PDA

View Full Version : [PF] [IC] Sundered Skies and Shattered Shells

Karen Lynn
2014-11-20, 12:18 AM
Space... Not so much a frontier as it is a highway now. The intelligent races, though still clinging to their magics, have managed to lift off the surface of their worlds millenia ago; ushering in a new age. An age of exploration, of hope, of new sights... Yeah, that all stopped dead pretty much immediately. Man will be man. A savage parasite of a species desperate to claw its way into a niche.

A new dawn arises on your home. Be it planet, planetoid, asteroid belt, ship, flotilla, station, et al. Though you do not yet know it; today is the day your lives change irrevocably. There is no avoiding your destiny; may fate grant you serenity.

Drackstin
2014-11-20, 01:03 AM
I'll be cleaning my guns, waiting for my next mission.

Navian
2014-11-20, 01:58 AM
'Honourable Discharge'. No matter how many times she tossed it over in her head, Rith couldn't make any sense of those two words. Who comes up with this stuff? It was great not having to wake up at 0400 every morning, but she couldn't help but feel slighted when all that was left with her of her years on patrol was a dinky lapel pin and a strangely-worded, almost indecipherable document that presumably said something about her time in the service.

The last week had been rife with potato chips and late night holographic entertainment. Her roommate seemed unconscious even while awake and may well have been an android. Rith didn't comment on it, but was planning to skip out on the rent as soon as she found a way off this rock. A job would help, credits would help. But Rith always preferred to take shortcuts, and she was bored of her freedom already.

"Give me something to shoot!" said Rith simultaneously with the holographic projection of some sort of grumpy marine private, and laughed. Of course they couldn't afford new ones, she'd seen this holo several times. Her roommate stared vacantly, practically catatonic. It seemed she sat on the couch more out of habit than as some kind of strategy. She'd always sit down to watch something, but if Rith interrupted her, it seemed to throw her off so badly she'd just spend hours staring at the automated menu display. Once, Rith had rotated the couch to face backwards, and yet it only slowed the girl down by a few seconds as she searched for her usual spot, and then figured out how to aim the remote over her shoulder. She didn't bother turning her head, even.

"Do you want any ice cream? I could go for some ice cream." It wasn't useful to make conversation with... whatever he name was, something with a lot of 'v's in it, but half a conversation was still better than nothing. "Yeah, I know it doesn't come in tubes, but you know, there are actually spoons in this world." Surprisingly, her roommate's eyes flicked toward her for a second.

She had red-rimmed gray irises. The girl looked pretty dull, otherwise. Cobweb gray hair, though it was sleek and fashionably bobbed. Skin as pale as a cave crab, and twice as clammy. Kind of dumpy, clearly a couch potato. Overly fond of white jumpsuits, and she didn't even bother covering them with the advertising decals almost everyone else wore. Rith remembered the ad that had got her here. "RM wntd. 50 Cr/mo.". It seemed like a good deal, not that Rith had ever been able to rent before.

The eyes returned to staring at the far wall, not quite at the hologram. Rith would bet 15 credits that this would be the only attention she'd receive today. Somehow it was more frustrating than receiving no response at all. She vaulted over the couch. "Fine, fine. I'll go get the tube kind. Do you want peach or strawberry?" Rith just kept walking, and true enough, there was no response. She slipped her goggles down as she stepped out of the lift and into the lobby.

Why an apartment building needed four story tall glass windows in the entranceway, she never knew. Maybe the architects suspected that for most of its occupants, every time they actually bothered to leave the building would seem like a grand occasion, worthy of an angelic choir. Regardless of the architects, the loudspeakers were currently playing something that sounded like an inept brass band trying to do swing style underwater. The low quality was almost chilling, and sent tingles up her spine. Maybe it was one of those 'ironic' styles?

Outside the revolving doors, the sky ranged from blood red to flame yellow, with a thick haze of smog carried high up in the atmosphere dome. The concourse for hover-vehicles lay just ahead, but Rith always travelled on foot. She leapt onto the escalators and ran down the metal slide inbetween them. Sure, it was illegal, but if it wasn't on camera, who cared? It was only a few hundred feet down, and there were plenty of places to stop if she slipped. The only problem would be if--

The security guard stuck his arm out across the rail, pretending to stretch, as he climbed--or more accurately, the escalator struggled to escalate him--from his former position, despite the stress of the forces incurred by his girth. Having run more than halfway down before sighting him, Rith had picked up a considerable amount of speed. She easily out-reacted the man, lifting her feet from the slide just in time to pass over his outstretched hand, and in the exhilaration of this fleeting moment in time, a part of her mind looked ahead to her future prospects.

Well, it wasn't very good to be airborne while moving forward at more than 25 miles an hour. She'd learned this from indirect experience only, up until now. She flew forward farther than she would bother to measure--nowhere near all the way to the bottom--tucked in her shoulders and bounced off the rail, spinning away into the air in a manner she was quite certain was not meant to be characteristic of anything other than videogame avatars, most certainly not those with a simple variation on the standard human anatomy.

After the second bounce, she scrambled to stop her terminal descent by catching herself between the moving rails, just over the metal pylons on the slide. With the extra limbs, this mode of deceleration turned out to be significantly less difficult than she expected, so she quickly flipped herself over to the down escalator. From there, she innocently rode it the rest of the way down, taking a moment to confirm nothing important had been sprained or dislocated.

Of course nothing had--these shoulders were made of titanium-steel! Rith still felt simultaneously shaken and stirred, but the right ice cream could cure any ailment. She dusted herself off and strode confidently out onto the walkway and into the mall tunnel. It was as if nothing had happened, just as it must, for the cameras! And who could say otherwise? She'd already forgotten that loathsome security guard.

Gunhaven
2014-11-20, 12:49 PM
MD-752 reactivated at 0400 when its time for activity came about. It didn't need sleep just as the rest of the Wyrwood crew didn't sleep but it did need to refresh it's upload with the Great Computer, the machine that had created its servants and programmed them to follow its directives in Glorious Union, to regain its selection of extraordinary talents to aid and fix the followers of the Great Computer.
It had been created aboard the military vessel Wings of Mercury, a scout frigate of the Numerian Ascendants empire that was considered an upstart by the larger empires and relied more on hit and run tactics than drawn out space battles, and programmed with maintaining ship and crew. It has met expectations and requested the appropriate devices to aid in its task with enough credits left to fill out a form to create a backpack to hold what items it found in its path to fulfill its duties.

Drackstin
2014-11-20, 01:29 PM
I Take a stroll around the Compound i am currently port city i am located at. with my Machine gun strapped to my back and my pistol at my side, many races give me a wide birth when i walk threw, standing at 7'8" i can be a little intimidating, my black plated outer body doesn't help that much ether, nor do my red eyes and red glowing markings on my body. i am a rare race and many don't understand what i am. But i like it that way. although i hope to find a squad to join soon, this free gun stuff is useless.

Metroid33
2014-11-20, 07:51 PM
Alphonse slowly wondered about, trying to find a place to call his own in this new city. After jumping ship here he hadn't found anything to do. Bow and Chainsaw slung over his back he received puzzled looks from a number of people. Probably the biggest thought entering their head is "Why do you have a bow in this modern era?"

But he loved bows, they allowed for more intimacy in the kill. Intimacy being something he lacked as an Exo, no family no one to be close to it was saddening. Sadness, a new emotion to use, how strange. This is no time to dwell on these thoughts, it's time to find a new line of work than the entertaining toy of some idiotic Soldiers.

Ganis
2014-11-21, 02:19 AM
Nilrem look up from tending the patches of growth that were so common down here in the underbelly of the city. The filth that poured down from the upper levels made perfect spots for the mosses, molds and other fungi that flourished here. The micro-ecosystems played on each other, from the ants that stored food constantly, to the spiders who snatched up the weary ones, to the worms who converted the sediments to more common dirt. Nilrem never really understood why, but he had always been able to channel the unique aspects of these creatures, the ones others call vermin.

The twanging of a cord reminded him of the morning tide, which happens when the large reservoirs upstream purge the previous days collection to start anew. Since it had been awhile since he last saw the surface, it was time to clean up and see what the world was doing. Cleaning out his small companions, Nilrem slowly made his way out of the damp tunnels, being mindful to clean up with his minor magics. The surface folk never appreciated the worth of good dirt. By the time he made it out of the maintenance hatch, he looks like he just had a nanowashing. Tapping his credstick, it read just what he thought it would. $2. I should really break down and make some more creds, and with that, he started to head to one of the main thoroughfares in the city.

omnitricks
2014-11-24, 08:40 AM
Even entering the space age the elves were considered frail. Being a half elf didn't really do much to change the impression but being a weak half elf?

That was a lot worse.

But there were way to fix the problem. If not by magic then by science. But it was a tiring thing to maintain. Ever since he was introduced to his solution Kashe has been bound to his magitech exosuit. From morning to night. Today was no different. As soon as he got up he was in it. All systems were go.

indianawalsh
2014-11-24, 08:35 PM
Mazahs stepped off the freighter and took in the city air. The urban smog wasn't exactly pleasant to the little robot, but he was always excited to step onto a new planetoid. He waved to a man standing in the ship's entryway... was he a half-orc or just a scary-looking human? Mazahs had wisely decided not to ask.

"Well, captain, I guess this is goodbye. Thanks for the ride!"

The ambiguous humanoid smiled, clutching a little box with a ribbon on it. Cookies - a recipe Mazahs had picked up from a blind Gnome witch doctor 15 years and several dozen planetoids ago. A good cook can make the difference between a cramped hellhole and a home-away-from home on a long space-flight. Needless to say, the odd little droid rarely had to pay for his transportation.

Carrying his few personal effects and another box of cookies (in case he'd need to make a good first impression to anyone today), Mazahs set out to see what he could learn about his new home.

Maybe I'll ask a dog. They always know where all the best smells are.

Karen Lynn
2014-11-25, 01:29 AM
You all hear a grave scream; the sound permeates your very being and instills a sense of dread. Almost unwillingly, your eyes are all drawn to the skies, to the nearest representation of space if not space itself.

In the mall tunnel, there's a drunken, dozing, rather well to do man. He seems to be clutching a thick card of sorts with the picture of a ship and a star on it...

From the Great Computer comes a signal. MD-752. New assignment. Royal Galaxian Freedom of the Nebulae. Docking procedures and transport imminent.

A message is sent to your comm. "Yo. Drinks at 5. Fancy man looking for retirement."

Scuzz. Always thinking he was hot stuff with his nearly incomprehensible 'code'. Offering an easy job; security gig by the sounds of it. Must pay well for him to not think he needs to butter you up for it.

"Oi! Meathead! Gimme a hand, eh? Just take that box there up a step!" The man calling out to you is a tough as nails dock hand, already hauling a crate. The crate seems smaller and lighter than anything he's carrying. If nothing else, you know these guys pay strangers in alcohol at the worst. Creds at the best.

Heading topside after cleaning, it's easy to tell there's something going on. Looking around, it's not hard to spot a huge ship of mammoth proportions. There seems to be a nigh indescribable attraction to its sleek lines and blue-silver sheen. A ship this large must have its own Heart Biome: a natural, living, breathing piece of a giant planet transplanted into a nature support system so as to provide clean, fresh, natural air. A slight breeze picks up, blowing towards it.

After the scream, your exo gives you multiple flashes of a deep part of space, of a girl, a pirate, and then a sensation of crackling electricity. Power. True, raw, unadulterated power. The kind of power greater men die to dream for. You know where it's at. Now to find a ship that'll get you there...

A nearby dog does respond to you by barking. It pounces towards you and backs off. It seems to want you to follow it. It darts down a side street.

Drackstin
2014-11-25, 01:59 AM
Diesel-88: after getting the message I'll grab my gear and head to the meeting place. "I'm here for the job"

Navian
2014-11-25, 02:49 AM
Rith attempts to do the limbo to look skyward as she enters the tunnel. This turns out not to be very effective, so she runs back out for a moment. Still, there's not much to see up there but haze, auroras, and light pollution, under the dome. She runs back inside and takes a close look at the Card of the Mysterious mook. Close, like, from a few inches away, hands clasped behind her back while squinting at it. The thought of palming it does not cross her mind, though that's not to say she hasn't considered trying to do the equivalent with her feet before. This time, she just nudges him with one.

"Hey, blob, what's this thing?"

Metroid33
2014-11-25, 06:22 AM
Moving over to the crate alphonse asks the dock hand "Did you here that a moment ago?" alphonse then heaves up the crate and moves it to where the man wanted it.

Gunhaven
2014-11-25, 10:40 AM
MD-752 looked out the view port as it passed it in the hallway. Doing an about face it headed toward the shuttle bay for transport to its new assignment. As it moved at the maximum speed allotted to it by the Great Computer it submitted a request for future forms for modifications to itself and others it may meet as well as the necessary electronic allowances for the necessary freedom in its upcoming mission away from its ship.

Ganis
2014-11-25, 02:03 PM
Nilrem starts making his way over to the blue behemoth, you don't see one of those every day, using his small stature to get as close as he can to take in the details.

indianawalsh
2014-11-25, 03:45 PM
Sensing the urgency in the animal's movements, Mazahs took off after it, dodging through pedestrian traffic and rushing down the alleyway, holding on tight to his box of first-impression cookies.

omnitricks
2014-11-26, 07:09 AM
At first Kashe thought it was a glitch in the system. Something might be wrong with his exosuit but after running a quick test on all systems which turned out green?

It was not a glitch.

Not. A. Glitch.

But the feeling of electricity was so vivid. So real which only meant one thing. It WAS real. Being a half elf was good for one thing at least. It made him more sensitive to magic and with it the infinite possibilities available through it and one just presented itself to him.

"B-52. Locate nearest spaceport."

Karen Lynn
2014-12-02, 10:16 PM
The man merely mumbles something about a failed engagement and a two timing bitch. "How's about this: Ill give ya this for a bottle o' hooch. No refunds, and I ain't goin' when I know she is."

"Act under what authority you have. Assume any forms or submissals that you would have to make to me to be granted automatically. You are hereby granted Autonomous Authority status."

"You and five others. What's so special about you, mister gruff?" Some non-descript, perfectly average looking guy just nods towards a table full of other hired guns. One of which looks a little familiar...

"Didn't hear nuthin' outta the ord'nary. Thanks er liftin' that thing. Pain in the arse Densalloy. Stuff's heavier'an hell. Mind giving me a hand and haulin' it to that ship? Cruise boat leaves soon and ever'one leaves the greenhorn to the liftin'."

You are able to get close to the ship and gangway, slipping by unnoticed by some guards who are almost immediately distracted when they come close to looking at you. The crowd jostles about and you find yourself hustled towards the ship as a large family envelopes you.

"Nearest spaceport 1.3km east. Coincidentally, there is a cruise ship raffling tickets."

The dog takes you across many streets, alleys, and a flight of stairs; finally bringing you to a large gathering of people. You see a few caterers and cooks struggling to keep up with the crowd of hungry party goers.

indianawalsh
2014-12-02, 11:00 PM
Ooh! A party! Looks like those fellas need some help!

Ever-sympathetic to the plight of the lowly food-service employee, Mazahs carefully surveyed the scene, trying to see if there's anywhere he could be of assistance. If all else failed, he was sure he'd find someone interested in a box of Gnomish sweets.

Perception: [roll0]
Profession (Cook): [roll1]

Navian
2014-12-03, 12:46 AM
Rith bounded in place, then planted her hands on her hips, in a manner she suspected might be sternly. "I ain't into those old-fashioned 'TCGs', mister. Is this some kinda cruise ticket? You need me to run errands for you, I'll get you a whole case of 10%-or-higher, but I've got bills to pay. You look like you've got money." She stood there, tapping her foot, and wearing an impatient pout.

Drackstin
2014-12-03, 01:29 AM
"You said you wanted a gun, and I'm a gun, a really big gun." He slings his heavy machine gun around. "You need something done right I'm your gun" he turns around and walks over the the table "So who here wants this job more then me, step forward." Looking carefully at the men, wondering who they are.

Ganis
2014-12-03, 01:49 AM
"I've always wanted to see a Heart Biome, might as well see where this takes me." and keeps making his way with the family and crowd, being mindful to make sure the wee ones don't fall as they go along, mobs can be dangerous like that. "I wonder if they kept the original bugs or created new ones, maybe a little of both."

Gunhaven
2014-12-03, 03:51 AM
In a burst of Binary MD-752 replied "Acknowledged." In perfect fashion it approached the shuttle that would take it to its mission and boarded. After a 2.7 second confirmation of identity it sat in its designated seat and awaited its departure.

Metroid33
2014-12-03, 06:07 AM
"Oh so your the new one of the group. I know how you feel. That's how it was when I joined the ship I used to be on. They had me do everything for them." Hauling it up Alphonse moved the crate into the cargo bay.

omnitricks
2014-12-03, 06:57 AM
Coincidentally. Still even a broken clock is right twice a day and that raffle might just work out for him depending on where the cruise ship goes.

"B-52 chart course to spaceport. I don't need the scenic route." Kashe said before following the directions to his destination.

Karen Lynn
2014-12-11, 01:23 AM
"Iunno whatcher talkin' 'bout, but here. Gemme good ****." He hands you a wad of crumpled credit markers, not even bothering to check if it's enough or too much.
He hands you the equivalent of 50cr; more than enough to get a pack of rotgut.

Departure parameters accepted. Initiated. Estimated Docking time to new assignment: Three Hours.

One man, olive skin and black, coarse hair, comes up to you. "Ya, man. I gotta problem wi'that. I'm headin' this gig." The man stands several heads under you. It's obvious he has short man complex.

"Yup. Need a job? Got room on payroll for an extra pair of hands. Pay's **** and stones, but plenty o' fun to be had; food and tickets paid for the journey."

Once on board, it's no effort to find a maintenance hatch. Nobody seems to be looking your way. Perception check.

"Course plotted. Be aware of loose raffle tickets. This ship is also set on a course that will bring us to within 1AU of the approximate location shown to us."

It's no problem at all to find an extra slot on the line station, the kitchen hands hardly glancing at you; obvious they aren't paid extra to think or care, just to serve.

Ganis
2014-12-11, 01:51 AM
Skulking over to the maintenance hatch his ever watchful eyes notice[roll0]?

Navian
2014-12-11, 02:18 AM
Rith grins on receiving the money, and runs off even as she responds. "Sure thing, sir!" Feeling charitable, she gets him some mouthwash to go with the miserable booze, and two servings of ice cream in a tube from the local stores. After juggling these things in confusion for a moment, she hands him what's his and holds on to the rest.

Gunhaven
2014-12-11, 03:10 AM
MD-752 powered down for 2.73 hours before it began boot up procedures. 3.2 minutes later systems were online and recalibrated to the distance away from the Great Computer. 7.5 minutes later the appropriate steps were made to insure continued connection and aid from the Great Computer. The remaining 4.5 minutes were spent in quite observation before the robot of brass disembarked the transport at its destination.

Drackstin
2014-12-11, 10:58 AM
"I'm, not backing down from this, so you ether take me of leave me, but i wont go quite." he looks down at the man, and smiles, his plates on his face shifting to form a smirk "I got nothing to live for, so i wont pull any punches, no matter who they are."

Metroid33
2014-12-11, 12:00 PM
"You know what, I think I will. I've got nothing better to do. What's the name of this ship here? he says moving in and placing the box down.

omnitricks
2014-12-11, 12:04 PM
"Maintain speed and tell me when we reach there. See if you can get any information on our destination while we are at it from the planetary networks."

indianawalsh
2014-12-12, 11:21 AM
Mazahs grabs an empty fruit crate to stand on, accommodating his small stature. He works quickly, the product of years of experience and tricks learned from countless chefs on countless planetoids.

He turns to the worker on his left and attempts idle chat.

"Big crowd, huh? What's the occasion?"

Karen Lynn
2014-12-16, 11:42 PM
"'Ere, take the thing. keep the change; call it a tip." he starts swigging from the next bottle almost immediately after giving you your ticket. If you ook at the ticket; you'll see that a shuttle departs from a nearby spaceport in three hours to make the cruise.

Upon docking, you are directed to an intake room for downloading and updating. This process takes four more hours. During this time; the station you're on informs you that your new assignment will be arriving in the same time frame. You are also given a set of astronomical coordinates.

The short man cracks a smile. "Well if you ain' the same as ever, old dog. You don't remember me, eh? Markus." He points to what looks like a pool cue case. "Nymphette has some new parts."

[color=red]"The 'Royal Galaxian Brilliance of Sol'. Human owned."

Nilrem is able to hear a light lick and hiss as a side hatch pops open; he also notices that nobody else seems to have perceived what just happened. Nilrem sees a small bug crawl out of the now slightly ajar hatch.

"Only information available is that it is located within unclaimed space. Not many reports of piracy in that region as it's within protected space." Minutes later, he informs you of arrival to the launch. You see many people crowded and gathering for celebration and free food.

"New ship, maiden voyage, free food. Non stop all day." The man is new, and doing all he can to keep up.

Gunhaven
2014-12-17, 02:11 AM
With the coordinates in its memory, MD-752 moved to meet the beings that the Great Computer deemed it appropriate to meet. The short robot hoped that such beings would follow its ways in order to best facilitate improving them and himself in the name of the Great Computer. Disorder and chaos were like needless background processes that had to be culled so that society could run as efficiently as possible.

Navian
2014-12-17, 02:23 AM
Rith's eyes widen and she looks shocked after inspecting the 'thing'. Just for a moment, though, and then she's all smiles. "Sure thing!" She starts to leave, then stops briefly to wave a finger. "Remember not to drink the mouthwash unless you want to!"

Denying a chance to respond, she sprints back to the escalator on the approach to her apartment, walks up it backwards while sucking on her ice cream, and then passes through the lobby, returning to her apartment, where she delicately balances the other ice cream tube on top of her roommate's head. Rith then stepped into her bedroom to pack, and to allow her roommate to do whatever she does with those things when unobserved.

Rith wasn't very self-conscious, but it didn't take much of it to feel it when she started packing. She had skinsuits, pants, jackets, shoes, gloves. Not the best wardrobe, but better than the spray-on stuff she used to wear. Under her pillow there was her revolver. Not too extraordinary, though definitely not street-legal, the strangest thing about it was how much ammunition she had for it. Boxes and boxes, all jammed into a magical space-warping bandolier. For now, she jammed all the gun-totin'-junk in her backpack, then added her trauma kit, tools, and spare parts. The wardrobe was just padding. Getting her bag through spaceport security would be fun.

Backpack secured, goggles configured, weapons stowed--her clan sword now slung over her shoulder, revolver under the other in its undercover holster--and wearing the very baggiest of her outfits, Rith Tathra held up the rich man's fancy card and announced, "Time to travel the stars!"

A couple seconds later, the movie her roommate was presumably still watching repeated the same line. Rith shrugged, and thought her timing was good enough. She tiptoed out of her room and toward the door, mostly for effect. It'd have to stop when she got to the lobby, or the police would be all over her asking about her latest gig. Tiptoeing was dangerous.

Rith turned back to see if her roommate had moved, as she waited in the open doorway. Sure enough, the tube of ice cream had somehow found its way to the hands of her couch potato acquaintance. She heard a distinct slurping sound. In some ways it was similar to the sound the door made when it opened, Rith thought. Steely, pneumatic, and somewhat strawberry-banana.

She opened the door and confirmed this, and crept out into the hallway. Slurp.

Rith made it about four steps before she ran back, reached into her pocket, jammed a hand in the door, and with an unbridled primal scream of untalented acting ability, hurled fifty credits worth of chips, all of which scattered across the living room of the apartment, like a handful of greasy round things. Her roommate glanced toward her, eyes perhaps widening slightly, then continued eating her ice cream, and looked back to the screen, or something near it. Rith panted. The door shut automatically and apathetically.

Job well done, Rith thought to herself! No one would ask questions now. And now she didn't need to wash those chips. Rith was a problem-solver! She confidently strode out to the lobby, then toned it down to a shifty-but-not-too-shifty walk she thought wouldn't stand out too much for someone suspiciously dressed like a straight-C student, despite having never received any formal education. The goggles helped, she thought. Goggles helped pull off any look, so long as it wasn't a good one, and sometimes one of those, too. She'd just have to slouch her way to the spaceport. That way everyone'd know she was on a job, not out having fun, but the job wasn't nearby, so it wasn't their problem. Little did they know she'd be out of this city, soon! Well, that wasn't their problem, either.

Metroid33
2014-12-17, 07:05 AM
Alphonse reached out to shake hands with the man"What positions you need filled on board, I'm not bad of a pilot and I have some good strong arms."

Drackstin
2014-12-17, 07:44 AM
"You know it's always business with me, i don't feel right unless i have something to do. so Markus, it's been a while, how are you, and what are these new parts? also what this job."

indianawalsh
2014-12-18, 04:52 PM
As his fellow servers seemed a little overworked, Mazahs decided not to distract them any further. Perhaps helping out here wasn't the best use of his time, but he couldn't just leave these people to the hordes of hungry patrons.

I guess I'll have to stay here until the crowd lets up, and it doesn't look like that's happening anytime soon. I guess I'll just wait 'til night to continue looking around. It's not like I need to sleep or anything.

Once he's done with the party, he'll start looking for a watering hole - a tavern, a cantina, or a bar - whatever they call them on this planetoid, they're always a good place to look for adventure.

Ganis
2014-12-19, 01:39 AM
Picking up the small fellow gently, "Best you stay back, the big folk normally don't take kindly when you wander around underfoot." placing the bug on his arm. Quietly he slips through the hatch and closes it lightly. "So, what do we have here." making his way deeper into the ship to see where his little friend wants to go.

omnitricks
2014-12-19, 04:04 AM
Upon reaching his destination, Kashe dismissed his exosuit to blend in with the crowd. Then he looked around for loose raffle tickets as he was advised to by the suit.

Preception" [roll0]

Karen Lynn
2015-01-02, 07:52 PM
It takes minimal effort to get to the short range shuttle that will hop you to a rendevous with the starliner. Once in line, they check your luggage, store any non carry ons, and escort you on to the short ranger.

Welcome, MD-752. Your first task is to attend to calibrations in the med bay. Directions and map data are made available for download."

"Just some new toys for my sweet girl. A newer, enhanced scope, a longer barrel. We're being hired for behind the scenes guarding. Private courier on the starliner."

"We ain't got need of a pilot yet. We work on board the bigger ships. Cruise liners and the like. You're pretty much going to get paid to ride around in between lifting things and moving them."

The little creature chitters excitedly as you head down the tunnel. It chitters louder whenever you make what you assume to be a correct turn and grows quiet as you make a wrong.

It is rather simple for you to see a loose ticket hanging from the pocket of a young gentleman by himself.

The head chef, once everyone's had their fill and the party is winding down, has you help take care of the dishes. One of the guys mentions there's a small workers galley that contractors can help themselves in, it does serve alcohol if that's all you're after.

Gunhaven
2015-01-03, 01:21 AM
MD-752 moved over to side of the hallway and downloaded the directions and map. 32 nanoseconds after the download finished it followed the directions to the letter while filing away the ship's corridors into its data banks.

Drackstin
2015-01-03, 04:47 PM
"Sounds good to me, is there any room, or do I have to make some"

Navian
2015-01-03, 05:02 PM
The only thing keeping Rith from repeatedly kicking her feet with excitement was her general knowledge that a successful smuggler did not draw much attention to herself. She settled for kicking her feet at a low enough frequency that no one else could be certain she was doing it. Unless she was being recorded, anyway, but if there were cameras here, they didn't look like the ones in the city.

Today, she was going to space a free woman! Inasfar as she had a free ticket that wasn't sponsored by anyone who wasn't drunk to oblivion, at least. It was probably best not to get ahead of herself, a cruise ship didn't sound like a great place to become a freelance mercenary, but she had seen that show with the cruise ship's doctor who treated lots of rich people with strange problems and occasionally needed muscle to do the job but made lots of money anyway, so there had to be at least some opportunity.

Metroid33
2015-01-07, 12:59 PM
"Alright then boss, what needs lifting now?" A small grin finds it's way on to Alphonse's mechanical face. Maybe this was gonna be good.

Ganis
2015-01-08, 10:01 PM
Methodically, he takes note of where he is going and has bin in his mind, to make better sense of how far into the depths of the ship he is being lead. Using some minor magic, he assembles a crude map fabricated from any extra bits scattered as he goes. "This place it just as impressive on the inside."

Time is always strange in tunnels, but after what could have been hours or maybe just minutes, he comes across...