fenric, however, chooses to keep quiet seeing as how he shouldn't even be here.

What Fenric does do is to look among the shelves in the "deity energy drink" section.

Sophistemon
2007-03-24, 12:04 AM
Gent walks over to Maph'tey and Princibald. "What seems to be the problem over here, friends?"

EDIT

((Ugh, too tired. I'll be back in the mornin', fellas.))

AmberVael
2007-03-24, 12:08 AM
The man in the Empty Spaces section keeps waving the wand as he looks down at his clipboard. Slowly a very large crate is pushed through the portal on top of a wheeled platform. The two men behind it stand straight and moves to the sides of it, waiting. The man with the clipboard taps it and starts walking over to the Gent.

Fenric
2007-03-24, 12:09 AM
Fenric puzzles to find a 4-can box of "Red Bull" in the section, fairly certain that it's little more than caffeine.

McBish
2007-03-24, 12:10 AM
Eric sits up and sways a bit.

Chaotic Bob
2007-03-24, 12:12 AM
The bulky NPC throws out a hand to steady Eric.

Yurioc's gaze shifts to the feral Maph'tey. He also sneezes again.

Rebonack
2007-03-24, 12:12 AM
"It would appear my creation is hoping to kill me," Prancibald states. He doesn't sound particularly concerned.

"I can restore trillions of lives Gent," the beast snarls, its burning gaze still set on the wizard. "If he never existed then neither did I. This is the only way to redeem myself."

The creature tenses for a moment and then hurls itself at the rather helpless looking old man.

At a distance of about three feet Maph'tey seems to almost stall in mid-air and crumple into a heap at Prancibald's feet. The old man shakes his head and sighs.

"I should have just put you down to begin with."

McBish
2007-03-24, 12:16 AM
What happened? I thought those fox clerics healed me? He considers standing up.

Fenric
2007-03-24, 12:17 AM
Fenric examines the next shelf to find original formula Mt. Dew and Jolt Cola. He puzzles a while before wondering if the gods actually run on that particular chemical.

(( Afraid so, Fenric. ))

Rebonack
2007-03-24, 12:24 AM
The old wizard decides to browse the store while Maph'tey is busy being stunned for the next several hours.

"What a wonderful selection of wind-chimes..."

Fenric
2007-03-24, 12:26 AM
Fenric looks across the rows and scowls at Eric

My clerics did heal you.

Chaotic Bob
2007-03-24, 12:27 AM
Yurioc scurries over to Maph'tey and tries to prod whatever solid bit he can find. After realizing that this would not have done much anyway, he pauses to consider a possible course of action that wouldn't have Maph'tey unmaking himself.

The bulky NPC near Eric simply shrugs, remaining by his side in case of more balance issues.

McBish
2007-03-24, 12:28 AM
Then why did those things come back? Eric decides sitting is a good position to be in.

AmberVael
2007-03-24, 12:29 AM
The man with the glowing red wand and the clipboard sighs and looks for someone else in charge.

Rebonack
2007-03-24, 12:29 AM
The mostly incorporeal beast doesn't respond to being prodded.

Prancibald flicks a chime and listens to it approvingly.

McBish
2007-03-24, 12:43 AM
Eric stands up and sways a bit. Are those things going to come back? he asks no one in specific.

Rebonack
2007-03-24, 12:45 AM
The Wizard Who Did It decides that he may as well leave.

However, he doesn't leave. Instead, he shifts the position of the entire universe while remaining in the same spot to arrive at his ineffable destination.

This is rather catastrophic for several universes, but hey, they explode all the time, right?

Fenric
2007-03-24, 12:45 AM
Fenric shrugs

We healed you. Past tense. Can't heal you in the future. You're not one of mine, so I can't particularly protect you, either.

(( I'd stay and heckle you some more, McBish, but it's late. Sorry :smallwink: ))

McBish
2007-03-24, 12:49 AM
((I thought you had gone. That is fine. Go and enjoy sleep.))

Didn't do a very good job. Eric mumbles.

Fenric
2007-03-24, 12:50 AM
(( Heh. Thanks, from a boy from Racine. ))

McBish
2007-03-24, 12:52 AM
((:) no problem.)) Eric pokes at the bump and winces again.

Chaotic Bob
2007-03-24, 12:53 AM
"Would you like to return to your room, sir? I could help you get there if you have no further business here. I'm sure we could also set up a contact system in case it happens again."

McBish
2007-03-24, 12:55 AM
A drink. Yes a drink is needed. Don't worry about it. Eric starts to head to Trog's. He moves like someone extreamly tired.

Chaotic Bob
2007-03-24, 12:56 AM
The man nods and heads back off to the apartment complex.

Sophistemon
2007-03-24, 10:12 AM
Gent snaps out of Dead Time and brings himself up to speed. After restoring to existence several disintegrated universes, he turns to the man with the clipboard and box. "Can I help you, sir?" He looks over at Maph'tey and asks that several employees go to his aid, which they do. They attempt to snap him out of being stunned, either through magic or poking.

Rebonack
2007-03-24, 11:13 AM
After a fair degree of poking Maph'tey finally begins to stir. He stands, stretching out his lithe form only to stumble to one side and flop over again.

"Didn't.... think it would be that one sided..."

Sophistemon
2007-03-24, 11:16 AM
Gent, seeing that the man with the box is preoccupied, turns around and walks over to Maph'tey. "Are you feeling all right?"

Rebonack
2007-03-24, 11:27 AM
"Just... dizzy," Maph'tey responds, still laying on his side. "I think he used a spell that removed the balancing organs inside my head."

He attempts to stand up again, rather unsuccessfully I might add.

"I'm... regenerating them. I think. I should be alright in a few minutes."

AmberVael
2007-03-24, 11:28 AM
The man finally snaps back into real time.
Sir we just need you to sign this before the delivery will be complete.
He holds out the clipboard and a pen to the Gent.

Sophistemon
2007-03-24, 11:35 AM
Gent takes the pen and signs. His signature is surprisingly non-ornamental. It should also be noticed that he signs with The Distinguished Gentleman rather than with an actual name. He looks at the box. "What is it?"

Rebonack
2007-03-24, 11:37 AM
Maph'tey looks up at the newcomer, but this makes him more dizzy than he was before. Not wanting to vomit partially assimilated time-lines all over Gent's floor he decides to rest his head on the ground.

AmberVael
2007-03-24, 11:38 AM
Not sure. Priority delivery from-
The man flips a page on his clipboard.
Stanley Griffon.

Sophistemon
2007-03-24, 11:40 AM
Gent wracks his mind. "Do I know a Stanley Griffon? Eh, no matter. Thanks for the delivery." He hands the man a silver coin as a tip.

AmberVael
2007-03-24, 11:42 AM
The man takes it and bows, then he and his two men move out of the shop.
The massive crate remains where it is.

Sophistemon
2007-03-24, 11:44 AM
Gent turns his cane into a crowbar and begins to dismantle the crate. After a moment he is able to pry the top off and looks inside.

Rebonack
2007-03-24, 11:46 AM
Despite his best efforts to avoid nauseating himself Maph'tey begins to retch. As quickly as his shaky limbs can carry him he wobbles out of view of Gent and any other customers he might notice.

A classical vomiting sound followed by a series of wet splatters indicates there will be need of cleanup on aisle four hundred and twenty seven.

AmberVael
2007-03-24, 11:46 AM
He finds a mass of packaging peanuts.
Underneath there looks to be yet another crate...

Sophistemon
2007-03-24, 11:55 AM
Gent moves the peanuts aside and attempts to remove the smaller crate.

Several mop-wielding employees rush to aisle 427 to clean up.

AmberVael
2007-03-24, 11:57 AM
The small crate, despite being smaller, is still about 8 by 8 feet. Picking it up may not quite work.
Plus its very heavy.

Sophistemon
2007-03-24, 11:58 AM
Gent sighs and levitates the smaller crate out of the larger crate and then onto the floor. He gets to work with his crowbar and soon has that lid off. He peers inside.

Rebonack
2007-03-24, 12:03 PM
Maph'tey backs away from the mess to provide the mop-wielders accesses. He leans heavily against a convenient shelf of whatever it is that's sold on aisle 427.

The puddle of stuff looks like a fair cross between black angle-hair pasta and silver pudding. It also smells absolutely hideous.

"Sorry about that..." Maph'tey says rather sheepishly.

AmberVael
2007-03-24, 12:04 PM
Inside there is-
Gasp! LOTS of packaging peanuts.
Gent might get the feeling that someone didn't want this damaged...

Another portal opens up, but no one immediately comes through. There IS a great deal of sound coming from it. Lots of talking, magical, and mechanical sounds.

Sophistemon
2007-03-24, 12:09 PM
The employees clean up as Gent digs through the peanuts, looking for whatever it is that's inside.

AmberVael
2007-03-24, 12:11 PM
Within the packaging peanuts he finds some sort of styrofoam shell around a vaguely coffin shaped object.

The other portal finally produces someone.
Grif, actually.
Sorry for the wait, master Gent. Charis assaulted me with some tasks I have to do...

Sophistemon
2007-03-24, 12:15 PM
Gent looks to Grif as he levitates the styrofoam thing out of the crate and onto the floor. "No problem. Any idea what this is?"

AmberVael
2007-03-24, 12:17 PM
Grif grins for once, looking extremely satisfied.
That is the product of all the time we have been hired by you. Everything else? Side stuff. This is the real prize. Do be careful with it- don't want to break anything

Rebonack
2007-03-24, 12:17 PM
Maph'tey slowly slinks back to Gent and the fantabulious box, clutching his gut with one of his too many limbs. He isn't wobbling quite as much at this point.

"Great... now I'm hungry again..."

Sophistemon
2007-03-24, 12:21 PM
((Wait. Stanley Griffon?))

Gent smiles. "Most interesting." He peels the Styrofoam away, being very careful as he does so.

AmberVael
2007-03-24, 12:26 PM
((Well of course. You didn't think his name was just Grif, did you?))

Inside, the Gent finds an extremely beautifully crafted construct with swirling golden designs drawn across it. It is reminiscent of an inevitable, but with far less gears and mechanical pieces evident in it.
It is of average humanoid size, and its "eyes" are closed at the moment.

Rebonack
2007-03-24, 12:29 PM
Maph'tey flops down on his haunches near the 'coffin' and peers at the highly ornate construct.

"Got a new toy, Gent?"

Sophistemon
2007-03-24, 12:33 PM
Gent smiles. "I do believe so, Maph'tey. I do indeed believe so." He looks it over, admiring the craftsmanship. "Lovely. So very lovely. Masterful work, on par with my own. How wonderful." He looks again at Grif. "A construct, obviously, but what is it's function? No, more importantly, what makes it so special?" He looks for a way to activate it, but is careful to not do it by accident.

((Gonna whip me up an avatar for this thing, V?))

Sophistemon
2007-03-24, 12:43 PM
((Darn, gotta go. Be back in a few hours. Sorry about this.))

AmberVael
2007-03-24, 12:45 PM
((Probably))

This construct is known as Oracle. No one knows who crafted it, only that it has been around for a very long time.
Somehow, it has been imbued with its own innate psionic power, specifically the power of a Seer. Its power in this area is phenomenal- according to the tales. No one has been able to activate it for centuries. It is rumored that no one can.
Grif seems very satisfied.
The rumors are wrong.
He holds up a small golden key.
It took a great deal of effort to get the construct and the key to it, but we finally did it.

Dartonus
2007-03-24, 04:41 PM
The Panda Bandit walks in, gets a sniper rifle, a flamer, a laser pistol, a laser rifle, and some ammo. He pays and walks out.

Sophistemon
2007-03-24, 04:41 PM
Gent eyes the key. "A construct with the power to see into time. Not a very difficult feat for a living thing, but... for a machine to have that capability... this is unique. You've done well, Grif. Very well. Your department will be getting a raise, starting immediately, of 50 percent."

Blood
2007-03-24, 04:42 PM
Rell appears in a flash of light. "Gent, I want you to watch out for 'The Panda Bandit.' He has killed lots of people already, and continues to elude capture." Rell seems to still be wearing his uniform, since it's still his best-looking clothes and he wouldn't dare stop wearing them. He nods, and then disappears again.

AmberVael
2007-03-24, 04:44 PM
Grif bows.
It was my pleasure, master Gent.
He holds out the key.

Sophistemon
2007-03-24, 04:46 PM
Gent takes the key, and looks for the appropriate keyhole into which it should be inserted.

AmberVael
2007-03-24, 04:47 PM
There appears to be a keyhole in the back of the construct's neck.
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h107/sjunderw/oracle.png

Sophistemon
2007-03-24, 04:50 PM
((Very nice.))

Gent carefully pushes the key into the hole and turns it, waiting for the telltale click.

AmberVael
2007-03-24, 04:51 PM
There is a click, but nothing appears to happen.

Grif watches, hoping it would work.

Rebonack
2007-03-24, 04:52 PM
"Panda..." Maph'tey thinks for a moment. He's pretty certain he's seen this guy before. He shrugs, allowing one of his multiple duplicates take care of it. The odd beast watches the machine with interest.

Sophistemon
2007-03-24, 04:57 PM
Gent removes the key. "Hmm..."

AmberVael
2007-03-24, 04:59 PM
As soon as the key is removed, the construct's eyes open, glowing gold.
Who requires the Oracle?

Sophistemon
2007-03-24, 05:03 PM
Gent's eyes widen. "That would be me, I suppose."

Rebonack
2007-03-24, 05:06 PM
"What sort of questions are you going to ask it, Gent?" Maph'tey inquires curiously. He honestly wonders what the Man With Everything intends to do with the machine.

AmberVael
2007-03-24, 05:06 PM
The construct turns and regards the Gent.
I see.

Sophistemon
2007-03-24, 05:14 PM
"Who created you, Oracle?"

AmberVael
2007-03-24, 05:19 PM
I was created by Calchas, the Seer and First Advisor of the Dakorath.

Sophistemon
2007-03-24, 05:21 PM
"Who was Calchas, and what were the Dakorath?"

AmberVael
2007-03-24, 05:25 PM
The Dakorath were the firstborn of the realm Netu. They were the rulers of the cosmos, the wielders of the art of Imbiance, and the creators of the deities.
Calchas was their Seer, most learned in the arts of divination and oracular power. He advised their king and spoke the Prophecy of the Phoenix.

Rebonack
2007-03-24, 05:35 PM
Maph'tey listens expectantly.

"Now this is fascinating."

Sophistemon
2007-03-24, 05:37 PM
Gent thinks. "There is something familiar about all of this. What was the Imbiance?"

AmberVael
2007-03-24, 05:45 PM
Imbiance is the primal form of magic which the Dakorath alone know how to use.

Sophistemon
2007-03-24, 05:46 PM
Gent nods. "Interesting. Tell me more of Calchas."

AmberVael
2007-03-24, 05:57 PM
What of Calchas do you wish to learn?

Sophistemon
2007-03-24, 05:59 PM
"How did he create you?"

AmberVael
2007-03-24, 06:06 PM
He crafted me in the space of five thousand years, finding the perfect alloys and metals, and the correct way to imbue me with his power of visions.

Sophistemon
2007-03-24, 06:13 PM
"Very, very interesting. So the Dakorath were even more long-lived than the elves. Tell me... what was the Prophecy of the Phoenix?"

((For all of you who were clamoring for backstory, here it comes. We just need to wait for Vael to get back from his movie.))

Rebonack
2007-03-24, 06:18 PM
((OoooOOooh. *makes popcorn*))

Maph'tey suddenly staggers and flops over.

"Wow... that one still floors me every time..."

Sophistemon
2007-03-24, 06:24 PM
Gent turns around, seeming to know that the Oracle will take a while to answer. "Are you okay? Is there anything that I can do?"

Rebonack
2007-03-24, 06:34 PM
"A monster made of... well... sewage just attacked the Town. I had to manifest a limited version of the power that I used to use to level cities with to kill it. It takes a lot out of me," he responds in an exhausted voice. "I should recover pretty soon... but not before the guy who... made the monster runs me through... with a sword fashioned from..."

He pauses.

"Pardon my language. Made from crap. Fortunately I'll survive having one of my duplicates killed. Happened before plenty of times," he attempts to smile weakly.

Sophistemon
2007-03-24, 06:38 PM
Gent shudders at the thought. "Oh. Well, I'm sorry to hear that."

Rebonack
2007-03-24, 06:49 PM
The beast convulses slightly before gathering himself back onto his feet.

"Blech... I need some black coffee to get that taste out of my mouth..."

Sophistemon
2007-03-24, 06:54 PM
Gent manifests a mug of the requested beverage and hands it to Maph'tey.

Rebonack
2007-03-24, 06:59 PM
Maph'tey takes the mug in both forepaws and chugs the whole thing, shaking his head side to side upon finishing it.

"Still tastes awful. But at least it's better than... bleh..."

Sophistemon
2007-03-24, 07:02 PM
"I can imagine."

Rebonack
2007-03-24, 07:04 PM
Maph'tey sighs.

"So... I heard that the circus is going to open soon. I don't suppose I could convince you to come?"

Sophistemon
2007-03-24, 07:07 PM
"No. Sorry, but... ech. Clowns..."

Rebonack
2007-03-24, 07:12 PM
Maph'tey's form suddenly shifts, though not into his normal human shape.

Instead, he's now the size of a very large house-cat, though still of the same general body as his feral form. Except his head is huge, eyes even more so. His wings and tail are stumpy.

In short, he's chibi-fied.

"Pweeeease?" he asks, looking up at the Distinguished Gentlemen with his Bambi Eyes. "Wud you come wiff meeee?"

Sophistemon
2007-03-24, 07:42 PM
Gent looks down, surprised. "I really don't... They creep me... Clowns!"

He rolls his eyes.

"Damn you, fine. I'll go."

Rebonack
2007-03-24, 07:45 PM
"Yay!"

He moves to jump up into Gent's arms.

Sophistemon
2007-03-24, 07:49 PM
Gent sighs and catches him. "I'm too old for this. You are too."

Rebonack
2007-03-24, 07:55 PM
Maph'tey doesn't feel hard or soft, smooth or rough. His body is not fuzzy or scaly or slimy. It is, in fact, rather difficult to place the sensation that one feels when they come in contact with him. This is very likely due to the fact that he provides a sensation of nothing. Not no sensation, but the actual sensation of a complete lack of matter.

"You need more joy, Gent," Maph'tey responds, in his usual voice this time. "While things like your new construct are fascinating that really doesn't count. You have the weight of the multi-verse on your shoulders, I can see it wearing on you. You need to relax, maybe not at the circus, but at least in some capacity."

Sophistemon
2007-03-24, 08:02 PM
Gent sighs. He tends to sigh a lot, apparently. "I know. Trust me, I know." He sets Maph'tey down. "You're right, of course. Going out and doing something not work-related would do me good. Any idea when it opens?"

Raistlin1040
2007-03-24, 08:04 PM
((OMG Gent is leaving the store for something other than plots!
*Whacks Rebonack*))

Rebonack
2007-03-24, 08:26 PM
Maph'tey sits down on Gent's counter, causing several passing NPC workers to rub him between the ears with comments of "He's so adorable! When did we get a shipment of these?" due to his Weapon's Grade Cute™.

"I'm not sure... Let me check."

He blinks several times.

"They said some time within the next ten days. A little longer than I had expected."

AmberVael
2007-03-24, 09:06 PM
The Oracle crosses his arms.
The Prophecy of the Phoenix was Calchas's final prophecy that heralded both the doom of the Dakorath race and empire, and of their eventual return.
It occured on the first night of the Great Eclipse Festival when Calchas was giving a speech to the Dakorath.
The Oracle's eyes whirl slightly, almost hypnotically.
Calchas stored his prophecy within the archives of knowledge I possess. If you wish to hear it, you need only ask.

Castaras
2007-03-25, 12:47 PM
A drow woman appears in a whirl of magic. She searches through the shelves for something in particular. She picks up around 15 small, heavy packages. She pays for them in small, top-quality gemstones, before teleporting away again.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-03-25, 01:30 PM
Vespe's avatar appears in the shop. I need something to get myself out of the elemental plane of fire.... he buys a water bottle, and leaves.

Warpfire
2007-03-25, 01:36 PM
Nathaniel enters, purchases a magical-looking amulet, and leaves as he puts it around his neck.

Sophistemon
2007-03-25, 03:02 PM
Gent looks to Maph'tey. "Ten days to set up? It must be a very large circus. What that implies, unfortunately, is that it contains a rather dishearteningly large number of clowns." He turns back to Oracle just in time to hear about the Prophecy of the Phoenix. He manifests a chair for himself, so that he might be comfortable as he listens. He glances at Maph'tey, and then addresses Oracle. "I... yes. I would very much like to know of this prophecy."

AmberVael
2007-03-25, 03:27 PM
The Oracle nods.
As you wish, Agios Asebis.
There is a slight pause, then its eyes whirl to a dark, vivid blue. When it speaks again, it has a powerful, commanding voice that echoes from the past.
The Dakorath have ruled in might and splendor for countless years, but in the space of one, their civilization will fall.
Their warriors will fall before the spear-
Their scholars will grow foolish and ignorant-
Their leaders will follow the path of the fallen.

The twin hounds of havoc and destruction will run rampant, chaos will devour and despair will drown the innocent. Fire will claim the cities for a funeral pyre.
The art of Imbiance will ignore its masters as they consume themselves to forget it.
The Dakorath will kneel and swear fealty to those below them, they will turn their glory to dust and ashes.

One year, completing the turn of the ever spinning wheel-
Fate pauses for no one. Time does not stop for even the greatest. Only a fool ignores it.

The wheel will turn, an heir will be born, one with the power of old, and the blood of good and evil.
None will be able to oppose his will, none but himself.
Only time. Time will tell. His power is his own.
The Dakorath may rise.
The gods may die.
The planes may perish,
The earth may flourish.
The heir will choose.
Only time. Time will tell.

The Oracle's eyes and voice return to normal.
What more would you inquire of?

Sophistemon
2007-03-25, 03:36 PM
Gent listens, his demeanor becoming more and more agitated as the prophecy is told. Truths slide into place as keys into locks; as pieces into puzzles.

"H-... How is it that you know my name, Oracle?"

((Boom. There it is, folks!))

AmberVael
2007-03-25, 03:38 PM
I learn the names of all those I serve. Calchas desired me to do so.
The Oracle's face is blank. It might have to do with the fact that its features are made of solid metal.

Sophistemon
2007-03-25, 03:41 PM
"And you serve... Do you continue to serve the Dakaroth?"

AmberVael
2007-03-25, 03:44 PM
The Dakorath and their descendents.

Sophistemon
2007-03-25, 03:50 PM
"Which would make me... oh." He looks at Maph'tey, and then back to the Oracle. "That would make me a descendant of the Dakorath, then, would it not?"

AmberVael
2007-03-25, 03:51 PM
It would.
The Oracle clanks its fingers along its arm.

Sophistemon
2007-03-25, 03:54 PM
Gent leans back in his chair, and thinks. "The Priest-King, then, that wrote the books from which I gained my power. He was an ancestor of mine, wasn't he? And the power that I wield... it is Imbiance?"

AmberVael
2007-03-25, 03:56 PM
He was. It is.
The Oracle seems to be back to simple answers and speaking.

Sophistemon
2007-03-25, 04:40 PM
Gent closes his eyes for a moment, and thinks. He remembers his parents clearly for the first time in a while. His mother and father.

The wheel will turn, an heir will be born, one with the power of old, and the blood of good and evil.

Could it be? He doesn't remember anything odd about his parents. His father was a merchant, his mother a housewife. He would remember, wouldn't he, if his father had had a tail and horns and his mother alabaster wings?

A swift, unpleasant thought roars through the back of his mind. A single word, dangerous in its simplicity but undoubtedly true.

Abandonment.

No, too harsh.

Adoption.

Suitable.

Why didn't changing the word make him feel any better? Of course, he might be wrong. He might not be the one mentioned in Oracle's prophecy. This might all be nothing more than a massive, implausible coincidence. There could be more than one descendant of the Dakorath. His parents might be who he'd always thought they were.

His eyes open again, and he trains them on Oracle. He breathes deep. "You have made quite a few things clear to me, Oracle. Not all of them pleasant, but the whole of them useful. I have another question for you."

AmberVael
2007-03-25, 04:42 PM
It is my purpose to answer.

Sophistemon
2007-03-25, 04:43 PM
"Am I the one mentioned in Calchak's prophecy? Am I the Dakorath's heir?"

AmberVael
2007-03-25, 04:45 PM
You are not the heir of prophecy.

Sophistemon
2007-03-25, 04:53 PM
Gent breathes a sigh of relief. So he's not the heir of an ancient, all-powerful race of nigh-omnipotent beings. At least his mom wasn't a fiend. Curiosity gets the better of him.

"Who is?"

AmberVael
2007-03-25, 04:55 PM
No one has yet fufilled the prophecy. The heir will come in time.

Sophistemon
2007-03-25, 06:18 PM
"Curiouser and curiouser." He thinks again. "I will regret this," he says. "I know that I will, but I think that I want to know. You say that I am a descendant of the Dakorath, and am thus the result of a union of good blood and evil blood. Both of my parents were human; neither were evil. Could you explain this discrepancy to me, please?"

AmberVael
2007-03-25, 06:34 PM
Your father was the fiend Nyels, who was in the service of Grauul. Grauul's city, 500 years ago, was assault by an angelic force who were soon defeated at the skilled and numerous fiends under Grauul's command.
Only one celestial survived- the angel Lyriael. She was given to Nyels as a trophy, but after being raped she found an opportunity to flee and took it.
She found, however, that she was pregnant with a child. You.
Once she gave birth she handed you to the "parents" you have known and went back to battle.

Sophistemon
2007-03-25, 06:54 PM
Gent's heart shatters, but he forces it back together. Then it shatters again.

"I ... see." He repairs his heart.

"You said earlier that the heir mentioned in the prophecy has not yet come, but will in time. What did you mean by this?"

AmberVael
2007-03-25, 06:58 PM
None of the heirs have proven that they are the heir of the prophecy.

Sophistemon
2007-03-25, 07:02 PM
"And how does one prove that they are the heir?"

Anything, he thinks. Anything to take my mind off of the thought of my parents.

AmberVael
2007-03-25, 07:04 PM
They must awake the true power of a Dakorath Lord, and then claim the Dakorath name by the rite of the Dakorath Elders.

Sophistemon
2007-03-25, 07:09 PM
"Would you mind going into greater detail?"

AmberVael
2007-03-25, 07:12 PM
To awaken the power of a Dakorath Lord, one must submit themselves to the altars of internal balance and harmony.
However, your ancestors transcribed similar knowledge into tomes which you have used.

Sophistemon
2007-03-25, 07:19 PM
His eyes widen. "The books. Of course; that makes sense. How does one claim the Dakorath name?"

AmberVael
2007-03-25, 07:22 PM
The Dakorath had a ceremony to introduce those who were not truly Dakorath to the Dakorath race.
The ceremony would take place at one of the altars, and required at least one Dakorath Elder.
Did I misjudge the intent of your question, or should I continue?

Sophistemon
2007-03-25, 07:28 PM
"I see. And where would one find a Dakorath Elder?"

Rebonack
2007-03-25, 07:31 PM
The Traveler takes in the tale, still sitting atop Gent's counter. He glances between the dazzling construct and his friend.

The last thing Gent needs is more pain.

Nevrmore
2007-03-25, 07:32 PM
((Gent may sell everything, but now Wagner's got the Homunculus racket cornered! Haha!

*Swoops off into the night*))

AmberVael
2007-03-25, 07:34 PM
There is a pause, then-
I am not at liberty to divulge the locations of the Dakorath Elders.

Sophistemon
2007-03-25, 07:52 PM
"I did not ask you to divulge that information, only to tell me how to locate them."

((Starting tomorrow, a 900% discount on all humunculi. How d'you like them apples, b****?))

Rebonack
2007-03-25, 07:54 PM
Maph'tey grins as he turns his attention back to the machine.

"Touché."

AmberVael
2007-03-25, 07:55 PM
You asked "and where would one find a Dakorath Elder."

Sophistemon
2007-03-25, 08:02 PM
Gent frowns. "Sorry. Forget the Elder for now. You say that I need to be at an altar. Where would I find such an altar?"

AmberVael
2007-03-25, 08:04 PM
The Dakorath Altars are also secret information. The Dakorath are constantly sought after by the gods, and must hide their presence and power.

Sophistemon
2007-03-25, 08:08 PM
"That's consistent with what I know of the Priest-King. Very well, Oracle. Tell me, please. Did Calchas look forward to the coming of the heir?"

AmberVael
2007-03-25, 08:09 PM
Calchas has always awaited the coming of the heir. The heir is the only chance for the return of the Dakorath.
However, Calchas always knew that the heir could do as he wished with his power- he could do as he desired and no one would stop him.

Nevrmore
2007-03-25, 08:12 PM
((Starting tomorrow, a 900% discount on all humunculi. How d'you like them apples, b****?))
((Oh, it's on, Sophie. It's on.))

Sophistemon
2007-03-25, 08:15 PM
"How did Calchas envision the heir receiving the information necessary to becoming a true Dakorath?"

Rebonack
2007-03-25, 08:16 PM
"This sounds like one of those questing things you have to figure out on your own," Maph'tey comments.

AmberVael
2007-03-25, 08:17 PM
The heir would the ability to find what he needed himself, otherwise he would not be the true heir.

Rebonack
2007-03-25, 08:18 PM
The chibi-Maph'tey grins.

"See?"

Sophistemon
2007-03-25, 08:25 PM
Gent looks at the mini-Maph. "Don't test me. I just found out that I'm an adopted rape-baby." He leans back in his chair. "On one hand, I could just Bend... er... Imbiance the information right into my head, and then I'd know it. Of course, I could always just ... Imbiance ... no, forget it. I've called it Bending for 500 years and I'm not stopping now. I could always just Bend myself into a Dakorath, thus circumventing the entire process. But I've said it before and I'll say it again: the journey is often more rewarding than the destination." He summons a snifter of brandy, drinks it, and turns the glass to butterflies. "Oracle? Where is it that the Dakorath once made their homes?"

Rebonack
2007-03-25, 08:27 PM
The Teeny-Traveler's head droops as he begins to study the top of the counter intently.

"Sorry..."

AmberVael
2007-03-25, 08:28 PM
Imbiance is the art. Melding is the use of it.
The Oracle addresses his question.
The realm known as Netu, which has been repopulated with lesser life.

Sophistemon
2007-03-25, 08:32 PM
Gent looks at Maph'tey. "Netu. Sounds like as good a place as any to start looking, does it not? What do you think, Oracle? Any chance of finding some information about the Dakorath there?"

Rebonack
2007-03-25, 08:35 PM
"I'll tag along if you want some company," Maph'tey offers. "Questing isn't necessarily the most relaxing pastime, but it's a good start."

AmberVael
2007-03-25, 08:36 PM
There are likely to be remnants of the Dakorath there.

Sophistemon
2007-03-25, 08:39 PM
"Good. Well then. Care to tag along with us, Oracle? Your knowledge will be most useful to us."

AmberVael
2007-03-25, 08:41 PM
If that is your desire.

Sophistemon
2007-03-25, 08:48 PM
"It is. Hold on a moment, let me find out where we're going."

He chuckles. "I hope this gets me out of having to go to that circus."

He opens his mind to the tapestry of creation and allows his psyche to surf the myriad threads until, seconds later, he finds it. "Ah, there you are."

He raises his arms in a totally unnecessary gesture and opens a glowing green portal to planet Netu. He motions to the portal. "mini-Maphs and Oracles first."

((Continued in the Netu thread.))

AmberVael
2007-03-25, 08:49 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2261050

The oracle goes in.

Rebonack
2007-03-25, 08:54 PM
The cat-sized fearsome predator hops off the counter and trots through the portal. Sure he could assume his humanoid for pretty much at will, but he has the feeling that the awesome power of Weapons Grade Cute™ might throw some would be opponents off.

Sophistemon
2007-03-25, 09:01 PM
Gent himself walks through the portal, which vanishes as he enters it.

Castaras
2007-03-26, 01:07 PM
A drow woman teleports in, picks up a bag of small heavy packages, pays for them in perfectly crafted gems, then teleports away again.

Baeleck
2007-03-26, 03:13 PM
The Wampus squeezes out of a pipe inside the shop. It lands on the floor with a plop, and then slides up to the counter.

Kyrian
2007-03-26, 03:15 PM
Nazgul enters the OmniShop and looks around. After a few moments of looking, he is over at the jewelry counter, looking at several different bracelets. Finally he chooses one. Talking to a NPC, he comes to an agreement on it and the NPC heads off with it. Returning a few minutes later, the NPC hands Nazgul a small box, as Nazgul pays for the bracelet. With a nods and thanks, Nazgul leaves.

Blood
2007-03-26, 03:15 PM
An NPC walks over, and puts away any leftover money sitting on the counter. He then goes up to the Wampus. "Can I help you?"

Baeleck
2007-03-26, 03:18 PM
The Wampus transforms so he is comprised entirely of gold pieces. It croaks a bit, fighting with an inner urge to eat the NPC. "I would like something which means I can not be banished from any plains..." It smiles a golden smile.

Blood
2007-03-26, 03:26 PM
"Hmmm..." Having been taught by one of the other employees who likely got it from Yurioc at some point, the NPC looks it up on the computer. "Prevent ... being banished ... from any planes... Aha! There's a cape in aisle 2,601 that you can apparently wrap around yourself to prevent you from being banished." He scrutinizes the Wampus. "I think swallowing it will work just as well, as long as you don't digest it..."

Baeleck
2007-03-26, 03:32 PM
"Well, I suppose I'll have to wear it. I digest quite a lot..." It licks its lips a bit. It then dashes off down to aisle 2,601 and finds the cloak, before returning. It breaks off an arm, and passes it to the NPC with its other hand. It is made of about 1,000 gp, at an estimate. It then breaks off a shorter leg, probably about 800gp. "Trust me, this is worth an arm and a leg. Must dash." It throws the cape on, and turns to goo form, absorbing it slightly so it is just submerged. It then slithers away, back down the pipe.

Blood
2007-03-26, 03:38 PM
The NPC puts the money away and promptly fades into the other NPC's roaming the shop.

Nevrmore
2007-03-26, 03:42 PM
A woman, only about a foot tall, with deep blue wings flies throughout the streets. She tapes a poster, insultingly enough, to one of the Omnishop's windows.

The poster reads:

Want a pet to call your own?
How about someone to help with chores?
A fierce battle companion?
Or even just a friend?

Then come down to Wagner's Homunculus Farm! Wagner takes great care of all of his Homunculi, and will even create custom ones specific to your needs! For an extra 5gp, he will even give you a set of clothes and food for your new Homunculus! Don't trust anyone else, Wagner is a great alchemist who has been doing this for years.

The Homunculus Farm - right outside of town on the edge of the Countryside. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38580) Get yours today!

Sophistemon
2007-03-26, 04:07 PM
One of the employees takes a look at the sign, smiles, and writes herself a note to tell Gent about it.

Nevrmore
2007-03-26, 11:55 PM
Adder walks into the Omnishop. Since his player is currently too tired to RP anything, he buys a special device that allows telepathy between two non-telepathic beings and leaves.

blackout
2007-03-27, 08:34 PM
A guy in a Blackout Raiders uniform runs in. "Excuse me, I need a doohickey that controls time in a limited area."

Sophistemon
2007-03-27, 08:53 PM
An employee walks over. "One doohickey, coming up!" He dashes off for a moment and returns with something similar to a stopwatch. "It can speed up, slow down, and reverse time in a preset area."

blackout
2007-03-27, 09:14 PM
"Thank ya kindly."

He tosses over a bag of gold and runs off with the watch.

Exachix
2007-03-28, 01:30 PM
Karaki enters and looks around. He hmms, and buys two Bracers, which help Archery, and pays for them, before leaving.

McBish
2007-03-28, 03:48 PM
A women comes in and heads to the potion ailse. She looks around for a long time trying to find the right potion. Finnally with the help of NPC she finds a potion of Heal and goes to the counter to pay for it. The coin purse she drops has about 2 gold in assorted coins in it. Then she leaves heading back to the slums.

Skjaldbakka
2007-03-28, 04:40 PM
A large penguin waddles into the Omnishop from the streets. He flips open a large pamphlet that says SALE in large block letters, and begins flipping through it. He walks up to one of the sales people, and opens the pamphlet, and points at a . . . pamphlet that asks the reader to SAVE IN THE TOWN.

Someone took my pamphlet, and so I need to buy another one. Actually, if you could bring me a few pamphlets, that would be great, in case people continue to take them.

He waits patiently for his order to be filled.

A pamphlet suddenly re-appears in his 'hands', which has a picture of the Town, and declares in large block letters:

SAVE IN THE TOWN

End of Names walks out of the Omnishop

The Geomancer
2007-03-29, 05:47 PM
Tom walks into the Omnishop and it his clear, both from his inability to stand still and his smell, that he is very, very drunk. Can.. Can I gesh shome help over here? He manages to get out after much slurring and stammering.

The Geomancer
2007-03-29, 06:52 PM
Tired of waiting for some sort of help to come and role play with him Tom buys a potion that will permanently change the lining of his stomach, allowing him to eat and digest almost any material. Then he leaves.
EDIT: ((This was meant to be an edit of my above post but I am tired, so this happened instead.))

Sophistemon
2007-03-29, 07:15 PM
((Sorry that I missed it. My pitiful human body requires food to remain functioning.))

The Geomancer
2007-03-29, 07:27 PM
((I understand, fortunately for me my body has evolved past the need for food and I can now survive purely on character and plot development.))

Sophistemon
2007-03-29, 07:40 PM
((Lucky.))

Blood
2007-03-30, 06:35 AM
((That is sooo sigged. :smallbiggrin:))

gooddragon1
2007-03-30, 04:06 PM
Rathe enters the omnishop and walks to the front counter

Does this store perform identification services? More specifically I would like 4 items identified with Analyze Dweomer if you could and I'll pay 5000 gp for all 4 castings.

((Just recently tried saurous' place to find no response within a day[technically I already know what the items are, I'm just being realistic]))

Rebonack
2007-03-30, 04:15 PM
A well kept warforged approaches the psion.

Affirmation: We do indeed, meatbag.

Query: Do you have the items of interest on hand?

gooddragon1
2007-03-30, 05:38 PM
Rathe presents the items

A jade ring
A wand made of hickory wood
A rod made of blackened steel
A medium sized suit of Full Plate armor

[[I'll pm you what they are(srry for the long wait)]]

Rebonack
2007-03-30, 05:45 PM
Request: One moment, meatbag.

Gentbot reaches under his counter and retrieves an item with the apparent purpose of analyzing the loot.

Assessment: The jade ring is a Ring of Wizardry III
The hickory wand is a Wand of Summon Monster III with charges remaining
The blackened steel rod is a Rod of flame extinguishing
The full plate is a +5 full plate.

Query: Will that be all, meatbag?

gooddragon1
2007-03-30, 05:47 PM
Yes, thank you, here is 5000 gp as promised payment

Rathe gives Gentbot a pouch containing the payment and takes his items then goes exits the store.

Kalbereth
2007-03-30, 06:57 PM
Markan walks in, glances around, and sees Gent missing. He shrugs, and walks over to Gentlebot, placing a small mechanical sphere on the counter. He begins speaking.

"Record, entry code 'dracolich.' Gent, this is Markan. Seems you're not here. At your earliest possible convenience, I'd like to speak with you. I should be around frequently in the near future. Thanks. End record."

Markan taps the sphere and it hums briefly before beginning to emanate a thin glow. "Gentlebot, hand this to Gent personally. Much thanks."

Sophistemon
2007-03-31, 12:36 AM
Gentlebot makes a note to give the sphere to the Gentleman upon his return.

((Welcome back, Kalbereth. In your absence, Gent's name was revealed to all. I don't think it will be widely used, though. Old habits die hard.

Oh, and I was elected a Town Council Member. My spiffy new avatar commemorates the event.))

Kalbereth
2007-03-31, 10:31 AM
((So I hear. Congrats. And say what now about the name?))

Sophistemon
2007-03-31, 11:35 AM
((Yep! He finally got a name. Well, he'd always had the name, but it's finally been revealed to the public. You can thank Vael for that; he jump-started all of the backstory-ish revelations that have been occurring recently.))

Raistlin1040
2007-03-31, 11:48 AM
((What's his name?))

Kalbereth
2007-03-31, 11:51 AM
((Is Gent around?))

AmberVael
2007-03-31, 11:56 AM
((The Gent's name is Agios Asebis))

Sophistemon
2007-03-31, 12:43 PM
((Right now Gent is in the Netu thread, undergoing a sort of quest to discover who and what he really is. And yes, his real birth name is Agios Asebis.))

AmberVael
2007-03-31, 03:06 PM
Catherine appears in the OmniShop, holding her amulet.
Stupid people... stupid tentacles...

Raistlin1040
2007-03-31, 03:28 PM
((Is that post supposed to kill my brain, or am I going overboard with the "Sex Fiend" motif?))

AmberVael
2007-03-31, 03:30 PM
((Think about Trog's, the word quiet, and Catherine just wanting some peace, and maybe it will be less perverted))

Raistlin1040
2007-03-31, 03:31 PM
((Ok. Sounds nice.))

Sophistemon
2007-03-31, 03:33 PM
Gentlebot looks up from his bookkeeping. "Query: Is there something amiss, Mistress Catherine?"

AmberVael
2007-03-31, 03:35 PM
Just some morons saying "quiet" in Trog's again.
She moves over to the inn and opens up her laptop.

Raistlin1040
2007-03-31, 03:40 PM
((Quiet. QUIET!))

Sophistemon
2007-03-31, 03:43 PM
Gentlebot nods. "Statement: I see."

AmberVael
2007-03-31, 04:53 PM
Catherine idly begins making a new program on her laptop.

Kyrian
2007-03-31, 06:35 PM
Rafael enters the OmniShop and wanders around, keeping close watch. He begins setting small devices all over the place, set to let him know if Aesa appears or enters.

Sophistemon
2007-03-31, 07:16 PM
Gentlebot eyes Rafael quizzically. "Query: Sir? What are you doing?"

Kyrian
2007-03-31, 07:17 PM
Rafael looks at Gentlebot. Looking out for someone. Someone I know will come here and try something bad.

Sophistemon
2007-03-31, 07:20 PM
"Query: Who, and what?"

Kyrian
2007-03-31, 07:22 PM
Rafael sighs. Rather not say.

Sophistemon
2007-03-31, 07:24 PM
"Statement: I would normally not be so insistent, but... Exception to the Norm: You are setting up devices in my master's shop. Addition: I feel that I must insist you inform me as to what is going on."

AmberVael
2007-03-31, 07:25 PM
An illusion of Aesa appears in the back of the shop, whistling to herself as she looks for what she wants. She has a slight disguise on, not enough to deter someone who really knew her, but enough to avoid casual recognition. Furthermore, she has warped fate to make it appear that she is not actually there for divination purposes.

Kyrian
2007-03-31, 07:26 PM
Well, I won't. I just need to know when she's here so I can flipping talk to her. That's all I want. Rafael starts walking away, towards the middle of the store.

Sophistemon
2007-03-31, 07:29 PM
If Gentlebot could sniff in indignation, he would. "Statement: Very well, sir."

AmberVael
2007-03-31, 07:30 PM
Aesa finds what she wants and grins. She then finds something else and taps her lips.
Yes. This will work.
She picks up her three items and goes to the front of the store.

Kyrian
2007-03-31, 07:31 PM
Rafael walks right past her, and stops, keeping his back to her. Aesa?

AmberVael
2007-03-31, 07:39 PM
Aesa moves over to an NPC.
I'd like to buy these.
Alright then.
He looks at the pack of cards, the pack of darts, and a single sheet of paper.
He frowns at the paper and his eyes widen.
Uhh...
Aesa places a small platinum coin in front of him, then another.
I am also buying your silence about this deal.

Kyrian
2007-03-31, 07:41 PM
Rafael turns around. Aesa.

Sophistemon
2007-03-31, 07:44 PM
The NPC looks around, waits for Gentlebot to look the other way, and takes the coins. "Deal."

AmberVael
2007-03-31, 07:44 PM
Aesa then takes the pack of cards, the darts and a copy of the paper for herself.
The NPC runs off with the paper to file it.
Aesa grins and turns around, putting the darts and cards in her pocket.

Kyrian
2007-03-31, 07:45 PM
Don't do this.

AmberVael
2007-03-31, 07:49 PM
Aesa looks at Rafael.
I've been hired.
I don't back away from a contract.
She lifts into the air and begins scribing runes in a flurry of speed.

Kyrian
2007-03-31, 07:50 PM
You're a better person than this. You've proved it to me.

AmberVael
2007-03-31, 07:53 PM
Don't worry. Its the Gent.
Aesa smiles.
I can do whatever I want, and he'll reverse it as soon as he wants.
She triggers the first rune, and suddenly the air is filled with a thunderous sound that shatters numerous items, bursts eardrums, and harms weaker materials.
It doesn't stop, either.

Kyrian
2007-03-31, 07:53 PM
What is it you want from me Aesa?

Sophistemon
2007-03-31, 07:55 PM
NPCs screech in pain and terror. The warforged begin shepherding people out of the shop, so that they can escape the pain of the sound. The golem-guards, including Knutz and Bholtz, help with this process.

AmberVael
2007-03-31, 07:56 PM
Aesa yawns and triggers her next rune. The thunder stops, and Aesa uses a disjunction that sweeps over everything she ruined, and many more items besides.
She then summons about ten hecatonchires to ramapage about the shop, along with a horde of goblins just to smash things.

Rebonack
2007-03-31, 07:58 PM
((Do they use goblin sticks?))

Kyrian
2007-03-31, 08:00 PM
Rafael growl as two enhanced pistols 3d mesh and fill in just outside his hands. He grabs them both and opens fire on the goblins.

Damnit Aesa, you want the truth? You want to know why I fell for you? Because of your good side. You showed me who you could be, and I liked it. You're better than this, and you know it, so why do you constantly lie to the world about it?

AmberVael
2007-03-31, 08:00 PM
((Duh, they're goblins!))
Catherine, who remembers she is inside, quickly teleports away again, quite exasperated now.

Sophistemon
2007-03-31, 08:05 PM
The employees having fled, the warforged retreat to the upper levels, unprepared for combat as they are. Knutz and Bholtz go with them as protection, but the other guards engage the ransackers.

Rebonack
2007-03-31, 08:09 PM
Regiji's Probe that was hanging around at the OmniShop explodes quite spectacularly.