PDA

View Full Version : Werewolf Lord Human Barbarian VS. Half-red dragon Elf Barbarian

Johnmakuta
2014-11-19, 07:08 PM
I am DMing a 3.5 home brew game and we have two barbarians who are constantly arguing in a "I killed more Orcs than you!" way. Who do you think would win if they ever got into a fight?

Blackhawk748
2014-11-19, 09:09 PM
Well the Werworlf Lord has the advantage with Str and DR (if the elf doesnt have Silver weapons) but the Elf has more class levels. Also this depends on each of their OP levels, as Metabreath can be vicious.

So without seeing their individual builds i cant really give a good judgment.

Johnmakuta
2014-11-19, 10:10 PM
So without seeing their individual builds i cant really give a good judgment.

Right now they want to stay as just barbarians but the half-dragon has been looking into sorcery and the werewolf is thinking about adding some Druid levels. If they were both level 9 barbarians + 7 LVs in Sorcerer(half-dragon) or Druid(werewolf) and they both had the choice of any magic weapons (within reason) that they wanted. Which would win and how would he do it?

Yogibear41
2014-11-20, 02:27 AM
Assuming both players are about equal intelligence/experience, and throwing luck out the window, I would put my money on the werewolf with druid levels. Then again the sorcerer could do something cheezy like draining the wolf mans intellect down to 0 rather quickly using ye old ray of stupidness, but that wouldn't really be a "barbarian fight" If the druid knows what spells the sorcerer knows, he can play his daily spells to specifically counter the sorcerers.

If I was the werewolf I would try to lure the sorcerer into a thick forest where he couldn't fly, and then spam entangle him, and shoot him with a bow or something while he tried to get out, using trees for cover if he decided to use spells against me. A composite strength bow with a score of 10 or so would shred through those d4s pretty fast.

The smart Paladin and Cleric in the bushes would wait til they had almost killed each other then swoop in to wipe out those two evil monsters for a sweet experience point bump.

Twilightwyrm
2014-11-20, 02:32 AM
Depends on whether the Half-Dragon is able to get wings. With wings and the feat that lets you use your breath weapon once per 1d4 rounds, the Half-Dragon will win unless the Werewolf has decent ranged offense (not out of the question, but not likely what he specializes in). In the straight head to head confrontation your describe, barring to use of Ray of Stupidity or Shivering Touch, I'd tend to put my money on the Werewolf.

Yogibear41
2014-11-20, 02:35 AM
6d8 fire damage with a crappy save DC is easily countered by a resist energy spell. With an average damage of 27 (if you fail the save) and resist energy providing 20 resistance at level 7(30 resistance with practiced spell caster feat for a caster level of 11)