PDA

View Full Version : Fast Healing Reattaching lost limbs

zergling.exe
2014-11-20, 02:57 AM
As the title says, Fast Healing is allowed to reattach lost limbs if the ability calls it out. Does any instance actually use this clause? For reference:

Fast Healing (Ex):A creature with the fast healing special quality regains hit points at an exceptionally fast rate, usually 1 or more hit points per round, as given in the creature’s entry (for example, a vampire has fast healing 5). Except where noted here, fast healing is just like natural healing (see page 146 of the Player’s Handbook). Fast healing does not restore hit points lost from starvation, thirst, or suffocation, and it does not allow a creature to regrow lost body parts. Unless otherwise stated, it does not allow lost body parts to be reattached.

Fast Healing

A creature with fast healing has the extraordinary ability to regain hit points at an exceptional rate. Except for what is noted here, fast healing is like natural healing.

At the beginning of each of the creature’s turns, it heals a certain number of hit points (defined in its description).

Unlike regeneration, fast healing does not allow a creature to regrow or reattach lost body parts. Unless otherwise stated, it does not allow lost body parts to be reattached.

A creature that has taken both nonlethal and lethal damage heals the nonlethal damage first.

Fast healing does not restore hit points lost from starvation, thirst, or suffocation.

Fast healing does not increase the number of hit points regained when a creature polymorphs.

And yes, I do know the previous sentence denies regrowing, this is specifically for reattaching.

LTwerewolf
2014-11-20, 03:14 AM
I think it was to give them an out in case they ever did want to do it, but as far as I am aware the closest thing to regeneration that fast healing comes is the hydra.

Shadowscale
2014-11-20, 06:24 AM
I think it was to give them an out in case they ever did want to do it, but as far as I am aware the closest thing to regeneration that fast healing comes is the hydra.

I believe things like trolls and grimlocks too unless I'm remembering wrong.

HighWater
2014-11-20, 07:57 AM
I believe things like trolls and grimlocks too unless I'm remembering wrong.

Trolls have actual Regeneration, rather than fast healing.

Regular Grimlocks don't have fast healing or regeneration, don't know about variants.

Umbranar
2014-11-20, 09:08 AM
Never seen a creature with fast healing that was allowed to reattach lost limbs. Regeneration does allow it though, like Trolls and Hydra`s.

Doc_Maynot
2014-11-20, 09:52 AM
Gods get an exemption.

Prerequisites
Con 29 or the fast healing special quality.

Benefit
The deity gains fast healing of 20 + divine rank. Lost limbs or body parts reattach instantly when pressed against the wound on the body.

Notes
This ability does not stack with the fast healing special quality.

Notes
A deity can have this ability multiple times, and its effects stack. A deity with two applications of this ability improves its fast healing by 40 + (divine rank × 2).

LTwerewolf
2014-11-20, 10:25 AM
Never seen a creature with fast healing that was allowed to reattach lost limbs. Regeneration does allow it though, like Trolls and Hydra`s.

Hydras (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/hydra.htm) do not have regeneration. Rather, they have fast healing that kind of acts like regeneration.

The Viscount
2014-11-20, 12:14 PM
The only instance I can think of is the Detach feat, since the 3.5 update removed the ability to sunder grappling tentacles.

zergling.exe
2014-11-20, 10:03 PM
So we have Divine Fast Healing, and Detach as the only 2 times it shows up?

Where is this Detach from by the way?